The Top 5 ATV Batteries Reviewed
There’s no denying that your ATV can provide you with endless hours of fun. Of course, ATV’s are not just for pleasure – many of you may use yours to carry out specific jobs such as plowing snow, traveling around a farm, and so on. Therefore, you need to ensure you have all the best parts to keep your ATV in tip-top working order.
Among the many parts you need to concern yourself with, the battery is probably the most significant. It needs to keep running when you’re out riding around for house on end, and it has to be good enough to start up in adverse weather conditions.
While ATV batteries are less expensive than regular car or recreational vehicle batteries, they still can be an expense. Finding the best ATV battery can be harder than you think, but it needn’t be this way. If you’re looking for advice on how to make the best purchase, then you’re in the right place. Check out the top five ATV batteries around right now by going through these reviews.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best ATV Battery is the Chrome Battery YTX14-BS.
Best ATV Batteries
This ATV battery is advertised as being ‘maintenance free’ – which is always a good place to start with a review! You don’t want to buy a battery that requires loads of maintenance as this takes up time and means you’re constantly worrying about it. The secret to this lack of maintenance comes in the form of Absorbed Glass Mat technology. Essentially, this means that the battery acid is safely absorbed by special plates, which prevents corrosion. This makes it a spill-proof battery as well, which ultimately leads to extended battery life.
Another thing to consider when buying the best ATV battery is how durable the product is. Think about it; you’re going to be riding around in all-weather conditions across varying terrains. Your battery will take a beating, so you need something that’s durable and can withstand this. Needless to say, the Chrome Battery is more than capable of this! They also come with extreme versatility as the batteries are sealed – this means you can mount them in any position.
Furthermore, you can recharge this battery 2,000 times, so you’re going to get a lot of use out of it. When you combine this with an attractive price tag, it leaves you with an ATV battery that offers excellent value. Oh, and one last point; the battery comes charged and ready to rock and roll, so all you need to do is insert it and zoom off!
- BATTERY TYPE: YTX14-BS AGM battery with [+ -] terminal is a rechargeable, power sport battery. 5. 71x 5. 80x 3. 26
- VERSATILE FIT: This YTX14-BS battery fits in a variety of applications, ranging from motorcycles, ATVs, jet skis, and more
- TOP TECHNOLOGY: The Acid inside is constructed with Absorbed Glass Mat technology allowing for a low-maintenance and spill proof battery. Patented sealed post prevents corrosion, which gives extended battery life
- EASY APPLICATION: Chrome Battery batteries come fully charged and ready to go once delivered. Simply connect your battery to the application and you are ready to go
Next up, we have a battery that’s more than mighty. This offering works really well in cold conditions thanks to 210 Cold Cranking Amps that get it up and running even when it’s below freezing. As such, this is a great option if you regularly go out in the snow. But, it still offers incredible performance in warmer climates as well, so it’s a good all-rounder.
Again, you get the benefit of buying an ATV battery that comes fully-charged and ready-to-use. This saves you from having to charge it up yourself, meaning you can use it right away. Speaking of which, you will be able to use this regularly for around 2 years before it needs to be replaced. At the price point, this works out to be very affordable. You also have the benefit of being able to mount this in pretty much any position you desire, which is so helpful for many reasons. It’s shock and vibration-proof too, so you don’t need to worry about causing damage to your battery when you’re bumping and roaming around on your ATV.
There’s the Absorbed Glass Mat design to offer low-maintenance here as well, and one of the top features is that you get a 30-day refund policy, along with a 1-year warranty. So, if it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can return it within a month. If there’s one negative point, it’s that the battery can be slightly heavier than most.
- YTX14AH is a 12V 12AH 210 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Battery
- Dimensions: 5.20 inches x 3.50 inches x 6.40 inches. Polarity: Positive on left, Negative on right. Listing is for the Battery and Screws only. No wire harness or mounting accessories included
- SLA / AGM spill proof battery has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperatures, long service life and deep discharge recover
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration. Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures
- Backed by a 30 day refund policy and full 1 year warranty
When you think of batteries, you think of Energizer. They’re a global brand with a considerable reputation, so there’s an instant layer of security that you get when you buy this battery. You feel comfortable dealing with the company, and you know they produce great products. Here, we have one of the more high-end batteries on the market today. It works out at nearly double the price of the previous two offerings, but you get a lot for your money.
Firstly, there’s a mightily impressive 260 Cold Cranking Amps to help get your vehicle started in the coldest conditions. There’s absolutely no maintenance required thanks to the Absorbent Glass Mat technology, so it continually discharges itself and recharges without compromising the performance. You can use it as soon as it arrives as well, and all of the Energizer batteries are permanently sealed in the manufacturing warehouse. This means that they’re not leaking any power while sitting on a shelf, so you get a product that will have a superior lifespan to most.
The design is ideal for so many different ATV models too – and it’s easy to fix the battery into your specific ride. You get durability here that means it will handle any bumps and bruises that you may experience. Of course, you get reliable power that works so well with high-performance engines – so there’s never the fear of losing power while in the middle of your ride. As a bonus, you can recycle the battery when you’ve finished using it, which helps ensure you do your bit for the environment.
- Strong, reliable power for high-performance engines, precision charged and performance ready out of the box
- Permanently sealed at the factory and maintenance free – no topping off necessary
- Length: 6-7/8" (175 mm), Width: 3-15/16" (100 mm), Height: 6-1/8" (155 mm), Weight: 14.37 lbs (6.52 kg)
- Non-spillable design that features Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) technology, enabling the battery to be repeatedly charged and discharged without affecting performance
- Fits select models of Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha motorcycles; Kawasaki and Suzuki ATVs; Arctic Cat Snowmobile; BRP Personal Water Craft. Replaces: LT16CL-BS, ETX16L, PTX19CL-BS, GT16L-BS, EB16BL-BS, PTX19L-BS, 740-1888, GT16L-BS, CTX19L-BS, T16L
Many features of this ATV battery should turn your head. Arguably the most impressive is the ease of installation. This is probably the most comfortable battery to install, and you can get going right away. You get the standard Absorbed Glass Mat technology to deal with acid discharge, and this means it’s a low-maintenance product as well.
But, one thing that sets this apart from many other offerings is the presence of Advanced Lead Calcium Technology. Now, that may be a mouthful, but all you need to know is that this helps prevent sulfation and provider an increased starting power. Obviously, having more starting power is excellent, but what the heck is sulfation? Essentially, it’s when there’s a build-up of sulfate crystals in your battery, which is the primary cause of early failures. Your battery will die earlier than usual, and you’ll experience longer charging times and a loss of cranking power. But, thanks to the technology in this battery, sulfation is a problem that can be left in the past!
All in all, this means you’re getting a product that lasts a very long time and offers an impressive power output. To add to this, you also get the advantage of a 30-day money back guarantee. Things are further improved with a 12-month free replacement warranty, which helps to protect your purchase.
- Maintenance Free - Fully Charged - Ready to Install
- Meets or Exceeds Specifications of Original Battery - 220 CCA and 12 AH. Dimensions: L = 5 5/16, W = 3 9/16, H = 6 3/8. Weight = 11 lbs.
- AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) Non Spillable Sealed Technology
- Advanced Lead Calcium Technology Offers Increased Starting Power and Resists Sulfation. New Nuts and Bolts Included.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and 12 Month Free Replacement Warranty
Here, you have a product that comes in at around half the cost of your typical ATV battery on offer from a local auto parts store. So, we’re already off on the right foot; it’s affordable. When it arrives, you don’t have to charge it at all, so it’s ready for you to use. A great feature of this particular product is that the manufacturer provides you with screws and terminal inserts to help with the installation. But, you might not even need them as you can use the ones from your old battery – which means you’ve now got a few spare parts if anything happens to the old ones!
A vital feature of the very best ATV battery is that it is made from quality materials. With this product from Shotgun, you get something that only uses the highest quality cells and components. This contributes to the battery offering exceptional power and reliability – it also means it works very well in snow, water, and other terrains. So, you’ve got yourself something that can be used in various weather conditions, meaning you don’t have to worry about corrosion or anything like that.
Like all the other ATV batteries on this list, you have AGM technology to offer low-maintenance and protection. It’s also thought that you can get up to around 3 years of good charge from this battery – with relatively regular use as well. Add a 1-year warranty to this, and you’ve got a very handy product indeed.
- 12V AGM Battery
- 12 AH Battery Capacity
- 1 Year Warranty
- Highest Quality Cells and Components
- Motorcycle, Snow Mobile , ATV and Watercraft Applications.
Choosing The Right ATV Battery
Here is a good YouTube video explaining what you need to know about buying an all terrain vehicle battery:
No matter what decision you make, you’re always going to end up with a high-quality ATV battery. This is just because all the products in these reviews are right at the top end of the spectrum. But, if you want the very best ATV battery, then you have to think about your specific requirements.
Consider the make and model of your ATV to ensure you buy a battery that actually fits. Then, think about how often you’ll use it, so you buy one that will last long with regular use. Of course, take into account the roughness of your rides as well – some batteries are more durable than others. Finally, consider how much you’re willing to pay – this can rule out some of the more premium batteries.
After thinking about all of this, you can buy the best ATV battery around and start enjoying longer rides without worrying about running out of charge!