The Top 7 RV Dehumidifiers Reviewed
If you have ever lived on the east coast, you know about humidity. When you walk outside in the summer, the excessive water in the air smacks you in a face like a sloppy dog licking your face. How can you enjoy your RV when walking in feels like walking into a sauna with oppressive heat? That’s where a dehumidifier comes in.
Small spaces tend to hold more water in the air, much like your RV or camper, which are rarely over 400 square feet. To solve the issues of water entering the air when you cook, boil water, take a shower, or you live in an epically humid climate, a dehumidifier can remove up to pints of water from your air. That’s right, you can live comfortably even in a tiny space for travel.
Find the right option to reduce the humidity of your RV for better, healthier living conditions right here. Remember, reducing humidity doesn’t just make the space more comfortable but also reduce allergies and mold that can turn any living area into a toxic space. Save money and choose one of the best humidifiers right here without hours or research, then stay on and get a few of your questions answered too.
The Best RV Dehumidifiers
As most RV’s are 400 square feet or less, finding a dehumidifier like the 2500 Cubic Feet Portable Dehumidifier by Lonove for the right size of your space is a fabulous find. Most humidifiers are either for spaces around 200 to 1,500 square feet, but this one is exactly the right size at 430 square feet.
Keep in mind your entire RV won’t need dehumidifying all day, but the kitchen and bathroom will, and this device can pull up to 51 ounces of water from an enclosed space before you need to empty it out. Moreover, the unit is tiny and measures just 8.9 x 6.1 x 14.7 inches and weighs just over six pounds. Even better, the dehumidifier works quietly at under 40dB, meaning it will produce less noise than your dishwasher as the quietest dishwasher is 46 dB.
The device comes with a simple on/off Botton with a five-second start indicated by a blue light. From there, the unit will run for 24 continuous hours or until the tank is full. Then, the device will automatically shut-off so you can empty it and then start the process over again. Everything shows up on the round LCD screen that provides statistics and lights up red when full.
Lastly, the adorable shape comes with a handle for easy carry. The small size also allows the unit to move around the camper as you need. You will need to keep the back open, though, so air can flow through the device with ease. It even uses low levels of energy to save you money while providing a healthier environment.
- ➤HIGH EFFICIENCY&POWERFUL - Super excellent in dehumidification. Our dehumidifiers for room removes excess moisture to comfortable level with a large removable 51 oz water tank for enclosed space within 430 Sq.ft. With its semiconductor dehumidifying system,absorb 600ml(20 oz) moisture a day in 86, 80%RH environment. NOTE:The right indicator light will display in BLUE or RED, they all indicate this dehumidifier is working normally, please check water tank everyday to check if the tank is full.
- ➤CREATE A HEALTHY & COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT - Breath fresh air in your home. According to research, the most comfortable humidity for body is 40%-50%, and above 50% will cause discomfort and other health problems. Our dehumidifier for bedroom start work when the humidity more than 45%, create a healthy environment for you and your family.
- ➤MULTI-PURPOSE BUT ULTRA QUIET - Dehumidifiers for home take excessive water out of the air. This can have a huge impact on the environment in your home during the summer, helps to avoid the peeling of wallpaper, maintain home electronics and music equipment, preserving documents, and keeping sofas, chairs and curtains from smelling. SUPER QUIET DESIGN, noise is below 40dB,runs quiet with no annoying sound,without disturbing your sleep, work or study, perfect for space like bedroom.
- ➤EASY TO OPERATE AND PORTABLE - Our dehumidifiers for basements is designed with one power button to make it easy for everyone to use.Press the on/off button with 5 seconds to start dehumidifying(blue light), then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full(red light), at which point our dehumidifier will automatically shut-off. Compact and lightweight,designed with easy-carry handle on the back, it can be carried from the room to the office, or take it to your RV or Camper.
- ➤ENERGY SAVING - Compare to older dehumidifiers, we upgraded our bathroom dehumidifier with two-way operation tech,use a fan to move air over refrigerated coils, pull water from the air, and drip it into a tank.That means you’ll see savings in operating costs compared with older dehumidifiers. That’s important because during hot and humid weather, a dehumidifier is running around the clock. Get rid of the humidity, enjoy a fresh and healthy home life.
People who like dry air and technology need the Vacplus 50 Pints Dehumidifier with WiFi Remote. Yes, it comes with an app so you can monitor your humidity levels from your phone just like everything else in your life. The super modern black and white design looks like a wall-mountable speaker but instead takes all the excess water out of your RV without stealing tons of space.
What’s really special about this particular dehumidifier is it’s also a dryer. You can hang wet clothes, turn on the drying function and dry your clothes without rushing off to the laundry mat. Mind you, this is more for damp clothes, not soaking wet clothes, but it’s a useful function that can save you time and energy. Moreover, you can try all three modes to provide your RV’s ideal humidity level, run continuously to dry the air, or run slowly for sleeping, making this a four-mode multifunctional dehumidifier.
This device is larger than the other above as it measures 21 x 13 x 9.3 inches, which means it will take up a significant chunk of space in your camper. However, it can remove up to 50 pints of moisture per day, making it more than capable of removing excess humidity from your RV. When you are home and not in the RV, you can move the portable device to your home and use it there too.
Last of all, the unit comes with easy access vents, multiple easy to use buttons with a LED display that uses colors as a reminder system. It also uses a 24 hour time and optional drainage for more functionality. Set the times to your schedule all from your phone. It even comes on wheels to make it easier to clean the filter or to move it to a new location as needed.
- 【Large Dehumidifier with Powerful & Durable Compressor】Vacplus improves dehumidifying efficiency by 25% - removing up to 50 pints (under 90% RH @ 86°F condition) moisture per day, which helps to prevent the peeling of wallpaper & your furniture away from odors. The dehumidifying efficiency is affected by the air flow, the smaller space means more obvious effect. PS. The amount of dehumidification may change with temperatures & humidity environment.
- 【Full-featured WIFI Remote & 4 Operation Modes】 Vacplus dehumidifier provides the WIFI remote via the Tuyasmart APP that expands the limits of this dehumidifier for bathroom: remote switch; humidity monitoring and adjustment; 4 operation modes to choose ( standard / raining / drying / sleep ) - No more repeatedly leaving your bed or couch to adjust it and combating condensation & damp with further energy savings due to smart app scheduling! And rare is its 35.9 dB average sound while working.
- 【Constant Humidity & Well-lit LED Control Panel】Vacplus basement dehumidifiers for home, featured with intelligent constant humidity can monitor humidity levels and adjust itself to maintain the selected one - saves you from repeatedly turning the portable dehumidifier on / off. For easier use, the featured top mounted control panel with LED display uses 3 colors to remind you the present humidity. Best choice for baby, pregnant woman, and the old.
- 【24-hr Timer & Optional Drainage】 Vacplus bathroom dehumidifier provides you with 24-hr Timer: you can program it to turn on / off after a specified amount of time, which helps you save money on a tariff offering cheaper energy at certain times of a day. Additionally, this basement dehumidifier can automatically shut off when the 3.1L-tank (with splash guard) is full. And you can also use the dehumidifier drain hose connection to free yourself from the hassle of emptying the bucket.
- 【100% Risk-Free Satisfaction】 If you are not 100% satisfied with your Vacplus dehumidifier under normal use within 2 years, we promise to offer you a replacement or a full refund. If there are any problems, don’t hesitate to contact us. Vacplus always pays 120% attention to our customers - each Vacplus dehumidifier will be meticulously tested by our in-house engineering team to proactively address and prevent design or mechanical issues. Buy Vacplus now!
If you want to save a little money and have a little less space available in your RV, then try the AUZKIN Dehumidifier 35oz Quiet Small Portable Dehumidifier. The airflow vent for this unit is on the top and almost looks like a speaker except for the visible water levels on the bottom. It’s a very modern-looking device with rounded edges and a slim design ready to blend into your decor.
However, the dehumidifier covers about 54 to 161 square feet to reduce up to 35 ounces of water per day in the tiny size. It measures just 8.9 x 5.7 x 5.7 inches making about the size of an average speaker, which is great as space is limited inside a camper. Another reason you will love this option is because it only puts out about 39 dB of noise, which is about the same amount of a babbling brook or your computer when it’s turned on without extra sounds.
Next, the device offers energy-saving using about the amount of power of a light bulb turned on all day. It’s also easy to use with just one button operation and runs for 24 hours and auto shuts off once the tank is full. Add in the ultra-portable size and low weight of just under three pounds, and it’s the perfect addition to any room in your RV. You could even have one in both the bathroom and the kitchen, thanks to the low profile square size.
Finally, the water tank comes with a smart, colorful LED light that turns red when the tank is full. Changing the air inlet grid couldn’t be easier with a simple pull out grid. Get ready for an easier mold-free living now!
- High-Efficiency Dehumidification：AUZKIN air dehumidifier uses the Ultra-Quiet Peltier Technology to remove up to 16oz(450ml) of water/day in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. The grid at the air inlet can effectively eliminate tiny objects in the air, creating a comfortable environment for you and your family.
- Whisper Quiet：Use Ultra-Quiet Peltier Technology with no compressor makes dehumidifier lightweight and quiet, noise is less than 39dB, no annoying sound, not affect your work, sleep or study, suitable for use at night and in small spaces.
- Energy-Saving and Convenient：One-button start-up design requires just a touch of a button to start dehumidification. With a power consumption of only 40W/hour, the dehumidifier uses only 0.96kW of electricity after runs continuously for 24 hours, which is more effective, more environmentally friendly, and more money-saving than traditional chemical absorbents.
- Auto Shut Off：AUZKIN Small dehumidifier is programmed to automatically shut off once it has reached rated capacity, and the dehumidifier will flash a red light to remind you that the tank needs to be emptied. Note: Product optimal operating temperature is 41°F-122°F, low temperature will affect the normal use of the product.
- Compact and Portable：This small dehumidifier is of mini size (5.7 x 5.7 x 8.9 inches) and lightweight (2.87lb). You can easily move the dehumidifier to the place wherever you want to. It is a perfect fit for small rooms, wardrobe, and locker. No more humid and moldy annoyance.
If you want to dehumidify and purify the air in your camper or RV, you need the Afloia Electric Dehumidifier because it can do both. First, the small devices measure just 14.6 x 8.8 x 8.2 inches with a low weight of just under seven pounds. Second, it comes in a sleek black rounded square design ready to fit into your decor in your home or camper. As it’s so small, you can use it at home and take it with you in the RV when you leave for a trip.
Third, two functions stored in one device works without interrupting your life by cleaning the air and mopping it up too. All without chemicals, a compressor, or moving parts and with energy efficiency. Covering an area of 230 square feet, the device removes up to 99.97 percent of air particles as well as up to 26 ounces of water per day, all with the touch of a button.
Moreover, the device is extremely quiet, making less noise than your computer or dishwasher. It comes with an easy to change filter that will require you to buy extra filters. Finally, choose your speed from low, medium, or high to work well with your home and remove anything that can cause issues from water to particles making this the perfect option for those who love to go RVing and have allergies or other health concerns.
- Compact & Quiet: Our electric dehumidifier adopts the advanced Peltier technology operates with whisper quiet operation instead the compressor. Never disturb your daily life and your relaxation time,which is perfect for small rooms and poorly ventilated areas.
- 2 Functions in 1 : Purification dehumidifier combines with functions of dehumidification and purification,providing two working modes for users to enjoy better life in the meanwhile; Efficiently remove from your place, max capability of water tank is 1000ml, absorb up to 750ml water per day (86°F, 80%RH).
- Convenient & Safety: Powered through a DC adapter, easy to remove front water tank, safe to use with built in auto shut off sensor. Automatic shut-off once reservoir is full, the small dehumidifier works again when the reservoir is empty.
- Portable & Compact : Takes up little space, controls condensation. Perfect for these places such as RV, wardrobe, shoes case, grow room, small room, ect. Portable design, easy to carry.
- Energy Saving: Upgrade section dehumidifier and low energy consumption, It is an Ideal environmentally friendly solutions for absorbing damp and condensation. Energy saving and eco-friendly, not waste electricity.
You saw the Lonove brand up above and here because they make several wonderful dehumidifiers meant to improve your home life and your traveling life. The LONOVE Dehumidifier – 2000 Cubic Feet (185 Sq ft) Small Dehumidifier is smaller and ready to take up less space in a smaller camper. It’s the perfect size at 185 square feet to help reduce humidity without having to take up all of your invaluable counter space.
Keep the humidity level in your camper down to under fifty percent with this highly efficient and remove a large capacity of water from your air. The unit measures a minuscule 6.3 x 5.2 x 11.1 making it about the size of a portable speaker, making it portable. It’s also lightweight at just under three pounds. The small size does mean it will only remove about 12 ounces of water a day, which is rather small, and the only reason it’s lower on the list.
Furthermore, this is the quietest dehumidifier at just 34 or fewer decibels, making it as quiet as a whisper, so you will barely know it’s there. Even better, it provides 360 degrees of airflow for a better effect. It’s also one button controlled with auto shut-off when full. Finally, removing the water is a quick and easy process to avoid complicating your life while improving your air quality and staying comfortable all year long.
- ➤HIGN EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION -Keep moisture below 50% .Our mini dehumidifiers has 2 air inlets (front and back), which has a great powerful efficiency for removing the moisture in the air. 350ml/day dehumidification feature better than ordinary electric dehumidifier. Fits for area about 165 sq·ft apartment, working at RH80% condition has a significant effect.
- ➤CREATE A HEALTHY & COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT -breath fresh air in your home. According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems.Installing a small dehumidifier can be the best solution!Our dehumidifier for bathroom start work when the humidity more than 50%, it collects moisture from your home’s air before releasing it back to the room. The final product is air that doesn’t make you feel sticky or dry. Your days of humidity are over！
- ➤MUlTI-PURPOSE BUT ULTRA QUEIT - Dehumidifiers for home take excessive water out of the air. This can have a huge impact on the environment in your home during the summer, helps to preventing the peeling of wallpaper, protecting home electronics and music equipment, preserving documents, and keeping sofas, chairs and curtains from smelling.SUPER QUIET DESIGN, noise is below 35dB,runs quiet with no annoying sound,without disturbing your sleep, work or study, perfect for space like bedroom
- ➤EASY TO OPERATE AND PORTABLE - Our safe dehumidifier is designed with only one power button to make it easy for everyone to use.Press the on/off button to start dehumidifying(blue light), then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full(yellow light), at which point our portable dehumidifier will automatically shut-off.Compact and lightweight, it can be carried from the room to the office, or take it to your RV or Camper.
- ➤SMART POWER-OFF AND ENERGY SAVING - equipped with a water level controller, our dehumidifier for bedroom can shut off itself when the controller reaches its max level and the indicator light turns YELLOW to remind you to empty the tank out. Compare to older dehumidifiers,our small dehumidifier use a fan to move air over refrigerated coils, pull water from the air, and drip it into a tank.That means you’ll see savings in operating costs compared with older dehumidifiers!
Another great option for smaller RV’s is the SEAVON 2020 Electric Mini Dehumidifier. Not only is it small at just 7.3 x 6.3 x 11 inches, but it’s also just over two and a half pounds making it ultra-portable. Let this tiny device remove the excess water from your camper and life more comfortably without a lot of extra work.
All you need to do is press the single button and let the dehumidifier collect up to 28 ounces of water into the reservoir. Moreover, the device works efficiently and quietly to reduce water without barging into your life with a set of annoying low tones. Vents on the top and the back provide tons of space to allow for flow, but you do need to keep this unit away from the wall, which is the only reason it’s lower on the list.
Otherwise, everything about the unit works well with a slim portable design. It works for 24 continuous hours via one button push before auto shut off and starting again once you empty. One of the reasons this made the list though, is the extra-long cord making it easier to place it where you need it without searching for a plug. Find out why this dehumidifier has such high ratings.
- High-Efficiency Dehumify: 2020 Upgrade mini design, strong dehumidification. Small dehumidifier extracts up to 10.5 ounces / 300 ml (86℉,80%RH) of moisture daily in enclosed and small rooms and spaces.
- Ultra-Quiet: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper-quiet operation in bedrooms, baby rooms, and offices. Perfect use at night and a small room.
- Energy Saving-Healthy: Electric dehumidifier is effective and energy saving with a power only 22.5W/hour which means using only 0.54kW of electricity after running for 24 hours. It's environmentally friendly and more affordable than traditional chemical absorbents.
- Large Water Tank & Easy to Empty and Clean: With 800ml/28 oz water tank and water tank's lip could be open and you could pour water and clean it. The optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
- Auto Shut Off: One-touch switch can help you easily operate. When the water reached tank capacity, the air dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will flash Orange light indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier.
If you are looking for a high capacity dehumidifier, check out the Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier. You can pick from three sizes, including 1,500, 3,000, and 4,500, but you won’t need more than the smallest size for an RV. This one is powerful enough to suck up 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
Moreover, it’s Energy Star certified dehumidifier that reduces without consuming tons of energy, just water! It’s a sleek box on wheels with a low profile and design. Also, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to use it as it’s just some knobs you adjust to your ideal moisture setting. It runs on 24-hour cycles until the tank is full, then it will shut down for you.
No more odor, moisture, or nasties in the air, so you have clean, fresh air ready to improve your life and air. It also comes with a turbo mode to increase the fan speed. It is a larger option than all but one of the other options on the list for those who need a little extra help getting a room’s humidity down.
Finally, the unit measures 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches and weighs just over 33 pounds. It will be a powerful addition to both your home and then your RV when traveling. It’s easy to clean, easy to use, and improves your breathing, but it is quite a bit pricier than the other options on the list because of the extra size.
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included)
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS, ODOR & OTHER NASTIES IN THE AIR- Our portable dehumidifier reduces odors and allergens by removing bacteria from the humid air. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 129 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 138 for maximum moisture removal and odor reduction
- "IMPORTANT INFO - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 SQ FT. It measures 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, has a 1 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day."
Buying Guide for RV Dehumidifiers
Before making your decision, take a look at the different factors that go into making the right decision for your RV and life. If you still can’t decide we also answer some questions and sum up with our favorite option to help you make an educated decision.
Capacity & Size
Most dehumidifiers are measured in ounces and pints and remove more water, the bigger the size of the device. Smaller capacity units will remove plenty of water but will require emptying more often but take up less space. Because RV’s tend to have limited spaces, we put mostly smaller options on the list with two bigger options for those who have space available. Both of the larger options come on wheels, though, meaning you can move them out of your weigh as needed.
The smaller the device, the easier to move it around as needed. If you do choose a larger option, make sure it has wheels or a handle to make moving it out of your way in an RV easier. Don’t forget weight either. The lighter it is, the easier for anyone to move the device to and from the house to the RV or just to a new location. RV’ing requires tons of moving smaller items, don’t choose a heavier item if you want less weighing you down or making more work.
Ease of Use
Most dehumidifiers are extremely easy to use with just one or two buttons for operation, making them extremely user-friendly. Some of the humidifiers even come with apps now to make monitoring even easier. The hardest part of using one of these items is cleaning out the filter in the sink and putting it back in the back or emptying the water and replacing the tray.
If the hum of a computer annoys you, then you will find most dehumidifiers frustrating as well. Otherwise, most dehumidifiers barely add a whisper to your life. Most of them make about 40 decibels of noise, which is less than the sound you get from a newer dishwasher. Those sensitive to noise should look for lower numbers to reduce annoyance levels.
For other ways to reduce moisture in your RV without a dehumidifier, watch this video:
Questions About RV Dehumidifiers
How can I improve the effectiveness of my dehumidifier?
First, make sure the doors and windows are closed and stay closed. Good luck if you have children staying in the RV, but its best for the dehumidifier to not continually adjust to changes in the air. Next, keep the front air inlet and the back of a unit free from blockage. If the device has to work harder with less airflow, it won’t be as effective. Finally, run the dehumidifier when the humidity is higher than 45 percent.
How do I know if I need a humidifier for my RV?
An RV is an expensive investment, and you want to protect your investment from things like mildew and mold. Not to mention, you want to be comfortable when you are in the RV too, and avoid health complications. Too much moisture can destroy everything in your RV, including the camper itself. A dehumidifier is a very small cost to help save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
Will a humidifier help keep allergies at bay?
Absolutely. Drier air grows less mold, which can have a significant impact on allergy sufferers. Dehumidifiers can also eliminate dust mites, which can also help to reduce allergens. Dry equals less growth of bacterias and viruses too, which is why those with allergies need to reduce excessive humidity in their home and their RV.
Final Thoughts About RV Dehumidifiers
Save space, time, and live more comfortably with the Lonove 2500 Cubic Feet Portable Dehumidifier. It’s easy to use, doesn’t steal tons of precious RV space, nor does it create a ton of annoying noise. Moreover, it’s the right size for an RV to help reduce excess moisture to save your investment and make RV living far more comfortable. Bring on drier travel and start enjoying your trips more!