The Top 5 Snowboard Goggles Reviewed
Every snowboarder needs a good pair of snowboarding goggles that they can rely on while they’re on the slopes. The technology behind snowboard goggles is improving all the time, so it’s important that you select the goggles that are up to date and able to offer you the best new features. If it’s been a while since you upgraded your snowboard goggles and you’re not sure which products you should consider, we’re going to help you with that.
There are lots of goggles on the market that you should consider right now and if you make the right choice, you’ll feel the benefits when you’re out on the slopes. Of course, the very best snowboard goggles simply allow you to focus on the fun of snowboarding. When they do their job well, you don’t have to think about them all that much because they quietly do the things you need them to.
You can find out about 5 of the very best snowboard goggle products on the market right now. Each of them has plenty to offer and you can find out about them and their key features below. Read on now if you want to find out more about the goggles that might be right for you.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Snowboard Goggles are the Oakley Flight Deck.
Best Snowboard Goggles
These polycarbonate snowboard goggles use Prizm, which is a new lens technology that allows for clearer vision in a wide variety of environments. They look great and are available in a variety of striking colors for you to select. Here’s more about the key benefits that these goggles offer over the competition.
Minimized Frame Adds Comfort
The frame used the create the Oakley Flight Deck is very minimal and doesn’t create any extra pressure or discomfort on the user and that’s certainly the way it should be. Anything that provides you with extra comfort can only be a good thing for you.
Compatible with Prescription Eyewear
You can wear your usual prescription eyewear with these goggles, which is certainly a good thing for any glasses-wearers out there. It’s frustrating when you have to take your glasses off in order to be able to use your snowboard goggles, but that’s something you won’t have to worry about with this product.
Easy to Use with Helmets
These goggles also offer strong helmet compatibility which is a big bonus. Of course, you should expect this from a good pair of snowboard goggles, but there are still lots of products that don’t provide this. They can be used with glasses and all kinds of helmets, underlining their flexibility.
Wide Peripheral Vision
Being able to see all around you is obviously a big part of what your snowboard goggles need to be able to offer. These goggles can boast wide peripheral vision, as well as downward vision, so you should always be able to see what’s around you and be able to react to obstacles or environmental changes.
- Prizm is a revolutionary lens technology that fine-tunes vision for specific sports and environments. See what you've been missing
- Optically correct rimless lens design with F3 anti-fog Coating
- Discreet frame notches at temples provide compatibility with most prescription eyewear
- Ridge lock lens system for quick and easy lens changing and a complete lens Seal
- Rigid lens carrier with flexible o matter faceplate
SPY Optic Marshall snowboard goggles offer style and substance. They provide UV protection and are helmet compatible, as well as using patented Scoop ventilation to help ensure lens fogging doesn’t occur when you’re wearing the goggles. The best features of the goggles are described below.
The first thing you’ll notice about the SPY Optic Marshall snow goggles is the style they offer. They’ve very simple yet impressive in terms of how they’re designed and they’re available in a very wide variety of colors, which is never a bad thing. They’ll certainly help you look the part out on the snow.
Value for Money
These goggles are a lot cheaper than some of the other high-end options on the market right now, so you’ll get real value for your money if you do decide to choose these ones over the alternatives. No one wants to spend more than they need to and with the SPY Optic Marshall goggles, you won’t have to.
Frame Contours Offer Easy Comfort
These goggles have very flexible frame contours, which make them even more comfortable. Most importantly, they can fit all kinds of face shapes and offer a comfortable experience for most people, which can be a rare thing when looking for snowboard goggles.
Good Visibility in All Conditions
Good visibility is something that we should expect from snowboard goggles, but it can be harder to achieve than you might imagine. One of the things that users of these goggles mention most is the great visibility they offer, so you can be sure they won’t let you down in this department.
- Be in style on and off the slope with the Spy Optics Marshall.
- Flexible frame contours to most faces for a comfortable fit.
- Patented Scoop ventilation system to combat lens fogging.
- 5.5-base ARC spherical dual-lens system with anti-fog and anti-scratch protection.
- Triple-layer Isotron face foam featuring moisture-wicking Dri-Force fleece. Dual-adjustment, silicon-ribbed strap for an optimum fit. 100% UV protection. Helmet compatible. 'Rad Orange Bag' soft case included. Measurements:Eye Size: 181 mm Bridge: 21 mm Weight: 4 ozThis product may have a manufacturer's warranty. Please visit the manufacturer's website or contact us at email@example.com for full manufacturer warranty details.
3. Oakley O2 XL
As soon as you take a look at the Oakley O2 XL snowboard goggles, you know that they’ve been designed with style in mind, but that doesn’t mean functionality suffers. You wouldn’t expect anything less from Oakley. These goggles offer a great fit and real comfort; find out more about them below.
No one wants their lenses to fog up when they’re on the snow, but this is something that you should look out for when choosing goggles. The anti-fog lenses that come with the Oakley O2 XL avoid such problems and keep your lenses easy to see through.
Frames Conform to Your Face
Flexible O Matter frames are used and these conform to your face, offering a good fit that’s flexible and able to meet a variety of different needs. It means that you can be sure that your goggles are both comfortable and securely in place when you’re using them.
Triple-Layer Face Foam Fleece
That level of comfort is added to by the moisture-wicking triple-layer polar fleece foam that’s used in the design of these snowboard goggles. They place less strain on your face and keep things comfortable for as long as you’re out on the snow.
Comes with Microclear Bag
Looking after your new goggles is important and it’s easy to do that with the specially-woven microclear bag that comes with the Oakley O2 XL snow goggles. It makes it easy to store them and keep them clean when they’re not in use. It’ll also help to maintain the HDO of the lenses.
- Dual-vented lens with F2 anti-fog Coating
- Discreet frame notches at temples provide compatibility with most prescription eyewear
- Triple-layer face foam fleece to wick away sweat
- Flexible o matter frame conforms to your face for optimized comfort and fit
- Includes two impact resistant Lexan lenses
If you prioritize the ability to change out your lens as and when you need to, the WildHorn Outfitters Roca snowboard goggles are definitely worth your consideration. They’re ideal for anyone who enjoys that level of flexibility and ease of use, but they have plenty more to offer as well.
The materials used to make the WildHorn Outfitters Roca mean that they’re shatterproof and aren’t going to cause any issues in the case of an impact. Very strong poly-carbonate is used, making them resilient. You’ll be able to put your trust in these lenses in all circumstances.
Changeable Lens System
Of all the snow goggles on the market today, none offer a quicker way to change your lenses that the WildHorn Outfitters Roca goggles. They use a magnetic system with integrated clicks, allowing you to remove and replace lenses very quickly and without any problems at all.
Wide View Panoramic Lenses
The lenses are also wide view panoramic lenses, allowing you to see everything in front of you and around you when you’re on the snow and moving at speed. On top of that, they offer anti-fog, UV protection and anti-scratch properties, which are vital when you’re snowboarding.
All in all, the goggles, not just the lenses, are highly durable and able to withstand heavy usage. That’s something that has to be a good thing for you and it makes it possible for you to ensure your goggles remain in good condition and functional for a very long time to come.
- CHANGE YOUR LENS IN UNDER 60 SECONDS- Designed with six rare earth N45 magnets and an integrated clip locking system the Roca ski goggles can be quickly customized in seconds for optimal performance in almost any light condition. Simply swap out for one of our seven different Aurora lens options in a wide range of colors and tints. All lens options will be made available for separate purchase.
- EFFORTLESS PERFORMANCE / UNLIMITED STYLE- The Roca semi frameless snowboarding goggles were meticulously designed in Utah, home of the greatest snow on earth, to offer unparalleled performance, versatility, comfort and style for all levels. Designed by skiers and snowboarders for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. We offer a youth size in various colors for boys and girls so they can also ride the winter slopes in style!
- AURORA LENS TECHNOLOGY- Don't ruin your skiing or snowboarding trip with a sub par lens. Our WIDE VIEW panoramic spherical dual lens design with premium Anti-Fog & Anti-Scratch coating allow you to see the terrain in any light condition without distortion while also protecting your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays.
- DON'T LOSE YOUR LENS- Unlike most magnetic goggles on the market, the Roca features an easy side-clip locking system designed to hold the lens in place in the event of a gnarly crash. The lens will also stay securely in place when you remove them from your face to take a break from shredding the slopes.
- NEARLY INDESTRUCTIBLE YET COMFORTABLE- The Roca goggle frame is made from super durable Thermoplastic Urethane Polymer material with a premium soft touch anti slip coating. We use only the highest grade of triple layer foam for maximum comfort on your face. The lens is made from shatterproof ultra strong poly-carbonate material. These goggles can hold up under the most extreme outdoor conditions.
OutdoorMaster Ski Goggles PRO offer a frameless design and interchangeable lenses and a range of appealing design features and functions. As well as that, they look great and there are 20 different colors available so you can tailor your look exactly how you want to. Here’s more about what these goggles can offer.
Unobstructed View with a Frameless Design
The spherical, frameless design of the OutdoorMaster Ski Goggles PRO is not to be ignored. If you’re not able to get an unobstructed view from your snow goggles, they’re not very useful. But that’s not something you’ll have to worry about here because the view on offer is great.
Change Lenses Depending on Conditions
These goggles also possess an interchangeable lens system, making it easy to switch out your lenses when your needs changes and when you want something else from your goggles. Conditions can change and that’s when you might need to get something different from your lenses.
Universal Compatibility with Helmets
You’ll also have universal compatibility with helmets which is a nice feature that makes your life that little bit simpler. You won’t have to worry about your helmet causing a problem for your goggles or vice versa.
Wear Them Comfortably Over Your Glasses
You can also wear them very comfortably over your glasses if you need to, and they’re very comfortable in gneral. The OTG design is very impressive and there are also anti-fog and UV400 protection features in place too.
- PERFORMANCE SKI GOGGLES WITH FRAMELESS DESIGN - Large spherical, frameless lens provides a truly unobstructed & clear view of the slopes. Designed for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE & COMFORT.
- INTERCHANGEABLE LENS SYSTEM - Enjoy a wide range of extra lenses. Swap for day/night & different weather conditions. CHOOSE AMONG 20+ DIFFERENT LENSES. Extra lenses sold separately.
- OTG (OVER-THE-GLASSES) DESIGN - The Ski Goggles PRO features an OTG design that lets you wear your glasses under the goggles. All lenses are ANTI-FOG COATED & offers 100% UV400 PROTECTION.
- UNIVERSAL HELMET COMPATIBILITY - Extra long elastic strap ensures GREAT HELMET COMPATIBILITY with all helmets. Suitable for both adults & teens.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 x OutdoorMaster Ski Goggles PRO, 1 x Protective Case, 1 x Carrying Pouch, and our CUSTOMER-FAVORITE 1 YEAR WARRANTY and friendly customer service.
How To Choose Snowboard Goggles
Here is a great YouTube video explaining what you need to know about snowboard goggles, including sizing, ventilation, lens quality, and more: