The Top 5 Motorcycle Jackets Reviewed
When you hear the word “motorcycle,” you likely conjure up an image of someone wearing leathers from top to toe, and you’d be correct. Bikers have always been associated with leather jackets and pants, gloves and a helmet, and for a good reason. The smartest, safest riders make sure that they are wearing the best motorcycle jackets possible because they need to be safe on the road, warm when they ride and ready just in case of impact.
Leather and textile jackets are the best to wear for this, and when it comes to protection, you need the safest quality riding material out there to make sure that your ride is a pleasant one. There’s nothing worse than trying to enjoy a long trip and being soaked to the bone from the rain: you don’t get the same protection as you would in a car.
Mostly, you need to choose leather jackets that promise affordability, waterproofing, a thick outer shell and will keep you ventilated. Motorcycle jackets have more features, designs, colors and shells than ever before, and you need to find the jacket that is fitted to your shape and suits your needs. Taking the time to shop around before you commit is just a good decision. Below, we’ve got five solid options that are all different, but all offer you something you could be looking for for your next motorcycle jacket purchase. Take a look through – we’ve got the best!
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Motorcycle Jacket is the Joe Rocket Atomic Men’s 5.0 Textile Motorcycle Jacket.
One of the most popular men’s motorcycle jackets on the market, the Joe Rocket Atomic Men’s 5.0 Textile Motorcycle Jacket blows most other jackets out of the water. It’s been called a masterpiece, a giver of comfort, protection, and all-around versatility. The jacket itself has been made with durable materials that have enough storage pockets for all your belongings, eliminating your need for a backpack.
It comes fully designed with 360-degree reflective panes and logos that also act as reflectors, and the armor is CE approved. The shoulder and elbow protection is some of the best on the market, with spine armors that detach, giving you a stunning choice of what you want your jacket to look like. As the jacket is waterproof on its roc tex and hitena outer shell, you get unparalleled protection when you ride. The bonus here is that you have a lot of impact resistance if you fall, which makes this jacket a number one choice for safety.
You won’t have to worry about being too warm with this jacket, as there has been a carefully built-in variable flow ventilation system that has waterproof zips. These zips are still easy to work, even with gloves on. The expansion panels are sufficiently flexible, and there are comfortable cuffs made with neoprene. For those who love to look stylish, the jacket is custom adjustable. It’s four-season friendly, so if you want to be kept comfortable and safe, you’re in luck.
- Super comfortable
- Suitable for any ride length
- Comes in various styles and sizes
- Zippers could be more secure
- Combined Waterproof treated Rock Tex and Hitena outer shell for maximum impact resistance
- Externally accessible C.E. approved armor in shoulders & elbows
- Removable Spine Armor with Pocket for Optional C.E. Spine Protector
- Variable Flow ventilation system with waterproof zippers. Fit is just right, with the arms the right length for sport bike riding, as well as upright touring
- Cross Linked Ventilation with Wind Tunnel Cooling Patent Pending
There’s nothing like the classic motorcycle jacket look, and the Milwaukee Leather Men’s Classic Side Lace Police Style leather jacket is one to watch. There is definitely not a shortage of motorcycle jackets on the market, but this one is a jacket that stands out. It’s not just made to look fantastic; it’s one that will keep you comfortable no matter the environment that you are riding in.
The specially designed lighter layer allows the perfect airflow, enabling you to stay comfortable in the heat and warm in the cold. The most significant feature of your new Milwaukee jacket is the design. There’s not many out there that go for the classic side lace police style jacket, and it really does throw the rider back to the old police uniforms from vintage cinema. There are two zippered pockets, with side lace that details with half belt for an easy adjustment. The jacket itself is made from milled cowhide, and the color is a classic.
Some people prefer that they wear jackets that draw attention when they’re worn, but there are others who know the value of a jacket that will stand out for its features and how it looks. For those who aren’t a fan of a colorful jacket with a lot of fuss, this is a perfect choice. It’s a sleek, classic jacket that enables the wearer to stay comfortable.
- This jacket goes from x-small to XXXL
- Genuine leather jacket
- The affordable price tag with a vintage look
- Sizes can run a little small
- No special lining
- Limited color available
- Fitment Note : Please order one size up as the jackets are fitting
Everyone loves an affordable option for their motorcycle accessories, and jackets are one such option that you need to think about before you purchase carefully. The Viking Cycle Ironborn Motorcycle Textile Jacket is a stylish and comfortable option in motorcycle wear. It’s CE approved, ensuring that you have the best impact on your ride.
The structure has removable armor around the hand, and the remaining jacket looks and feels right for the wearer. One of the best features about this jacket is that it’s waterproof, so you can comfortably wear it outdoors in all weathers without any damage to your clothes beneath the jacket. Many factors come about when deciding to choose a new motorcycle jacket, but the Viking Cycle Ironborn jacket has everything that you need – and its more than affordable. Most of the best jackets on the market can run for a few hundred dollars, but the affordability of this jacket makes it an easy pick for most.
The Rock Tex outer shell is ergonomically designed, and the jacket allows you to stay protected, stay cool and stay visible at all times. You’ll find that this jacket has a 6-point Sure Fit system which means that you can customize the jacket to suit your shape. This type of ergonomic design is perfect in an impact, and it allows you to ride flexibly and comfortably.
- Four separate pockets for belongings
- Good ventilation system
- Reflective stripes
- Can be quite hot and bulky
- Waterproof treated Rock Tex 600 Outer Shell Biker Jacket for Men.
- 6 point Sure Fit custom adjustment system.
- Removable C.E. approved armor in shoulders & elbows.
- Removable & insulated full-sleeve liner.
- Removable Spine Armor w/ Pocket for Optional C.E. Spine Protector.
When you want a quality motorcycle jacket, you need to consider whether you are buying from a company just guessing what you want, or from motorcyclists who have been on the road before. With the Textile Motorcycle Jacket Motorbike Jacket, you are getting a high-quality, high corrosion resistant jacket with more protection than you could hope for.
The outer layer is made with 600 Denier Polyester that is fully vented with a 6-vent system. You get two vents in the front, two upper arm vents and two exhaust vents in the back. The zippers are waterproof, giving you the protection from the weather that you need on the road. There are two pockets on the front waist that are also waterproof, and then there are two interior pockets for accessories like cash and phone. You get a lot of storage for a motorcycle jacket with this one, and this makes it a functional choice for the road.
You will find a buckle front adjuster in the waist and in the forearm, which allows you to adjust the jacket to suit your shape. It’s all about your comfort with this jacket, and as it’s fully reflective, you get added security during night time rides. The foam padding on the front and back makes it durable in a crash and on impact.
- Excellent quality
- Not so great during high heat or humidity
- ALL SEASON MOTORCYCLE JACKET, 600D CORDURA CONSTRUCTION Textile Motorcycle Jacket , The HWK Motorcycle Jacket is an all season motorbike jacket at its best: rugged and strong, yet soft and comfortable to the touch to keep you warm during winter, cool during summer and safe at the same time.
- CE APPROVED ARMOURS (REMOVABLE) on the mens motorcycle jackets Back, Elbows & Shoulders
- 100% Waterproof Motorcycle Jacket for men with the help of proper ceiled REISSA MEMBRANE
- MAXIMUM QUALITY at a MINIMUM PRICE: This a bargain, we bet that you would not be able to find a textile motorcycle jacket men at this price in the market. This Waterproof Motorbike Jacket is BREATHABLE & has MESH LINING UNDERNEATH
- Chest Measurement Size Guide(inches): Small 38'', Medium 40'', Large 42'', X-Large 44'', XX-Large 46'', XXXL 48'' . If you're between sizes then please choose the upper size for easy fitting. All weather CE Armoured Motorcycle jacket with REMOVABLE WINTER THERMAL LINING
The Speed and Strength Off The Chain 2.0 Jacket is known as an all-rounder that blends both casual stylings with motorcycle protection. It looks good on, and it functions well no matter the length of your journey. The best feature of water-resistant AR-600 frame means that you can keep protected through all weathers, and the removable armor has been CE tested for impact. The armor itself is removable, with also a removable cotton-poly hooded liner for those colder days.
For your comfort, there is also a lockdown waist adjuster, shoulder expansion gussets and microfiber collar and cuffs. All of the removable pieces have been CE tested, and they come with belt loops so that they can be attached to your pants. For those riders who like hoodies and know that a hoody won’t protect you from an impact crash, this is a perfect medium. This is the jacket that combines what you want from a hoody with what you need from an outdoor motorcycle jacket, and the jacket shell is made with sturdy material to withstand heavy pressure.
- Reflective trim
- Comfortable to wear
- Sizing may be smaller than you need
- Water resistant AR-600 frame
- Removable Vault CE-approved shoulder, elbow, and spine protectors
- Removable cotton poly hooded liner
- Speed Zip ventilation controls
- Reflective trim
We hope this list helps you pick out the right jacket for you. Included in our list are plenty of options with some more functional and some more stylish than others. So you can look cool as well as stay protected. One thing is for sure, just like you should always use a motorcycle lock to protect your bike, you should wear a jacket to protect your body. So throw on your new jacket, crank up the volume on your motorcycle speakers, and hit the road!
How To Make Sure A Motorcycle Jacket Fits
Here is a great YouTube video explaining how to make sure that a motorcycle riding jacket fits you right: