The Top 7 RV Washer Dryer Combos Reviewed
You want to go out in your camper but also don’t want to spend valuable hours washing clothes at a laundromat, so now you are on the hunt, a combo washer, and dryer. Not only can a combo washer and dryer cut down on space, but they require less work as you don’t need to take the clothes out and switch to a new machine.
However, combo machines aren’t as effective as conventional washers and driers, especially if you need a ventless dryer. We searched the web to find you the best options available from the few options on the market, including a couple of washer dryer options that aren’t integrated but offer a better price for those on a budget. Take a look and stay on to get a few questions answered after.
The Best RV Washer Dryer Combos
The best option for a washer dryer combo for your RV is the Equator 2019 24-inch Combo Washer Dryer Ch. Gold Winterize+Quiet. You will want to buy it fast as they sell fast, or you may be stuck waiting for more to come in stock. Although, they come in several different colors so you could simply change to a less preferred color of which you get for along with a beautifully modern streamline design.
What makes this the best and why it disappears so quickly from shelves is the quiet and easy function of the combo machine. RVer’s love it because they can winterize the unit for the months they do not use their camper. With both a washer and a dryer all in one compact size, you can wash clothes on the go without taking up more space than necessary.
This model offers an easy-to-use control panel with a color-coded LED display. It uses dual fans for faster drying and even uses auto water level and auto dry level. You can also pick an optional sensor or time dry or even a quick refresh function. All these functions and the machine can hold 13 pounds of clothing or towels.
As for measurements, the Equator measures 22 x 23.5 x 33.5 inches and weighs 161 pounds with 1,200 RPMs. Its two-step operation operates with energy and time-saving features with a convertible venting/condensing drying system. Finally, it comes with a one year warranty for parts and labor. It comes with multiple wash and dry functions to get the exact clean you need.
- Brought to you by Equator Advanced Appliances pioneer in Combo Washer Dryers since 1991. Winner of Global Innovation Award, Tec Home Brilliance Award, ADEX Platinum Award for Design Excellence and Twice VIP Award for High efficiency washers.
- All-in-one unit combines a washer and dryer into a compact size to take up minimal floor space Convertible Venting/Condensing drying at the touch of a button
- Redesigned control panel with an easy-to-read color coded LED display. Maximum spin speed of up to 1,200 RPM and Dual fans for efficient faster drying
- Delay wash allows you to set the washer to begin up to 24 hours later for added convenience and flexibility Winterize feature - Specially for RV use. Quiet feature
- The only Combo Washer Dryer available in the color Champagne Gold. Limited period at lower retails.
The Splendide WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer/Dryer offers a great value with high ratings. This 1200RPM duo machine can wash and dry 11 pounds of clothing in one load, all with super quiet technology. It’s not an eyesore either with a front load and a simple knob style control panel. Although, it only comes in the one color, white, making it slightly boring in comparison to the option above.
Size-wise, the combo washer/dryer measures 23.5 x 22.6 x 33.1, making I compact in comparison to conventional machines. It’s lighter than the Equator above, too, at just 145 pounds. While in use, the machine displays the cycle status in minutes and automatically adjust the water level for maximum efficiency.
An extra-wide door makes opening and loading easier, even in the tight spaces like your camper. The machine offers ten wash cycles, three dry cycles, and a dry time selector. You can also choose extra options like water temp, low heat, low spin, and extra rinse for a tailored clean for your clothing. Some of the other benefits include an automatic balance system and an impulse spin technology.
Moreover, the washer/dryer combo is built for RV’s and life on the road with heavy-duty springs, shock absorbers, and a durable stainless steel drum along with a vented dryer. The machine can handle heavy materials, cotton, wool, silk, delicates, and more to make your life easier on the go. Also, it comes with space for detergent, bleach, and fabric softener.
Lastly, while the system is easy to install in your camper, it does come with a couple of issues. First, the vented system can cause hot steam inside and around the camper. It also doesn’t have a lint trap, meaning you need to hunt for it around the rubber seal. If you overload the machine, it won’t dry well, but this is true for all dryers. None of these are deal-breakers, as this is still one of the best options on the market.
- Max Spin: 1200 RPM; Cycle: 10 wash/3 dry
- Max Wash Capacity: 15 lbs.; Max Dry Capacity: 11 lbs.
- Super-silent technology
- Built-tough for RV and Marine use
- Dimensions: 33-1/8" Height x 23-1/2" Width x 22-5/8" Depth
The LG WM3488HW 24-inch Washer/Dryer Combo offers options to people who do not have the option of vented drying. LG is well known for quality appliances and now makes an option you can fit into your motorhome without stealing all of your precious space. While LG makes several models of combination washer and dryers, the WM3488 offers the best value, function, and ratings making it the best option in brand.
Get 2.3 cubic feet of space for washing clothes, bedding, or towels with a large capacity so you can spend less time washing and more time enjoying the outdoors. Even better, the ventless dryer gives you options if your motorhome isn’t set up with a vent, and you don’t have a desire to add one in. Instead, it uses ventless condensation to dry clothes similar to options available in daily use in Europe and other countries.
The combo machine offers a smarter way to wash your cloth items with trademarked 6Motion Technology that allows for six different wash motions, including rolling, stepping, scrub, tumble, filtration, and swing to get the best wash possible. Another feature not seen on the options above is a self-clean cycle called TubClean Cycle for easy maintenance for a clean washer and dryer.
Furthermore, the dryer can run for up to 120 minutes continuously, and you drain the water from the little insert tray on the bottom right side of the streamlined design. The easy to read dial-a-cycle display panel makes usage easy as do the nine different cycles. One thing you should know is ventless dryers do not dry as efficiently and can leave clothes damp and wrinkled.
While the Panda Compact Washer is separate from the Panda Compact Dryer, they could be the perfect and affordable option for your camper. Mind you, you will need space for both as this is not an all-in-one set, but decent options for combo machines are few, leaving separate machines as the next best option. Both designs save space compared to a conventional set making washing on the go a viable option instead of going to a laundromat.
Let’s start with the washing machine, which has a small capacity of 1.54 cubic feet or a 12-pound load of cloth items. The small size of the unit measures smaller than the other option at 20 x 19.5 x 35 inches and a height of 41 inches when the folding lid is open. All of the controls are on top and it allows easy use with status updates on the LED display and 8 wash settings. Moreover, it’s portable, lightweight, and you can attach it to your faucet if needed.
Moving on to the dryer, it’s almost as affordable as the washer with both purchased without going into four-digit prices. It has a capacity of 3.5 cubic feet and measures a slight 23.5 x 22.5 x 27.5. To fit both the washer and dryer, you will need a dedicated space for both as the washer is a top load so they cannot be stacked. Although the dryer is a front-load so you could use it as a tabletop too to multi-task your space.
The controls for the dryer are on the bottom, making this slightly difficult to use unless you place it on a counter or mount to a wall. Like the washer, it has a stainless steel drum and a 120-volt three-prong plug. The dryer weighs 48 pounds and the washer 55, meaning the combo saves you weigh compared to combos. Finally, you can dry for up to 200 minutes on hot, cool, or air dry and even in eco mode to save on power.
- It is a space-saving design which makes your laundry easy and simple. It is perfect for Apartment, RV, Vacation Home, Dorm, and second washer for your house.
- Lager size 1.54 cu.ft capacity allows you to hold up to 12lbs. of cloth, timeless design, portable and lightweight to carry around, regular 3 prongs 110 Voltage which can be plugged anywhere.
- Electronic controls with LED display. 8 washing programs and 4 water levels, Stainless steel drum is durable and resists rust and chipping.
- Connect the washer directly to your faucet with the included quick connect adapter kit and hoses.
Another price-friendly option is the Giantex Full-Automatic Washing Machine that happens to be both compact and portable too. Note, this item is not available for sale in California. This option has a smaller capacity at 9.92 pounds at one time and comes with a guide to help you gauge how much you can wash.
The 51-pound machine measures a small 19.7 x 19.8 x 33.6 inches with a top-loading stainless steel drum. It’s the perfect size for washing small loads on the go without the need for a laundromat. Next, it has built-in automatic imbalance adjustment, so your camper won’t feel like a rocket ship trying to land while working!
An LED screen displays the timer, and easy buttons help you set the machine to your specification. It comes with ten programs and eight water level selections. Several customers complained about the quality of the plastic body of the front-load machine. However, you can hook it up to. Your faucet for easy use and take up less space as well use it in your apartment or other smaller spaces when not using in your RV.
- 〖This Product Is Not for Sale in California〗- On the control panel are there ten programs, 8 water level selections and LED display. All functions and operation including water level/spin, program/delay, time set and child lock are listed clearly. Detergent and procedure choice are also included to meet your various needs.
- 〖Compact Design & Large Load Capacity〗- Giantex washing machine is compact and lightweight for you to easily move it in your home. But the honeycomb shaped inner tub can load 9.92 lbs at one time and wash many clothes for you. In manual, we also listed reference weight of various clothes.
- 〖Time and Water Level Control〗- Under delay function, previous to washing, the digital timer shows your preset time but when it is washing, the digital timer shows the rest washing time. Pressing water level/spin button, you can select appropriate level. If you need to add water during washing, you can press water level/spin button and un-press will stop adding.
- 〖Easy and Safe to Operate & Monitor〗- With detailed and specific manual, it is easy and convenient for you to operate it and inlet and drain water. Clear and transparent lid allows you to see and monitor the water and washing condition. Once child lock function is set, all buttons are locked and the machine stops run and error alarms if the top lid is opened.
- 〖Multifunctional Control Panel〗- Automatic Imbalance Adjustment and Adjustable Foot. While spinning, if the laundries inside the tub are not put equally, it would cause violent vibration. At this time, our washing machine’s imbalance adjustment function will start automatically to adjust the imbalance situation if vibration is beyond certain level. Bottom feet can be adjusted to meet your needs.
Giantex doesn’t make a coordinating dryer for their washer, but the hOmeLabs 2.6 Cubic Feet Compact Laundry Dryer offers a ton of value and can pair up with the washer above. However, this option has a lower capacity than the Panda dryer, although it has a similar setup. The tiny dryer provides 2.6 cubic feet of space with 1400 watts of drying power.
With the ability to dry 9 pounds of clothes and an easy-view window, you can wash not matter where you go. It also comes with a stainless steel tub to resists scratches and nicks on your laundry. Customize the dryer settings with three easy to use controls and multiple settings, including cool down—all these with a beautiful minimalist design.
The machine can heat continuously for up to 180 minutes with energy efficiency, and quiet tumbling low enough you can still sleep even with it running. It comes with an advanced lint filter to easily clean it out and remove fire risks. Finally, the unit measures a tiny 23.28 x 17.91 x 27.16 inches so it can fit in the camper without too much issue depending on the size of the mobile home. It also has a handle so you can move the machine around easily.
- ELECTRIC FRONT LOAD CLOTHES DRYER - This front-loading electric clothes dryer is up for tackling almost anything your family can throw at it, and features a spacious 2.6 cubic feet capacity and dries up to 9lbs of clothing. An integrated viewing window and a high quality stainless steel tub resists nicks and scratches and boasts the smoothest finish
- LAUNDRY DAY YOUR WAY - Customize the settings for each load with 3 easy to navigate and highly responsive mechanical controls downside for versatile clothing care options. Settings includes Cool Down which cools the items for 0-20 mins, Heat Dry which dries items and continuous heating up to 180 mins under timer mode and Air Dry which runs with cool air for 0-80 mins
- ENERGY EFFICIENT & QUIET TUMBLING - Equipped with a technologically advanced lint filter that is easy to clean to work efficiently and automatic shutoff to save energy. It also formulated for quiet drying, allowing it to run while you’re sleeping or going about your daily routine without interruption
- HIGH-POWERED DRYING MACHINE - Our ultimate space-saving dryer has the performance and innovative technology that guarantees faster drying time than other compact dryers in the market. Thanks to its 1400 watts of drying power with 120V and 60Hz electric mechanism, you have the luxury of drying your clothes for a short time
- PORTABLE APARTMENT SIZE TUMBLE DRYER - Gone are the days of bulky, heavy laundry dryers. Say hello to this compact laundry dryer that is sized 23.28 x 17.91 x 27.16 inch to perfectly fit your apartment, dorm room and the little corner of the house. Designed with a handle to move the machine freely and built with iron sheet body for that modern look
The last option has lower ratings but also a lower price and maybe the better choice for lower budgets. With the BestAppliance Combination TurboWash Laundry System, you get a reliable capacity machine that can wash and dry your clothes all in one machine in a space-saving design. It’s also easy to assemble and offers a ventless drying system for mobile homes that do not have built-in venting.
As this offers dual-function, it can both wash your clothes and then dry without the need for two machines, and it takes less space than conventional machines as it only measures 23 x 23 x 34 inches. It also has an easy to read LED screen and a knob setting design. As for drying, the machine has a built-in 360-degree circulating hot air ability that can even remove odors while drying and fluffing clothing.
Operation is easy as well, with multiple functions available and water condensation drying technology. Moreover, it has an energy-saving motor to save you money. However, you will have to deal with a louder machine and damp clothing because of the ventless condensation. Others said the machine has a short life, and the company is hard to contact.
- ✔【RELIABLE CAPACITY】: Our Washer/Dryer Combo has super capacity. It is recommended to wash 11 pounds of clothes and dry 11 pounds of clothes to achieve the best effect. The Washer/Dryer Combo adopts fast drying technology to remove excess water and make clothes clean and smooth. Our Washer/Dryer Combo can intelligently control the temperature to prevent excessive drying. Compact Washer/Dryer Combo Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer
- ✔【SPACE SAVING DESIGN】: The Washer/Dryer Combo is light in weight and easy to move. Washing machine with frequency conversion and energy saving technology, low carbon environmental protection without mute. Our Washer/Dryer Combo has a variety of washing procedures, classified washing, so that you can wear comfortable and healthy. Washer/Dryer Combo Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer Compact
- ✔【EASY ASSEMBLE】: Our Washer/Dryer Combo does not need complicated installation. Just connect the power supply of the washing machine and insert the drain pipe. A compact Washer/Dryer Combo saves you space. Product Dimensions: W*D*H(inch): 23*23*34. Washer/Dryer Combo Compact Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer
- ✔【DUAL FUNCTION】: Our Washer/Dryer Combo have built-in strong motors to make washing faster and more thorough. The built-in 360 degree circulating hot air Washer/Dryer Combo can remove odor and make clothes fluffy and dry. Humanized design of Washer/Dryer Combo, built-in temperature sensor, to avoid overheating damage to clothing. Washer/Dryer Combo Electric Compact Laundry Dryer and Washer
- ✔【EASY OPERATION】: Washing machine uses high-definition LED touch screen, smooth touch. The washing machine with various washing procedures can meet different washing needs. Washing machine uses water condensation drying technology, clean and comfortable, refreshing and comfortable. Washer/Dryer Combo Compact Electric Laundry Dryer and Washer
Buying Guide for RV Washer Dryer Combos
Take a look at your options before making a final decision as a lot of factors go into purchasing a washer dryer combo for your RV.
You only have a few options when it comes to washers and dryers in your RV, as you are limited by space available. Some people may need a stackable option, which is difficult to find and my need to be specially ordered. Others may only have space for a combo unit, while others may have space for a compact version of both. Make sure to measure before making a purchase or talk to the RV dealership to find the best option for your vehicle.
With a compact size, combo machines cannot wash or dry as much as a conventional set of machines. You will need to run smaller loads and check the manual for guidelines of how much to put in the machine. Overloading can cause malfunctions and cause you unnecessary expenses.
The two venting styles, including vented and ventless. With vented, you get a better drying capacity while ventless may be necessary by the design of your motor home. Check your RV before making a decision to avoid buying a machine you cannot use.
Questions About RV Washer Dryer Combos
Are washer and dryer combos loud?
Yes and no. Everyone has a different noise level they can handle, and these are relatively quiet for the functions they perform. Most of the machines are around 60 decibels, which is louder than a dishwasher and about the same level of noise as background music at a coffee shop.
How do I winterize my combo washer and dryer?
Freezing temperatures can have an effect on your appliances, which is why you need to winterize or protect them from temperature drops. Each machine will provide instruction in the manual on the process. Usually, the process requires draining all fluids, disconnecting the hoses and washing the parts out. Some models allow you to use RV antifreeze to prevent problems too.
Why are their so few options available?
The reason it’s so hard to find a decent option is based on demand. If not enough customers are purchasing, then companies have no incentive to invest in washer dryer combos. With the uprise of tiny homes, the market has improved significantly but still has a way to go. Consider emailing your favorite laundry appliance companies and requesting a compact combo machine to bring the matter to their attention.
Final Thoughts About RV Washer Dryer Combos
Are you still having a hard time deciding? We highly recommend the Equator 2019 24″ Combo Washer Dryer Ch. Gold Winterize+Quiet because it has all the functions you need and four color options with a sleek design. Not only does it have the highest ratings, but it works the best of all the all-in-one systems on the market with a reasonable price tag. Now you can live on the road without living at the laundromat!
When you finally decide to purchase a washer dryer combo, you will need to know how to install it. This video will help with your installation: