The Top 5 Inflatable Paddle Boards Reviewed
Watersport enthusiasts across the country are becoming increasingly aware of the many benefits that inflatable SUPs (and inflatable kayaks) have over their traditional hardtop counterparts. They’re cheaper, take up less storage room, easier to transport, and arguably even more fun to use. So, if you’re in the market for a stand-up paddle board, there’s no question that the inflatable variant should be a prime candidate.
However, you don’t want to waste valuable time surfing the net when you could be out on the waves on your paddle board instead. We’ve completed the hard work for you by making a shortlist of the five best inflatable SUPs on the market. Wave goodbye to your hardboard and welcome in the age of the inflatable.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Inflatable SUP is the Atoll 11′ Foot Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board.
Best Inflatable Paddle Boards
The 11 foot inflatable SUP from Atoll fills you with confidence as soon as it’s delivered. Not only is it an SUP that’s manufactured by one of the biggest and best names on the market, but it is additionally packaged very well. This shows that they care about their products, and it is highlighted in every aspect of the design. This includes the choice of green and light blue color schemes, which both look great on the water.
Made from military grade PVC the 6” thick board is perfect for virtually all paddling activities. Given its lightweight, you can either put it up before heading to the water or take the pump with you and do it once you get there. Pumping to the recommended 15 psi (courtesy of the pump that’s included in the package) doesn’t take long either. If taking the product in the carry bag, there’s plenty of room for a life jacket and water shoes inside, which is a nice touch.
Maneuvering the paddle board is particularly easy while the board stays steady on the water too. You can jump up to your feet and tilt your weight without worrying about the board flipping. Meanwhile, the light spring provided by the inflatable nature makes the board particularly comfortable underfoot without being so soft that your feet sink.
A three-piece aluminum paddle is included and uses a twist lock that allows you to retract or extend the telescoping handle to the desired size for smooth and comfortable traveling through the water. While it comes with a two-year warranty, the fact that Atoll includes a repair kit for punctures enables you to hit the waters with immense confidence. Fun, safe, stable paddling awaits.
- ISUP now comes standard with 4th generation black fiberglass isup adjustable lightweight 3 piece, floating, paddle with nylon blade. Detachable extra durable removable fin compatible with all universal/ US fin boxes, NO lost screws fins, no tools needed and compatible with almost all aftermarket fins.
- Sleek new upgraded heavy-duty paddle board backpack / travel bag (large enough to fit pump, paddle, paddle board ISUP), zipper opening allows ISUP dry while being stored.. NOW INCLUDES EXTRA TOUGH 10' POLY FLEX COIL PADDLE LEASH
- 6 inches thick, 32 inches wide and 11 feet long, the perfect all around board. Tested and quality assured ISUP board, Fully wrapped with second layer of PVC material on the top and bottom: creates a stiff, rigid and sturdy board, now with 15 D-rings on the deck to tie down anything you need including kayak seats. Supported ISUP riders at 300 lbs with ease (see image) and has been water tested at 350 lbs, your perfect all around board great for touring, fishing, yoga any paddle needs you have.
- Tri fin design enables easier and more efficient tracking. 2 YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY - Atoll Board Co's inflatable boards are covered from any workmanship or material defect for a period of 2 YEARS. ATOLL BOARDS offers only the highest quality products and stand behind them 100%, become part of the fastet growing lifestyle sports in the world.
- NEW 2019 isup package comes complete with : extra tough isup travel bag, ultra-light construction, military grade PVC on this inflatable paddle board - 40% lighter than comparable models coming in at a mere 21 lbs. This technology creates an extra ridged inflatable stand up paddle board. Comes standard with: High Pressure Bravo dual action hand pump (inflates when pushing down AND pulling up, up to 15psi), front bungee tie downs. Upgraded travel and storage backpack also standard with reinforced
The inflatable SUP cruiser from iRocker is built with fun in mind, which is instantly recognized by the choice of four fresh and energetic colors (aqua, black, blue, and orange) as well as the brightly colored carry bag. However, fun appearances are far from being the only key selling points of the 2018 design, which is capable of holding a weight of up to 400lbs,
As a fun-inspired board, the iRocker is 33” wide for added stability on the water despite being just 10’6” in length. This makes it a particularly great option for beginners or someone who wants to fish with a spincast reel. The surface is comfortable under your feet too, allowing you to spend hours on the water without getting blisters or suffering from aches. The foot strap also provides great comfort.
Pumping the board to 15 psi takes around 10 minutes and is very easy to carry thanks to the grip of the board face. The use of conveniently placed D-rings makes it easy to use a kayak seat or attach other types of gear. When the kayak kits are used too, this is an inflatable SUP that’s capable of providing great fun even in windy conditions.
The paddle board comes with a lightweight fiberglass paddle, which is designed to match the color of your chosen board. While transitioning from your feet to your knees or a seated position is easy and stable, getting back onto the board following a fall into the water is easy given that the board is only 6” thick and the soft board face has a little more give than a traditional paddle board.
The SereneLife inflatable SUP has a premium feel but a budget price. A choice of four bright colors (pink, blue, aqua, and pink) provide great choice while the included carry bag and paddle are designed to match your chosen color too. Despite being built with enjoyment at the forefront of the company’s attention, there’s no doubt that this 10’5” SUP performs well too.
Thanks to its wideness, the stability is excellent even though it’s a fairly short and inflatable SUP. This makes it ideal for beginners while the use of D rings at either end allow for several options regarding the installation of kayak seats or other accessories. This offers great versatility, especially if you plan to have several people (or dogs) on the board at any given time.
However, the SereneLife paddle board is equally appealing for advanced paddlers. It can be pumped up in a matter of minutes, making it ideal for frequent usage while the top deck materials underneath your feet are soft yet firm, allowing you to enjoy hours on the water without a care in the world. If you do take on more challenging waves and fall off, getting back on the board is particularly easy too.
The included aluminum paddle helps you navigate the water with ease, complementing the three fins under the board. Everything from performance to storage (for snorkels or other gear) creates a fun and accessible experience on the water. When combined with the great balance, this truly is a great entry-level inflatable SUP – not least thanks to the exceptional value for money it offers.
- EXTRA WIDE FOR BETTER BALANCE: Measuring 10'5 feet long & 30 inches wide, balancing & stabilizing on top of our SUP board is a breeze
- SOFT, STABLE & ANTI SLIP TOP DECK: Perfect for beginners, we've upgraded this inflatable paddle board with a no slip soft top that cushions your fall when slips or accidents occur They happen to the best of us, so might as well be prepared
- BEST PADDLING MANEUVERABILITY: Outfitted with triple bottom panel fins, steering & handling the stand up inflatable paddle boards is incredibly easy Offering exceptional surf control, you'll be gliding & skimming the water like a sea creature
- PORTABLE & INFLATABLE SUP BOARD: 100 percent travel friendly, this unique SUP inflatable paddle board is preferred by those who have a knack for adventure Take it with you on surfing excursions or keep it in your car for those times you want to explore
- ALL IN 1 BLOW UP PADDLE BOARD KIT: Complete with must have paddle board accessories, our SUP paddle board will have you ready to hit the waves Includes 10' board, coiled ankle cuff safety leash, Upgraded Aluminum paddle, manual air pump & storage bag
Roc’s inflatable SUP is another incredibly well-priced offering, and is made from military grade PVC materials. This, combined with the brand name, allows you to complete those adventures without any concerns about being let down in the big moments. They are capable of providing hours of fun on the waters while the use of three fins under the board make it particularly stable and easy to maneuver, even if you’re a beginner.
At 32” wide, the 10’5” board is very stable indeed. Moreover, the top deck is particularly long, providing great comfort and a consistent feeling underfoot while there is still space for six D rings and bungee cords at the front end of the board. The leash is comfortable and prevents chafing while the deck itself is very hard wearing despite being very soft on your feet, knees, or buttocks. While the included paddle is nothing special, it works and will float if you drop it into the water.
Whether you’re a light user, a heavier person, or planning to go out on the water with your child or dog doesn’t matter. The sturdy SUP is built with longevity in mind while the fact it can be pumped up with ease even if you avoid the appeal of buying an additional electric pump prevents potential frustration. It also gives you the option to inflate the boat before you leave or once you reach the beach (or wherever you’re paddle boarding).
The Roc inflatable SUPs are available in a choice of four colors (blue, black, pink, and green). Frankly, all of the designs look great, although the paddle and bag are best suited to the black style. For adults and children alike, the lightweight and secure paddle board is a fantastic solution for those future explorations of the water.
- End Of Season Sale!! Roc Paddle Boards Premium Inflatable Paddle Board is Made Of The Highest Quality Military Grade Material. Providing The Most Durable Lightweight Board On The Market.
- Our Extra Wide Design Creates An Incredible All Around Board for All Skill Levels. Boards Can Be Used In The Ocean Or Fresh Water Lakes and Rivers. Boards Are 10'5" Long x 32" wide and 6 " thick! With a Maximum Weight Limit of 275lbs.
- Our Premium Paddle Board Package Has Everything You Need To Enjoy Your Day On The Water. Packages Come With Your-- Board, Paddle (premium alloy paddle that floats) a Leash, Pump, Waterproof Cell And Key Bag And A Premium Backpack!
- You're Going To Be So Satisfied With Our Boards That As A Thank You We Will Provide A 1 Year Warranty Absolutely Free To You. That's a $50 value free!
HydroForce’s inflatable SUP and kayak boast a simple yet practical style that’s particularly suited to newbies and infrequent users. While it can’t match the weight limitations of more expensive options, the budget-friendly solution can provide hours of fun while – at just 4” wide- it is a very lightweight product too.
The board comes with aluminium paddle that has a spare head, making it possible to switch to kayak mode in seconds. Likewise, the small boat can be inflated in around five minutes, enabling you to get out on the water in super fast times. Best of all, getting used to using the board – including transitions – is particularly easy and leaves newbies feeling like masters in no time.
In addition to the sturdy feeling, the board is very buoyant and offers a smooth performance to rival any traditional board. The top deck is firm yet comfortable regardless of whether you’re seated or standing, even when you use it for several hours at a time. The biggest challenge comes from deflating the board. Once you’ve done it once, though, you’ll find it quite easy going forward.
Despite being catered primarily to beginners, the short yet stable and maneuverable inflatable SUP is great fun for more experienced users too. While it is best to stay away from harsher waters and weather conditions, this won’t be an issue for most recreational users. For a versatile approach that gives you the options of paddle boarding or kayaking, this is the best option in this price bracket.
This paddle board is the least expensive on our list, so you can use the money you save on buying a waterproof camera to capture all of your paddle boarding adventures.
- Can be used as an SUP or kayak, Sleek, lightweight and fast
- Extremely rigid and strong - Weight limit of up to 209 lbs. on the water
- Durable 3 ply reinforced polyester mesh-core encased in two layers of laminated PVC and drop-stitch construction
- Kit Includes: Aluminum oar, travel bag, pump, gauge and kayak seat with back rest
- Dimensions: 120" x 32" x 4"
How To Stand Up Paddle Board
Here is a good YouTube video showing the basics of using an SUP: