The Top 5 Motorcycle Speakers Reviewed
Take a moment to picture yourself cruising the open road on your beautiful two-wheeled beast of a machine. It’s a perfect vision that’s enough to get any biker excited, but it’s still missing one thing: the ultimate music playlist. Thankfully, with the best motorcycle speakers on the market, adding this winning ingredient to the recipe for success is easier than ever.
It wasn’t that long ago that quality motorcycle speakers were limited to the high-end bikes. Nowadays, the use of Bluetooth speakers for motorbikes can be used with virtually any model. They offer the volume and clarity needed to enjoy your favorite tunes regardless of what speed you’re traveling at. Moreover, they are a far safer option than wearing headphones that could potentially cancel out the important road noises.
The benefits of equipping your bike with the best motorcycle Bluetooth speakers are clear, but finding the right solution may feel like an uphill struggle. Until now. We’ve done all the hard work by shortlisting five of the best options, which offer something for every setup preference imaginable. The road to a smart purchase starts now.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Motorcycle Speakers is the LEXIN S3 Motorcycle Bluetooth Speakers.
50 Watts of Power for a Crystal Clear Listening Experience!
The Lexin S3 stereo speakers instantly stand out for their bullet shaped bar-mount chrome design, and are capable of adding something special to the look of any modern motorbike. However, they offer so much more than estehtic beauty and are an excellent addition for any music-loving rider.
They may be a little more expensive than some models on the market, but this is compensated for by the quality of the speakers, which will boom the sound to your ears with 50 Watts of unmistakable clarity. Moreover, the S3 stereo speakers boast some very cool features, such as the ability to charge your smartphone or music device through the USB cable – which also serves as a connection to the device if you don’t want to pair them through Bluetooth.
Despite the small size of around 4 inches, they boast a good weight, which stops them from moving out of position due to the wind or bumps. Installation is easy while the product package includes everything needed to complete this task to the best standards. Moving is easily accomplished if needed, although there’s no threat of accidentally knocking the device out of place.
Lexin is a brand that you can trust, and the S3 Bluetooth speakers certainly provide everything you’d expect from their products. Finally, the FM radio boasts good reception, which gives you an alternative option when your iPhone playlist gets boring. As an all-rounder, this is unquestionably one of the best motorcycle Bluetooth speaker systems on the market.
- Finally, an all-weather bullet shape bar-mount speaker system with extremely loud volume that provides premium sound. 3" stereo speakers include built-in Bluetooth A2DP stereo, USB, and an FM radio tuner, with a 50-watt power amplifier. Stream stereo music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled device or USB audio source.
- Easy installation, just pair or plug to play. Mounting Hole Size:7/8"-1.25''.USB for MP3/WMA/WAV Music Stream.
- Waterproof Design, Handles All Weather Conditions.
- New Metallic Housing With Polish Chrome Treatment, Fit Excellent With Your Bike. Bluetooth A2DP Wireless Stereo System For Biking, Cycling And Racing - Max Speed: 80 Mph
- Bluetooth v4.0 connectivity to listen to music direct from your mobile phone of BT enabled music player using the A2DP profile.
BOSS the Roads in Style!
The powerful Bluetooth speakers from BOSS are available as two speakers or four and offer everything you could need for a more enjoyable ride. They boast a compact design, fantastic clarity, and can be easily installed to any handlebar ranging from ¾” to 1&¼”. However, you will need to take the amp and extra wires into account too.
One of the best features about the MCBK420B is that the volume control is attached to the amplifier rather than the speaker, meaning you can place it wherever feels best. Unlike some models on the market, you won’t need a windshield in order to hear the music with crystal clear hearing. Crucially, the Bluetooth technology connects quickly and provides a very consistent and reliable connection throughout the ride. The stress of dropped sound is a thing of the past.
Perhaps the biggest limitation revolves around equalizing your music. Instead of doing this on the speaker, though, you’ll simply complete this on your device for a simple solution. Once this is mastered, the sound you get is more than capable of matching models at a far higher price point. This makes the system one of the best budget options out there, regardless of whether you choose the double or quadruple speaker option.
While the black plastic housing might not look ideal on all bikes, it will suit most. Moreover, this is an extremely affordable solution for your music speaker needs without compromising on quality. Ultimately, that has to be the priority for any rider.
- BLUETOOTH: Play and control a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly
- AMPLIFIER: A 2 channel Bluetooth, compact, weatherproof, class A/B amplifier is included.
- WEATHERPROOF: The MCBK420B has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements
- SPEAKERS: Also included are two 3-inch matte black full range speakers. The adjustable brackets will fit handlebars from ranging from .75" to 1.25"
- PLAYBACK: A 3.5 mm auxiliary input located on the side of the amplifier is compatible with audio outputs of smartphones and MP3 players
An Out of this World Riding Experience!
The Planet Audio PMC4B Bluetooth speaker set can be bought as dual speakers or quadruple speakers, offering great flexibility depending on the volume required and whether you desire stereo or surround sound capabilities. The 4-channel amplifier and 3-inch speakers turn your bike into a moving disco. Whether playing the radio, music stored on an iPod, or a Spotify playlist, the clarity and volume are particularly pleasing.
Each of the speakers offers 250W of power, so you won’t be struggling to hear the sound even when riding at high speeds. With the amplifier tucked under your seat, the black speakers offer an inconspicuous setup that doesn’t detract from the beauty of your bike. Meanwhile, the waterproof capabilities can withstand even the greatest downpours.
The flush mount remote is pretty cool, particularly when lit up in blue while wired. The USB is capable of charging phones too, which means you’ll never have to worry about losing power and your playlist in the middle of a ride. The plastics used on the units are a lot stronger than they appear too.
Although the installation may take a little longer, especially if running wires from under the seat to the speakers, the setup will be very reliable once positioned as you desire. Anyone wishing to pump their music in a big way can do far worse than the Planet Audio system – and that’s before you factor in the fantastic price.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (Play and control music and apps like Spotify / Pandora wirelessly)
- Speakers Powered By High Performance 4 Channel Compact Weatherproof Class A / B Amplifier
- 3.5 mm Aux-In Compatible with Audio Output of iPod / iPhone, Smartphones and MP3 Players
- Included: Four 3 Inch Matte Black Speakers, One 4 Channel Amplifier, One Volume Control, Adjustable Brackets Fit Handlebars from .75" to 1.25"
- Ideal for Motorcycles, ATV's, UTV's, Scooters, And Other 12 Volt Applications
A Totally Foursome Setup For The Modern Biker!
Pyle’s PLMCA90 Bluetooth speaker system is comprised of four chrome aluminum 3” bullet speakers that each deliver 300Watts of power for a total output o 1200Watts. If you’re looking for a seriously powerful setup for great clarity and a reliable performance that’s befitting of the highly regarded brand. Even when it’s raining hard, you’ll be able to hear your music with ease, which should make riding a little more tolerable.
The speakers aren’t the cheapest on the market, but you do get quad coverage and remain significantly cheaper than Boom Audio and other high-end brands. Meanwhile, the product comes with chrome clamps, brackets, and all the wires needed for an easy and practical installation. The adjustable features make them suited to most handlebar sizes while the extra long wires are very useful.
Aside from the esthetic beauty of the chrome, the metal speakers offer a little extra weight for great stability while also withstanding adverse weather well. The sound isn’t just loud, it’s particularly crisp. The USB charger will power up your device and offers an alternative to the Bluetooth connection without losing any clarity or consistency.
Volume can be controled with great ease by using your finger, which is also ideal for when you want to drop the sound in residential areas or increase it when hitting the highway. Ultimately, Pyle delivers a great looking, excellent performing, four-speaker and 4-channel amplification system at a pleasing price. They are particularly ideal if metal is a prominent feature on the handlebars but, in truth, will add style and function to any bike.
- 300 Watts X 4 Channel Micro Amplifier with Wire Harness - Chrome Stainless Universal Handlebar Audio Mount - Amplifier Dimensions : 3.05''(W) x 1.19''(H) x 5.71''(L)
- 3.5mm Stereo Input Jack, Easy Connection to the Output of Other Audio Devices Like D/MP3/iPod - 12 Volt T-TAP - Sold as: Unit
- Quad Chrome Aluminum Bullet Style 3'' Speakers / Neodymium Magnet Structure - USB charger & Satellite 5V plug
- Two Pairs of Chrome Clamps - Easy Chrome Stainless Mounting Brackets and Accessories included
- Universal Handlebar Mount Rotary Volume Control - Speaker Dimensions: 2.5''(W) x 2.5''(H) x 3''(L)
A Simple Yet Stylish Solution to Your Music Needs!
GoldenHawk’s Bluetooth motorcycle speakers come in at the budget end of the marketplace, but they do the job well. They fit any handlebar from 7/8” to 1& ¼” and can connect to any music-playing Bluetooth device for a reliable connectivity. Furthermore, a choice of colors lets you pick a solution that suits your preferences and bike.
While it lacks some of the advanced features like USB charging, the speaker is waterproof and has an audio jack. It also has a clock display. The buttons for volume and modes are conveniently placed between the two speakers. One of the great things about this speaker’s all-in-one unit design is that it can be used on jet skis and other vehicles with handlebars – not least because they are waterproof.
This is one of the easiest units to mount while there’s no need for running extra wires. The power won’t match some of the high-end options or boast the bass of the expensive units, but the sound is still very clear even when riding at high speeds. Heavy rainfall is arguably the only issue that will disrupt the sound clarity. Despite some telltale signs that it is a cheaper model, the design actually looks very sleek and modern on all brands of motorcycle.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use speaker system that can be installed with ease and controlled all from the comfort of your handlebars, this is a great option. The fact it doesn’t take up space from the seat or other parts of the bike can be seen as highly beneficial too. Moreover, as a second generation model, the few minor bugs of the old unit have been ironed out.
- [Generation 2] - Updates: New Mounting Clamp Supports 7/8" to 1 1/4" Handlebar. Included Set of 2 Optional Stainless Steel Extension Mounting Bracket for More Custom Installation. Included 59" Battery Cable Harness with Ring Terminal Connector Ready.
- GoHawk / GoldenHawk Dual Waterproof Motorcycle Stereo Speakers with Aluminum Stereo Main Unit. High Performance Power Amplifier Built-in. Speaker Clamp Universal fit 7/8 - 1 1/4" handlebar. Support Bluetooth Wireless connection up to 15 meters.
- 3.5mm Audio Jack AUX IN Available. Support USB and microSD Card MP3 files. (USB Charging NOT Supported). FM Radio. Clock Display.
- Bluetooth Wireless: Stream your favorite music and radio channel from your smartphone. Compatible with iPhone 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / X, iPod, Samsung Android Galaxy S Note Series and any smartphone devices.
- Superb Crystal Sound Quality. Advanced Waterproof Design. Digital Display. Silver Stereo Unit Built with High Quality Aluminum Material. Perfect for Motorcycle Scooter Jet Ski ATV UTV Electric Bike Marine Boat. Great for outdoor use. Easy Installation: Comes with all necessary hardware and wiring. Plug and Play. Standard 12V Power Connection.
We hope this list of motorcycle speakers gives you enough good options to consider for your bike. If you are interested in more motorcycle accessories, check out our reviews of the best motorcycle jackets, best motorcycle gloves, best motorcycle backpacks, and best motorcycle locks.
How To Install Speakers On A Motorcycle
Here is a video showing how to install bluetooth speakers on a motorcycle: