The Top 5 Water Shoes For Men Reviewed
Sometimes exploring the byways of our country means getting your feet wet.
Whether you are hiking across a brook, walking along a beach, or putting your canoe into a lake – you are going to have to leave the comfort of dry land and put your feet under water.
Those are the times when you want a great pair of water shoes that will protect your feet, give you good traction, and then dry quickly once you are back above the surface.
When we were kids, many of us would just use an old pair of sneakers for our excursions into the water. Walking around in a soaked pair of shoes was much better than cutting your feet up on submerged rocks or shellfish.
But footwear manufacturers have recognized the need for quality aqua shoes that offer protection without staying waterlogged for hours. And to help you find the perfect pair of men’s water shoes, we’ve gone through the latest offerings from the top brands, and come up with what we think are the five best aqua shoes on the market.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Water Shoe For Men is the Merrell All Out Blaze Aero Sport. But the competition was stiff, and there are some great competitors at various price points.
We look at each shoe in detail below, but here is a quick look at our top 5 entries:
Best Water Shoes For Men
As we noted above, there are a lot of great options in this category. But after looking at the entries and comparing features, here are our picks for the top men’s water shoes:
The shoe features a rugged Vibram sole, meaning it is meant for more than just splashing in the shallows. This is a full-on hiking shoe that works well in either wet or dry environments.
The breathable mesh fabric dries quickly after getting wet. And the extra odor-preventing tech built into the shoe will keep them from smelling like swamp foot.
While they are the most expensive shoe in our roundup they still are very reasonably priced, and will deliver exceptional wet and dry performance for a long time. You can’t go wrong with the All Out Blaze Aero Sport from Merrell.
- Lace-up hiking shoe with branding details featuring breathable mesh and durable synthetic upper
- Omni-Fit lacing system
- Mesh lining with odor-preventing M Select FRESH technologies
- Cushioned and protective UniFly midsole
- TC5+ Vibram outsole with 5 mm lug depth
Unlike the previous entry from Merrell that is primarily a hiking shoe, the Swiftwater is a water shoe through and through. It is made using Crocs’ unique closed-cell resin – called Croslite – that is both comfortable and soft, while at the same time delivering superior traction. This lightweight substance resists odor and will not mark surfaces if you wear them around the house.
The thousands of online reviews for the Swiftwater Mesh Sandal are overwhelmingly positive, with many respondents extolling their comfort, fit, and durability. And given their very reasonable price, the Crocs Swiftwater should be on your short list.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, SPORTY AND ADVENTUROUS: The Swiftwater sandals for men are all about comfort and functionality The sporty and minimal design allows you to move through life swiftly
- WATER-FRIENDLY: These sandals for men are water-friendly and designed to channel water away These water shoes for men are great for rocky beaches or mucky lake bottoms
- ICONIC COMFORT: From water relaxation to land exploration, these mesh men's sandals are flexible and made of Croslite material for Iconic Crocs Comfort Mesh upper offers an adjustable strap for best fit
- LIGHTWEIGHT: These Crocs shoes for men are incredibly lightweight and fun to wear The flexible material and toe coverage are perfect for when you're on the go or just hangin' out
- ENHANCED TRACTION: The sporty design includes flex grooves on the outsoles for increased traction These activity-inspired Crocs for men will hold up through all of your adventures
This lightweight shoe features a breathable mesh upper that dries quickly after getting wet. The midsole is very comfortable, and the proprietary ComforDry sock liner adds to its cushioning performance.
Another interesting feature is the sole, which contains holes that speed the drying process while providing excellent traction. These features make the Zhuanlin shoe excellent for applications like river walking and kayaking.
There are thousands of positive reviews for the Zhuanglin aqua shoe online, and nearly 90% of them give the product either four or five stars. Reviewer after reviewer comment on both the light weight of this shoe, and also how comfortable they are. If you are looking for an attractive water shoe that feels great on your feet, the Zhuanglin Aqua Water Shoe may be just what you want.
- Breathable and durable air mesh upper allow the foot to breathe.
- Solyte midsole provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability.
- Water Grip outsole provides exceptional traction in wet and slippery conditions.
- ComforDry sockliner provides the optimum cushioning performance that creates a cooler, drier and healthier shoe environment.
- Open mesh on the upper and hole on the sole provides for superior breathability and quick drying.
While the Ubfen shoes do have breathable holes that allow moisture to drain out, they do not allow sand or rocks back in to irritate your feet. That is one complaint many people have about other open sandal styles, so if that is one of your concerns the Ubfen shoe might be a nice alternative.
The light weight material make they perfect for running along the beach, or doing yoga, windsurfing, or participating in any number of other aquatic activities. And their very reasonable price will leave you plenty of room in your budget.
- STRETCHY MATERIALS:The smooth fabrics with fine stretch on uppers are easy to get on and off.It is light and feels like you just have socks on,but thick enough to protect your feet.
- DURABLE SOLE:The new updated sole features great wearing resistance and duration.The convex dots on solo enhances ability of anti-skid, giving strong friction when waking.
- FLEXIBLE TWIST AND LOOP:This shoes are portable and easy to take with when travelling.
- SPECIAL FEATURES:These shoes walk like normal shoes but allow the water to drain out.The holes would not be big enough to allow sands or rocks inside.
- OCCASION:Perfect for beach, diving, snorkeling, shower, swimming, pool, weight training, boating& sailing, parasailing, kayaking, yoga, dancing, windsurfing, cycling, bathroom, jogging, fishing, beach volleyball, garden, water aerobics, exercises.
Doussprt is aiming squarely at the sports water shoe market with this product. They claim it is perfect for any number of activities, including wake-boarding, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, fishing, jogging, cycling, and more.
One of the attractive features of this water shoe is the price. At around a third of the cost of our top choice, the Doussprt is an excellent choice for people looking to pick up some aqua shoes without emptying their wallet. And given the overwhelmingly positive reviews of this shoe – over 90% of purchasers giving it five stars – Doussprt will deliver on both performance and price.
- 2.Breathable and durable air mesh upper allow the foot to breathe.
- 3.Open mesh on the upper and hole on the sole provides for superior breathability and quick drying.
- 4.OCCASION - beach, swimming, pool, wake-boarding, sailing, boating, kayaking, windsurfing, cycling, jogging, walking, fishing, beach volleyball, gardening, lawn, car-washing and driving. Family outings!
- 5.Feel free to contact us if any questions before ordering and after-sale issues!
Water Shoes Explained
If you’ve never used a pair of water shoes before, here is a good YouTube video outlining some of the things to look for: