The Top 5 RV Covers Reviewed
A recreational vehicle can be a fantastic vehicle to have for a number of reasons. They’re great for holiday purposes, they’re essential for fun road trips and nowadays they can provide some serious entertainment thanks to all the features and amenities they come with. Even smaller RVs are packed full of useful features and they’re very affordable.
However, RVs are quite the investment regardless of the one you buy and it’s important to keep them well-maintained if you’re to make them last. People often think about investing in a good battery to make sure their RV starts when they are ready to travel or a solar kit to keep them powered up when they are away from electricity, but they it is just as important to protect your recreational vehicle when it isn’t in use. That’s why many people opt to purchase an RV cover on the same day that they get their RV.
An RV cover is an essential accessory that will help to shield your RV from weather and other harmful outdoor issues. It will prevent rain, hail and wind from battering your RV and it will also prevent the sun from potentially fading the interior of your RV. It’s also a great option for storing your RV should your garage not be big enough, forcing you to keep your RV in your driveway or outdoors.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at five of the best RV covers that we recommend for both experienced RV owners and first-time buyers.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best RV Cover is the Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 3 Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover.
Best RV Covers
There are a number of factors that impact your choice for a good cover for your recreational vehicle. The size and type of RV obviously needs to be considered, along with any special considerations like custom attachments or antennas that it will have to go around. But beyond sizing the quality and durability are prime considerations. That is why we came up with the following list of our picks for the top RV covers based upon features and owner feedback:
The Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 3 is a trailer cover that comes in a variety of different sizes. You can purchase the cover in a 15 to 18 feet size up to a 38 to 40 feet size, so it’s important to measure the size of your RV to ensure that you get a trailer cover that fits your needs. Getting one that is too small will obviously not serve its purpose but a large one can at least be pulled taut so that it fits comfortably over your RV.
It’s made from a thick triple-ply top and single-ply material that helps to protect your RV from rain, dirt, nicks and scratches, making it suitable for all-season protection. It also comes with an integrated rope system and a toss bag which reduces the amount you need to crawl around under the RV just to cover it. The material is also breathable, can protect against UV rays and will repel water.
One of the interesting things about this RV cover is that it has access panels which can be used to access certain parts of your RV such as the door and engine areas. This means you don’t need to remove the entire cover should you need to perform maintenance on the RV, such as repairing the engine or cleaning the interior.
When not in use, the cover can be stored in its own small bag which is portable and surprisingly small. This makes it very easy to remove the cover when you’re not using it and store it away, but it also means you can take it with you on your RV trips if you need to cover it in an emergency. Lastly, it also comes with a three-year warranty so that you can replace it if it does become damaged, but there’s a very small chance of that happening thanks to the durable material.
Overall, it’s one of the best RV covers for a variety of different RV sizes. The included warranty gives you peace of mind and the access panels make it convenient to use when storing your RV for long periods of time.
- TRAVEL TRAILER COVER: Fits travel trailers & toy haulers up to 18' - 20' long, 118" high from ground to roof
- RV ACCESSORIES: Adjustable front and rear tension panels and elasticized hem corners provide a custom fit, air vent reduces wind lofting and inside moisture
- RV STORAGE COVER: Triple-ply PolyPRO 3 keeps out rain and snow. Thick, triple-ply top and single-ply sides protect against rain, snow, dirt, nicks and scratches for all-season protection, integrated rope attachment system and a provided toss bag helps reduce crawling under the RV
- RV COVER WITH ACCESS PANELS: Zippered panels allow access to the RV doors and engine areas
- CAMPER COVER WITH WARRANTY: Stuff sacks are included on all covers and ladder caps are included on most, includes 3-year warranty
The ADCO DuPont Tyvek Travel Trailer Cover is a water, UV ray and weather-resistant trailer cover that ranges in size from up to 15’ to 37’. It’s made from breathable material and the polypropylene sides are designer-quality with an excellent texture and durability. It has a slip-seam strapping system that cinches at the top and bottom to ensure a snug fit for your RV, and there are reinforced areas in the RV cover to ensure improved toughness and longevity.
ADCO has been a well-known brand in the RV world for a while now and for decades they’ve been producing some of the most beloved covers that RV owners have put their faith in. They’re known to be very easy to install thanks to the weighted buckle toss-under and the zipper entry doors make it easy to access your RV when it’s in storage. The precise fit is thanks to ADCO’s cover design and as long as you measure the size of your RV and get the right cover, you’re guaranteed to have a snug fit that helps to protect your RV.
The ADCO cover also comes with a bunch of extra accessories. For example, it comes with tire covers to ensure that your tires are also protected and also a hitch cover to provide your RV with full protection. These extra accessories aren’t common in RV covers so it’s a great little bonus that prevents you having to buy extra things, and freeing up money to invest in other comforts like a good mattress or navigation system.
With the installation process being easy, extras being plentiful and a solid brand name being the cover that also provides warranty, you can’t go wrong with the ADCO DuPont Tyvek Travel Trailer Cover.
- Slip-Seam strapping system cinches at the top and bottom for a perfectly snug fit and prevents cover from wind damage; Reinforcements throughout bottom and top of side panels
- Water resistant but breathable; Tyvek RV top panel reflects sunlight, keeping RV cooler; Designer polypropylene sides
- Weighted buckle toss under for easy installation underneath the coach; Lapper cap reduces wear over ladder area
- Durable polypropylene grey side walls, 3 year warranty, 4 travel tire guards included with every cover
- The most durable All Climate Travel Trailer cover on the market; Fits 24'1" - 26'
For a portable and durable RV cover solution, the Classic Accessories OverDrive PermaPRO Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover ticks all the right boxes. Made from a durable quick-drying PermaPRO fabric, it’s built to last against harsh weather elements and it comes with a plethora of different accessories to make protecting your RV easy.
The lightweight PermaPRO material prevents trips and tears, it can easily repel liquids and also protects against sun and dirt damage. It’s a surprisingly durable material for how light it is and there’s a very small change that rips and tears will occur unless you cover something sharp with it. It has an integrated strap attachment and weighted bag system that makes it easy to install so you don’t need to crawl around under the RV and it also comes with zipper panels so you can access the RV even with the cover on.
One of the best features of this RV cover is that it comes with a high-quality storage bag that can be used to store the RV cover or even a bunch of clothes if needed. Since the RV cover is so light, it’s easy to transport with you and it’s also simple to store away. Overall, this is one of the best RV covers for the money and the extra accessories make it well worth a purchase.
- TRAVEL TRAILER COVER: Fits travel trailers 27' - 30' long, 118" high from ground to roof
- RV ACCESSORIES: Adjustable front and rear tension panels and elasticized hem corners provide a custom fit, air vent system and quick drying PermaPRO fabric combine to reduce wind stress and vent inside moisture, long zipper pulls reduce the need for a ladder
- RV STORAGE COVER: Extra strength, lightweight PermaPRO ripstop fabric repels water and protects against dirt and sun damage, integrated strap attachment and weighted toss bag system eliminates crawling under the RV to install tension straps, tension panels reduce cover stress when tightening the straps
- RV COVER WITH ACCESS PANELS: Zippered panels allow access to the RV doors and storage compartments, panels allow access to all four sides.CAMPER COVER WITH WARRANTY: Zippered storage bag unzips and expands for easy packing, includes lifetime warranty
- Less bulky than most, our PermaPro cover fits in provided expandable storage bag
Unlike the other RV covers on this list, the OOFIT Travel Trailer RV Cover only comes in three size variations from 24’ to 27’ and up to 30’-33’. This may prove to be an issue for some RV owners but if your RV does fit into these sizes, then it’s arguably one of the best RV covers available on the market right now. The reason is that it’s custom-made to fit those exact size ranges, so you’re guaranteed to get a snug fit that is far superior to other RV covers that offer a huge range of sizes.
Although it may seem like you’re getting less for your money, this RV cover is created with a heavy-duty full 40-ply non-woven fabric roof which means the top of your RV is not going to suffer any kind of damage at all. The sides are slightly less protected but can still repel all of the common issues like rain, snow, dirt, mildew and those cursed bird droppings and scratches. It’s also anti-UV which means your RV will not fade so easily.
The adjustable tension panels help the cover fit nicely around your RV and it comes with a handy bag for storage purposes. In short, the lack of size options may seem like a downside, but if your RV does fit within the sizes then it’s one of the best RV covers available.
- The trailer cover fits travel trailers & toy haulers up to 30' - 33' long, 118" high from ground to roof
- Heavy duty full 4-ply non-woven fabric roof and single-ply sides provide protection for all - weather against rain, snow, dirt, mildew, birds' droppings and scratches. Anti - UV reduces premature aging of RV
- Multiple zippered panels for easy access to the front, back & sides, fluorescent cursor on door side and the front side for easy install and find the exact location even in the night
- Adjustable front and rear tension panels and elasticized hem corners provide a custom fit, air vent reduces wind lofting and inside moisture, quick release buckles make it more suitable
- Quality drawstring storage bag for the cover, save your space and time, fulfill all your needs
While the VMasking Extra-Thick 5-ply Class A RV Cover is only available in a single 38.1-42 ft size right now, it can fit much larger RVs and comes with a variety of fantastic accessories to make it far more suitable for big RVs as opposed to the smaller ones that the other covers on this list are suitable for.
It’s made from a heavy-duty 5-ply top and 3-ply side nonwoven fabric, making it one of the strongest and most durable RV covers available on the market. It’s resistant to all the elements like wind, snow and rain but can also prevent mildew from building up thanks to the air vents that reduce wind stress and also help to vent moisture. It’s incredibly easy to install even if you have a large RV and it offers access to the RV through the zippers.
If you have a large RV then there’s no real competition or choice. Thankfully, the VMasking Extra-Thick 5-ply Class A RV Cover is the best RV cover available for your money if you own a larger RV and is well worth a recommendation.
- Free motor cover(29"L*17"W*29"H) included,can also used as storage bag ; Fits 17'-19'L by up to 96"W V-hull runabouts outboards and I/O bass boats;30 days money back guarantee, 3 years warranty
- 3 LAYERS PROTECTION: water resistant 600D polyester + waterproof PU coating + anti-UV coating, with double stitching seams, 3 pieces corner reinforcement at front and rear protect your outboard from scratch, dust, rain, snow, and UV rays
- BREATHABLE: moisture-guard vent systems on the sides of the tail, prevents moisture build-up under the boat cover, against mildew to keep you boat dry and increase product service life
- WATERPROOF: Water resistant to 2000mm, 600D polyester + waterproof PU coating + Waterproof strip at seam, provice All-round waterproof
- OUTDOOR WINDPROOF: 11 pcs adjustable straps with more durable metal buckles instead of plastic buckle like other sellers, elastic hem give a custom fit to protect cover from blowing off, even in high wind
Recommended RV Cover Accessories
RV Tire Covers
- Set of 4 Covers Fits Tire Diameters up to 28"
- Wire embedded rod sewn into cover for form fitting onto tire
- Protects tires and wheels from sun damage, rust and dirt when your vehicle is parked.
- Durable, Thick & Breathable Canvas Material
- Fits Up to 6" Deep-Wide Tires
RV Tongue Jack Cover
- Robust cover with effective drawstring protects jack from the elements
- Slightly larger than our standard cover to fit larger jacks
- Measures 14.5" Wide X 17.5" Tall
- Works with most electric tongue jacks
- 1-year limited warranty
RV Cover Tips
Here is a great YouTube video showing some tips for using recreational vehicle covers: