The Top 5 Car Emergency Kits Reviewed
There are certain things you just need to have in your car whenever you go for a drive. A car emergency kit is one of those things, yet some people don’t even have one! With a car emergency kit, you’ve got a host of tools that can help you in tricky situations. Whether you’ve broken down on the side of the road or been in a minor car accident; you need one of these kits to assist you.
You will find plenty on the market – complete with different tools and features. So, how do you choose the right one for you? There’s no need to spend hours researching, all of that has been taken care of for you! Check out these reviews for the top five car emergency kits money can buy.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Car Emergency Kit is the Kolo Sports Premium Auto Emergency Kit.
Best Car Emergency Kits
This car emergency kit is great when you need roadside assistance in any situation. There’s a grand total of 158 emergency items all packed into this neatly compact kit. You’ve got all the essentials to deal with issues such as battery booster cables for a broken down car, warning triangles to stay safe when you’ve pulled over, and a tire repair tool for punctures. Of course, you get a full first aid kit in there too, just in case you pick up any bumps and bruises.
What’s makes this one of the best car emergency kits is that it only contains things you actually need. Not only that, but they’re very easy to use, so you feel confident if the worse happens and you need to pull it out. Aside from the typical tools you expect in one of these kits, one excellent feature is the inclusion of a lot of safety items too. We’re talking a neon safety vest, reflectors, an emergency blanket, and gloves. These all help if you ever breakdown in the dead of night with no lights on the roadside.
All in all, it’s an excellent kit for a very affordable price as well. It can fit comfortably in your trunk or on the floor behind one of the front seats, so it doesn’t take up a lot of room. If there’s one criticism, it’s that the tools aren’t of the highest possible standard, but they’re still excellent value for money. Still, if you have an accident while driving and need to get back on the road quickly or keep yourself safe while the emergency services arrive, then you can feel confident that this kit has everything you need.
- BE SMART, BE PREPARED: It's a fact - it never hurts to be prepared for the worst, and there's no faster, easier, and more practical way to do so than with an emergency kit. So be smart; get this Kolo sport 156-In-1 multipurpose emergency pack and save yourself the time, trouble and money of putting together one from scratch!
- COMPLETE EMERGENCY KIT: Whatever the nature of your emergency may be - from bee stings to car crashes to hurricanes - this emergency kit probably has what you need to make your situation easier - or at least more manageable. We even added a sweet 25 pcs. multipurpose tool-kit & a tire repair kit as a BONUS!
- ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TOOLS: Among the standard emergency supplies this kit contains , you will also find a multitude of roadside assistance tools. Ranging from warning triangles and battery booster cables to window breakers and seatbelt cutters, there's nothing a driver may need that you won't find in this kit!
- FIRST AID ESSENTIALS: Besides the rest of the emergency supplies, of course, the multipurpose emergency pack contains everything a well-stocked first aid kit does. Adhesive bandages, antiseptic towelettes, first-aid tape, gauze pads, and more!
- GREAT FOR NEW CAR OWNERS: This emergency kit is invaluable for new car owners and inexperienced drivers, who would otherwise not know what to prepare for. And even if you are neither of those, you could always get an emergency kit as a thoughtful present for one of your friends who is!
Compared to the other kits on my list, this definitely comes in at the premium end of the spectrum. It’s almost double the price of some other offerings, but you do get a lot for your money. There are 76 items in this kit, including a car air compressor, jumper cables and a whole host of safety accessories – including a utility knife!
But, the clear standout feature of this car emergency kit is the quality of everything inside. It’s a premium AAA branded kit, which means you know you’re getting something that’s built to last. This has clearly been designed to help you in an emergency, which means all the tools are very sturdy and feel like they won’t break when you need them the most. Even the bag it comes it is very durable and feels like it’s well-made. It’s got a very firm handle, so there’s never any fear of it ripping off and sending the contents crashing onto the highway. Plus, it’s split into two sections; one for first aid items and another for emergency car tools, which makes things easy to find. While it certainly has all the key items you need for roadside assistance, one of the best ones is the jumper cable set. They’re thick and well-made, with lots of length to them as well. So, you have no trouble connecting them between cars and jumpstarting a vehicle.
When looking at the size, it’s very convenient as it sits nicely in your trunk with plenty of room for your shopping and other personal items. Plus, it’s not difficult to pick up and carry, and I like how organized it is inside too. The only thing that might concern you is the hefty price tag but think about it as an investment in your safety. If you want quality, you have to pay for it!
- ROAD ASSISTANCE: Be prepared for the unforeseeable with this AAA branded Roadside Emergency Kit, the ideal accessory for every driver on the road - from your seasoned driver to your new driver, this top of the line kit is the ideal choice to keep you ready!
- AAA QUALITY: With the backing of the most trusted name in the automotive industry, AAA, you know when you accessorize your vehicle with a AAA all in one auto kit that includes first aid components, as well as jumper cables and other road safety essentials, that you are receiving only the finest components.
- 76 ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS: This is top of the line road kit, and makes the perfect gift for your loved ones to keep them prepared. Contains essential auto toolkit items such as a screwdriver, duct tape, zip ties, and a shop cloth as well as heavy duty jumper cables, and a high quality aluminum flashlight, 250psi tire inflator /air compressor, safety triangle as well as essential first aid items like bandages.
- MULTI PURPOSE: Car kits are the essential accessory for a truck or car alike, and are especially important during the summer driving months during road trips, as well as winter driving when a car's batteries are most often to lose their charge.
- ORGANIZATION: Each road kit is packaged in a high quality bag to keep your emergency supplies organized during travel in your automobile. Unlike many of the cheap alternatives on the market, we take pride in constructing our bags from only the highest quality materials.
As you can tell by the name, this kit contains a whopping 250 pieces. What makes this unique is that it’s actually formulated by the military. It’s a survival kit that’s been tested by ex-army members and contains everything you need to survive in the worst scenarios. As a result, the quality is right up there with the best around. Something I really enjoyed was the bag the kit is backed into. It’s a compact military-grade bag, so it feels very durable and can easily be kept on your back seat – or even under the driver’s seat.
When you take a look inside, you will be faced with an FDA approved First Aid kit. There’s everything from alcohol prep pads to burn dressings, and even a CPR mask as well. This is the type of kit you keep in your car to give you peace of mind if something happens and anyone gets hurt. It won’t just help you, but it can help you help others if you witness an accident.
The only thing I’d be slightly concerned about is the lack of any car-specific items. You do get glow sticks to attract attention if you breakdown, and there is a flashlight as well. But, you don’t get battery cables, a puncture repair kit, or anything like that. So, bear that in mind before you buy. If you want a car emergency kit that’s purely for first aid purposes, then this should definitely be on your radar.
- 【Exclusive 250 PCS First Aid Survival Kit Contained a Military Molle EMT Pouch】Uniquely customized by U.S military veterans, field tested by EX- Army Sergent, designed to get you well-prepared in an emergency situation. The kit combines 241 PCS First Aid Supply with 9 powerful Survival Gear into a Must-Have EDC emergency kit
- 【FDA Approved Comprehensive First Aid Treatment Exceeds OSHA Guidelines For Single Family】The kit contains more than enough supply to treat a single family or a group of friends under emergency circumstances. Perfect for taking care of any medical or emergency needs during outdoor wilderness adventures such as camping, boy scouts, hiking, hunting and mountain biking, etc.
- 【Molle Compatible, Durable, Portable, and Water-Resistant】The military grade EMT bag was made from 600D water-resistant nylon, it offers three large compartments and plenty of rooms to add your own gear. The overall dimension of the kit is 8'' x 6.5'' x 5'' and weight only 1.9 lbs. The molle compatible straps on the back allow the user to attach it to other bags or your belt, which made it a perfect companion for any outdoor activities.
- 【Top Quality Survival Gears Designed to Last】Includes the most popular survival necessities: 3-mode tactical flashlight, multi-function paracord bracelet (compass, whistle), flint stone, knife, saber card, two glow sticks and rain poncho
- 【Veteran Owned Company 5 - Star Customer Support】: Everlit is committed to providing the most comprehensive customer service. We proudly offer the exclusive 60-days hassle-free return over all products. We stand behind the quality of our inventory, all original Everlit products are covered under 1-year satisfaction warranty.
This is another impressive item that combines a first aid kit with some roadside assistance tools. Actually, that doesn’t really do this car emergency kit the justice it deserves. There are so many things crammed into an easy-to-carry bag, and they’re all of exceptionally high quality. The bag itself is different from many others as it’s made from sturdy 600D nylon canvas. As a result, it won’t get crushed in your trunk, and it will stand the test of time.
It’s the roadside accessories that really impress here. You have standard jumper cables, screwdrivers, reflective vests, and a tire pressure gauge. But, the manufacturers have clearly made an effort to cover all bases with neat little additions like a large ‘Help’ sign, an ice scraper, and even an accident form that you can fill in as soon as you break down! Add to this an extensive first aid kit with all the things you need to tend to minor injuries, and you get a lot for your money.
Speaking of which, it’s very reasonably priced, so you don’t have to blow your budget on this one. There’s only really one complaint that a few people have, and it’s that the bag itself doesn’t have any compartments to organize things. But, this is a minor issue as you could probably get a bag organizer to contend with this. When you consider the price, the quality of all the items, and the variety you’re provided with, it’s an excellent choice.
- CONTENTS - Packed with 42 auto emergency supplies + a 62 piece First Aid Kit = 104 Pieces! See the product images and the product description below for a full list of contents. We are confident that you will find that there are more and higher quality contents in our kits than any other on the market!
- DESIGN - The case is crafted from sturdy 600D nylon canvas. This rugged tool bag won't get crushed in your trunk, backseat, spare tire compartment or truck bed like most kits on the market. Lightweight, compact and yet still holds everything you need for life's unexpected events. The outside features a reflective emergency warning safety triangle. This case is 12 inches long X 8.5 inches wide X 7 inches thick. It weighs approximately 3.1 lbs.
- VERSATILE - Great kit for most auto emergencies, including: winter weather, road trips, dead battery, minor breakdown or finder binder. Perfect for first-time car owners, and seasoned automotive enthusiasts. Great gift for: Father, Mother, Husband, Wife, Fiancé, Daughters, Sons, Nieces, Nephews, Granddaughters and Grandsons. Everyone should have one of these in each of their vehicles. Stash this kit in your vehicle and be ready for most unexpected auto emergencies.
- QUALITY - Packed with top quality competent. The booster jumper cables are 8 feet long and made of a substantial 8 gauge wire. Don't be fooled by kits containing thinner 10 or 12 gauge cables, our 8 gauge cable are ticker and will be dependable when you need them most. All of the competent and tools were handpicked to ensure quality and that you will be prepared in most crisis situations.
- TRUSTED - Manufactured in a modern sterile FDA registered facility and sold by FDA registered company that has been doing business for 40 years. Purchasing a Thrive Auto Emergency Kit ensures a safe, quality, and regulated product. Covered by our unlimited, easy-to-claim "Thrive" Guarantee: If you're not happy for whatever reason just request a refund or contact us to for a quick resolution
This is the least expensive of all five items by just a few dollars, but it still manages to compete with the rest. Here, it’s clear you’re not getting something that has hundreds of different items for you to sort through. But, this actually works to its advantage. When using this, you realize that it’s ideal for new drivers or people with very little space in their vehicle. It only contains essential things that can help you get out of tricky situations. You’ve got a tire pressure gauge, you’ve got a set of jumper cables, and you have a fully-equipped first aid kit as well.
This can be considered a contender for the best car emergency kit because it doesn’t overcomplicate things. It’s aimed at novices that aren’t looking to try and fix their broken down car. It’s the type of thing you can store in your glove compartment – yes this is possible, it’s that small – and use to stay safe while you wait for roadside assistance.
Do you get as many items as you do in the others? No, but you pay less for this kit as well. So, if you want something to suit a budget and give to your child when they get their first car, then this could be it.
- MUST-HAVE CAR ACCESSORY: This emergency car kit will prove invaluable should you ever get stranded or if your car, SUV or truck unexpectedly breaks down in the middle of the road. Above all, it's a matter of staying safe and always being prepared wherever you are.
- EVERYTHING YOU MIGHT POSSIBLY NEED: This roadside assistance car kit includes a reflective warning triangle and safety vest, a strong tow rope, 2 gloves with gripping palms, a safety hammer and seat belt cutter, a LED flash light, adhesive tape, a rain coat, a tire pressure gauge, a screwdriver, jumper cables and an emergency blanket. Plus, you will get a fully equipped first aid kit.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT EMERGENCY KIT: This car emergency kit comes in a small bag that can fit anywhere in your backseat, trunk or even in your spare tire compartment. It's lightweight, compact and yet still holds everything you need for life's unexpected events.
- USEFUL & THOUGHTFUL GIFT: Amazing gift for first-time car owners or anyone who owns a car, truck or RV and are not fully prepared for their road trips or daily commutes. Imagine how much they will appreciate you if you get them something that truly comes in handy in an emergency situation.
- 100% GUARANTEED SATISFACTION: Every single tool and accessory in this emergency kit is a safe, premium quality, regulated product and the entire auto package is covered by our unlimited satisfaction guarantee. Not entirely pleased with your purchase? Let us know and we will make it right.
There are five options here that all have their strengths and weaknesses. To choose which one is right for you, think about a few things. Firstly, what are you going to use the kit for? Is it purely for first aid, or do you want to be able to carry out running repairs on your vehicle? Secondly, think about your own experience; what tools do you actually know how to use? Then, think about the size of the product and your budget. Consider all of this, and you’ll soon find a car emergency kit with all the tools you need, at a price that pleases you.
Recommended Car Emergency Kit Accessories
- 26 inches long for ample reach and compact storage
- Features four rows of sturdy plush bristles for removal of heavy snow
- 4" wide scraper blade with tough ice chippers to break through and clear thick ice
- Contoured soft foam grip provides comfort and control
- Colors may vary
- FOUR MYLAR EMERGENCY BLANKETS (Orange) - Advanced dual-sided aluminized mylar blankets.
- BONUS GOLD SPACE BLANKET - Each package includes ONE EXTRA GOLD colored space blanket.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE - Military-grade 12-micron aluminized polyethylene mylar, 52"x82" & 2 oz.
- EMERGENCY USE - Designed to retain up 90% of your body heat, completely block rain, snow, moisture.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Swiss Safe Guarantees customer satisfaction or receive a 100% refund.
While the items listed above are all things that everyone needs to have in their car, we believe there are a few luxury that everyone would want to have in their car to make their ride more comfortable. To see good recommendations for these items check out our reviews of the best travel mugs, best lumbar support cushions, best car essential oil diffusers, and best car vacuums for pet hair.
Must Have Items In Your Car Emergency Kit
Here is a YouTube video showing 25 things that you should have in your road side emergency kit: