The Top 7 ATV Helmets Reviewed
If you own an ATV, then there are some things that you absolutely must do without questioning them. One of these things is wearing a helmet. There are no arguments to be had here; you need to wear a proper helmet to help protect you in the event of an accident.
You never know when an accident can happen, but the presence of a helmet can prevent it from being fatal. So, to give your skull the protection it needs, you have to buy the best ATV helmet you can find. Admittedly, there are plenty of options out there – but some are way better than others.
Consequently, you should start your search by only dealing with the best options on the market. Below, you can see five reviews for some genuinely exceptional ATV helmets. Read through each one, take the features into account, then come to a more informed decision!
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best ATV Helmet is the O’Neal SRS Warhawk Helmet.
Best ATV Helmets
There are some main things to consider when you want to buy the best ATV helmet. Naturally, one of the critical things is the safety of your chosen helmet. With this product from O’Neal, you’re getting something that’s made out of polycarbonate/ABS. A lot of helmets are made out of either one of these, but this blend gives you the advantages of both. ABS has exceptional impact resistance while PC offers brilliant heat resistance and added impact resistance. The result is a helmet that meets the highest safety standards and will protect you if you crash.
What’s great about this ATV helmet is that it’s also designed to be comfortable. There are multiple sizing options available – from X-Small all the wall to XX-Large – so you’re bound to find one that fits your head. When you choose the right size, you’ll get a snug fit that doesn’t move around or slip off your head. Plus, it’s designed to be very breathable, meaning you won’t feel excessively sweaty when wearing it for long periods. This also helps prevent it from stinking of sweat after a few uses as well!
Along with all of this, you also get a very funky design. The graphics are unique, and it just adds to the appeal of the helmet. You can feel safe and comfortable while also wearing something that looks a lot cooler than most other helmets. It’s certainly on the pricey side of things, which may deter a few people, but you’re really getting a quality product. Think about it as an investment in your safety – can something really be ‘too expensive’ for this?!
- Polycarbonate/ABS shell Construction
- Shell weight (size large): 1380grams (50)
- Coolmax liner- ultra-plush removable/washable padded liner keeps you cool and dry by wicking away sweat
- Multiple air vents help keep you cool and dry
- Meets DOT, ECE 22-05 and AS/NZS safety standards
2. YEMA YM-915
It may not be essential, but one of the great things about this helmet is the way it looks. It’s got a very sleek design that’s all black, which almost makes it look like the sort of thing Batman would wear – if he needed to wear a helmet. Speaking of the design, it’s built to be aerodynamic, making this an excellent choice for anyone that uses their ATV for races. It’s also got a state-of-the-art ventilation system to prevent extreme sweating and make the helmet much more comfortable to wear.
On the topic of wearing this helmet, one thing that I really liked was the sizing guide provided. A lot of manufacturers almost make you guess what size suits you, but you can see a detailed guide before you buy this, which shows you exactly how to measure your head and which size will fit you. In addition to this, there’s added space for a Bluetooth headset and protective safety glasses. As such, this adds to both the practicality and safety of the product.
There’s an ABS shell here, which helps protect against severe impacts, and this is combined with multi-density EPS. This is a material that’s really good at absorbing shocks, adding further protection for the user. On the inside, you have laser cut foam that makes it very comfortable, and you can even remove it to give it a good clean. This makes it a very hygienic helmet!
- Outstanding Materials: Aerodynamic ABS Shell, Multi-density EPS, Reinforced Chin Strap, Quick Release Buckle.
- Designed with Multiple Air Vents and Removable Inner Linings to Ensure Breathable and Comfortable Wearing Conditions.
- Durable Aerodynamic Helmet Suits Atv, Mtv, Dirt Bike, Motorcycle, Mountain Bike, Touring, Dual Sports and Other Outdoor Riding Activities.
- DOT Certified for Safety - Meets or Exceeds FMVSS -218 and DOT Safety Standards.
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag.
Next on the list is this offering from Typhoon – and there’s a lot to like. They’ve designed it with a brand new ventilation system with an interior channelling system that keeps you fresh as you’re riding around. Buy, the interior helps protect against the cold weather when you’re riding around in winter, or using an ATV snow plow, which makes it the perfect all-weather option.
The shell has been carefully designed to make it fit your head without any unwanted helmet lift. So, you get maximum comfort whenever you’re using it. Alongside this, it’s made out of lightweight ASB materials. So, it doesn’t feel overly heavy on your head, but you still get a high degree of protection from impacts. You also get a face shield to provide you with even more protection when wearing this helmet. The glass is anti-scratch and distortion free, so your line of sight will never be compromised. But, what I like most about this feature is that you can choose to remove it. If you prefer using your own goggles, then you can do so with ease.
The helmet also offers a wide angle view to see everything around you – eliminating a few common blind spots. When it comes to the visuals, there are eight different designs for you to choose from. You can have vibrant red, white/silver, matte black, glossy black, and a few more. As such, it looks as good as it feels on your head!
- Meets the DOT standard (FMVSS218); We ensure that the helmets we sell meet the DOT standard by having them tested regularly at an independent test facility
- Visor is designed to allow airflow to pass uninterrupted across the helmet to virtually eliminate helmet-lift at highway speeds.
- Should you choose to use this as a snow helmet, breath box, double pane shield and electric shield can be purchased separately
- Please measure for size. Each manufacturers sizing is different. SIZE CHART (Circumference of the largest part of your head, usually just above the eyebrows) in inches SMALL: 21 to 22, MEDIUM: 22 to 22 , LARGE: 22 to 23, XL: 23 to 23 , XXL: 23 to 24. Head shapes can affect how a helmet fits. The size chart is meant to be a starting point.
- Please be aware that if you return this item for a refund your order will be refunded less the original shipping charges we incurred to ship the order to you.
If you look at the price tag of this helmet, it’s easy to assume you’re getting a sub-par product. But, it will surprise you how great this helmet is, despite costing less than most. It’s made from high-quality ASB materials to offer a lightweight feel while providing more than enough safety and protection. In fact, it meets the DOT approved safety standard, which should give you confidence that you will be adequately protected if any accidents happen.
An extra benefit of this ASB shell is that it makes the helmet so comfortable. You don’t feel like you’ve got loads of excess weight boring down on your skull, and this is complemented with a soft liner. It’s nicely padded, and the ventilation system provides a decent air flow to prevent you from feeling like you’re in a sweat box. Also, it comes with removable ear pads that you can take out and wash. So, you’re able to keep the helmet in a more hygienic condition as you use it!
It’s perfect for outdoor use and will definitely give you the protection you need if something hits your head, or your head hits something. The only slight drawback is that there are only three sizes; Medium, Large and Extra Large. You do get good measuring instructions from the manufacturer, but some people may struggle to find a size that fits them.
- DOT approved safety standard
- Ventilation system - provides sufficient air flow
- Lightweight ABS shell with breathable and comfortable liner
- Suitable for motocross, dirt bike, ATV and more
- Size: M; Fits head circumference: 22.44"-22.83" (57-58cm)
The first thing you notice about this helmet is the fantastic color. It comes in a Military Green, which looks so beautiful and adds a little bit of camouflage for anyone that might need it. But, the critical feature of this ATV helmet is that it has a very wide opening. Not only does this give you room to see around you, but it also means you can comfortably fit a pair of goggles in there too. To make things just that little bit better, you get a free pair of protective glasses with your purchase – so that’s a bonus!
For me, if you want the best ATV helmet, then it needs to fit well. This is made easier when you have a multitude of sizes, along with a detailed sizing chart. You get both of these things with the MMG ATV Helmet; there are plenty of sizes to choose from, and their size chart helps you pinpoint which one will fit you the best.
The inside of the helmet features a very comfy padded liner that helps caress your head and provide excellent cushioning. As a safety bonus, the padding also helps absorb any shocks, reducing the impact on your skull and brain. It’s well-vented too, so you get optimum airflow in the helmet. The shell itself feels very solid, and it meets the DOT safety certifications – which is the absolute minimum you should be after in a helmet.
- Motorcycle Helmet Off Road MX ATV Dirt Bike Motocross UTV - Camouflage Green
- DOT Approved (FMVSS No.218)
- Well Vented for optimum air flow
- Padded Liner, Removable and washable. Wide opening, fits goggles easily.
- FREE Goggles Included.
6. 1Storm HF801
Suitable for BMX, ATV, dirt bikes and motocross, the 1Storm adult helmet offers advanced protection and a whole host of other features. As a DOT approved helmet, you can be sure that the 1Storm HF801 MX helmet offers exceptional protection when you’re on the track or off-road. The interior of the HF801 is heavily cushioned, which helps to enhance the level of protection and makes for a more comfortable riding experience. When compared to other similar models, most riders find the 1Storm HF801 to be noticeably more comfortable.
With 11 ventilation openings located around the helmet, the dual sport 1Storm HF801 is superior to many competing helmets on the market. The four back vents, two front vents, and five front vents are adjustable to give riders maximum control over exhaust and air intake.
Although you’ll want to enhance your safety on the track, you won’t want to minimize your speed unnecessarily. The aerodynamic design of the 1Storm HF801 is popular with riders because it offers fantastic safety protection without reducing form, function or speed. What’s more, the extended sun visor and easy to use visor release mechanism mean you can adapt to a changing environment in seconds.
The 1Storm HF801 is designed for adult use and is available in 6 sizes, ranging from XS-XXL. This ensures a perfect fit, increased comfort, and enhanced stability. With over 10 colors to choose from, a UV protective finish and removable liner and pads, the 1Storm HF801 is one of the most popular adult MX helmets on the market.
- DOT Approved; XXL (61-62 CM,24.0/24.4 Inch)
- Light weight durable aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy shell
- Heavily cushioned and comfortable interior
- Beautiful glossy UV protective finish
- Removable and washable padding
This multi-function dual sport helmet is popular for a wide range of activities. Giving wearers the option of using it as an off-road, full face or rally helmet, it’s perfect if you enjoy a range of high-adrenaline sports. Being able to remove the face shield ensures wearers can wear goggles with the helmet, which is a big plus for outdoor sports.
Although the ILM visor isn’t fog resistant, it can be replaced with compatible alternatives and does minimize glare from the sun. The tinted interior visor is a much-loved feature and one which undoubtedly keeps riders safer. If you’re looking for a helmet that offers enhanced visibility, however, the ILM could be just what you’re looking for. The wide-angle, HD enhanced clear lens is designed to increase peripheral vision and give riders a clearer view of what’s around them, which increases safety and stability.
The ILM ATV Dual Sports helmet is constructed from impact-resistant material and meets both DOT and FMVSS-218 standards. On the downside, it is a little heavier than some other comparable helmets. Weighing around 4.9 pounds, it can take a little while to adjust to riding with it.
Despite this, the ILM helmet is a great piece of all-round safety equipment. Available in four color options and in 5 sizes, from S-XXL, the additional padding can be removed or increased to ensure the perfect fit.
- DOT Approved - Meets or exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT safety standards.
- Dual Visors - HD enhanced wide-angle lens to increase periferal vision and improve riding safety, and the sun visor is great for protection against the sun, which can be rotated slightly to account for the direction of the sun.
- Ventilation - Aerodynamic air intake system to introduce fresh air and replace the hot air inside the helmet.
- Liners - The top liner and ear pads are detachable and washable.
- Multiple Function - It can be used as a ralley helmet, a full face helmet or a off-road helmet, ideal for dirt bike, motorcycle, mountain bike, dual sports and other outdoor riding activities.
How To Choose An ATV Helmet
Here is a great video explaining everything you need to know about buying an all terrain vehicle helmet:
A helmet is something every ATV rider should have, just like a good set of ATV tires, a reliable ATV battery, and a good ATV winch. You’re not going to find any ATV helmets that are better than the five detailed here. This is because they all contain essential features that make them worth your while. When you’re looking to buy the best ATV helmet, you have to take the following into account:
- Materials used in the shell
- Safety rating (must be DOT certified at least)
- Available sizes/size guide
- Ventilation system
- Protective face screen (do you need one, or is there room for goggles instead?)
It’s impossible to label one product as the best ATV helmet because one might be ideal for you, but another could be perfect for someone else. It all comes down to the points mentioned above; find one that ticks all the right boxes for you. Think about your needs, ensure the product is safe, then buy the best ATV helmet you can find!