The Top 5 ATV Tires Reviewed
If you own an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), then it’s essential that you find the best ATV tires for it. Make the right choice, and you can freely drive around on different terrain without any issues at all. Choose wrong, and you could end up damaging your vehicle or increasing the chance of injuring yourself!
So, how do you choose the best ATV tires? Well, it’s a combination of setting your budget, understanding the terrain you’ll use them on and finding tires that suit your specific vehicle. Some tires may also suit beginners more than others, so bear that in mind as well.
This all might seem a bit daunting as it means you’ve got lots of research to do. Well, things are about to be far easier as there are five reviews down below that bring together the very best ATV tires on the market today. Read them all, and you’ll soon be able to figure out which one suits you.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best ATV Tire is the SUNF all-terrain Tire.
Best ATV Tires
With the SUNF all-terrain tires, you get a full set of four tires for a more than competitive price. Instantly, this is a bonus as you don’t have to fork out loads of money to buy them all individually. As the name suggests, these are marketed as tires you can use on a variety of terrains. They work exceptionally well on rocky and abrasive trails, with the grip holding up very well and showing fantastic traction. It’s easy to get up trails that you probably wouldn’t be able to do with stock tires from your ATV manufacturer. Not only that, but many people also say these tires work excellently in the snow as well. So you may want to use these tires if you have an ATV snow plow.
Part of the reason these tires work so well on all-terrain is that they’re made from premium rubber. It’s extremely high-quality stuff, and there’s specially enhanced traction and skid control too. Another upside of this is that the tires are incredibly tough too – they’re 6-ply rated, which makes them very thick indeed. This means they resist punctures and any rips or tears with ease. So, you don’t just get a set of tires that offer excellent traction across a variety of terrains, you also get some that you can depend on to remain in great condition without any punctures.
The only drawback is that they perhaps don’t work too well in extremely muddy areas. They’re fine in a slight bit of mud, but if you’re always traversing through thick and wet muddy areas, then they might not work for you. Although, the right ATV winch will solve this problem. But, they’re brilliant across rocky plains, desert sand, grass, snow, and much more.
- Front Size: 25x8-12 - Rear Size: 25x10-12 | Wheel (Rim) Diameter: Front 12 in - Rear 12 in
- Directional angled knobby tread design great in most terrain with high performance on trails and suitable for desert, mud, dirt and rock applications. Features premium rubber in our hard compound to withstand the harshest racing conditions. A perfect replacement tire for your quad ATV, UTV, Go Kart, Golf Cart or Lawn Mower.
- Heavy 6 ply rated construction resists punctures and abrasions.
- Lug depth and pattern offers enhanced skid and traction control, great in cross country or desert conditions. Aggressive shoulder knobs provide superb side bite and traction with added protection to rim and sidewall. Trully a great ALL TERRAIN tire at an affordable price (compared to Maxxis Bighorn).
- Rim(s) NOT included. Please see full description for specifications. Contact us with any questions or concerns!
Again, you get a 4-pack of tires for a brilliant price here. They’re 6-play rated as well, which means they’re equally as durable as the ones mentioned earlier. What’s great about these ATV tires is that they have a very aggressive tread. It’s designed in a way that creates angular knobs to help really dig into the ground and provide as much traction as possible. In fact, you will arguably get the best traction around with these – and you can use them in snow or mud as well. While they work exceptionally well in these tricky terrains, they’re just as good on a smoother surface too – so, you could say they’re a wonderful all-terrain option!
The durability was touched upon before, but it really comes to the fore when you look at what these tires are made out of. The materials are specially chosen to offer resistance to any snags or tears that may come your way. This dramatically reduces the chances of any tire punctures, meaning you can use these tires for longer – getting more value from your money. It’s not unheard of to use these Bearclaw tires for over ten years before you find your first hole!
One of my personal favorite features is actually the rim guard that’s built into these tires. They just give your wheels some added protection from anything that could damage or dent it, and they also stop any mud or muck from getting inside. There have been some reports of the tires appearing slightly mishapen because of the way they’re packaged. But, many people claim you can just leave them in the sun for a day or so and they quickly return to their correct shape.
- Aggressive tread
- Rated for Durability.
- Angled knobs
- Special Compounded
When you’re looking for the best ATV tires, it’s important to consider the lifespan of the product. I mentioned this in the review above as it means you get more value from your purchase. Well, one of the great underlying features of the Wanda ATV Tires is that they provide one of the longest lifespans around. This is mainly thanks to the unique tread used – it’s far deeper than pretty much every direct competitor on the market. As a result, you get a lot of traction when driving along all kinds of terrain. It makes the tires resistant to abrasions and keeps them in their best shape for as long as possible.
Speaking of the tread, there’s an angular design that helps offer something called a ‘cleaning motion’ when you’re using them. Essentially, this means you don’t have to worry about any mud or muck building up in the deep gaps, which is often what causes you to lose traction. It’s an innovative design that works well and means you can ride with ease on regular tarmac, rocky roads, cross-country, mud, sand and snow.
Again, you get the entire set of 4 for the advertised price, which is always good news. There are added shoulder lugs too which offer ample protection for your rims and wheels as well.
- Set of 4 New WANDA AT MASTER ATV Tires AT 24x8-12 Front & 24x10x11 Rear /6PR P341
- 6 Ply, load range C, 24x8.00-12 (Rim Width: 6.5", 310lbs@7psi), 24x10.00-11 (Rim Width: 8", 395lbs@7psi),
- Directional "V" angled tread design with wide gaps between tread blocks promotes.
- Additional shoulder lugs protect rim and sidewall, Cleaning action for better traction over rough terrain.
- Heavy 6 ply rated nylon construction resists punctures and abrasions
These are the cheapest set out of the five sets reviewed, but you’re definitely not getting a ‘cheap’ product. The build quality is right up there with the best as it features heavy 6-ply rated construction. This gives you all the resistance you need to wade off punctures and tears – which is essential in an all-terrain tire!
The tread on offer is very pleasing as it gives you expert control in some of the harshest terrains out there. They’re a very popular snow tire for ATVs, but they’re equally as impressive when used on sandy plains, grassy ground, or even mud. That’s very important as some all-terrain tires don’t stand up to mud all that well. But, these come out clean when you make your way through muddy areas – which also helps maintain them in the best condition.
Finally, you want to get your hands on ATV tires that offer comfort and support when you’re riding around. These give you just that, and you’ll be surprised at how smooth the ride is on hard roads!
- Full set (2 front + 2 rear) Tubeless tires packed in 2 packages for complete replacement; Original equipment tread design, fitments for a variety of 2 and 4 wheel drive ATV applications
- Tread depth: 0.79", 25x8.00-12 (Rim Width: 6.5", 370lbs@7psi), 25x10.00-12 (Rim Width: 8", 420lbs@7psi)
- Heavy 6 ply rated nylon construction resists punctures and abrasions; Additional shoulder lugs protect rim and sidewall
- Top notch handling in dirt, mud or rock; Superior traction in woods; Great in the desert
- Suitable for desert, mud, dirt and rock applications. Truly, a great all terrain tire for your ATV / UTV
The last product to enter the list is this set of four tires from MASSFX. This brand is synonymous with ATV tires, so you instantly get a sense of trust that their product will be good. The exciting thing about these tires is that they use a distinctive tread pattern called ‘Side Bite’. This is newly introduced by the manufacturer, and it means there’s more of a focus on the sidewall. The result is that you get greater puncture protection than in any other tires – many won’t focus too much on the sidewall, which is where a lot of punctures occur.
You get a 6-ply rated tire here – which is standard when looking for the best ATV tires – and this further adds to the durability and quality. The design of the lug also helps improve the control you have when braking, which gives you superb traction in a range of terrains. If you’re someone that likes racing your ATV on tarmac, then these are excellent as you can go above 50mp with hardly any wiggle from the tires at all. But, they also work well in sand, gravel, and rocky terrain too.
They don’t work as well as some other products in thick, wet mud. However, they’ve held up very well when used to plough snow, so bear that in mind. These are the most expensive options on this list, but you are paying for a high-quality product. By spending just a little bit more than most of the others, you will get a set of ATV tires that last an extremely long time.
- All New MASSFX "Side Bite" tread pattern.
- Authorized seller with full MassFx factory backed warranty
- Lug design provides better braking control
- 6 ply rated quad/side-by-side utility tire
- -Special focus on the sidewall for unmatched puncture resistance and increased durability
Everything You Need To Know About ATV Tires
Here is a great YouTube video explaining what you need to know about buying all terrain vehicle tires:
So, most of the hard work has been done for you as I’ve just narrowed your search down to five options. From here, you need to make a list of things that mean a lot to you when searching for the best ATV tires. I suggest looking at the following:
- The depth of tread you need
- The ability of the tires on terrains that you actually drive on
- The durability and lifespan of the tires
- The size of your ATV wheels
- The price
This should present you with a set or two that ticks all of the right boxes for you. Remember, these are your ATV tires, so buy them based on your needs. If you always go out in mud, then you need some that work well in mud. If you’re mainly using them to roam around sand dunes, then their ability in snow/mud isn’t that vital to you. Having the right ATV tires is important for safety and reliability like having the right helmet and battery. So consider the points above, and you will make a decision that you won’t regret!