The Top 5 RV Mattresses Reviewed
If you’re the owner of a recreational vehicle then you’ll know that most RVs have smaller bed sizes which are designed to be compact and fit within the confines of the vehicle.
This means that in order to replace the mattress (which you will eventually need to!) you need to shop around for RV-specific sizes which can be quite a hassle if you’re not sure on the right brands or places to buy them.
In addition, not every RV mattress will come with the same comforts that you’ve grown used to with your home mattress.
Many RV-friendly mattresses come with memory foam inserts and other comfort layers, but it’s important to shop around and look for the best mattresses that will fit your exact needs.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at the best RV mattress that your money can buy. We’re going to take a look at some of the different types of mattress and explain the pros and cons of each one so that you can make an informed decision when replacing your RV mattress.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best RV Mattress is the DynastyMattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV.
Best RV Mattresses
Selecting a mattress is a very personal thing, as each person has their own preferences for firmness and comfort. But some features – like quality and durability – are things that everyone wants. So we compared those features along with feedback from purchasers and came up with our list of the best recreational vehicle mattresses available:
The DynastyMattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV comes in a variety of sizes that are suitable for RV use. It comes with a 2.5 inch layer of CoolBreeze GEL 4lb high-density open cell memory foam which can help you sleep at night with its Sleep Cool technology foam. This makes this mattress great for summer RV use and it also comes with Cool Airflow foam for a supporting base that is comfortable and firm. It’s made with a durable 4-player construction with a luxurious white cover and brown suede. It’s got a fire barrier for safety reasons and a washable cover to keep the mattress clean.
Surprisingly, this fairly inexpensive mattress feels great and when compared to thousand-dollar mattresses from well-known brands that are designed for at-home use, it’s actually a very comfortable feel that supports your body when sleeping and feels nice and cool thanks to the airflow technology. This makes it a surprisingly worthwhile purchase if you want to upgrade your mattress to something a little closer to your mattress at home.
For the price, the DynastyMattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV is a fantastic mattress which offers similar comforts to high-end home mattresses. It’s breathable, it;’s comfortable and supports your body when you sleep. As a replacement, it’s a no-brainer and definitely worth the price, but even as an upgrade to your existing mattress that you might already be fine with, it’s definitely worth a consideration.
- 2.5" CoolBreeze GEL 4lb High Density Open Cell Memory Foam: Sleep Cool Technology Foam! 120 day trial! Warranty: 20 years Limited Warranty.
- 2" + 2" Cool Airflow, 3.5" foam for ultimate support base! Feel: Medium Firm
- Made with High Quality and durable 4-layer construction! Compare to the GENIUS at a fraction of the cost
- Luxurious white cover with brown suede, fire barrier, zipper washable cover
- CertiPUR-US Certified!
The Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 10 Inch Mattress is a deceptively simply mattress with a surprising set of features that will get you excited. IT’s a memory foam mattress which includes several layers; 3 inches of memory foam, 2 inches of pressure relieving comfort foam and 5 inches of high-density base support foam. The multiple layers of foam make it a fantastic mattress and one of the best on the market for RV use. Although the design of the mattress seems boring and very plain, it’s how it feels to sleep on that really counts and you’re probably going to put a mattress cover over it anyway.
One of the best features about the Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam Mattress is that it comes with plenty of odor and moisture-busting features. It contains natural green tea extracts which help it maintain freshness, it’s made from a new BioFoam process which utilises plant oils to help it maintain its freshness and the ActivCharcoal helps it absorb moisture which could be a major problem in your RV. In other words, if you’re looking for the best RV mattress that can help with nasty odors while also being incredibly comfortable, then this is a perfect choice.
While sleeping on a foam mattress can take a bit of getting used to, it’s definitely one of the more satisfying sleeping experiences you can have and you’d be surprised at just how much more comfortable your nights can be with a high-quality mattress. While this is one of the best RV mattresses your money can buy, it’s also a solid choice for regular beds so if you like it enough to put it in your RV, you might end up replacing your bed at home with the same mattress!
- Conforming memory foam comfort and support for a better night's sleep
- Mattress layers include: 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam, and 5 inches High-density Base Support Foam
- Only the Highest Quality of Foam-Foam is CertiPUR - US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- The latest evolution of memory foam, Bio Foam, replaces some of the traditional petroleum with natural plant oil to help keep your mattress fresh
- Smartly Shipped - Our patented technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
The LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress comes with two layers that are specifically designed for comfortable RV experiences. With a 2.5” gel-infused ventilated memory foam layer supported by a 7.5” high-density foam base, this is a medium-feel mattress that provides excellent support to one’s body and is specifically designed for premium comfort when used in an RV. The foam is designed to help relieve pressure from your body while sleeping and the breathable cover makes it suitable for RV use if you’re worried about moisture, mildew and other potential issues that arise from a lack of ventilation.
The mattress helps to regulate your body temperature and also has a moisture-controlling fabric that creates a comfortable layer for your body to rest on. For peace of mind, the memory foam is CertiPUR-US certified for your safety and its performance and there are a variety of sizes to fit your personal needs. Surprisingly, the mattress even comes with a 10-year defect warranty so you can purchase it with zero worries.
When purchasing a memory foam mattress, it’s normal to think about the longevity and how long it can last. A typical problem with memory foam mattresses with thick layers like this is that it can often sink in and feel like it’s been deflated over the years. However, the LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is incredibly sturdy and even if you spend a lot of time on the bed, it won’t lose its shape and you can be confident that it will continue to last a long time no matter how frequently you sleep on it.
Overall, this is certainly one of the best RV mattresses you can buy for the money. With its supportive design and longevity, this is an RV mattress that will last a long time and be well worth investing in.
- Dual-layer mattress combines 2.5" gel-infused, ventilated memory foam surface + 7.5" high density foam base for excellent support for a medium feel
- Specifically designed for RVs and campers for premium comfort in your home away from home
- Temperature-regulating, moisture-controlling TENCEL blend fabric cover creates a comfortable air layer
- Memory Foam is CertiPUR-US certified for safety and performance
- Compressed, rolled, and shipped in a box for simple setup; easily fits through narrow hallways and staircases
Not everyone enjoys a full memory foam mattress. Some people prefer to have a little more firmness to their sleeping experience and the LINENSPA 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress is the perfect compromise with its hybrid design. This RV mattress includes a comfortable 1.5 inch layer of breathable foam that sits on top of a traditional spring layer with tempered steel coils that provide excellent support to the body. It’s a comfortable mattress that offers a firm feel compared to regular memory foam mattresses that do take getting used to. This is the perfect introduction to memory foam while still offering a comfortable and familiar sleeping experience for your RV.
If you’re looking for a simple and relatively thin mattress for your RV, then the LINENSPA 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress is a fantastic alternative. While you can’t expect it to last a lifetime, for the price this is certainly a great investment and unless you use your RV every single day and sleep on this mattress all the time, it’s going to last well over a decade which is a considerable length of time for such a low price.
In short, this RV mattress is one of the best thanks to its unique hybrid design and surprisingly good durability. It’s going to last you a very long time if you use it infrequently, but even if you do use it every day then you’re going to get your money’s worth for such an inexpensive RV mattress.
- 8 Inch hybrid mattress combines memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium firm feel perfect for kids rooms, guest beds, or an affordable low profile option
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- Finished with a cozy knit cover, this mattress is compressed and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup
- Available in a medium firm 8 inch profile, a medium 10 inch profile, or a plush 12 inch profile that also features gel infusions and individually encased coils
- Packaging process may leave small brown flecks called carbons in the mattress packaging; these carbons are harmless pieces of plastic and will not stick to your mattress; 10 year limited warranty
The multi-layered Zinus Memory Foam 6 Inch Green Tea Cot Size is a great fit for RV use due to the smaller sizes available. It contains an inch of memory foam, 5 inches of airflow high-density base support foam and is made with the highest quality of foam that is CertiPUR-US certified for performance and durability. Unlike most mattresses on this list, this is a firm mattress which offers a completely different sleeping experience because you won’t sink into it. This means it offers a much more familiar sleeping experience if you’re not accustomed to memory foam-heavy mattresses.
It comes with green tea extracts, a relatively new mattress addition that helps it maintain its freshness, and can stay relatively cool thanks to the breathable materials which means that you won’t be sweating profusely during summer nights. It also comes with a fantastic 10-year warrant that can give you peace of mind when you purchase it.
In short, while it offers a far firmer experience which not everyone will appreciate, it’s one of the best RV mattresses available and having more choices to pick from is never a bad thing. In terms of investment, this is one mattress you can safely purchase without feeling like it will wear out and deteriorate.
- Conforming Green tea memory foam comfort in New cozy narrow twin size measuring 30 x 75 inches
- Mattress layers include: 1 inch memory foam, 5 inches airflow high density base support foam. Fabric Knitted jacquard. Comfort level Firm. Core construction Memory foam
- Only the highest Quality of foam foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and Content
- The latest evolution of memory foam, BioFoam, replaces some of the traditional petroleum with natural seed oil to help keep your mattress fresh
- Smartly shipped Our patented technology allows Our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
Recommended RV Mattress Accessories
RV Mattress Protector
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY allows the water proof barrier to breathe while the super soft surface wicks away moisture helping to KEEP YOU COOLER AND SLEEP BETTER.
- 100% WATERPROOF barrier. Get peace of mind knowing your mattress is protected from liquids, spills, urine, accidents and more. LUXURIOUSLY SOFT TOP surface makes it MORE COMFORTABLE than standard mattress protectors. Extremely quiet with NO CRINKLING.
- HYPOALLERGENIC top surface and specialized hi-tech backing help keep you and your family safe by ELIMINATING DUST MITES & their ALLERGENS. Helps prevent and protect from mold, mildew and bacteria. SAFE, NON TOXIC, odor free, and does not contain PVC's, phthalates, or vinyl.
- FITTED SHEET STYLE COVER fits Motorhome, Camper, and Travel Trailer RV Queen Mattresses from 8" up to 13" thick and is MACHINE WASHABLE. Strong, tight fitting elastic secures cover to stay in place - will not slip or bunch up. Stretchable skirt fits well on today's thicker RV mattresses up to 13" thick and is designed to make it easy to put on and take off.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - We stand by and believe in our products 100%! If you have any problems with our Mattress Protectors, contact us and we will find a solution together!
- Geniune 400 Thread Count products
- Dimensions & Contents:1 Short Queen Flat sheet 90" wide by 102" long 1 Short Queen Fitted Bottom Sheet: 60" wide by 75" long + 2 Pillowcases Standard size (20*30). Fully elasticized fitted sheet is designed to hug your mattress from 8 inches deep, up to 16 inches deep.
- HEIRLOOM QUALITY :) When crafting our authentic,400 Thread Count sets, RAJLINEN uses only pure, 100% long staple cotton yarns, which are renowned for their superior quality and durability. A sateen finish offers a lustrous look like silk or satin, yet more breathable and natural. Made of natural fibers, these sheets are the ultimate sheets for night sweats. They are easy to care and greate to use.
- CERTIFIED, SUSTAINABLE & ECO-FRIENDLY :) Our fabrics are of the highest quality and are Standard 100 By Oeko-Tex certified to be free of harmful chemicals. They're also hypoallergenic and superior in look and feel to quality microfiber sheets, pima cotton sets, and other Egyptian linens. We craft them in an award-winning Gold Rated LEED v4 Certified Facility. You can sleep well knowing it supports more than 300 working families and meets top WCA requirements for worker welfare.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE :) We're confident these high-thread-count products will elevate your bedroom, guest room, kids' room, RV, vacation home, or other space. Beyond renowned Amazon customer service, we offer our own guarantee. If you aren't happy, let us know and we'll fix the problem right away. Treat yourself or give the ultimate Valentine's Day, Christmas, Mother's or Father's Day gift.30 Days product guarentee ORDER NOW !!!!
RV Bed Frame
- Strong steel slat support will increase mattress life while eliminating the need for a box spring
- Assembles easily in minutes
- 12 inches of clearance under the frame for valuable under bed storage space
- Foam padded tape is added to the steel frame for noise free use
- 5 year worry free limited warranty / Zinus Modern Studio tables can be purchased separately.Total Weight Capacity: 500 pounds
Sleep is only one aspect of traveling in a recreational vehicle. If you want to keep your machine moving you will need a good RV battery to ensure it starts when you are ready to go. If you are planning on staying in areas where you can’t plug in to electricity adding the best solar kit for RVs will keep your devices powered up. To watch TV on the go you will need a good RV antenna to pull in a signal. And to protect your RV consider investing in an RV cover to protect it from the elements when you aren’t traveling.
Why RV Mattresses Are Usually Poor Quality
Here is a good YouTube video that explains why RVs don’t usually come with high quality mattresses: