The Top 5 Running Shoes For Flat Feet
There are a number of different reasons why people have flat feet; not only can it be hereditary but it could be something that has developed over time. If you have flat feet, you have probably been told by someone that you are going to need special shoes whenever you do any sort of exercise. This is important for your comfort and performance. With that being said, read on to discover some useful tips on purchasing running shoes for flat feet, as well as a detailed description of our top five choices.
The importance of finding the right running shoe
There are a number of challenges that you will face as a flat-footed runner looking for the best running shoes. This is only made more complicated by the fact that there is a wealth of conflicting information out there. Your local running shop will probably tell you that you need a running shoe with more arch support. However, sport injury experts believe that the opposite approach is the best one. Unfortunately, there is no magical solution. There are a number of different factors that will determine the best running shoe for you, including your individual foot, range of motion, gait cycle, and a number of different other factors.
The two kinds of flat feet
When it comes to finding good running shoes for flat feet, you first need to determine what type of flat feet you have. There are two different kinds: collapsed arches and anatomically flat feet. The former means that you will have flat feet because of some sort of weakness with your muscles. These conditions do look very similar, which is why it is easy to assume that you’d the same sort of running shoe regardless. However, this could not be further from the truth. How you will approach purchasing running shoes will vary considerably.
If you have an anatomically flat foot, you should not add arch support. This will just send stress up to the knee, which can then result in knee problems. However, if you fall into the category of weak muscles that have caused collapsed arches, you should add arch support until your foot gets stronger and can support its own arch. This is why it is critical to know what type of flat foot you have before you start searching for the best sneakers for flat feet.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet is the Brooks Men’s Beast ‘18.
Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet
Below, you will find out more about what we believe to be the five best running shoes for flat feet. We have selected these shoes by taking a look survey user reviews and conducting market research, as well as using our own experience with the products.
There is only one place to begin, and this is with the Brooks Men’s Beast ‘18. If you take a look online, you will see that these running shoes have 4.5 – 5 stars pretty much across the board. If you are looking for a heavy-duty distance shoe, which has lots of soft cushioning, you won’t be disappointed with Brooks Men’s Beast ‘18. Compared to the original DNA, these shoes have 25 percent more adaptive cushioning, which means you are able to give 125 percent every time you run. If you have wide feet, you should definitely consider these running shoes. They have a wider platform with added stability features and extra midfoot support. Plus, as it sits on a straighter last, this means that flat-footed runners can make more contact with the midsole, opposed to the upper. Another significant feature of these running shoes is the Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB), which provides support for your whole body. This ensures that your body is guided into the natural path of motion, and that it stays there, thanks to the strategic arch support position. You can expect enhanced breathability too, thanks to the engineered air mesh upper, as well as no-sew overlays for greater levels of comfort.
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a flat to medium arch looking for support.
- MAXIMUM CUSHION AND SUPPORT: Super soft and protective, these shoes provide the maximum stability with a soft, cushioned feel.
- PLUSH CUSHIONING AND FULL-BODY ALIGNMENT: The Super DNA midsole provides 25% more adaptable cushioning than our standard DNA midsole while the Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollerbar guides your body back into its natural motion path with added support.
- ENHANCED FIT: The improved fit of the soft, engineered air mesh upper offers a spacious toe box, structured saddle, and an external heel counter for reinforced stability.
- GUARANTEE: With Brooks’ True Blue Guarantee, take your gear for a trial run and if you’re not 100% satisfied within 90 days, return it for free.
With your forefoot getting plenty of space to stretch and breathe thanks to the stretchy, unstructured upper, and lots of bouncy cushioning underfoot, it is not hard to see why Freedom ISO 2 made the list. This shoe is an improvement on what was already an incredible shoe with the first version! When the original Saucony Freedom ISO 2 burst onto the scene, it was applauded for being durable and providing a snappy yet cushioned ride with a great, comfortable fit. A few tweaks have been made, bringing us the unsurprisingly titled. The result is a shoe that is even more comfortable yet less snappy. This bold looking shoe is also a great choice for those who don’t like understated styles. One of the best things about these running shoes is that they adapt to the motion and shape of your feet. This dynamic design ensures all runners benefit from a cozy and flexible fit, making it a good choice if you’re unsure of what to go with. So, what are some of the main differences when compared with the original shoe? Well, the toe-spring is not as aggressive, as well as being a little bit wider in the toe box. Plus, the shoe is three grams heavier than its predecessor, and ISOKnit (a new material) has been used to create the upper, leading to enhanced breathability. There are also grooves cut out in crystallized rubber outsole, which has given more flexibility.
This may be the pair of running shoes for you if you are accustomed to more stability features. After all, the 860 features a much greater level of stability when compared with the 880. If that was not enough, the shoe offsets overpronation thanks to the dual-density “medial post.” It sets a new standard when it comes to running shoes that have been designed for overpronators. The shoe also has a lot of support and cushioning through the midsole. Most people remark that they feel a lot of snugness around the arch area with the toebox being deep and wide too. For good responsiveness and comfortable cushioning, New Balance Men’s 860v9 does not disappoint.
- Stay vertical mile-after-mile with the fresh 890v6 sneakers from New Balance 860v9 stability running shoes.
Described as the brand’s “flat-foot hero,” the GT-4000 has a lot to live up to, and it certainly delivers. When compared with the brand’s other shoes, the GT-4000 sits on a longer and straighter support piece. There are a number of other great features too. This includes the lightweight midsole, which is designed for lots of cushioning and support. It also has a broader base, which is designed to disperse shock over a bigger surface area. Let’s take a look at some of the technology that has been used to create this shoe. The Flytefoam Lyte Technology uses organic nano fibers, which makes this the lightest weight midsole formulation from ASICS while still delivering continuous cushioning. The ASICS GT-4000 also features I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) technology, which is the company’s design philosophy, which employs linked componentry so that the natural gait of the foot is enhanced from heel strike to toe-off. That’s without even mentioning the rearfoot gel brand technology cushioning system, which has the purpose of attenuating shock during the impact phase, enabling the transition to midstance to be as smooth as possible.
- FlyteFoam Lyte Technology - ASICS lightest weight midsole formulation that provides continuous cushion thanks to organic nano fibers.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- SpevaFoam Midsole Material - Improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology - ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
The Dyad has a wider platform and a more spacious fit, which is perfect for flat-footed runners because they have a straighter last for greater contact in the midsole. A lot of injured runners and injury-prone runners are fans of these shoes because they have enough room to accommodate orthotics. Not only this, but the midfoot features Dual Arch Pods, which are designed to give a good degree of stability without the neutral stride being interfered with. Plus, the soft feel of the shoe is there so that the fit adapts to suit different feet. So, what’s new with this running shoe when compared with the previous versions? Flexibility has been reduced slightly, so that there is a more stable ride. The ultimate sockliner also provides the softest step-in comfort, and you can expect enhanced breathability thanks to the engineered air mesh upper.
- Surface: Road. Differential: 10 mm. Built for the runner needing a little extra support in a neutral platform. Ideal for orthotic wearers and flat-footed athletes alike. Engineered Mesh in the forefoot for added breathability and a more adaptable fit. Synthetic upper with an engineered mesh forefoot for added breathability and an adaptable fit. Lace-up closure. Padded tongue and collar. Breathable fabric lining offers a great in-shoe feel. Removable, moisture-wicking sockliner supplies lig
- Hit your stride every time with streamlined construction and high-energized cushioning of the Brooks Dyad 10 running shoe!
- Predecessor: Dyad 9.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation (supination).
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
Exercise For Running With Flat Feet
Here is a YouTube video demonstrating how to perform an exercise that will help reduce the pain from running flat-footed:
We hope that you have found this guide useful while looking for the best running shoes for flat feet. There is no denying that there are lots of great options on the market when it comes to running shoes for flat feet men and women. You should have no trouble finding the perfect pair of running shoes for you. However, before you start shopping, you need to figure out what type of flat feet you have in order to ensure you purchase a pair of running shoes that are going to be suitable for you.