The Top 5 Space Heaters Reviewed
In the past, space heaters were seen as one of the worst items you could purchase for your home. Particularly from an energy standpoint. Yes, those old space heaters would eat up energy whenever they were plugged in. However, that has certainly changed and today it is possible to get a space heater that will heat up your home without costing you a fortune. You can make sure that you have that extra level of warmth and still keep those energy bills low. It’s great if you have an issue with insulation in your home or if you want to make sure that your property stays warm through the winter months.
Space heaters are great for heating indoors, but are not great for outdoors. For those of you that need to heat an outdoor space, be sure to check out our list of the best patio heaters.
However, to make sure that you get the right benefits, you need to think about the best space heater for you. For instance, you might be interested in a heater that provides a higher level of portability. Here’s a breakdown of some of the best space heaters available right now.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Space Heater is the Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater.
Best Space Heaters
If you’re looking for a retro-styled heater that will still get the job done and provide the right level of portability that you need, then this could be a great option for you. It’s a fair price too and is light enough that you can easily move it around. Theoretically, you could even mount this heater onto a Roomba and provide warmth for your whole house.
It will certainly serve you well in an emergency if you run out of fuel to heat your home. You can place this heater in a hallway and before long you’ll find that it is heating up your bedroom too. This is an infrared heater and this means that it will heat up objects rather than the air. However, this is impacted by humidity. The more humid your home is, the faster it will heat up.
Infrared heaters like this are also one of the safest options that you can buy on the market. So, if you are worried about the possibility of fire when using a space heater then this could be the right choice for you. Just make sure that you read the instruction manual before you start using it. The product does come with a clear set of instructions to make sure that you can set it up in the right way.
The energy-saving you will get here depends on the temp you set it. If you set the temp at a high level, then you will us around 1500 watts. However, on a low setting such as 2, you’ll only use 200 watts.
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a large room.
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 86 degrees. Caster Wheels and lifetme filter
- Weights 24 lbs and uses 12.5 Amps of Power. 1500 Watts.Electric Cord 72 inch long
As the name suggests, this heater is a tower system which has a sleek design and is taller than most of the other options that you can buy on the market. It’s also fairly cheap and comes at about half the price of the previous choice on this list. For that reason, you won’t need to think too much about whether to try this one for yourself. While the heater won’t power your whole home, it will cover a good range of space including a couple of rooms.
On average, this heater will use about 1500 watts at the point when you turn it on for the first time. However, on a lower setting, you will use a lot fewer watts. Even if you do keep it at the max, for eight hours every day, you could be looking at adding just $40 to your electric bill every month. This could even out depending on whether you still use your main heating.
Another great feature with this device is that it does have an auto tip-off switch. Ultimately, this means that if the product is knocked over accidentally it will cease to function immediately. That’s great news as it does mean that you don’t have to worry about an issue with the system becoming a safety hazard. We’re also delighted with the level of durability that this heater provides. You can use this heater for four years without seeing any issues at all. You just need to make sure that this heater is large enough for the space that you want to keep warm.
One of the stand out features of this device that we think you’re going to love is that it does come with remote control. Ultimately, this means that you can easily switch between the different settings that you want or need without getting it up and switching it manually. A portable option, you will also be able to move this heater wherever you need it to be around your home without any trouble at all. That’s great news if you’re using it to heat your entire property.
Like the previous device, this option also provides you with great safety features As such, you won’t have to worry about issues with this one getting knocked over either. It will shut down immediately once it senses that it has been knocked over. The heater provides a range of different wattage levels including 800W, 1000@ and 1500W respectively. As with most heaters like this, the amount you use will depend on the level of heat you need.
Be aware with this heater, you can’t control the fan manually. Instead, the fan will run automatically until the right temperature that you want is reached. This automated system ensures that the space heater is easy to use without much trouble at all. Unlike other heaters on the market, this heater could be perfect if you’re looking for one to use at night. The heater does not emit much light at all, ensuring it won’t keep you up.
If you’re looking to save money on your heating bill, then you’ll also love the eco mode feature. This is a simple way to ensure that you get the greatest level of heat for the cheapest cost. It’s fast to function too. You can easily heat up a standard-sized living room in just about 30 minutes.
- FAST, EFFICIENT HEATING: Our oscillating space heater uses a forced-fan circulation to heat as it rotates from side to side, quickly & evenly warming an entire room while maintaining a consistent temperature.
- ETL CERTIFIED & BUIT TO BE SAFE: In addition to being ETL Certified, this unit includes an overheat protection sensor and an automatic fail-safe that cuts power to the unit if it's accidentally tipped over.
- OPTIMAL COMFORT: A digital thermostat prevents overheating & stuffiness, while an 8-hour timer with auto shutoff allows you to program the unit in advance to maintain a steady comfortable temperature.
- LOWER ENERGY COSTS: Frostbite weather shouldn’t take a bite out of your paycheck. Our energy-saving ECO mode adjusts heat output to lower costs, while its ceramic build prevents producing too much heat.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE POWER: This heating appliance is easy to move from room to room or take on a road trip. A remote control enables easy adjustment, while the stay cool housing helps prevents burns.
Another budget-friendly option, this space heater has a design that makes it perfect for propping up on a table or countertop. This makes it a great choice if you are worried about the possibility of it being knocked over by a pet or perhaps one of your children. While compact, the heater is powerful and does provide a great level of energy savings. As such, you can get the heat you need without the typical high cost.
One of the big benefits of this heater is that you will find it runs with very little noise. Due to the design of these heaters, that’s not always the case and many do whir or vibrate through the night. With this heater, you’ll be able to sleep without it bothering you at all.
While not portable, this heater also provides a long electrical cord which covers about six feet. As such, you’ll be able to plug it in and set it up even if it’s not close to a main source of power. It has clever features as well. For instance, if you unplug this space heater and it’s still on when it plugs back in it will automatically resume functioning.
Ultimately, if you’re searching for a small heater that is nearly no bigger than a one-dollar bill, but still provides a higher level of heat, then this one could be right for you. It can fit seamlessly into any room with a little style added into the mix too.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT HEAT: The UberHeat Ceramic Heater offers powerful, 1500 watt heat in a compact, modern design. The Low setting does not require as much electricity to operate, so it is more energy efficient and a better option for saving energy.
- EASY TO USE: Ideal for tabletop or floor placement, this powerful heater features 2 heat settings, an adjustable thermostat, a tip over switch, cool touch housing & overheat protection.
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using portable heaters in your home can help increase comfort & supplement home heating needs. There is a range of Honeywell heaters covering personal, ceramic, fan forced, radiant and infrared to meet all your heating needs.
- SMART SAVINGS: Portable heaters are a smart and easy way to add warmth to any space. By turning down your whole house thermostat a few degrees and heating just the room you are in, a Honeywell heater can help you save money while providing soothing warmth
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve heating & energy savings in your home, office or at school using a Honeywell portable heater.
Finally, the Lasko CD09250 is the cheapest option on our list. But don’t let the price fool you. This heater still provides a lot of power and in terms of wattage, hits the same 1500 as the others. One of the best benefits of this heater is that you can easily switch between 15 different settings. As such, you won’t need to spend too much time finding the right level of heat for you in your home or even in the office. It also has a basic design and virtually no light-up points at all except for a small red light to note that it is powered up.
The system has been designed with portability in mind. This means that it is light enough to get it where you need it to be in your property without any issues at all. It works straight out of the box too so you won’t need to worry about spending hours getting it ready to go.
This system will turn off and on depending on your settings and will immediately shut off if it overheats. This system does not have a tip-over the system. As such, if you are worried about it being knocked over, it’s worth positioning it somewhere higher up. Overall this heater will provide the power you need and get a room to the right temperature in just under an hour.
- 3 quiet settings - including high heat, low heat, and fan only make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in your home or home office. Combined with an adjustable thermostat This personal space heater is great from small areas.
- Adjustable thermostat - allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With 11 different temperature settings you're sure to find a comfortable setting. Simply turn the dial to the heat setting you desire and enjoy comforting heat.
- Convenient carry handle - makes it easy to move the space heater. Thanks to the heater's compact Size and convenient carry handle you can easily move the heater from the kitchen, to the bedroom, or under the desk.
- Built-in safety features - overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. The space heater also features a cool-touch exterior. This allows the the space heater's body to stay cool even when it's on high.
- Fully assembled - allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working it minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, select your desired heat and thermostat settings, and enjoy the warmth from your new Lasko space heater.
We hope this helps you find the right space heater for your requirements. For larger spaces, kerosene heaters will do a better job of heating the space.
How To Calculate The Output Of A Space Heater
If you are wondering how to calculate how big of a space heater you will need to heat your room, you will first need to find out how much heat each heater produces. Here is a good video to help with that: