The Top 7 Portable Fish Finders Reviewed
Portable fish finders are ideal for anyone looking to catch fish in a more efficient way. They can make the fishing experience more fun and more enjoyable, no matter what kind of fishing you want to do. They’re also much more suitable for many people than regular finders because of their portability; that’s what most people are now looking for from a fish finder.
With so many options to choose from, we’ve assembled a list of the best fish finders available right now. Whether you’re looking to buy your very first portable fish finder or you want an upgrade on the model you currently own, you’ll find the details you need about all of the best options below. Read on now and find out about their features and benefits before making your next fish finder purchase.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Portable Fish Finder is the Deeper PRO+ Smart Sonar.
The Best Portable Fish Finders
The Deeper Pro+ Smart Sonar is one of the most versatile and impressive portable fish finders available on the market right now. It’s clearly been designed to offer a range of tech options that aren’t offered by other fish finders and it brings them together in an aesthetically pleasing package. It has a range of built-in features that really make it stand out as one of the top fish finders out there right now.
Wireless and Castable
This is a wireless and castable fish finder system. You can use it remotely and it has built-in GPS that allows you to find fish efficiently. You can create bathymetric maps from the shore using the Deeper Pro+ Smart Sonar.
Dual Beam Sonar Frequency
The fantastic scanning performance of the Deeper Pro+ Smart Sonar is possible thanks to the dual beam sonar frequency used by the device. It casts up to 330 feet and scans down to 260 feet, offering you a level of performance you won’t be disappointed by.
Its Own Wifi Signal
It also uses its own wifi signal that you can easily connect to. This is what allows you to connect the sonar device to your smartphone and start being able to find fish and see where you should be directing your fishing efforts.
Display Maps on Your Smartphone
All of the maps you create with the help of the Deeper Pro+ Smart Sonar can be displayed on your smartphone as direct communication is possible between the device and your phone. It’s a convenient way to find fish.
- HIGHEST SPEC CASTABLE SONAR: casts further, scans deeper, more features than any other. Syncs with iOS/Android devices. Use for shore, boat, ice fishing
- INBUILT GPS: enables you to create bathymetric maps from the shore, Enjoy free access to Lake book, Deeper' s bathymetric management platform where you can save, review and analyze all of your maps on any device from the comfort of home
- ROCK SOLID CONNECTIVITY: Syncs to phone/tablet using WiFi (like a hotspot). NO INTERNET IS NEEDED. Turn OFF Cellular data for uninterrupted connection
- INCREDIBLE DATA: Scans down 260ft, 0.5" target separation, dual beam (broad/narrow), 15 scans per sec. Map depth, find structure, vegetation and fish
- BOAT FISHING: Install in secs, no cables or batteries, smooth trolling. ICE FISHING: 3.5oz, no cables, flasher display + zoom, 0.5" target separation
There are a few scenarios in which the Garmin Striker 4 really excels. It’s most impressive when you need a good fish finder for ice fishing, but users also enjoy putting it to work when they’re fishing in kayaks and canoes. It’s a very functional product and it’s easy to use as well. It’s not difficult to see why so many people who want to get started with fishing or using fish finders choose this one.
Easy to Use for Beginners
It’s easy to use for beginners to start using the Garmin Striker 4. If you’re looking for an all-round fish finder that you can pick up and start using right away, this is perhaps the one you should turn to. It offers you the capabilities you’ll require.
Small and Easy to Carry
It’s also one of the smallest portable fish finders that you can buy on the market right now. That in itself is something that you definitely shouldn’t overlook or dismiss. It makes it easy to use and carry around wherever you want to take it.
Check Your Boat’s Speed
As well as finding fish, you can also track the speed at which your boat is moving. This can help when you’re trolling because you need to know for sure that you’re trolling at the correct speed if you’re going to catch any fish.
The Waypoint Map is the thing that makes the Garmin Striker 4 so effective when it comes to finding fish and navigating in a way that’s easy and straightforward. You can mark locations easily and map your route forward.
- The power of simple - offers a keyed interface with dedicated buttons. The device is easy to use and easy to install. Available in 3.5-, 5- and 7-inch display sizes.
- Waypoint map - use the waypoint map to easily view, mark and navigate to locations such as brush piles, stumps and docks.
- Chirp sonar - chirp sends a continuous sweep of frequencies which provides a wider range of information. Chirp sonar is able to create crisper fish arches with better target separation.
- Built-in flasher - view your sonar data in the classic flasher format; Ideal for ice fishing or vertical jigging.
This castable fish finder will offer you 10 hours of continuous use on a single charge and is suitable for fresh and saltwater fishing. It casts far and scans deep, so it’s definitely not a device that should be overlooked if you want a fish finder you can rely on in a variety of different situations. It has a lot to offer and you can find out more about it below.
Good Casting Range
The Lucky FF718LiC Fish Finder offers a very good casting range and that’s obviously one feature that’s really important when you’re buying a fish finder. There’s no castable sonar that has a better range than this one.
Easy to Use as an Entry Level Fish Finder
It’s pretty easy to pick up the Lucky FF718LiC Fish Finder and start using it right away. That’s because the device has been designed as one that’s suitable for entry level users. It’s definitely one thing that makes this device stand out.
Well Made and Durable
It’s well made and durable enough to withstand plenty of usage. The overall build is solid and won’t let you down. Users find that it’s a device they can rely on and make use of for a long time without any problems arising at all.
It’s a versatile fish finding device that can be used in a variety of different contexts. It’s ideal for shore fishing, kayak fishing, boat fishing and ice fishing. In short, it can be used in just about whichever way you want to use it thanks to its versatility.
- Find fish, water depth,water temperature, bottom contour
- Depth Capability: Cable 328feet(100m); Wireless 147feet(45m)
- Sonar Coverage: 45 degrees beam angle in 200Khz(Cable)/ 90 degrees beam angle in 125Khz(Wireless)
- Wireless operational Range: 328feet(100m) Display: 2.8 inch LCD with 3 color tone: Blue, Red and Gray
- please note that Don't test the fishfinder in swimming pool,bathtub, bucket, fish tank, sink etc.
The Lucky FF1108 Fish Finder is just as suited to amateurs as it is fishing pros. This should tell you a lot about the quality and ease of use that it offers. You’ll have no problems getting to grips with it, and when you do, you’ll realize just how much it has to offer and how many features you can benefit from when using it. It’s not to be ignored.
It’s a multi use fish finder, so you can choose to tie the fishing line to the sonar sensor and cast it or you can attach the adaptor to the boat hull. You can also use it for a variety of fishing styles, including ice fishing, river fishing, sea fishing and shore fishing.
You can choose the alarm settings and then when the fish finder detects fish that correspond with the settings you choose, the alarm will sound. You’ll then be made aware of the presence of the fish and be able to catch them.
You can also choose how sensitively you want the fish finder to perform. There are settings from 1 to 10, and the higher the number, the more sensitive it will be. And the more sensitive it is, the more detail the finder is able to detect when in us.
Affordable with Reliable Performance
It’s a very affordable fish finder and this is something that customers obviously love. And on top of that, the performance offered by this fish finder is very reliable, which is vital for anyone looking to invest in a new fish finder.
- The portable fish finder, with 2.4inch TFT color LCD screen, can detect and display underwater contour, water depth, water temperature and fish size with depth. It has two user modes: WIRELESS/SIMULATION. You can try all functions in simulation mode and go fishing in wireless mode.
- The wireless sonar transducer, with fish attractive lamp, makes it easier to detect fishes. It has a transparent replacement cover, so you can see where the sensor is even in the dark.
- The wireless fish finder supports 196FT(60m) wireless operating range(There is an antenna on the left top of the hand held, please pull it out), 147FT(45m) depth detection. You can go fishing in different ways with it, such as ice fishing, river fishing, sea fishing, fishing off the shore, kayak fishing or fishing in the night.
- Various features settings: detect sensitivity, screen brightness, depth range, zoom, depth alarm, fish alarm, fish icon, units alter and language choose.
- Both of the wireless fish finder and the sonar are rechargeable. Come with a USB cable for charging. The hand held can last 4 hours with full charge and the sonar sensor can last 10 hours with full charge.
This easy to use portable fish finder from Venterior comes with plenty of features packed into one small package. If you’re looking for a fish finder that can do lots of things well, the Venterior VT-FF001 might be the one that you’re looking for. You can find out all about its wide variety of features and capabilities below, so read on now.
Suitable for All Kinds of Fishing
The Venterior VT-FF001 is suitable for all kinds of fishing needs. And this versatility is a definite benefit of this device. It’s been designed with the needs of ice fishing, boat fishing and shore and pier fishing in mind.
There’s also a fish alarm that you can make use of, allowing you to be directly alerted when you’re close to the kinds of fish that you’re looking to catch in a particular location. It’s an audible alarm and you can turn it on and off when you want.
Displays Weeds, Sand and Rocks
As well as showing you where the fish are, this fish finder will also tell you where the weeds, sand and rocks are located. This can help you to get a better idea of where you’re fishing and what’s beneath you.
Accurate Depth Readings
Users of this device often note how accurate the depth readings are, and this is something that many fishermen find very important in a device like this. That accuracy can make a real difference when you’re fishing.
- Shows you what is in the water: Detects and displays water depth, approximate fish location (suits for all sorts of fish), short & tall weeds, sand & rocks on seabed. Suitable for fishing from a kayak, off the dock, and ice fishing. You can use the fish finder on moving kayak with slowly speed below 5mph (make sure the bottom of the transducer is horizontal).
- Easy to Use: Toss the transducer into water and turn on the display unit, it will show you the water depth and approximate fish depth if fish schools passing by. It has 5 user selectable sensitivity; battery save mode; backlight mode ; fish alarm; unit of measure. Setting can be saved when turned off.
- Very portable that you can take it anywhere: It comes with neck strap that allow you to wear it around neck when you are busy on the kayak. And you can easily store the fish finder in your tackle box. The fishfinder is powered by 4 AAA batteries. It lasts 4-5 hours with new batteries in continuous use. It can be used in fresh water as well as salt/sea water.
- Accurate Depth Reading: The fish finder use sonar to detect water depth and fish location. Sonar Frequency is 200 kHZ. Detectable area is 45 degrees beam angle under the sonar transducer. Detectable depth range is from 3ft/1m to 328ft/100m below the sonar transducer.
- Warranty and Brand Support: The Venterior Portable Fish Finder is covered by a 2-year Warranty. Any issue of the fish finder after purchase, please don't hesitate to contact our brand support (warranty card comes with product in package), we will response within 24 hours every day online.
Whether you are out fishing for pleasure or fishing with a purpose, you will want to know what fish are close by and whether your bait and line are in the right place. One of the best ways for you to do that is to get a fishes eye view of the world with the Eyoyo Portable Fish Finder.
The Eyoyo Portable Fish Finder has a 1000TVL HD camera that works underwater and has a waterproof level of IP68. You can use the camera up to a depth of 30m and you will get clear pictures sent straight back to your screen. The camera has a running time of up to eight hours when the lithium battery is fully charged, meaning you get a full day fishing on one charge.
Of course, it may not be so light down there under the surface of the water, but that is not a problem. This camera comes equipped with twelve strong night vision LED lights that can be turned on or off whenever needed. The lights are separated from the camera in order to prevent any of the water spray heading into the camera.
The pictures from the camera can be viewed through a 5.7 inch TFT color monitor that comes with a sun visor for easy viewing whatever the weather. The camera comes in a firm and durable metal case.
Of course, fishing is not the only use for an underwater camera, you could also take it diving or snorkeling, or even swimming.
- 7" Color LCD Monitor: This underwater video fishing camera has a 7 inch large TFT color screen with 800*480 Pixels and removable sun-visor ideal for bright environments
- 1000TVL camera: The definition of the camera is up to 1000TV lines, which is clearer than the 800TV lines camera.
- With 12pcs Infrared LEDS: With 12pcs IR LED Lights, fishes will be seen more clearly in the dark environment. Please note: the image will turn to black and white if you open the infrared light.
- Equiped with Carrying Case: The waterproof suitcase is mini and portable, Which is very convenient for you to carry anywhere you want.
- Up to 8 Hours Working Time: The continuous using time of the lithium battery can up to 8 hours when the battery is full charged.
In this day and age, waiting for the fish to come to you should never be an option. Finding where they are is vital if you want to catch as many as you can in as little time as you can. This is made easier with the Humminbird 410150-1 PiranhaMAX 4, a device that really works hard to pinpoint where the fish are all to be found, taking out the uncertainty involved and leaving your focus all of your attention in the right areas.
Using dual beam sonar, this handy device will let you know exactly what is swimming under your boat. You can choose between the narrow or wide solar beam so that you get the best detail and coverage possible. This will allow you to spot fish and identify other structures or contours in the sea below. The sonar works to a depth of 320ft and supports 200/455 Khz.
The Humminbird 410150-1 PiranhaMAX 4 has a large, clear 4.3-inch display that is easy to see and provides the users with an easy to use interface which uses Fish ID+, and features fish alarms, depth alarms, and the ability to zoom.
The Pirahna MAX 4 comes equipped with a twist and swivel mount which will allow you to adjust your viewing angle with speed and ease. Not only is this sonar fish spotting device very useful when you are out on the water, but it is also very smart looking too.
- Display Size Diagonal - 4.3-Inch
- Dual Beam Sonar
- 2400 watts PTP/300 Watts RMS
- Depth Sonar 320 ft (20) 455 kHz, 600 ft (20) 200 kHz
- Sonar Coverage 28 & 16 @ -10dB
A portable fish finder can completely change how you go fishing and the experiences you have. Now that you’ve read this guide to the best portable fish finders, you’ll be able to make a smart decision regarding which model is able to meet your fishing needs best. So use it to help you buy the right one for you. Any of these models will save your marine battery because they run off of their own power.
How To Use A Fish Finder
Here is a good How-To video demonstrating how to properly use a fish finder: