The Top 5 Snowboard Pants Reviewed
When you’re snowboarding, waterproof clothing is a must.
Whether you’re falling a lot or staying up on your board, there’s no point getting soaked when you don’t have to. Of course, staying warm is essential too, and even though you’re doing something active you should still have the right clothing to keep you warm.
Snowboarding pants are an essential item if you’re a snowboarder, and they’re also excellent for skiing and other snow sports. A good pair of snowboard pants will help to keep you warm and dry, but should also allow you to move freely and comfortably.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Snowboard Pants is the Burton Men’s Insulated Covert Pant.
Best Snowboard Pants
To find the right pair of snowboard pants, you need a pair that fits you well. They should feel comfortable without being too loose, and you might want to be able to fit them over a thermal underlayer for extra warmth.
Your snowboard pants need to keep you warm and dry, and you might be looking for a windproof design too, so that the cold air won’t simply go through them. Of course, style is important too, so don’t forget to check out some different shapes and colors to find the right pair.
Whether you want your pants for snowboarding or for other winter activities, take a look at the options below.
One potential issue with snowboard pants is that you need them to be long enough to wear with your snowboard boots, but this can make them too long to wear with regular shoes. However, with these pants from Burton, you can use the reinforced cuffs with elevators to avoid dragging and the hems turning to tatters when you’re walking around. These pants feature fully taped seams so that you get a complete seal again cold weather, and the Thermolite insulation has hollow core fibers to trap warm air. There’s also a larger surface area to help evaporate moisture so you won’t end up cold and wet. The insulation is mesh lined for cool venting too.
The cargo pockets in these pants are perfect for helping you to carry some of your essentials. As well as keeping your phone or wallet with you, you also have the hand warmer pockets available so that you keep your hands nice and toasty at the same time if you don’t have ski gloves. These pants are designed to keep you dry but also ensure that you don’t get too warm on sunny and active days.
With six different sizes available and a wide choice of colors, you can get just the fit and the style that you’re looking for. These snowboard pants have classic fit for a sleek look, keeping you comfortable, warm and dry while you’re snowboarding and doing other snow sports too.
- DRYRIDE two-layer fabric [10,000MM, 10,000G] is waterproof and breathable for outstanding weather protection
- Living Lining mapped with THERMOLITE, taffeta, and mesh regulates body temperature, adapting to ups and downs of your activity
- Fully taped seams seal out foul weather; Zippered cargo pockets for storage
- Mesh-lined Test-I-Cool venting for breathability
- Standard pant features include: Pocket key clip, expandable cuffs, and integrated waist adjustment
These comfortable waterproof snow pants are breathable, and also feature reinforced seams to ensure warmth and dryness. The exterior adjustable waist is ideal for anyone who wants to ensure the perfect fit, and make sure that they can comfortable move around as well as fit their other layers under and over their pants. The lower leg snap gussets also help to give a better fit, and the modern classic style gives a comfortable fit that works for most people.
The waterproof fabric is made with nylon legacy twill, a polyester tricot lining and polyester Microtemp insulation. All of the materials are designed to provide waterproofing and insulation for a warm and dry wear. Using thermal-reflective Omni-Tech fabric, the pants are designed to retain heat. They keep out wind, snow and rain while remaining breathable and comfortable. Zippered hand pockets give you somewhere to put your things or to keep your hands warm.
These Columbia pants come in multiple sizes, with different waist sizes and inseam lengths. You can also choose from a number of colors to get the style that you’re looking for on the slopes. Regular and short leg lengths ensure you don’t have to deal with pants that are too long. Wear these pants for snowboarding, skiing, hiking with snowshoes, or a range of other sports when you need to stay warm and dry in the snow.
- COMFORTABLE WATERPROOF MEN'S PANTS: Perfect for skiers, snowboarders, and mountain climbers, the Columbia Men's Bugaboo II pants are comfortable, waterproof, breathable, and critically seam-sealed.
- EXTERIOR ADJUSTABLE WAIST: These Columbia waterproof outdoor pants for men are made with a modern classic or regular fit. For precision fitting, these snowboard pants are engineered with an exterior adjustable waist.
- MADE FOR EXTREME ELEMENTS: Our imported winter waterproof pants are made with advanced technology materials, including 100% nylon legacy twill, a 100% polyester tricot lining, and 100% polyester 40g Microtemp insulation
- MULTIPLE CONVENIENT FEATURES: These men's winter pants are engineered with multiple convenient features, including zippered hand pockets, an internal leg gaiter, and lower leg snap gussets.
- OMNI-TECH: This proprietary technology provides air-permeable protection that's waterproof and breathable, keeping mother nature's elements out, at the same time allowing the inside to breathe, keeping you dry and comfortable no matter the conditions.
Sometimes you want to make sure you have a good seal between your different garments so that you can stay as dry as possible and keep cold air from getting between your layers. These Quicksilver pants have a jacket-to-pant attachment system so that you can feel secure in your outfit. Attach your heated jacket and pants together and you can keep out the wind and prevent moisture soaking through any gaps. These pants also have an inside waist adjuster so you can adjust them to get the right fit and wear them comfortably.
You get critically taped seams with these pants, giving you the knowledge that you’re safe from the cold and wet. They’re designed with 10k Quiksilver dry flight waterproofing technology to keep you dry at all times and have warm flight insulation. The mesh lined venting ensures that you don’t overheat, keeping you warm but making sure you’re not too warm. The pants feature a cargo pocket and even a special lift ticket holder, so you can always be sure that you have your pass for the lifts when you hit the slopes.
These snowboard pants are tailored in a regular fit, and available in five different colors, as well as sizes from XS to XXL. You can move freely in them, and they look sharp too. These snowboard pants offer a comfortable option for men that will protect you in the snow and provide quality too.
- Features: critically taped seams
- Jacket-to-pant attachment system with inside waist adjuster
- Lift ticket holder
- Cargo pocket
- Mesh lined venting
If you’re looking for a unisex option for your snowboard pants, these snow pants from Lucky Burns come in a range of sizes to suit many. Available from XS to 3XL, the waist goes from 26″ all the way up to 38″. The adjustable waist helps you to get a comfortable fit, and you can easily order a few different sizes for all the family so that anyone can grab a pair when they want to go out in the snow. These pants have elastic ankles, ideal for keeping out the snow and for tucking into your boots for extra protection. Seat, knee and ankle reinforcements make the pants durable and perfect for all kinds of activities.
The water-resistant material will keep you dry and warm, using insulated polyester to provide a warm outer layer. Fleece-lined pockets are great for your hands, and the zipper pulls are designed to be glove friendly so that you can easily access your pockets when you’re wearing gloves or mittens. A D-ring gives you a convenient place to attach your gloves, your ski pass, ski helmet, or anything else that you might want to keep close and accessible. The belt loops hold a belt up to 1.75″ and are also a convenient place to clip on anything useful.
These black pants are a good choice if you want to keep some spare pairs on hand for your family or perhaps in your vacation home. Even rental companies and businesses might want to consider them as a pant that they can provide for customers.
- Material and Features : Liner - nylon taffeta slides on easily over layers features insulation - synthetic polyester to retain heat
- ELASTIC ANKLES KEEP THE SNOW OUT - Stay dry while you're trudging through snow. These pants have snug elastic ankles that form a secure fit to help keep out the cold winter air.
- SEAT, KNEE, AND ANKLE REINFORCEMENTS PROVIDE DURABILITY - These are pants that won't wear out while you're staying active. The fabric is reinforced at the ankles, knees, and seat for ultimate durability and longevity.
- STASH ESSENTIALS IN THE ZIPPER POCKETS - Got some spare gloves, hand warmers, or a set of keys? Keep them secure in the handy zipper pockets. Whatever you need to stash will stay safe and dry.
- WATER-RESISTANT MATERIAL KEEPS YOU WARM AND DRY - Snow, ice, rain, and wet conditions are no problem in these pants. You'll stay dry, cozy, and comfortable while you're out in the elements and playing in the snow with your family.
The breathable ThermaLock coating on this snowboard cargo pants offers warmth by locking in heat but also ensure you don’t overheat and get too sweaty thanks to the breathable nature. You don’t need to worry about getting wet with the durable water repellent finish, which repels water to keep you dry. The mesh-lined interior and articulated knees offer an excellent range of motion, and the lack of insulation allows you to add any underlayers that you want to wear. The ankles are reinforced with tough fabric and the pants are designed to stand up to wear and tear to make them longer lasting.
Get your perfect fit with the adjustable waist and use the boot gaiters with grippers to get seamless integration with your boots. You can stop water and cold getting into your boots and prevent heat from escaping too. Boot zippers make it easy to get everything on and off, while an O-ring gives you somewhere to put your gloves, lift pass, keys or whatever else you need to take with you. These pants are designed to help you take on a range of different activities in snow and cold weather, including snowboarding and more.
Choose from small to XXL to get the right size in either black, denim or charcoal. They have a relaxed fit, which is great if you’re looking for something looser and with less of a tailored look. You get a good range of motion from them, and they’ll still help you to look good out on the slopes.
- Durable Water Repellent finish repels water from fabric surface; Duel Cargo Pockets
- Non-insulated with mesh-lined interior; Articulated knees for greater range of motion
- 600 Denier Ballistic are used to reinforce the ankle, scuff and hem guards to hold up against daily wear and tear
- Adjustable waist for comfortable fit; Boot Zippers for easy on and off, along with O-ring for keys, gloves, and/or lift tickets
- Boot Gaiters with Grippers form a seamless integration with boots to keep warmth in and moisture out
How To Buy Snowboard Pants
Here is a video talking about what you should look for when buying snowboard pants:
Find your perfect snowboard pants by thinking about what you want out of them. Of course, you want to stay warm and dry, but you might also consider the fit and the style that you’re looking for. You need a practical pair of snowboard pants, but you also want to look good while you’re on the slopes.