The Top 5 ATV Helmets Reviewed
If you own an ATV, then there are some things that you absolutely must do without questioning them. One of these things is wearing a helmet. There are no arguments to be had here; you need to wear a proper helmet to help protect you in the event of an accident.
You never know when an accident can happen, but the presence of a helmet can prevent it from being fatal. So, to give your skull the protection it needs, you have to buy the best ATV helmet you can find. Admittedly, there are plenty of options out there – but some are way better than others.
Consequently, you should start your search by only dealing with the best options on the market. Below, you can see five reviews for some genuinely exceptional ATV helmets. Read through each one, take the features into account, then come to a more informed decision!
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best ATV Helmet is the O’Neal SRS Warhawk Helmet.
Best ATV Helmets
There are some main things to consider when you want to buy the best ATV helmet. Naturally, one of the critical things is the safety of your chosen helmet. With this product from O’Neal, you’re getting something that’s made out of polycarbonate/ABS. A lot of helmets are made out of either one of these, but this blend gives you the advantages of both. ABS has exceptional impact resistance while PC offers brilliant heat resistance and added impact resistance. The result is a helmet that meets the highest safety standards and will protect you if you crash.
What’s great about this ATV helmet is that it’s also designed to be comfortable. There are multiple sizing options available – from X-Small all the wall to XX-Large – so you’re bound to find one that fits your head. When you choose the right size, you’ll get a snug fit that doesn’t move around or slip off your head. Plus, it’s designed to be very breathable, meaning you won’t feel excessively sweaty when wearing it for long periods. This also helps prevent it from stinking of sweat after a few uses as well!
Along with all of this, you also get a very funky design. The graphics are unique, and it just adds to the appeal of the helmet. You can feel safe and comfortable while also wearing something that looks a lot cooler than most other helmets. It’s certainly on the pricey side of things, which may deter a few people, but you’re really getting a quality product. Think about it as an investment in your safety – can something really be ‘too expensive’ for this?!
- Polycarbonate/ABS shell Construction
- Shell weight (size large): 1380grams (50)
- Coolmax liner- ultra-plush removable/washable padded liner keeps you cool and dry by wicking away sweat
- Multiple air vents help keep you cool and dry
- Meets DOT, ECE 22-05 and AS/NZS safety standards
2. YEMA YM-915
It may not be essential, but one of the great things about this helmet is the way it looks. It’s got a very sleek design that’s all black, which almost makes it look like the sort of thing Batman would wear – if he needed to wear a helmet. Speaking of the design, it’s built to be aerodynamic, making this an excellent choice for anyone that uses their ATV for races. It’s also got a state-of-the-art ventilation system to prevent extreme sweating and make the helmet much more comfortable to wear.
On the topic of wearing this helmet, one thing that I really liked was the sizing guide provided. A lot of manufacturers almost make you guess what size suits you, but you can see a detailed guide before you buy this, which shows you exactly how to measure your head and which size will fit you. In addition to this, there’s added space for a Bluetooth headset and protective safety glasses. As such, this adds to both the practicality and safety of the product.
There’s an ABS shell here, which helps protect against severe impacts, and this is combined with multi-density EPS. This is a material that’s really good at absorbing shocks, adding further protection for the user. On the inside, you have laser cut foam that makes it very comfortable, and you can even remove it to give it a good clean. This makes it a very hygienic helmet!
- Professional Grade Motorcycle Helmet: Meets or exceeds DOT FMVSS 218 standard. Exciting fashionable design with lots of advanced features. Exactly what you need for Street Bike, Racing, Cruiser, Scooter and much more. For both men and women. •Recommend to order one size larger•
- Outstanding Materials: Aerodynamic ABS Shell, Multi-Density EPS, Reinforced Chin Strap, Quick Release Buckle
- Ventilation System: Fully adjustable intake and exhaust vents to create a constant, light flow of air helping to keep the rider cool and comfortable.
- Comfortable Liner and Pads: Fully removeable and washable liner and pads to keep helmet clean, fresh, and odor free. Extra space for Glasses and Bluetooth Speakers (Not included).
- •Recommend to order one size larger•
Next on the list is this offering from Typhoon – and there’s a lot to like. They’ve designed it with a brand new ventilation system with an interior channelling system that keeps you fresh as you’re riding around. Buy, the interior helps protect against the cold weather when you’re riding around in winter, or using an ATV snow plow, which makes it the perfect all-weather option.
The shell has been carefully designed to make it fit your head without any unwanted helmet lift. So, you get maximum comfort whenever you’re using it. Alongside this, it’s made out of lightweight ASB materials. So, it doesn’t feel overly heavy on your head, but you still get a high degree of protection from impacts. You also get a face shield to provide you with even more protection when wearing this helmet. The glass is anti-scratch and distortion free, so your line of sight will never be compromised. But, what I like most about this feature is that you can choose to remove it. If you prefer using your own goggles, then you can do so with ease.
The helmet also offers a wide angle view to see everything around you – eliminating a few common blind spots. When it comes to the visuals, there are eight different designs for you to choose from. You can have vibrant red, white/silver, matte black, glossy black, and a few more. As such, it looks as good as it feels on your head!
- Meets the DOT standard (FMVSS218); We ensure that the helmets we sell meet the DOT standard by having them tested regularly at an independent test facility
- Visor is designed to allow airflow to pass uninterrupted across the helmet to virtually eliminate helmet-lift at highway speeds.
- Should you choose to use this as a snow helmet, breath box, double pane shield and electric shield can be purchased separately
- Please measure for size. Each manufacturers sizing is different. SIZE CHART (Circumference of the largest part of your head, usually just above the eyebrows) in inches SMALL: 21½ to 22, MEDIUM: 22 to 22 ½, LARGE: 22 ½ to 23, XL: 23 to 23 ½, XXL: 23 ½ to 24. Head shapes can affect how a helmet fits. The size chart is meant to be a starting point.
- Please be aware that if you return this item for a refund your order will be refunded less the original shipping charges we incurred to ship the order to you.
If you look at the price tag of this helmet, it’s easy to assume you’re getting a sub-par product. But, it will surprise you how great this helmet is, despite costing less than most. It’s made from high-quality ASB materials to offer a lightweight feel while providing more than enough safety and protection. In fact, it meets the DOT approved safety standard, which should give you confidence that you will be adequately protected if any accidents happen.
An extra benefit of this ASB shell is that it makes the helmet so comfortable. You don’t feel like you’ve got loads of excess weight boring down on your skull, and this is complemented with a soft liner. It’s nicely padded, and the ventilation system provides a decent air flow to prevent you from feeling like you’re in a sweat box. Also, it comes with removable ear pads that you can take out and wash. So, you’re able to keep the helmet in a more hygienic condition as you use it!
It’s perfect for outdoor use and will definitely give you the protection you need if something hits your head, or your head hits something. The only slight drawback is that there are only three sizes; Medium, Large and Extra Large. You do get good measuring instructions from the manufacturer, but some people may struggle to find a size that fits them.
- DOT approved safety standard
- Ventilation system - provides sufficient air flow
- Lightweight ABS shell with breathable and comfortable liner
- Suitable for motocross, dirt bike, ATV and more
- Size: M; Fits head circumference: 22.44"-22.83" (57-58cm)
The first thing you notice about this helmet is the fantastic color. It comes in a Military Green, which looks so beautiful and adds a little bit of camouflage for anyone that might need it. But, the critical feature of this ATV helmet is that it has a very wide opening. Not only does this give you room to see around you, but it also means you can comfortably fit a pair of goggles in there too. To make things just that little bit better, you get a free pair of protective glasses with your purchase – so that’s a bonus!
For me, if you want the best ATV helmet, then it needs to fit well. This is made easier when you have a multitude of sizes, along with a detailed sizing chart. You get both of these things with the MMG ATV Helmet; there are plenty of sizes to choose from, and their size chart helps you pinpoint which one will fit you the best.
The inside of the helmet features a very comfy padded liner that helps caress your head and provide excellent cushioning. As a safety bonus, the padding also helps absorb any shocks, reducing the impact on your skull and brain. It’s well-vented too, so you get optimum airflow in the helmet. The shell itself feels very solid, and it meets the DOT safety certifications – which is the absolute minimum you should be after in a helmet.
- Motorcycle Helmet Off Road MX ATV Dirt Bike Motocross UTV - Camouflage Green
- DOT Approved (FMVSS No.218)
- Well Vented for optimum air flow
- Padded Liner, Removable and washable. Wide opening, fits goggles easily.
- FREE Goggles Included.
How To Choose An ATV Helmet
Here is a great video explaining everything you need to know about buying an all terrain vehicle helmet:
A helmet is something every ATV rider should have, just like a good set of ATV tires, a reliable ATV battery, and a good ATV winch. You’re not going to find any ATV helmets that are better than the five detailed here. This is because they all contain essential features that make them worth your while. When you’re looking to buy the best ATV helmet, you have to take the following into account:
- Materials used in the shell
- Safety rating (must be DOT certified at least)
- Available sizes/size guide
- Ventilation system
- Protective face screen (do you need one, or is there room for goggles instead?)
It’s impossible to label one product as the best ATV helmet because one might be ideal for you, but another could be perfect for someone else. It all comes down to the points mentioned above; find one that ticks all the right boxes for you. Think about your needs, ensure the product is safe, then buy the best ATV helmet you can find!