The Top 6 Fat Tire Electric Bikes of 2020 Reviewed
Electric bikes increase in popularity every year, and are a great eco-friendly commute option for anyone looking to reduce their environmental impact. On top of this, electric bikes have become more versatile, allowing you to use them for mountain biking, cycling, and more. But once the weather turns colder, or you find yourself on dirt roads, you want to be sure to invest in a fat tire electric bike.
Fat tire electric bikes have larger tires than your average bike, which gives them increased traction on slick and rough surfaces. This not only allows you to travel further over rough terrain without exerting as much energy (or battery power), it can help prevent the slipping and sliding that happens when biking in light snow or other wet conditions.
In order to help you choose the right fat tire electric bike for your needs, we’ve pulled together a list of the top 6 fat tire electric bikes, so you can rest easy knowing your choosing the right electric bikes for your daily needs. In a hurry? Check out the table below to find our top picks.
The Best Fat Tire Electric Bikes
Looking for the best fat tire electric bikes on the market? Look no further! We’ve reviewed the top 6 flat tire electric bikes on the market, so you can make the right choice for you.
A budget-friendly ebike that is really good on any terrain, the Ecotric FAT26s900 electric bike is a sturdy and robust machine, with fat tires that provide premium traction, even on snow and sand! This pedal-assist throttle hybrid ebike, features an aerodynamic design and premium shock absorption capability. Still, at 55lbs, this motorized bicycle is considered heavy so is not well suited to being carried for any distance.
With anti-slip tires offering premium grip, the e-bike has excellent traction, and it is an ideal choice for anyone who prefers to cycle on a variety of terrains. With 500 watts, it’s both quiet and powerful and can reach up to 20 mph, which means that you will always have enough power to push through that extra mile. The Ecotric has a battery which you can easily remove so you can take a spare with you, but it does take around 5 to 8 hours to charge, but it can be charged either on or off the ebike.
The Ecotric fat tire electric bike doesn’t quite reach the top speeds or have the range of some of its competitors, but it is budget-friendly and is a great choice and excellent value for money as it has the performance levels of a much more expensive e-bike.
- Here is a powerful and cost-effective mountain e-bike with 1000W rear motor and 48V/13AH lithium battery. Its shock absorption equipment and mountain tires allow your unimpeded ride on rough roads. Full charge ride endurance: over 25 miles , the range depends on whether you use pedal assist power more or throttle power more.
- Brushless gear rear 1000W Motor provide strong power. Maximum vehicle speed: 25(Rider weight
- 26 X 4.0 Fat Tire in All Road Fat Tire-Durable All Condition Road--More than Safe,Blance,Fast and Stable for Your Cycling. Max Loading:260 LB.
- LCD Display Panel ,36V power display , 6KM cruise at constant speed, Five-gear cycle display, Speed limit can be set, One key repair function, Line length: 1500. 48V/22A brushless controller. Updated: There is a USB port under the meter, allows you to charge your phone while traveling. (The holder to install the phone need be purchased by yourself)
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: 90% Pre-assembled. we pay great attention to every detail of each component, ergonomic handlebar, adjustable seat and anti-slip wear resistant tire.
The DJ Fat Bike 750W features a durable aluminium frame and with its 4” tires can tackle mud, snow, and pavement. The 750w motor with power up to 1000w is pretty impressive, and the Shimano 7 gears are great for riding on and off-road. The DJ Fat Bike has passed all its UL tests in safety and quality; it has Tektro brakes for effective stopping power and an easy-to-read LCD meter.
- CERTIFICATION: DJ Bikes proudly being the bike shop passing the highest safety and quality standard recognized by industries and consumers in both the US and Canada. The bike frame, motor, battery pack, and charger all meet respective standards.
- STRONG POWER: 750W extending to 1000W peak power motor and battery empowers you getting any up long, steep hills.
- EXCELLENT PRICE: Direct to customers. All parts and accessories are included in the offer. Save gas and parking for a quick payback.
- HIGH QUALITY & WARRANTY: Stainless sporty aluminum frame, Bafang motor, Mozo suspension fork, Shimano gear and Tektro brakes as mainstream components. Manufacturer warranty applied.
- CANADIAN BRAND: DJ Bikes is a proud and warm Canadian brand. You will get excellent service and support that you need.
An extremely powerful with a 1000w motor which you can feel as soon as you start to ride it. You can easily travel over sand, mud, and gravel bike trails with this bike as it has strong and sturdy tires which are four-inch fat tires which are also very suitable for use on off-road surfaces as well as busy streets, plus, you can easily climb hills with them.
It also has an LCD screen so you can see how much battery you have left and other various things like your speed.
- FAT TIRE ELECTRIC BIKE 1000W 17AH BICYCLE
The W Wallke folding electric bike has an all-black, stylish design and its linear frame is pure 6061 aluminium alloy, which is more durable than the ordinary frame. You can fold it in half, so it’s easier for you to store in any small space, but it is too heavy to carry. It has a removable Samsung lithium battery which usually takes 4 to 5 hours to charge and then means you can cruise 25 to 35 miles on pure electric mode. It also automatically charges whenever you’re riding downhill.
As well as the pure electric mode, there’s also the pedal-assist mode and then traditional bicycle mode when the power is turned off. The bike does look a lot cooler in person than it does on a picture and looks more expensive but is ultimately a fun, and powerful electric bike. It’s incredibly fast on motor-only mode, and powerful, especially on a flat terrain so that it could be too fast and strong for some people. It’s an excellent choice for people who commute daily to work or school because of its long-lasting battery.
Aside from these good points, it comes with no assembly instructions so you will have to rely on your mechanical skills and videos online to assemble this. It is also a really heavy bike, but it is suitable for people who expect to travel a lot on soft, unstable grounds.
- Configuration: Samsung lithium battery 48V10.4ah charging time is generally 5 to 7 hours, cruising range is 25 to 35 mile
- Configuration: 48V aluminum alloy wheel 750W brushless motor [three riding modes] first: pure electric, second: PAS, third: turn off the power ride, electric top speed 24.8MPH
- Configuration: 6061 all-aluminum frame, light frame, frame hardness is much better than ordinary frame, frame can be folded, configuration: 4.0 fat tire, there is a mobile phone holder on the handlebar with USB socket
- Configuration: Double-disc hydraulic brakes are much better than the mechanical brakes on the market. When you are driving on rainy or muddy roads, you know the importance of hydraulic brakes and are more secure for your riding safety.
- Configuration: LCD meter display, showing driving time and mileage and remaining power, so that you can clearly grasp the vehicle information during driving. The dashboard has three buttons. The first button is the electric gear switch. The second button checks the mileage and time, and the third button is the LCD backlit display, while long pressing the first button and the third button switches between kilometers and miles.
The Ecotric 20-Inch Fat Tire Folding Electric Bike is a commuting electric bike with a powerful motor. Not only does it have style, but it is a heavy-duty electric mountain bike and has a rear hub motor with 500W of power. The fat tires are designed to tackle off-road terrain, and while it isn’t the fastest ebike you can buy, this bike is all about exploring the rough paths away from the road.
As well as this, it is a convenient folding electric bicycle with top-notch build quality which takes 6-8 hours to charge. However, the electric bike is well worth the charging time. If you enjoy riding off the beaten path, then this portable folding e-bike is the one for you. There is no rear light for safety at night, though, and this model is also expensive, but it is worth it. The Ecotric 20″ is a mountain bike that will last a long time, and the ride is really amazing.
- Strong driving force 500W Motor Battery: 36V 12ah Lithium Cell.Charging time: 6-8 hours. If you need a folding bike with a higher configuration and LCD display, you can search for the ASIN B07R24GKSP on Amazon.
- 20'' X 4.0'' Fat Tire For All Terrain.Front and Rear Disc Brakes Aluminum Frame.
- SIZE [Total length: 1768mm; The height of the bicycle's handle bar to the ground: 1150mm; The height of the saddle to ground (lowest/highest):840-990mm; Center distance of two wheels: 1185mm]. Small deviations may exist, but they will be within the margin of error.
- Max Speed20 Mph ( Shimano External 7 Speed Gear)
- Throttle Type : Variable Speed Control - 1/2 Twist Throttle
A 350-watt high-torque motor powers this off-road electric bicycle and you can choose between three driving modes: accelerator only assisted pedal or pedal only. In acceleration mode, the Swagtron EB-8 Outlaw can reach maximum speeds of 18.6 mph, conquer 25 ° slopes and travel up to 21. 4 miles on a single charge. The EB-8 motorcycle is quiet, doesn’t generate odours and is perfect for adventures and nature and outdoor enthusiasts looking for the best hybrid bike.
- Folding Bike The single-fold design of EB-8 off-road electric bicycle makes it easily portable, able to fit in compact spaces.
- Pedelec Hybrid Bike Ride with as much or as little effort as you want. Choose between 3 riding modes: full throttle, pedal assist, or pedal only.
- Built-In Battery Lock The built-in lock at the center of the motorized bicycle frame locks the e bike battery in place when the bike is folded. Locking the battery activates the EB-8's electrical functions that lets the bike power on or off.
- Off-Road Ready Fat Tires This mountain e bike features 4-inch air-filled tires mounted on 20-inch wheels. And the EB-8 power bikes full front and rear suspensions lets you ride smoothly over rough, uneven terrain with maximum traction.
- Zero-Noise, Zero-Odor, Zero-Emission Unlike a moped, the EB-8 motor bike generates no noise or odors for adventures from start to finish. Perfect for outdoor and nature enthusiasts looking for the best hybrid bikes.
Fat Tire Electric Bike Purchasing Guide
If you feel overwhelmed by the amount of options for fat tire electric bikes, no need to worry! We’ve rounded up the key features to keep in mind while bike shopping.
Tire Size and Tread
While it goes without saying that fat tire electric bikes will have larger tires than your average cycle, you want to consider the size of the tires and tread type before making your investment. The wider the tires, the more stability, but also the slower the speed. And while increased tread can make traveling over rough terrain that much easier, it can slow you down on paved roads, and eat into your battery life.
The real trick is to choose a set of tires that are wide enough to provide support, and with enough tread for your needs, without becoming unwieldy. It can help to do some research on the best tire types for your activity of choice, and to scout out your daily commute or favorite trails to see what your new bike will have to contend with.
Motor and Battery
As with any electric bike, the stronger the motor, the heavier it becomes. Fat tires can contribute to the overall weight of your bike, meaning you’ll need a stronger motor to go as fast as the average electric bike. This means that you may end up needing a larger battery to run your motors, which can contribute to the overall weight of the bike again. These all play off of each other to impact battery life and overall speed, not to mention the bulk of your new bike. And while you may not be entirely concerned about the weight of your bike now, you might rethink that stance once you have to carry it with you on a commute.
Another thing to keep in mind is the kind of motor your fat tire electric bike has. Power-assist and full-power motors can add or detract to your bike depending on its intended use, so it’s best to consider if you want a bike that does all the work for you (full-power) or a motor that can kick in when the going gets tough (power-assist).
Fat Tire Electric Bike Frequently Asked Questions
Are Fat Tire Electric Bikes Harder to Ride?
This is a bit of a complex question. Fat tire bikes make riding over tough terrain a breeze compared to bikes with smaller tires, and can make that stretch of gravel you dread a bike in the park. But fat tire bikes are heavier than their counterparts, and are much heavier to peddle on flat surfaces like pavement. In short, the difficulty comes more from the terrain than it does from the bike, so be prepared to spend a little extra power (either motor or pedal) when working with a fat tire electric bike.
Are Fat Tire Electric Bikes Slower?
Again, this question is a bit relative to the terrain. If you tried to take your normal bike over bumpy surfaces and off road, it would probably perform much slower than on pavement or flat ground. But overall, yes, fat tire bikes tend to be slower than bikes with thin tires, especially on pavement. This applies to fat tire electric bikes as well, but they are still much faster than walking, and when you factor in the delays caused by uneven ground or frustrating terrain, it all tends to even out.
Are Fat Bikes Cool?
We’ve gone over the technical questions associated with fat tire electric bikes, but there is one question that we still need to answer: are fat bikes cool? We say yes, but check out this video to find out why they’re so cool.