The Top 5 Mountain Bike Pedals
Most mountain bikes come with stock pedals that are far from ideal. They’re usually cheaply made and poorly sized, which don’t create the best experience when you’re riding. It’s important for both your comfort and safety that you have a reliable and top-quality set of pedals for your mountain bike.
If you don’t know much about mtb pedals, then it can be hard to find the best ones. Therefore, the best thing to do is check reviews and see some of the top products on offer. Thankfully, you’re in the right place! There are five of the best mtb pedals reviewed for you down below, check them out, then buy with confidence:
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Mountain Bike Pedals are the FOOKER MTB Bike Pedal Nylon 3 Bearing Composite.
Best Mountain Bike Pedals
This FOOKER mtb pedal is made out of heavily durable materials that ensure the absolute highest standards of quality. When you think about what these pedals will go through, then it’s vital that they’re made from something that handles a lot of work, withstands harsh weather conditions and can be resistant to bumps and bruises. These ones are constructed out of a combination of nylon composite and Chromoly steel. The nylon part makes up the main sections of the pedal that your feet make contact with. As such, this material has an anti-skidding property that ensures your shoes grip it securely and always stay firmly rooted to the pedal. The chrome part is the axle bearing, which is there to offer more structural integrity and stability – in essence, it ensures the pedals last longer.
When you look at these mountain bike pedals, two things stand out. Firstly, they’re the perfect size to fit the sole of your feet. These are very much flat mountain bike pedals in that they give a nice wide and long based for you to keep your feet on. It just makes it so much easier to pedal your bike and stay in control while riding. The second thing that stands out is the design; it’s very modern, very stylish, and there are 7 really beautiful colors you can choose from. So, if you want to customize the way your mountain bike looks, you can do so here.
Clearly, the quality and design of these pedals are what makes them one of the best mtb pedals out there. But, as a bonus, they’re very easy for you to install. It’s not difficult to screw them into place, and there are clear R and L signs that tell you which pedal is meant for which side.
- DURABLE:Rugged nylon fiber surface+high strength Cr-Mo spindle bike pedals, which has shock-proof, abrasion and corrosion resistance
- SIZE:4.30(L)*3.94(W)*0.98(H)inches,0.79bls each pair,moer fitted to the soles,big tread bicycle pedals provide a more comfortable ride experience,make the ride safer
- Easy To Install:CR-L for left; CR-R for right. Sealed bearing bicycle pedals protect spindles from water and dust which will cause noise and other problems, let you enjoy cycling in raining or climbing
- Anti-Skid Nail:Anti-skid nails on each side provide more secure on the pedals and hold your feet in place. Even if they are covered with a thick layer of mud after a muddy ride, you don't worry your feet slipping off the pedals
- Standard: 9/16" spindle fits for BMX, MTB, Mountain Bike, Hybrid bike, Old School, Cruiser, Cyclocross Bike, Dirt Jumper, Folding Bike, Road Bike- Touring, Track Bike, Unicycle, Urban Bike - Fixed Gear 2 configuration:3 bearings and needle roller bearing can be chosen.
With a fascinating design and hard-wearing materials, the Mzyrh Mountain Bike Pedals will undoubtedly give your bike a considerable upgrade. They’re mountain bike platform pedals that are made from very high strength aluminum alloy. By using this material, it gives the advantage of highly impressive durability and resistance to scrapes or knocks. This makes them perfect for mountain bikes as you can traverse through tricky environments and pick up a few bumps and bruises along the way.
They’re large and flat pedals that mean they fit a variety of different shoe sizes. People with small feet will find them comfortable to use just as much as people with big feet. This is helped by the small nails that protrude from the pedal surface, offering ant-skid capabilities. Basically, they help give your feet more grip, so it’s less likely they slip off and cause accidents.
You feel in control when you use these mountain bike pedals, and they stand up to a lot of resistance. They feel rock solid under your feet, even when you’re standing up while pedaling and putting the full force of your bodyweight through them. It just provides you with so much confidence and assurance, and they’re so easy for you to install as well. Also, the color design is pretty special and looks very funky. You’ve got a fair few to pick from, and they really jazz up your mountain bike!
- 1.Smooth:Lubricated sealed bearing platform pedals 3 Bearing
- 2.Anti-skid pins : Anti-slip cleats design, strong grasps, no longer skid, better for riding or racing
- 3.Weight & Size: 0.45lb, 4.1in x 3.58in x 1.0in (105mm x 91mm x 26mm) each
- 4.Good pedals grips:Aluminum ANTI-SKID nails for efficiency pedaling.Easy installation: L for left pedal; R for right pedal.
- 5.Durable:High Strength Aluminum Alloy possess durable flat pedals fit for mountain bike pedals , road bike pedals, bmx pedals , exercise bike pedals , fixie bike pedals,folding bike pedals
If you were making a purchase based on looks alone, then these could be the best mtb pedals on your radar. They have a very striking design that stands out thanks to the metallic shine. Each of the five colors provides a unique look, but the glossiness just gives them that premium appearance that really adds something extra to your bike.
It’s not just about looks here, there are some genuinely impressive features as well. They’re constructed from excellent quality aluminum to provide that robustness you need in good mountain bike pedals. There’s a very flat design that helps give your feet a stable platform to grip onto without sliding off, and they’re the perfect width for universal use. To further improve things, they have the usual anti-skid nails that just add a whole new dimension to the pedals and make slipping almost impossible – particularly if you’re wearing spikes.
In the end, you end up with a pair of well-rounded mountain bike pedals. They do just about everything you could ask from them; they provide extra stability and security from a durable aluminum platform, they offer extra control and confidence with the anti-skid features, and they’re perfectly sized to keep your feet in place. It’s also worth noting that they’re dual-sided, so it doesn’t matter which side they’re flipped onto! Anyone can install them too, and they’re meant to be suitable for all kinds of mountain bikes, so they’ll fit yours easily.
- SMOOTH BEARINGS: Lubricated sealed bearing flat pedals features sturdy and stable, keep flat pedals spin smooth and without noise.The spindle was made of chrome-molybdenum steel material, which is stronger than ordinary steel and features better load-bearing performance.
- GREAT GRIP: 12 aluminum ANTI-SKID nails in the surface for efficiency pedaling. This bike pedals prevent your shoes from sliding off when it is wet,and whatever position you place your feet that’s where they stay on. The extra studs and tools are also provided for replacement needs.
- BIG PLATFORM & LIGHTWEIGHT: This platform pedals weights only 422g (pair),102mm large platform pedals supports the foot more evenly when riding, provide more comfortable riding experience for you. Hollow design on the surface not only reduces the weight of the pedal but also reduce the wind resistance during riding.
- DURABLE & STURDY: High strength aluminum pedals fit for mountain bike pedals , road bike pedals, bmx pedals , exercise bike pedals, fixie bike pedals,folding bike pedals.
- EASY TO INSTALL: CR-L for left,CR-R for right. 9/16 sturdy spindle built to last. Great quality guarantee & limited one-year manufacturer's warranty included.
Precision is the keyword when analyzing the SOLODRIVE Mountain Bike Flat Pedals. Everything about this product has been engineered with you in mind. The purpose of them is to give you something that feels so comfortable and makes your riding experience the best it can be. This all starts with the simple and practical design, which has been constructed using a CNC laser cutting machine for sheer precision.
The body and axles are made out of two different materials; T6 aluminum alloy for the body and Cr-Mo for the axles. There’s a reason these two materials were chosen – they provide the perfect combination of strength, durability, and weight. The aluminum alloy is so strong it can withstand hefty loads and deal with all kinds of minor bangs or scrapes.
Believe it or not, but you get all of this strength and durability out of a pedal that’s 0.5 inches thick. It was a conscious decision to make them this thin as it gives you an extra inch or two of clearance from ground obstacles. So, there’s less risk of the pedals catching onto small stones or branches that are sticking out of the ground! Due to the ultra-thin design, it makes the pedals more lightweight too. As a result, when you’re pedaling, it doesn’t make your feet feel heavy, and you can almost put more effort into it, allowing you to go faster.
After just a few minutes with these pedals, you’ll soon realize they’re premium-quality. The flat pedal design is ergonomic for your feet, and you have plenty of grip pins to stop any skidding. One extra feature that’s really quite useful is that you can take out or replace all the pins. So, if you find it more comfortable with some taken out, then it’s up to you. Likewise, if you lose one or some get damaged, then you can replace them without needing to buy new pedals!
- STRONG and DURABLE - CNC machined 6061 T6 Aluminium Alloy Pedal Body optimized for low weight and high strength.
- EXCELLENT GRIP - Flat pedal designed with 9 replaceable steel Pins per side provide great grip and extremely reliable.
- ULTRA THIN and LARGE PLATFORM - Only 0.5inch thickness ulra thin design gives you max clearance to reduce pedal strikes and deflect off trail obstacle,102x105mm(LxW) super grippy large platform keep your feet planted on even the roughest of trails
- LONG LIFESPAN - 9/16 CNC machined Cr-Mo axles contribute to the durability and long lifespan of each pedal.
- LIGHT WEIGHT - 342g/12 ounce per pair
As you can see from the product images, these mountain bike pedals are visually very different from all the rest. They feature a unique concave design that helps create more control while you’re pedaling. Also, the slightly curved design helps move your feet to a more natural position, which means it takes less effort to pedal, maximizing your efficiency!
Unlike the other mtb pedals, these ones feature three different pin height settings. These are here to accommodate different riding styles and feet placements. Essentially, they make sure you get all the grip you need no matter how you choose to ride your bike. The pins are replaceable too so you can get some new ones after a while of using these, just to ensure you maintain the best grip strength possible.
The pedals are extra wide as well, which creates lots of room for your foot. You don’t feel like your feet are overlapping the side of the pedals, giving them some extra comfort points. What’s more, you really get a sense of quality when you hold these mountain bike pedals and feel them under your feet. They’re made out of a solid aluminum body with an extra strong axle. The result is something that almost feels as though it couldn’t break even if you tried your very hardest to get it to do so!
- Unique shape with concave platform for better control and efficiency
- Extra-wide and especially low profile
- 3 different pin height settings to match different styles of riding
- Replaceable pins; screwed in from the back for easy maintenance
- Extra strong axle
Mountain Bike Pedals Buyer’s Guide
You need the best mountain bike pedals if you want to ride around with extra stability, security, and comfort. All five of these products could be brilliant for you, it’s just a case of finding out what works best. Set yourself a budget, and make sure you think about how often you use your bike and the conditions it will end up in. For repetitive use in very harsh environments, then it pays to invest in some premium mtb pedals as you know they’ll last for longer.
Read through the reviews, weigh up the pros and cons, and you’ll quickly find the very best mountain bike pedals your money can buy.
Here is a great YouTube video explaining what you need to know about mountain bike pedals, and how to choose the best ones for you: