The Top 5 Ski Gloves Reviewed
Ski gloves are a must have for anyone who enjoys spending their time doing winter sports. When you’re in the snow, it’s vital that you stay warm, and even doing something very active like skiing or snowboarding isn’t always enough to keep you as warm as you need to be. Your hands and feet are one of the most important things to protect because they’re vulnerable to frostbite if it gets too cold. A good pair of ski gloves helps to protect your hands and fingers, while still allowing you grip onto ski poles or anything else that you might need to hold.
Ski gloves give you more protection than standard winter gloves. They’re padded and waterproof, and sometimes windproof, protecting you from the cold and wet of ice and snow. Some of the features you might want to look for include long cuffs so that you can pull your gloves over your wrists and clips so that you can avoid losing your gloves by clipping them onto your other clothes, a bag or something else. Finding a good fit is important because you don’t want them to be so bulky that you can’t move your hands.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Ski Gloves are the Hestra Ski Gloves.
Best Ski Gloves
Take a look at these possible choices for your next pair of ski gloves so that you can be comfortable on the slopes.
Get yourself a pair of Hestra ski gloves in one of a number of colors, including red, black, green and blue. These longer gloves are ideal for anyone looking for some extra protection. Because they come down over your wrists, you can tuck them under or over your jacket or ski suit to prevent snow and the wind from getting in. This makes them ideal for people who ski on powder snow a lot. Filled with polyester insulation fiberfill, these gloves will keep your hands warm on the slopes, especially combined with the windproof and waterproof material. The leather offers extra warmth, and you can treat it with leather conditioner before wearing the gloves to help you keep your hands warm and dry.
You can choose from a range of sizes for these unisex gloves. Find the right size for you, starting at a small size 6 and going up to larger sizes, making them suitable for men and women. Getting the right size ensures more warmth because you won’t have too much air in your gloves, and you’ll still have the dexterity that gloves give you compared to mittens. These gloves benefit from elastic on the cuff so that you can gather them in and get a good seal. You can remove the liners and use them with other Hestra liners too, plus you can attach your gloves to jacket to avoid losing them.
These gloves are a classic design from Hestra that have a good fit and are sure to keep you warm.
- DESIGNED FOR: The Army Leather Heli Ski was designed for freeriders, professional mountain guides and patrollers, ski instructors and others who place high demands on function, fit and durability.
- DURABLE FABRIC: Windproof, waterproof, and breathable HESTRA Triton fabric on backhand with our most durable Army Goat Leather on palm and fingers.
- RETAIN WARMTH: Holding heat even in wet conditions, this glove is made from a very thin polyester fiber with exceptionally high insulating capacity.
- PRACTICAL CONSTRUCTION: The 5-finger design gives this glove the highest dexterity in the Heli Ski family. Its soft and cozy lining is removable and can be combined with other liners for greater adaptability in varying conditions.
- CONVENIENT FEATURES: This glove features an elastic strap with Velcro closure for easy accessibility, a snow lock to keep the cold out and heat in, and an Eagle Grip design that follows your hand’s natural curve to give a closer, more comfortable grip.
Gore-Tex helps to waterproof ski gloves while helping to keep them breathable. These Burton gloves feature Gore-Tex to keep your hands dry. Inside, they also have a brushed microfiber lining to help keep moisture away so that it doesn’t steal heat from your hands. These gloves are made with an ergonomic, pre-curved fit so that you can keep your hands warm while still having the dexterity to do what you need to do. They’re also compatible with touchscreens, so you can use your phone, GPS or other gadgets without having to take off your gloves. The non-slip grip palm makes it easy to hold onto anything you need to, from snowshoes to poles and more.
Available from XS to XXL, these gloves are suitable for both men and women and a large range of hand sizes. They’re windproof, waterproof and highly insulated but still breathable for ultimate comfort. The removable four-way stretch fleece liner is quick to dry, and gives you flexible options for any weather. You can wear just the liner or just the shell or both, depending on what you’re using the gloves for and if you need the waterproof protection and the insulation.
These gloves have a removable wrist leash so that you can keep them safe while wearing them, or take the leash off if you think it will get in the way. The long style gives you good coverage and the wrist straps mean you can block out cold air too.
- DRYRIDE two-layer fabric with Gore warm technology offers a dry and breathable level of performance
- Screen Grab Toughgrip palm won't fray or wear out and features built-in touchscreen-compatible technology
- Brushed microfiber fixed lining with Thermacore insulation keeps hands warm while limiting bulk; Comfortable ergonomic fit
- Removable four-way stretch DRYRIDE Thermex liner provides amplified warmth and versatility; Sticky Icky grip palm offers a firm handle for securing any tool
- Hidden heater/vent pocket can hold a disposable hand warmer or provide ventilation; Removable wrist leash
These Carhartt men’s gloves have FastDry technology to help keep your hands dry by wicking away sweat. The waterproof insert and durable polytex shell offer further protection for dry hands, and the polyester lining keeps you warm too. With a reinforced polyurethane palm, you get a great grip and plenty of strength from your gloves. The sleeve at the wrist keeps warm air in and cold air out, preventing gaps that let in the cold. You can adjust the fit at the wrists for even more protection and a better fit, and choose from S to XXL to get the right size.
Offering warmth even in the coldest weather, these gloves come from a top outdoor clothing brand. The sizes range from a 7.5-8″ hand circumference, all the way to 11-12″, giving even people with larger hands an option for keeping their hands warm. They are well-padded but still suitable for tasks when you might need some control over your hands and fingers, from skiing to shoveling snow. While they’re a men’s glove, the range of sizes means they could be suitable for many women too.
Choose these gloves if you’re looking for a warm pair that offers an affordable option. These smart gloves are available in several colors, so choose the style that suits you best. You can buy them in black, black and grey or brown and black for gloves that will match almost anything.
- Durable polytex shell
- FastDry technology lining wicks away sweat for comfort
- Waterproof insert
- Reinforced polyurethane (PU) palm
If you’re looking for a sleek pair of ski gloves, look no further than this pair from MCTi. They’re made from windproof polyester with thinsulate and cotton, and waterproof TPU for a warm and dry wear. The softshell with three layers keeps out wind and snow and the waterproof membrane insert helps to keep your hands dry too. The lining is soft and comfortable for a snug fit. Reinforced rubber fingers protect your hands but still allow a flexible grip.
These gloves have the benefit of a zippered pocket, which is ideal for keeping small items like keys or even ID cards or cash. It’s a handy thing to have on the slopes when you might not want to have too much stuff in pockets or carry a bag, but you do want to be able to pay for your apres-ski drinks. You could also use the pockets for a hand warmer so you get extra warmth in colder weather. Adjust the closure and the wrist strap to get a good seal and keep out the wind and cold when you’re wearing these gloves.
You can keep your hands warm in temperatures down to about 10 degrees. Connect the lining to the fingers so that you don’t have to worry about pulling the lining out when you take them off. There are connecting clips too so that you can keep the pair together or clip them to your other clothing.
- 3M Thinsulate Insulation: The gloves are insulated with 40 grams 3m thinsulate and 140 grams warm cotton.It is thick enough to keep hands warmth in cold chilly weather in skiing, snowboarding, winter riding, hiking and other snowsports etc.
- Waterproof and Windproof Function: The composite three-layers softshell prevents cold wind and snows outside in riding and skiing. The insert waterproof TPU membrane provides entirely guards to keep hands dry in long time snowsports at outdoors. It's better to air dry for a while if sweats a lot.
- Wear Resistance: Soft full covered Nuback palm and reinforced rubber fingers ensures strong and flexiable hand grip in skis. Nose wipe fabric is available in the thumb finger. It is multifuctional and durable to use in winter sports.
- Zipper Pocket and Custom Fit: The pocket is easy to carry keys, ID cards or litter cashes as well as smaller size gloves warmers. The adjustable buckle wrist strap and the drawstring closure is effectively prevents against cold air outside.
- Comfortable Lining and Great Gifts: The lining is very soft and comfortable for skin touch. It will be a great gift for your familes, friends and workmates to play together in winter sports!
These soft and comfortable gloves from AKASO have a warm thinsulate insulation layer and cotton to help retain heat. The outer shell is treated with a water repellent finish and the gloves are breathable to allow for sweat to escape. PU palms add extra grip for skiers or anyone else who needs a solid pair of gloves, offering durable grips that area ideal for holding your ski poles, carrying your ski helmet, and more. Keep warm with the moisture-wicking fleece lining and use the elastic wrist cord and drawstring closure for a close fit that keeps out the cold.
Your hands will stay warm and dry thanks to the windproof and waterproof design of these winter ski gloves. The thinsulate offers twice the warmth of other material so that you can be confident that your hands will be protected in cold conditions.
These warm and comfortable gloves are ideal for skiing, as well as for other snow sports and winter activities. Keep your gloves together when you’re not wearing them with the buckles on the side to make them easier to carry. You can choose from small, medium or large to get the right fit, and there are both black and red options available too. Keep your hands as warm as possible with these comfortable gloves that have superior heat retention.
- WARM & COMFORTABLE - 3M Thinsulate insulation, which provides nearly twice the warmth of other material, and polyester ensure maximum heat retention while remaining thin and light for optimal dexterity.
- WATERPROOF & BREATHABLE - The snow gloves shell exteriors are treated with a durable water repellent (DWR) finish; Fan-Tex membranes keep soggy elements out while letting sweat vapor escape, ensuring dry comfort at all conditions.This makes them great for those sunny winter days during which they will keep your hands warm without making you feel too hot.
- CREATIVE DESIGN - Snowboarding gloves elastic wrist cord and adjustable drawstring closure can prevent snow and cold air from creeping in; Anti-lost buckles keep gloves together when not wearing.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES - Durable and grippy PU palms,the anti-slip layer at the inside of your palm and fingertips allow you to comfortable hold items in the snow. Soft moisture-wicking fleece lining. Perfect for downhill skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering, snowmobiling, playing and working in snow.
- Please refer to our size chart for fitting instructions. Got a problem? Let us know! We are always here to help.
Ski Gloves Vs. Mittens
Here is a video comparing and contrasting snow gloves and mittens:
Choose from this selection of great ski gloves to protect your hands when you’re skiing, snowboarding, playing ice hockey or whatever you decide to do in the snow. A good pair of gloves is essential to ensure your hands stay warm, so take your time choosing the best ones. You need gloves that are warm, waterproof and feel comfortable to wear. If you really want to keep warm you should also look into a quality pair of snowboard pants, a good base layer, and a heated jacket.