The Top 5 Portable Induction Cooktops Reviewed
A portable induction cooktop is useful in a variety of situations. Whether you want a compact solution for cooking in your trailer or you want something space-saving for a small kitchen, a portable cooktop is convenient and easy to move around. An induction cooktop is energy-efficient, heats up quickly and allows for quick temperature adjusting too. It needs to be used with the appropriate pots and pans, but this includes most metals. If you’re not sure, test with a magnet – if the magnet sticks, the pan should work with an induction cooktop.
If you’re looking for a portable induction cooktop, you probably want one that small and easy to store. But although it should be small, you also want it to give you plenty of power. An induction cooktop is designed to use energy efficiently, so you don’t want to find one that doesn’t work effectively. You might also be looking for smart controls. Most induction cooktops have touch buttons and LCD displays for easy control. Some products offer the option of several programs, and temperature control is important too.
The amount of space offered by a portable cooktop is essential to take into account. With a compact cooking solution, you are unlikely to get more than two rings to cook on. One ring might be enough for some, but for more ambitious cooking, two rings are useful too. When you’re looking for the best portable induction cooktop for your needs, take a look at the options below to find the right one.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Portable Induction Cooktop is the Duxtop 9620LS.
The Best Portable Induction Cooktops
Anyone looking for a double induction cooktop might like this option from Duxtop. The two heating zones are independent of each other and can be heated separately using the controls on the LCD display. Whether you need extra cooking space for a big dinner party or you require something for your studio apartment, this cooktop will make cooking a lot easier. It has two main modes: power mode and temperature mode. You can control the temperature how you like, whether you’re boiling water, making a stir-fry, or just keeping your food warm.
Using 120v and 15 amps of electricity, it’s standard for using in your home, or you might choose to set it up in your trailer. Although it offers two cooking spaces, it still has a slimline design, measuring 4.3 x 17.1 x 25 inches, so it won’t take up too much space. The front feet are rubber to help keep it steady, although the back feet are plastic meaning that they do not provide grip all around the cooktop. When it comes to power, this cooktop can offer you a reasonable amount. However, it’s important to remember that if you’re using both heat spaces, it means the energy is being shared between the two. It could take longer for both to heat up.
The Duxtop 9620LS is a great solution if you’re looking for something compact, but you also want to be able to cook two things at once. It’s powerful and easy to control.
- 【DUAL HEATING ZONES】 This professional digital countertop induction cooktop by Duxtop is equipped with two independent heating zones that allow you to set each one separately using the LCD display screen. The Duxtop induction burner uses 120 volts, 15 Amps of electricity-standard in all North American homes.
- 【SAFE-EASY TO USE-EASY TO CLEAN】 Child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. Touch control panel is simple to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it's easy to clean-just wipe with a damp towel.
- 【CHOOSE POWER MODE OR TEMPERATURE MODE】 There are 20 preset levels per mode so you can select the perfect one for your cooking task. Simply press one button to switch between cooking modes. TEMPERATURE MODE is recommended to fry, steam and saute. Try POWER MODE to keep food warm or to bring water to a boil quickly.
- 【ENERGY EFFICIENT】 Electric cooktops place the electromagnetic energy directly into the cookware without wasting energy on a heating element. This makes them extremely energy efficient while providing faster heating. The Power Sharing Feature is designed to avoid electrical overload and increase efficiency by allowing the burners to share power between them while in Power Mode.
- 【WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS】 This double induction cooker is compatible with cast iron, iron, magnetic steel, enameled iron, stainless steel manufactured with a magnetic bottom. If a magnet sticks to the cookware bottom, it should be compatible. Lightweight and attractive design makes it great for home and outdoor cooking. Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved and built to North American electrical standards.
Cuisinart is a popular name in all things kitchen, and their ICT-60 induction cooktop offers another double option for those who want more cooking space. This cooktop offers cooking spaces of two different sizes, with 8 heat settings on the left burner and 5 heat settings on the smaller right burner. Each ring also has an individual timer that goes up to 150 minutes, as well as separate on/off switches. This cooktop saves energy not just with its induction technology but also with the bright LED display, and the heat shuts off after 30 seconds if the pan is removed too.
Here is a demo of the ICT-60:
This cooktop measures 5.2 x 26.8 x 17 inches, so it doesn’t take up too much space but still offers ample size for cooking, making it ideal for an RV or small kitchen. If you’re not too keen on touch buttons, this cooktop features standard buttons that are slightly raised so that you can both see and feel what you’re pressing. It’s easy to operate and gives you plenty of control over both burners.
Using induction heat is already safer than a gas burner, giving off no fumes and reducing the amount of heat that goes out into the room. This cooktop makes it even safer by turning the heat off when you remove the pan. It heats up quickly, simply plugs in so that you can get started with it right away, and offers you plenty of space to do your cooking.
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Throws off less heat so kitchens stay cooler
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed.UC Cubic Feet: 1.38
For another option from Duxtop, the 9600LS has just one plate for cooking. This makes it ideal for anyone with limited space who only needs the use of one pan. You might use it in your RV, get it out when you have guests and need to do some extra cooking, or use it in your small home if you don’t have a proper cooktop. It’s a compact 14 x 11.4 x 2.5 inches, so it won’t take up much space on whichever surface you choose to place it on, or when you store it away somewhere. The heating area of the cooktop is 8 inches, but larger pans can be used too, although they might take longer to heat up.
The safety features for this cooktop include a child safety lock to prevent small fingers from playing with the controls. The heat will shut off after 60 seconds if no pan is used or if the wrong cookware is being used. If anything is wrong, you will get diagnostic error messages to tell you what the problem is. There is a low and high voltage warning system too. The unit’s fan runs while the heat is on but also continues to run when the heat is off, which helps it to continue cooling off.
Like some other units, this cooktop offers power mode and temperature mode for extra control. It offers excellent value for anyone looking for an extra cooktop or a portable option for their RV or trailer.
- Digital LCD Sensor-Touch Control Panel; Child Safety Lock system (press and hold the Safety Lock Key for 3 sec to activate), Fast Boil button & Keep Warm button.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120 volts, 15 amps of electricity - standard in all homes; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 10 hours; 20 temperature ranges from 100°F to 460°F; 20 power levels from 100-1800Watts; 5 ft cord.
- REQUIRES INDUCTION COMPATIBLE MAGNETIC COOKWARE. Compatible with Duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved and built to North American Standards.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction cooktop, you need to have the right kind of cookware. The "rule of thumb" to determine if your cookware is induction ready is; if a magnet sticks to the bottom of the cooking vessel, it is induction ready. Induction itself is a noiseless process; however there may be high pitched sounds from clad cookware, the base of which has multiple layers of metals sandwiched together. 2-year Manufacturer's warranty.
The Secura 9100MC portable induction cooktop from Duxtop offers another option for anyone who wants a single heat plate. It measures 14 x 11.4 x 2.1 inches to provide a compact solution that’s suitable for anyone with limited space. This cooktop offers an impressive 15 power levels, so even though you only have space for one pan, you have full control over the temperature. It has power levels from 200 to 1800 watts and temperature levels from 140 to 460 degrees. The digital control panel makes it easier to control everything and choose the right settings.
Safety features of this cooktop include auto-pan detection so that it switches off when you take off the pan. It has protection to prevent overheating and a diagnostic error system, plus a low and high voltage warning system. The built-in timer shuts off automatically and can be set for up to 170 minutes. It has an LED display and control panel that’s easy to read, with its tilted design. This cooktop heats up quickly but remains energy-efficient and doesn’t make too much noise when it’s turned on, plus it’s perfectly safe to use too.
This single burner induction cooktop is small and lightweight, so it’s easy to move around, store or travel with in your RV. If you need extra cooking space, you can get hold of this cooktop at an excellent value price.
- 15 power levels from 200-1800Watts; 15 temperature range from 140 Degree Fahrenheit to 460 Degree Fahrenheit
- Digital control panel; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage
- Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 min increments up to 170 minutes; The auto-pan detection; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system
- REQUIRES INDUCTION COMPATIBLE MAGNETIC COOKWARE. Compatible with Duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards, 120V 60Hz AC; 2-year warranty; ETL approved
This single-plate induction cooktop from Rosewill features 5 pre-programmed settings, which include warm milk, stir fry, soup, fry, and hot pot. This is a handy feature that helps it to stand out from other options. It also has 8 temperature options, which will take you from 150 to 450 degrees in no time at all. This cooktop has a large LED display and a 24-hour timer, as well as touch sensor control panel and protection from overheating. It even comes with a stainless steel pot so that you have everything that you need to cook.
The heat settings go up in 50-degree increments, which makes it easy to control, and it has more heat options that many other cooktops. You can use this cooktop with pots and pans as small as 4 inches in diameter, and the largest recommended size is 10.5 inches. It measures a compact 14.8 x 11.7 x 2.4 inches and weighs only 8.6 pounds. The heating element measures 7 inches in diameter.
While the free pan that comes with this cooktop isn’t the best quality, the cooktop itself is an excellent choice. It offers a lot for the low price that it’s available at, giving you plenty of control over your cooking.
- 5 Pre-Programmed Settings: Warm Milk, Soup, Stir Fry, Fry, Hot Pot
- Polished A-grade Crystal Plate Surface
- LED Large Screen Display, 4 digits
- 8 Temperature settings from 150 to 450 Degree : 150 Degree, 200 Degree, 250 Degree, 300 Degree, 350 Degree, 400 Degree, 425 Degree, 450 Degree
- Safety Compliance: ETL/FCC
When you’re looking for the right portable cooktop, choose one that’s the right size and offers enough temperature control for your needs. The best portable induction cooktop is one that works for you. Don’t forget to make sure that you have the correct pans to use with an induction surface.