The Top 6 Solar Generators Reviewed
Being able to invest in a solar generator is a great way to ensure that your home has the emergency backup power that it might need. Not only this, but it is an excellent way of saving money on your electric bill each month if you have noticed that it was a little high. So, not only do solar generators mean that you have a reliable source of energy should you require it, but you are also doing your part to help the environment. Reducing your carbon footprint is one of the main reasons that people are choosing to purchase these generators in recent years, and you will really notice a difference when you do!
But, how do you know which solar generator you should purchase above all the others? Well, down below, you will find five of the best solar generators on the market right now.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Solar Generator is the Goal Zero Yeti 400.
The Best Solar Generators
One of the best things about the Goal Zero Yeti 400 is that it has a rechargeable battery meaning that there is no gasoline required to operate this generator. This is a massive environmental benefit as it is not giving off toxic fumes into the air every time it is turned on. It can take anywhere from five to thirteen hours to charge depending on where you have plugged it in. It is also safe to use whether you are outside in the open air, or in a small confined space like a tent, so it is perfect to have on hand for all of your needs.
Another benefit of this generator is that it has a handy LED display that lets you know exactly how much energy you are using. So, when you are positioning the solar panels, you will find the input and output calculator extremely helpful to determine which is the best place for them to be. You should be aware that if you start to hear a beeping sound coming from your generator, it is likely trying to tell you that the battery is low and you need to charge it. You can use one of the three charging options to do this, making it more convenient for you!
Here is a video showing what a Yeti Goal Zero can power:
However, some people have reported problems with the duration of this battery. Some customers have found that it does not hold charge as well as it used to over a period of around a year, so do watch out for this if you purchase one. You might just want to check how long the generator is lasting each time you use it, just to ensure that you are getting the very best out of your device.
- 396Wh lead acid battery portable power station can power up to 7 devices at once (33Ah @ 12V)
- Continuous 300W, 600W surge pure-sine wave inverter, 2.1A USB ports, 120W 12V ports
- Charge phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and most small devices. Backup power for small appliances, lights, and more
- Recharges from AC, 12V or solar panels (sold separately). Gas-free generator alternative with no noise, no fumes, no maintenance
- Chainable with other 33Ah lead acid batteries for longer runtimes
What does that extra power translate to in real life? Well, Maxoak claims a fully charged AC50 can recharge your smartphone up to thirty-six times in the field, your GoPro action camera eighty times, and a 45-watt laptop nine times before running out of juice. That is some significant portable power!
The power output from the AC50 is sine-wave pure, which means no you won’t have a problem plugging in your sensitive electronics. And the superior output means you can even run small appliances from this generator.
The controls on the AC50 are both intuitive and easy to use. It features both DC and AC output, so you can plug in your USB devices and also your regular AC cords. And the digital battery readout shows you how much juice is left in the tank at a glance. Maxoak included a wireless charging area on the unit, and also LED lighting which is great for camping.
Owner reviews of the Maxoak AC50 are overwhelmingly positive. More than a few mentioned using their unit as a power supply for a CPAP device. For people with sleeping problems that need power in an emergency or while camping, this generator can be a godsend.
While the AC50 is the most expensive unit in our review, the extra power and features certainly justify the marginally higher cost. For those looking for a high-powered solar generator, the Maxoak should definitely be on their shortlist.
- 1)G-mark Award 2019 Power Station:High Capacity 500Wh/300W(Peak 450W) Rechargeable Lithium Solar Generator, 500Wh (45Ah, 11.1V) with 2* 120V AC-Outlet(Pure Sine-wave) can Charge Small Appliance(Max.300W) Such as Smartphones 36 Times, Laptops(45W) 9 times, Gopro 80 times, Drone, Mini Projector, Mini Car Fridge and Others. The Portable Power Station is an Ideal Emergency Power Backup for RV Outdoors, Camping or Hurricane and Other Power Outage Situations.
- 2)AC/Solar/Car Recharge Options: 6-7Hrs to Full Recharge the Power Station from a Wall Outlet (90W AC Adapter Included); 4-5Hrs to Recharge it Fully by a 120W Solar Panel (Not Include, MPPT Charge Mode); Car Recharge is Optional, DC12V Car Can Recharge it to 40-50%, and DC24V Car can Recharge it Fully. Foldable Handle Design is Perfect for Outdoor Adventure and Camping.
- 3)Wireless Charging / Faster Charge PD 45W USB-C / DC12V: Flexible Charge Options can Make Your Life More Convenient. PD 45W is a More Faster Charge Mode for your Laptop/Phone,you can Charge Several Devices via AC/Wireless/DC/USB-C/USB-A Output Ports, Save your Valuable Time.
- 4) Safety Guarantee: Soft Glue Design & Superior Flame Retardant Material. We use Auto-level Battery Cell, it has Higher Discharge Rate, Lower Heat and Safer than the Ordinary Battery Cores, the Cycle Life is 1000+. LED Lighting Design (including SOS Function) is Especially Practical for Emergency Disaster. It's noise-free, Zero Emissions, Eco-friendly. Battery Management System (BMS) Enables Voltage/Current Control, Temperature Control and More Advanced Safety Functions.
- 5)What You Get: 1*MAXOAK BLUETTI Portable Power Station (500Wh/300W, 11.6*7.5*7.7inch,13.6lbs), 1*AC Adapter&Cable,1*Cigarette Lighter Cable( Cigarette Port to DC7909 Connector Male), 1*MC4 Cable (MC4 Connector to DC 7909 male),1*USB Type-C Cable, 1* Carry Bag, 1*User Manual, 1*Warranty Card.
Whether you are looking for a generator to aid you during a power outage, a road trip, while you are on a camping trip or if you need it for a larger scale project such as to power a hospital, the Phoenix if your generator. It is capable of expanding up to 120 Watts, which makes it the perfect option for any of your short term power needs. The Phoenix also comes with a replaceable battery which leaves the possibility of limitless power! Do be careful, though if you are taking this portable generator with you on a trip because if you leave it in direct sunlight, it could overheat and get damaged.
There are a number of adaptors and cables that will allow you to both charge and consume power. The usability of this product is excellent as it is not complicated to work, so even those who do not have experience with this type of equipment will find it easy to use. You are going to be hard pressed to find a solar generator that is this high quality for the same kind of price. The Phoenix really can do it all!
If that’s not enough to make you want to purchase one, it is also extremely lightweight too making it perfect for any of those travel adventures you want to go on. You aren’t going to experience issues getting this device from A to B, which is one of the biggest benefits that you will find here. You can even leave it in your vehicle until you need it if you don’t want to take it everywhere, but we guarantee you that this is not going to be necessary from a convenience point of view.
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Rangy 20W Mono-crystalline Solar panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional paves
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 17. 1Ah li-ion(neck) Battery
- The included 17. 1Ah li-ion(neck) Battery, giving the capability of limitless power. Charging temperature range 045C°
- Minimum inverter efficiency: 80 percentage, max Continuous Output power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
If you are looking to get instant power with just the push of a button, then ROCKPALS have got you covered. You don’t even have to worry about listening to this device make sounds like someone is screaming somewhere because it is completely silent, which is one of its many benefits. It comes with a lithium battery and is capable of generating the large amount of power that you need to power a couple of appliances if you are on a camping trip, or if your electric has been knocked out.
Thanks to the 300W AC inverter that the ROCKPALS uses, there is no longer any need for gasoline or cords, making it one of the safest and most efficient options on the market right now. None of those toxic fumes are going to be released into the atmosphere thanks to the multi-layer protection that is offered with this generator, meaning that you will not be actively contributing to pollution when you turn this device on.
A useful addition is a battery level monitor so that you can see when your generator needs charging. Most others just make beeping sounds when they are running low, but this device includes a display that gives you all the information you need to know how well your generator is running. Add this on top of the four USB inputs that you will find, and you have got a generator fit for any occasion.
- LATEST ROCKPALS 300-WATT PORTABLE POWER STATION: Comparing to most similar power stations, Rockpals RP300W has upgraded the AC output to 300W continuous (600W surge max);5* DC port (16A / 96W max); built-in 2* USB 2.1A and 2*Quick Charge 3.0 usb. Perfect emergency backup power for home/ travel/ camping, charging up your tablets, iPhone, iPad, laptops, fans, TV, lights and CPAP machine (*Use Rockpals DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours)
- HIGHEST CAPACITY LIGHTWEIGHT LITHIUM POWER PACK: 280WH(3.7V 75Ah/12V 18.7Ah) lithium batteries and weights 7.3lb. powerful enough to charge smartphones (2000mah) 25 times, laptops (56wh) 4-5 times, mini car refrigerator (75W) about 3-5 hours or other small appliances, lights, and more. This solar generator is also very handy to be put on your RV, camper and perfect for emergencies, camping or wherever you need power (Support Pass Through Charging)
- EASILY THREE WAY RECHARGEABLE: 1)This solar generator can be recharged from the sun with any compatible 60W or 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY). 2) This battery pack can be fully charged in 6-7 hours by being plugged into the wall outlet. 3) This camping battery power supply can be fully charged in 6-7 hours by car charger
- PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER: Better than modified sine wave and clean power like utility supplied electricity. Inductive loads like microwaves and motors run faster, quieter and cooler. Reduces audible and electrical noise in fans, fluorescent lights, audio amplifiers, TV, fax and answering machines. And it is a gas-free source of portable power supply, it runs quiet (The cooling fan on the side of generator will make a slight sound when working), no exhaust fumes.
- WHAT YOU GET: Rockpals portable generator (280Wh Portable Generator), AC adapter, car charger cable, MC4 adapter, user guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
More suited to outside adventures such as camping or a nice day out at the park, you will find the Jackery Portable Power Station can provide the energy that you need without any hassle. You can stay charged on the go, so you don’t need to worry about running out of power half way through your day. You don’t have to go without anymore just because you are adventuring in the great outdoors. Instead, you can just charge it up wherever you happen to be.
Another benefit of this solar generator is that it comes with an LCD display which allows you to see how long the battery has left. This could be helpful when it comes to planning how you are going to disperse the power until its next charge! And, if you are finding this display difficult to read, then just turn on the backlight, and you will be able to see in all weather conditions including the blazing sun.
There is no set amount of time that this generator will run as it all depends on the situation and the variables that come together to impact the usage time. But, you will find that this device provides a stable and clean source of energy to charge your sensitive devices such as your smartphone or laptop. This is due to making use of pure sine wave to ensure that everything is safe all the time.
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Jackery portable power station, power outdoors.
- QUIET GENERATOR & ECO-FRIENDLY CLEAN POWER: Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah, 14.4V) lithium-ion battery pack, no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, no clanging! Pack light for your next camp trip with Jackery portable power station.
- OUTDOOR CAMPING BATTERY: Portable power station specially designed for charging laptops, mini-cooler, drone and other outdoor electronics. Explorer 240 features 1* AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports and 1* DC car port, power your outdoor adventure without worry.
- SOLAR READY RECHARGING: pairs well with Jackery Solar Saga 60W/100W (sold separately), easily get recharged with the efficient solar panel. Pure sine wave inverter portable power station, protect your sensitive devices; Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry wherever you go.
- PACKAGE DETAILS: You will receive 1* Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station (240Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC Adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
The small size of this generator makes it perfect for all kinds of outdoor activities. For example, if you are heading out for a day of fun with your family, you can bring this compact device along to ensure that you always have power, should it be necessary. It can even stay in the car until you need it. It is important to recognize that the size should not be putting you off here as it has a big capacity which would be more than enough to cover an entire weekend camping trip.
The 3 output ports included are handy as they will be able to charge multiple devices at the same time without causing any damage to them, or to the environment. So, whether you need to get some more charge into your phone, make sure that mini fan keeps on turning or even provide energy to something like a mini cooler, the SUAOKI can do this for you! For your convenience, there has also been three choices of charging added to this device so that you can get your power back wherever you go.
It is not always easy to find a device that is compact enough to travel with but can also provide the amount of energy that you need but SUAOKI have outdone themselves with this one. You won’t be struggling to carry it around, and you certainly won’t be running out of power while you have this generator around.
- 【BE COMPACT, BE EFFICIENT】 SUAOKI S270 is not only the most compact power station in the market, but also features as many output ports as possible, think of it, size of two coffee mugs hold 150wh capacity and 10 various outlet ports, how convenient will be when you carry this 2.90 lbs weight portable generator for outdoor activites or camping, 2 hideable handles make it even more portable. If this is your first time to using a portable battery pack, this would be you best choice for the price
- 【PLUG-AND-PLAY, QUIET】 SUAOKI S270 lithium backup battery pack equipped with 150Wh capacity (11.1V 13500mAh), 3*USB ports(5V 2.1A), 1*QC3.0 USB port (18W max), 4*DC ports (12V 15A 180W max), 1*2 prong and 1*3 prong output socket (100W running, 150W peak). Power phone, pad, tablets, GPS, laptop, walkie-talkie, Gopro, camera, drone, festivals bulbs and camping explore devices under 100W, enjoy off the grid life, travel, hunting, fishing, vanlife, cave exploration
- 【3 RECHARGE METHODS】 SUAOKI S270 emergency battery supply provides three recharging methods: 1) it takes about 7-8 hours to be fully recharged by AC 110v wall socket, ; 2) by using SUAOKI 60W or 100W solar panel kit (sold separately, recommended), this solar generator can be recharged under direct sun light, the bulid-in MPPT solar charge controller enables quick and smart charge; 3) it also can be recharged through 12V/24V car cigarette socket. (3 types of charging cable is included)
- 【SAFE, RELIABLE】 Here we bring you this advanced portable generator that passed UL Certification which means absolutely safe and reliable. Battery management system (BMS) enables voltage, temperature control and more advanced safeguards, no harmful to your digital devices. Built-in LED flashlights have two models of light for power outage or emergency case such as hurricane supplies (strobe and normal-lit, bright enough to see 50 feet away); indicator lights show the residual battery capacity
- 【WARRANTY】 SUAOKI brand seller offers 7*24 friendly customer service, 30 days money back guarantee, 24 months warranty, life time support. What you get: SUAOKI S270 portable power station, 3 types of mentioned charging cable (AC plug, car cigarette plug, solar panel cable), DC to car cigarette female socket, multilingual user guide, service card
Now that you have a little bit of information about each generator and their benefits, we hope that you find it easier to make a decision on which one you should purchase! They are all fantastic options, so make sure that you choose the one best suited to your individual needs. Good luck with choosing your new solar generator!