The Top 5 Tricycles Reviewed
Riding a tricycle is one of those cherished childhood memories that unites millions of people across the country. However, thanks to the emergence of the electric trike, it is possible to take those experiences to a whole new level thanks.
The kids (and let’s face it, you) will have hours of fun on your tricycles. Furthermore, the best trikes boast some particularly impressive features that open the door to many adventures. Better still, this makes it possible for children that wouldn’t ordinarily be able to enjoy biking to experience those magical moments. Tricycles aren’t just for kids, though, and can be enjoyed by adults too.
While there’s no doubting the capabilities of tricycles, like carrying groceries with a good bike trailer, finding the right trike for adults or children can feel like a minefield. With so many options on the market, it can all get a little overwhelming. That’s why we’ve compiled this shortlist of the best tricycles on the market. Ride on!
“Best Overall Tricycle”
The super lightweight RipRider 360 Caster Trike from Razor is a fantastic tricycle for young children and early teens, not least thanks to its low riding position. Its 360-degree turning capabilities and high-powered motor are guaranteed to make triking fast and fun without compromising on safety.
Razor is one of the biggest and best names on the market, and every detail of the RipRider model celebrates their fantastic balance between function and appearance. The ultra cool blue color scheme is complemented to perfection by the silver metal bars, black pedals and handlebar grips, and hints of racer red. It’s an exciting trike to look at, and even more exciting to ride.
The low ride provides plenty of thrills but, with the small back wheels, also provides plenty of stability for young riders. Meanwhile, the extremely sturdy frame and robust materials ensure that the trike can handle a lot of bumps. Therefore, you can be sure that kids will get years of safe, fun usage out of the 360-degree Rip Rider.
Pedaling is enjoyable and easy thanks to the good positioning and size of the pedals, which are designed with the younger rider in mind. Furthermore, it is particularly smooth over small bumps, although the lightweight device won’t overcome some of the bigger hills quite like the bigger adult electric trikes could. Still, the Razor RipRider’s practical features additionally extend to the assembly process, which is particularly simple.
For first-time riders, the Razor RipRider 360 is a stunning solution that’s sure to provide hours of fun from pre-school through to the early teens.
- 360 degrees of ultimate spinning action!
- Dual inclined casters allow resistance-free drifting and spinning action
- Features MX-style handlebar with rubber grips, double crown fork design, and welded steel frame and fork
- Hi-Impact, front wheel with flat-free tire
- Rugged steel construction for endless play!
“Best Drift Trike”
The Razor DXT Trike is another top offering from the Razor brand, but is designed with bigger kids and adults in mind. The sleek black and yellow design promotes a racing vibe, which is underlined by the performance. As you speed through the straights and power slide through turns, the powerful tricycle truly takes fun to the next level.
A robust steel frame is built to last while the BMX style pedals and moto-style handlebars show that this is more than a kiddies trike. Smooth bearings and great welds ensure that the trike will stay strong even when whizzing downhill and taking on tough turns. Even for an adult, the thrill and excitement are truly incredible. Recapturing your youth has never been so entertaining.
Assembly is easy, allowing you to get on the road straight away while the sturdy frame can handle over 200lbs of weight without slowing down. The firm bucket seat can be easily moved to find a position that suits you and, once fixed, will provide the comfort and stability that you require. The 10” kart style gives you a little more height off the ground but still provides a low enough ride for fast turning and drifts.
With so much speed, it’s important for the brakes to work. The DZT Drift Trike includes responsive brakes that are easy to pull and can help you prevent danger. This allows you to enjoy the adrenaline-fuelled rides without fear of accidents. Even if you do tip the trike, its low position and sleek design should enable you to avoid serious damage.
For bigger children and adults wanting to recapture their youth, this big wheeler is the perfect option. It looks fast, rides fast, and ensures you’ll have a blast.
- Where Downhill Meets Drift. Ages-14 and up. Maximum weight-198 pounds
- Steel trike style frame combined with Super Slider POM rear wheels
- Riders can power slide through corners, throw fish tails or fast 180s!
- Front free-wheel with BMX style platform pedals and alloy crank
- Features: moto-style handlebars, pro-style grips, triple crown fork, adjustable bucket style seat, and tow hook attachment, grip tape on rear axle
“Best Electric Trike”
The Razor Power Ride 360 Electric Tricycle makes riding a trike easier than ever. With speeds of up to 9mph without even pedaling, the speedy trike is ideal for kids aged 8 through to their early teens. The 3-wheeler makes riding accessible to all, even those with mobility and coordination issues, while it’s fun factor is truly incredible.
A futuristic black and yellow design, which also features the silver metal frame, is super cool while the pedals are positioned to give you a comfortable and smooth ride at all times. A large bucket plastic bucket seat offers more than enough comfort for the full time that the electric trike operates, which is half an hour on continuous throttle – or about an hour or two with standard usage.
Operating the Power Rider 360 is very easy too. The rider simply presses a button to move forward while turning the comfortable and light yet study handlebar. Braking is equally simple thanks to the hand-operated mechanism. After a few minutes of getting used to these facilities, the rider can cruise, drift, and slide in a fast, fun, and safe manner for buckets of fun.
The small caster rear wheels offer smooth riding through straights and turns while all materials boast the robust strength you’d expect of the Razor brand. The tricycle offers easy riding even to those that cannot handle a manual pedalled unit. Perhaps the only downside is that the 12V battery does take time to charge. Still, this is a small price to pay for the amount of fun of offer.
As a gateway into triking, biking, and scootering (or as a fun alternative to the standard tricycles) this is a fantastic solution.
- Blast into the future with the PowerRider 360 - all-new, electric powered 3-wheeler from Razor!
- Features push button throttle and reaches speeds up to 9 mph with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Cut full 360 degree spins, slide, even drift on its duel inclined rear caster wheels
- Includes front, hand operated braking system, hi-impact pneumatic front wheel, 12V rechargeable battery system, and charger
- Recommended for ages 8 and up; supports riders up to 120 pounds
“Best Tricycle For Toddlers”
The Radio Flyer steer and stroll trike makes it a great option for toddlers because it gives the parents the ability to control it if need be. This means that even if your child is too young to peddle around, they can still use it. Switching on and off parental control is extremely easy with this model, by simply inserting and removing the handle.
Parents will love the value the Radio Flyer provides too. The “grow with me” seat is adjustable, allowing children from ages 2-5 to use this trike. So your child can enjoy this tricycle for many years to come.
Here is a video of the Radio Flyer Tricycle in action:
This is a sharp looking unit, with the classic Radio Flyer styling. It is red painted solid steel, with a chrome bell. This trike will be the envy of all of the kids in your neighborhood.
While a little pricey for a kids toy, this model should last long enough for several years of use or more. We recommend purchasing this trike to any parents with toddlers. This trike is the perfect tool to get your child started with learning to bike.
- 2 ways to ride-pedals lock into footrests while parent steers or remove handle for child to ride alone
- Removable parent steering handle
- Adjustable grow-with-me seat
- Fun covered bin, durable molded wheels
- Product Dimensions = 27.17" x 19.69" x 24.21"
“Best Tricycle For Adults”
The Schwinn Meridian Trike isn’t one that’s built for kids that can be used by adults. It is specifically designed with older users in mind. The simple yet sleek black appearance is classy yet cool while the white and silver alternatives are similarly impressive. While it won’t appeal to youngsters, adults will love the look.
As an adult trike, functionality is as important as the appearances. The Schwinn model is a practical solution that can replace traditional bicycles as it offers low riding and even has a rear basket (that can be folded away) for storing items. The simplicity of the one-speed design is supported by a robust frame and quality components to make riding easier than ever.
The pedals, brakes, and handlebars are all designed with a focus on comfort and function, although this does not compromise the look either. The bike, with its 26” wheels, is easy to assemble straight out of the box too, allowing you to get on with riding right away. Whether this means triking alone or alongside the kids is entirely up to you.
Schwinn’s trike is fairly heavy, which really helps over bumps and also improves stability. Yet it still boasts the maneuverability to handle turns and other challenges. From seeking fun and exciting adventures to leisurely rides, this unit is ideal for adults of all ages and sizes. Men and women alike will see great joy from the product.
For the big kids, this is a winning solution.
- The Schwinn Meridian adult tricycle features a low-maintenance single-speed drivetrain; perfect for rides around the neighborhood or trips to the store. The suggested rider height is 5'4"-6'2" And the recommended weight limit is 300 pounds.
- The meridian's low stand-over aluminum frame is lightweight and strong and allows for easy access on and off of the tricycle. The included rear basket is 18. 5" Long, 22. 5" Wide, and 11. 5" Tall with a 50lb weight limit and folds flat when not in use.
- The wide swept-back cruiser handlebars offer a relaxed upright riding position to put less stress on your back and are adjustable from 37 inches up to 40 inches tall while the large springer cruiser seat quickly adjusts to keep you comfortable.
- To keep your trike rides safe, The Schwinn Meridian features both front and rear linear pull hand brakes and does not include a coaster brake system. Both front and rear fenders are included to keep you clean and Dry on all of your rides.
- The Schwinn Meridian adult tricycle ships ready to be assembled by you or a local bike shop and comes with a 5 year limited .