The Top 7 Inflatable Paddle Boards Reviewed
Watersport enthusiasts across the country are becoming increasingly aware of the many benefits that inflatable SUPs (and inflatable kayaks) have over their traditional hardtop counterparts. They’re cheaper, take up less storage room, easier to transport, and arguably even more fun to use. So, if you’re in the market for a stand-up paddle board, there’s no question that the inflatable variant should be a prime candidate.
However, you don’t want to waste valuable time surfing the net when you could be out on the waves on your paddle board instead. We’ve completed the hard work for you by making a shortlist of the five best inflatable SUPs on the market. Wave goodbye to your hardboard and welcome in the age of the inflatable.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Inflatable SUP is the Atoll 11′ Foot Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board.
Best Inflatable Paddle Boards
The 11 foot inflatable SUP from Atoll fills you with confidence as soon as it’s delivered. Not only is it an SUP that’s manufactured by one of the biggest and best names on the market, but it is additionally packaged very well. This shows that they care about their products, and it is highlighted in every aspect of the design. This includes the choice of green and light blue color schemes, which both look great on the water.
Made from military grade PVC the 6” thick board is perfect for virtually all paddling activities. Given its lightweight, you can either put it up before heading to the water or take the pump with you and do it once you get there. Pumping to the recommended 15 psi (courtesy of the pump that’s included in the package) doesn’t take long either. If taking the product in the carry bag, there’s plenty of room for a life jacket and water shoes inside, which is a nice touch.
Maneuvering the paddle board is particularly easy while the board stays steady on the water too. You can jump up to your feet and tilt your weight without worrying about the board flipping. Meanwhile, the light spring provided by the inflatable nature makes the board particularly comfortable underfoot without being so soft that your feet sink.
A three-piece aluminum paddle is included and uses a twist lock that allows you to retract or extend the telescoping handle to the desired size for smooth and comfortable traveling through the water. While it comes with a two-year warranty, the fact that Atoll includes a repair kit for punctures enables you to hit the waters with immense confidence. Fun, safe, stable paddling awaits.
- NEW 2020 isup package comes complete with : extra tough isup travel bag, ultra-light construction, military grade PVC on this inflatable paddle board – 40% lighter than comparable models coming in at a mere 21 lbs. This technology creates an extra ridged inflatable stand up paddle board. Comes standard with: High Pressure Bravo dual action hand pump (inflates when pushing down AND pulling up, up to 15psi), front bungee tie downs. Upgraded travel and storage backpack also standard with reinforced
- ISUP now comes standard with 4th generation black fiberglass isup adjustable lightweight 3 piece, floating, paddle with nylon blade. Detachable extra durable removable fin compatible with all universal/ US fin boxes, NO lost screws fins, no tools needed and compatible with almost all aftermarket fins.
- Sleek new upgraded heavy-duty paddle board backpack / travel bag (large enough to fit pump, paddle, paddle board ISUP), zipper opening allows ISUP dry while being stored.. NOW INCLUDES EXTRA TOUGH 10' POLY FLEX COIL PADDLE LEASH
- 6 inches thick, 32 inches wide and 11 feet long, the perfect all around board. Tested and quality assured ISUP board, Fully wrapped with second layer of PVC material on the top and bottom: creates a stiff, rigid and sturdy board, now with 15 D-rings on the deck to tie down anything you need including kayak seats. This ISUP board is recommended for ISUP riders up to 400 lbs, and has been water tested at over 700 lbs with multiple riders.
- Tri fin design enables easier and more efficient tracking. 2 YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY - Atoll Board Co's inflatable boards are covered from any workmanship or material defect for a period of 2 YEARS. ATOLL BOARDS offers only the highest quality products and stand behind them 100%, become part of the fastet growing lifestyle sports in the world. your perfect all around board great for touring, fishing, yoga any paddle needs you have
The inflatable SUP cruiser from iRocker is built with fun in mind, which is instantly recognized by the choice of four fresh and energetic colors (aqua, black, blue, and orange) as well as the brightly colored carry bag. However, fun appearances are far from being the only key selling points of the 2018 design, which is capable of holding a weight of up to 400lbs,
As a fun-inspired board, the iRocker is 33” wide for added stability on the water despite being just 10’6” in length. This makes it a particularly great option for beginners or someone who wants to fish with a spincast reel. The surface is comfortable under your feet too, allowing you to spend hours on the water without getting blisters or suffering from aches. The foot strap also provides great comfort.
Pumping the board to 15 psi takes around 10 minutes and is very easy to carry thanks to the grip of the board face. The use of conveniently placed D-rings makes it easy to use a kayak seat or attach other types of gear. When the kayak kits are used too, this is an inflatable SUP that’s capable of providing great fun even in windy conditions.
The paddle board comes with a lightweight fiberglass paddle, which is designed to match the color of your chosen board. While transitioning from your feet to your knees or a seated position is easy and stable, getting back onto the board following a fall into the water is easy given that the board is only 6” thick and the soft board face has a little more give than a traditional paddle board.
- EXTREMELY STABLE, iROCKER CRUISER INFLATABLE PADDLE BOARD: 10’6” Long 33” Wide 6” Thick - Board Weight 25 lbs Weight Limit of up to 400 lbs. 33' Wide throughout the entire board with an extra wide tail makes for extra stability while the shape of the board still allows for a smooth tracking experience. Similar to a hard board when fully inflated to 15 PSI but only half the weight of a hard board and super durable.
- HIGH QUALITY ADJUSTABLE FIBERGLASS PADDLE: Floating fiberglass paddle, half the weight of a standard aluminum paddle designed to make you enjoy your paddle session. Edges of the blade constructed of strong, resilient, rubber material so don't worry about chipping your blade. Easily converted to a kayak paddle with a blade on each end with the purchase of an optional kayak blade, sold separately. Breaks down into 3 separate pieces in order to easily fit into your provided bag.
- THE NEW FULL THROTTLE, DUAL CHAMBER, TRIPLE ACTION HAND PUMP by iROCKER: NEW for 2019, the Full Throttle, Dual Chamber pump is 100% faster, 50% easier, and only 4lbs! This efficient 25” triple action dual chamber hand pump comes with an integrated pressure gauge and inflates your board up to 100% faster than the standard dual action hand pump.
- BACK PACK CARRY BAG by iROCKER: Most comfortable iSUP bag on the market. No need to worry about how you are going to carry your board from the car to the water to begin your SUP adventure. Your iRocker SUP and all the accessories fit into the provided back pack with ease, there's even room to spare for extra gear. Padded adjustable shoulder straps and waist support. Also equipped with inner stabilizing board strap and outer clinching straps to keep your board from shifting inside the bag.
- WHATS NEW for 2019: Updated paddle board features include a comfortable crocodile texture deck pad, front Action Mount for securing valuables, 100% faster full-throttle pump that’s 50% easier to use, heavier duty back pack, 3 removable fins to adjust to water conditions, more rear D-rings and front cargo storage. All backed by our 2 year warranty. We stand 100% behind our products so you can buy with confidence.
The SereneLife inflatable SUP has a premium feel but a budget price. A choice of four bright colors (pink, blue, aqua, and pink) provide great choice while the included carry bag and paddle are designed to match your chosen color too. Despite being built with enjoyment at the forefront of the company’s attention, there’s no doubt that this 10’5” SUP performs well too.
Thanks to its wideness, the stability is excellent even though it’s a fairly short and inflatable SUP. This makes it ideal for beginners while the use of D rings at either end allow for several options regarding the installation of kayak seats or other accessories. This offers great versatility, especially if you plan to have several people (or dogs) on the board at any given time.
However, the SereneLife paddle board is equally appealing for advanced paddlers. It can be pumped up in a matter of minutes, making it ideal for frequent usage while the top deck materials underneath your feet are soft yet firm, allowing you to enjoy hours on the water without a care in the world. If you do take on more challenging waves and fall off, getting back on the board is particularly easy too.
The included aluminum paddle helps you navigate the water with ease, complementing the three fins under the board. Everything from performance to storage (for snorkels or other gear) creates a fun and accessible experience on the water. When combined with the great balance, this truly is a great entry-level inflatable SUP – not least thanks to the exceptional value for money it offers.
- EXTRA WIDE FOR BETTER BALANCE: Measuring 10’5 feet long & 30 inches wide, balancing & stabilizing on top of our SUP board is a breeze
- SOFT, STABLE & ANTI SLIP TOP DECK: Perfect for beginners, we've upgraded this inflatable paddle board with a no slip soft top that cushions your fall when slips or accidents occur They happen to the best of us, so might as well be prepared
- BEST PADDLING MANEUVERABILITY: Outfitted with triple bottom panel fins, steering & handling the stand up inflatable paddle boards is incredibly easy Offering exceptional surf control, you'll be gliding & skimming the water like a sea creature
- PORTABLE & INFLATABLE SUP BOARD: 100 percent travel friendly, this unique SUP inflatable paddle board is preferred by those who have a knack for adventure Take it with you on surfing excursions or keep it in your car for those times you want to explore
- ALL IN 1 BLOW UP PADDLE BOARD KIT: Complete with must have paddle board accessories, our SUP paddle board will have you ready to hit the waves Includes 10' board, coiled ankle cuff safety leash, Upgraded Aluminum paddle, manual air pump & storage bag
Roc’s inflatable SUP is another incredibly well-priced offering, and is made from military grade PVC materials. This, combined with the brand name, allows you to complete those adventures without any concerns about being let down in the big moments. They are capable of providing hours of fun on the waters while the use of three fins under the board make it particularly stable and easy to maneuver, even if you’re a beginner.
At 32” wide, the 10’5” board is very stable indeed. Moreover, the top deck is particularly long, providing great comfort and a consistent feeling underfoot while there is still space for six D rings and bungee cords at the front end of the board. The leash is comfortable and prevents chafing while the deck itself is very hard wearing despite being very soft on your feet, knees, or buttocks. While the included paddle is nothing special, it works and will float if you drop it into the water.
Whether you’re a light user, a heavier person, or planning to go out on the water with your child or dog doesn’t matter. The sturdy SUP is built with longevity in mind while the fact it can be pumped up with ease even if you avoid the appeal of buying an additional electric pump prevents potential frustration. It also gives you the option to inflate the boat before you leave or once you reach the beach (or wherever you’re paddle boarding).
The Roc inflatable SUPs are available in a choice of four colors (blue, black, pink, and green). Frankly, all of the designs look great, although the paddle and bag are best suited to the black style. For adults and children alike, the lightweight and secure paddle board is a fantastic solution for those future explorations of the water.
- 🏄 Spring Time Sale!! ROC Paddle Boards premium inflatable paddle board is made of the highest quality military grade material. We provide the most durable lightweight board on the market, using the same materials as boards costing $699.
- 🏄Our extra wide design creates an incredible all-around board for people of all skill level. These kits can be used in the ocean, fresh water lakes, and rivers. Our boards are an industry-leading weight of only 17.5 pounds—that’s 20% lighter than competitors’. Board dimensions are 10’ long by 32” wide and 6” thick with a weight limit of 300 pounds.
- 🏄Our premium paddle board package has everything you need to enjoy your day on the water including: your board, collapsible aluminum paddle, safety leash, hand pump, waterproof bag for essentials such as cell phone and keys, and an upgraded backpack to hold everything. Comfortable and convenient, this complete elite package will get you anywhere you want to paddle.
- 🏄 USA family owned company!! We stand by the quality of our boards and are glad to provide a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty at no additional cost. With tens of thousands of boards sold across the world, you can trust ROC as the leader in quality and fun!
HydroForce’s inflatable SUP and kayak boast a simple yet practical style that’s particularly suited to newbies and infrequent users. While it can’t match the weight limitations of more expensive options, the budget-friendly solution can provide hours of fun while – at just 4” wide- it is a very lightweight product too.
The board comes with aluminium paddle that has a spare head, making it possible to switch to kayak mode in seconds. Likewise, the small boat can be inflated in around five minutes, enabling you to get out on the water in super fast times. Best of all, getting used to using the board – including transitions – is particularly easy and leaves newbies feeling like masters in no time.
In addition to the sturdy feeling, the board is very buoyant and offers a smooth performance to rival any traditional board. The top deck is firm yet comfortable regardless of whether you’re seated or standing, even when you use it for several hours at a time. The biggest challenge comes from deflating the board. Once you’ve done it once, though, you’ll find it quite easy going forward.
Despite being catered primarily to beginners, the short yet stable and maneuverable inflatable SUP is great fun for more experienced users too. While it is best to stay away from harsher waters and weather conditions, this won’t be an issue for most recreational users. For a versatile approach that gives you the options of paddle boarding or kayaking, this is the best option in this price bracket.
This paddle board is the least expensive on our list, so you can use the money you save on buying a waterproof camera to capture all of your paddle boarding adventures.
- Can be used as an SUP or kayak, Sleek, lightweight and fast
- Extremely rigid and strong - Weight limit of up to 209 lbs. on the water
- Durable 3 ply reinforced polyester mesh-core encased in two layers of laminated PVC and drop-stitch construction
- Kit Includes: Aluminum oar, travel bag, pump, gauge and kayak seat with back rest
- Dimensions: 120" x 32" x 4"
We have certainly been impressed with this inflatable paddle board from Peak Expedition. Not only does it perform well, but it is affordable too and has a great design. Whether riding with friends or going on a solo venture, this paddle board won’t let you down.
What we like about this paddle board is just how versatile it is. It has the ability to accommodate a variation of conditions and a wide range of skill levels as well. At 32 inches wide, it is adaptable and stable.
Plus, you can easily bring along a friend, a pet, or your favorite beverages and snacks in a cooler because of the impressive carrying capacity of this board.
In terms of the main features of this board, you will notice the EVA foam traction pad as soon as you pick up the board, as it covers the top deck. The board also as an integrated six-point bungee system at the nose, which means that your gear is always going to be secure. There is also another helpful grab handle at the tail, which has a Halkey Roberts air valve and a stainless D-ring.
We found that it took us about five to ten minutes to inflate the board. Plus, as it is designed with a conventional inflation valve, it is going to be compatible with the vast majority of electric SUP pumps that are available to purchase at the moment.
You will also find that there is a full range of accessories that have been created by Peak Expedition, should you want to purchase all of your gear from one place. This includes a travel backpack that has been designed for use with the board.
- BUILT FOR EXPLORATION: Designed for the paddle board warrior, the inflatable SUP board features a hybrid nose for fishing, touring, snorkeling, spear fishing, or recreational paddling in all weather conditions
- 35% LIGHTER CONSTRUCTION: The 10'6" Weighs only 18 lbs & the 11' Weighs only 19.5 lbs when inflated and the extra wide stance ensures a stable and sturdy stand up paddleboard; soft EVA deck pad adds comfort for additional rider or dog, plus room for equipment; Up to 275 lb. weight capacity. Variety of color choices.
- READY TO SURF iSUP ACCESSORY BUNDLE: Ideal for all skill levels and water conditions, the set includes a PEAK inflatable paddle board, paddle, coil leash, high pressure pump, fin, and waterproof phone case; all fits in the included carry backpack. Quick to inflate and store.
- TOUGH 6” MILITARY GRADE PVC CONSTRUCTION: Puncture-resistant tough outer shell means no worrying about dings or damage; lightweight design with nose and tail carry handle for easy transport; front and rear bungee cord secures water bottle and gear.
- USA-DESIGNED AND RISK FREE RETURN: 30 day guarantee and 1 year warranty on materials. USA-based company with USA customer service. Affordable, authentic, and built for convenience.
This is a ten-foot inflatable paddle board, which promises to make your paddle boarding experience one that you will never forget – for all of the right reasons, of course!
This board is suitable for all members of the family, no matter your skill level or your age. It is an all-around iSUP, which means you can use it in any different variation of SUP and in virtually any sort of condition as well.
The board is around six inches in thickness, making it more stable and rigid in comparison to the four-inch iSUPs. There is also plenty of space for moving around on the deck, as it is 33 inches wide. A non-slip traction pad covers the deck in order to stop slippages from occurring. You will also be more than comfortable on this board, as the pad is soft, offering a much better experience when compared with conventional fibreglass boards.
There is a carry handle that is conveniently attached to the board, in the middle of it, so you can carry your board across the beach with ease. We also really liked the fact that there is an elastic bungee cord on the deck, so you can tie your stuff securely.
When you purchase this paddle board, not only will you get the board, but you’re also going to receive a surf leash, repair kit, and a deluxe backpack. We particularly liked the backpack! Oh, and you can choose from two colors as well with this paddle board; blue or yellow!
- ENJOY AN EASY & ECONOMIC WATER SPORT: This up-and-coming outdoor activity is loved by first-time participants, athletes, and more because of its versatility for physical activity and lesiure.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS: Measuring in at 9' X 30" X 6, " the wide base provides stability and balance for all kids, adults, beginners, and experts under 220lbs. An inflatable SUP is more stable, portable, and affordable compared to a hard board.
- SMOOTH, STABLE RIDE: High maneuverability and lightness make this ISUP ideal for adventures in the ocean, lake, or rivers with flat water and small wave conditions. The rider can even kneel on the board for added comfort & stability.
- A STEP ABOVE TRADITIONAL SUPS: Our Hydro-Force paddle boards are made with extremely resistant TriTech and Drop Stitch materials. Thicker and more stable than traditional boards, they are also more convenient due to quick inflation and deflation.
- BE A CONFIDENT RIDER: The top deck is a soft, cushioned non-slip traction pad to boost the rider's balance and grip. This is a safety feature to decrease the amount of falls the user experiences.
How To Stand Up Paddle Board
Here is a good YouTube video showing the basics of using an SUP: