The Top 5 Beach Chairs With Canopies
Summer is coming, and we can all soon enjoy the sunshine, wherever you prefer to soak up some rays. Spending time on the beach is obviously a top choice for many, and if you’re going to the beach, you need something to sit on. While you could just sit directly on the sand, it’s often too hot, and you want to limit all of the places that sand can get into. A good beach chair gives you a comfortable place to sit, and a way to stake your claim on the perfect beach spot.
Even better than a standard beach chair is one that comes with a canopy attached. Not only do you have your own seat, but you can ensure you have a built-in shade to protect you from the sun. Being able to sit in the shade is an important part of staying safe in the heat, and the convenience of not having to have a separate umbrella or beach tent is always great. A good beach chair needs to be sturdy and comfortable, as well as easy to set up. You might want some other features too, like somewhere to put your drink or put your feet up.
If you’re looking for the perfect beach chair with a canopy, take a look at the options below to find one that’s right for you.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Beach Chair With A Canopy is the Sport-Brella Recliner.
Best Beach Chairs With Canopies
When you’re ready to put your feet up and relax, you can put your feet up for real with the Sport-Brella Recliner. This recliner allows you to lean back and raise your feet to get ultimate comfort on the beach, by the pool or when you’re camping. This lightweight chair is designed to give you everything that you need, from a personal canopy to a drinks holder and built-in bottle opener, plus a zippered storage pouch for all of your things. You won’t need to get up from your chair once you’ve settled in. The full-coverage umbrella offers you UPF 50+ protection from the sun with its metallic undercoating, and it works on a 3-way swivel so you can adjust it to your liking.
The built-in insulated pocket can hold several drinks, so you won’t have to keep getting up to refresh yourself. With the 3-way reclining positions, you can sit or recline however you want and really start to relax. The strong construction of the frame allows it to hold up to 250 pounds, but it still folds down so that it’s lightweight and easy to transport. It weighs 13.5 pounds and packs into a slimline bag, making it easy to fit into your car or store out of the way when you’re not using it.
Everything can be adjusted on this chair, from the footrest and reclining position to the umbrella, which can be put on either side or removed completely. It allows you to enjoy it however you want.
- ULTRA COMFORTABLE: The easy to adjust recliner hinges have 3 options, meaning you can sit up, lay back or nap, as you sit and watch the waves; Put your feet up with the detachable footrest and relax with the Sport Brella Recliner Chair
- FULL COVERAGE UMBRELLA UPF 50+ PROTECTION; The Sport Brella will keep your skin protected from UVA/UVB rays; The canopy has a 3 way swivel and metallic undercoating for superior UPF 50+ protection, plus safety tips for eye protection
- REFRESHMENTS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS: Built in insulated pocket, cup holder, and storage pocket holds up to 4 drinks, so you'll always be prepared to crack a cold one; Meanwhile, the zippered storage pocket has a built in a bottle opener
- LIGHTWEIGHT, STRONG, AND EASY TO STORE: Made of ultra strong, lightweight steel construction, the Sport Brella Recliner Chair can hold up to 250 pounds; Use the easy to carry bag for transportation and storage
- JUST THE RIGHT FIT: This ultra comfortable, lightweight, Sport Brella Recliner Chair covers all the bases; Put your feet up on the detachable footrest, or grab your beverage of choice from the insulated drink pouch
If you’re looking for more of an awning style canopy than an umbrella, the Quick Shade Canopy Chair is a possible option. The sunshade in this chair can be raised, lowered or tilted to either side so you can position it to your liking. You can also fold it away behind the chair if you decide that you want to enjoy the sun on your face instead. Being able to adjust the canopy makes up for the fact that the chair itself doesn’t adjust.
This sturdy chair has drinks holders on both arms for your beverages, plus a storage pocket underneath for your book, phone and other various items. The tough 600 denier polyester fabric is combined with a strong frame made from steel for a chair that can hold up to 225 pounds. It weighs a light 9lb, making it super portable and easy to move around. It folds up small for storage and has integrated carry straps to make carrying it easier too.
The shape of the canopy offers a great option if you’re looking for something that holds up in the wind. It can be easier to use than an umbrella style canopy, which might get the wind under it more. Being able to put the canopy away is handy too, so you can just store it if you don’t need the sun protection or it’s too windy. When you’re completely done with the chair, folding it up again is easy.
- FOLDING CAMP CHAIR: Portable chair with canopy and 2 fabric and mesh cup holders offers the comfort your need for outdoor relaxation
- SUPPORTIVE: Durable steel frame supports weight up to 225 lbs.
- PATENTED DESIGN: The sun shade can raise, lower, and tilt to either side to block sun from any angle
- QUALITY FABRIC: Tough 600 denier polyester fabric is water and stain resistant so your chair stays looking new
- IDEAL SIZE: Measures 36"L x 24"W x 51"H when assembled; seat 18" from ground; weighs 9 lbs.
This SwimWays chair gives you another option with a flat canopy. The adjustable canopy has 50+ UPF protection to protect you from the sun when you’re enjoying the outdoors. You can lock the canopy up or down, depending on whether you want to enjoy the sun or sit in the shade. The canopy also serves another purpose, turning into the carry bag for the chair when it folds down. It has an integrated shoulder strap for easy portability, and it weighs less than 12lb. The snap-lock buckle holds everything in place when it’s folded down, and you don’t need to bother with a separate bag.
This comfortable chair has a breathable mesh fabric, which is ideal for warmer weather. You don’t have to worry about sticking to your chair or overheating when the sun is beating down. The chair features a single mesh cup holder in one of the arms but doesn’t have a pocket for your possessions, unlike some other chairs. The sturdy powder-coated steel frame takes up to 250lb in weight.
The portability of this chair makes it great for all kinds of outdoor activities, from camping to spending the day at the beach. With the breathable fabric and sitting about 10 inches from the ground, it offers plenty of comfort to the user too. It’s suitable even for taller people who are six foot and over. The canopy is even water resistant, so it could handle some surprise light rain or getting splashed while at the beach.
- MULTI-USE: This quad-style chair is ideal for use while camping, on a beach trip, at concerts, sporting events, and more!
- SUN PROTECTION: Includes an adjustable sun canopy with 50+ UPF protection to protect you on even the sunniest of days
- PORTABLE: Folded down and snapped together, the canopy becomes the chair's carry bag. Includes an integrated shoulder strap for hands-free portability
- ULTIMATE COMFORT: Made from a sturdy powder-coated steel frame, this chair boasts a breathable, ergonomic mesh oversized seat with front edge that won't cut into the back of your legs and an O-ring armrest cup holder to ensure stable and extended comfort!
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 37"L x 24"W x 58"H and can support adults up to 250 lbs.
This canopy chair from GCI Outdoor features a curved canopy, which can be moved from front to back. The sunshade with UPF 50 fabric also collapses so you can put it away when you’re not using it. You can fold it flat to the back of the chair to keep it out of the way. The chair itself is also adjustable, with three different positions available. You can lock the chair into position and easily unlock and fold it too. It comes with a carry bag, which also rolls up and fits into the Pocket Pillow, which gives you a headrest.
The powder-coated frame is made from a combination of aluminum and steel and can hold up to 250 pounds. Mesh paneling in the back of the chair allows it to breathe when it gets hot, and there is a beverage holder below one of the arms so you can stay hydrated too. However, there is, unfortunately, no pocket for any other items, like you can find with some other chairs.
This chair comes with a carry bag that features backpack straps for easy hands-free carrying. As mentioned before, the carry bag doubles up as a pillow when it doesn’t contain the chair. The chair weighs only 10.1 pounds, making it easy to carry wherever you want to go. It collapses to 7.5 x 7.7 x 41.1 inches, so you can store it at home or easily fit it into your car when you’re traveling.
- Folding beach chair with armrests, 3-position reclining ventilated mesh backrest, and collapsible sun shade
- Sun shade canopy adjusts from front-to-back and collapses when not in use; built-in beverage holder keeps drinks nearby
- Large carry bag with backpack straps for hands-free carrying; bag rolls up to fit in the Pocket Pillow for head support
- Seat height is 14.2 inches; chair locks, unlocks, and folds easily with the Tension Bar Stability System and supports up to 250 pounds
- Chair measures 38.8 x 25.2 x 54.9 inches, collapses to 7.5 x 7.7 x 41.1 inches, and weighs 10.1 pounds; manufacturer's one-year limited warranty
If you’re looking for a large chair, this option from Alpha Camp gives you a comfortable chair that measures 36.6″ x 23.6″ x 53.1″ when open. This large chair has a canopy that offers 50+ UPF sun protection, and that can be folded into the back of the chair when you’re not using it. The chair also has a large cup holder for your drinks on one arm and a mesh pocket that’s ideal for your phone on the other arm.
This chair features a heavy-duty steel frame, with an anti-rust hammer tone powder coating to protect it. The durable oxford cloth gives it a sturdy seat, with mesh in both the back and the seat to allow it to breathe. You can quickly set it up, and it also folds down into a carry bag with a shoulder strap. At 14 pounds it weighs a little more than some other options, but a little more weight is worth it for a larger chair.
As a bigger chair, it has a higher weight limit and can hold up to 350 pounds in the strong frame and fabric. Although the canopy can’t be adjusted, it can be moved back if you don’t want to use it, and it offers plenty of coverage when it is clicked into place. If you need a larger chair because you’re a larger person or you just want to have some more space to stretch out, this chair is a good choice.
- 🌞Sun Protection: Use the canopy in the up position for 50+ UPF sun protection. Providing you with cool shade in a hot summer day. Enjoy the shade and breeze outdoors!
- 👀Focus on Details: Extra supporting tubes on the bottom improves the overall weight capacity. Leg tube with diameter 0.9'', guarantee safety and quality.
- 👌High Grade Material: Anti- rust hammer tone powder coating for long working time.Use a durable heavy-duty steel stable frame, more stable construction.
- 👉Differential Design: One cup holder for 1 larger 32-ounce drink and a smart storage for cellphone
- 🙏【1 Year Guarantee】We try to make our canopy chair as good as we can. If there is any part missing or damaged, free replacement or refund promised if there is any quality issue.
How To Attach A Canopy To A Beach Chair
Here is a great DIY video showing how to use an umbrella as a canopy on a beach chair:
Pick your favorite beach chair with a canopy and spend your summer days in a comfortable seat, protected from the sun. If you need to bring multiple beach chairs or other equipment like a metal detector, you may need a good beach wagon to carry it all.