The Top 7 Motorcycle Gloves Reviewed
When you are doing anything sporty, a fall is a risk you take. When you are on the back of a motorcycle, the risk is even more significant. You use your hands to break your fall when it happens and choosing the right gloves can make a difference in how you drive as well as how you land. If you are passionate about being on your motorcycle on the road, then you know the rules about bike gear. You already know that you need to wear them every time, and the one time that you forget would be all you need to remember why you should wear them. They’re not always the most comfortable thing to wear when the weather is hot outside, but there are still plenty of reasons that you should be wearing your motorcycle gloves every single time you ride. Gloves are just one of many pieces of protective gear you should be wearing. Others include a helmet, motorcycle jacket, and boots.
To be able to make your motorcycle experience a good one, you need the lowdown on some of the best motorcycle gloves out there, so let’s take a look at five sets of gloves that could transform your motorcycling experience.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Motorcycle Gloves is the Superbike Leather Motorcycle Gloves.
Best Motorcycle Gloves
This is a set of gloves that were designed for both men and women to wear and it’s designed for comfort and function in mind. These genuine goatskin leather gloves are perfect for maximum durability. The knuckles are hard plastic, and the fingers have foam padding for extra protection. One of the best features about this set is that the index finger on the glove is touch screen capable, so you can fully use your motorcycle speakers.
So, when you stop to check directions or reply to a text safely, you don’t have to go through the rigmarole of removing the gloves just to check your phone. The soft flexibility is designed to enhance your comfort and make your ride one that is simple and sturdy. The gloves themselves come in a range of colors and sizes, so you shouldn’t have an issue with finding the right size for you.
These are wrist length gloves, giving you a classy look and with the interlocking system, you’ll never lose them when they’re not in use. The small velcro closures keep them snug on you while you ride and the reviews are positive when it comes to comfort.
- The goatskin leather is durable and flexible
- Perforated gloves allow for better breathability
- Soft gloves with hard knuckles for added protection
- The interior isn’t as warm as you’d want
- This Model :G01 is designed for Men Riders,the palm will be little wider for Women's hand,please choose Model:G01W (Black Leather with Rose Line)for Women Riders.
- Buckle button can lock the right and left glove together to avoid lost while not use.
- Genuine goatskin leather material:soft,flexible,lightweight,durability with long life.
- Hard plastics knuckle and foam padding on the finger help to assure your hand more protection.
- Touch screen capabilities on the index finger to use mobile and other device without remove the gloves.
FREETOO gloves are the one set of gloves that indeed win when it comes to being the best hard knuckle gloves on the market – for a good reason. The gloves have everything that you would want from a well-made pair of motorcycle gloves, from the function of them right down to the design.
They can protect your hands through all motorbiking activities, giving you the protection that you need when you ride. These gloves have an excellent grip, and it’s helped along by the fact that the palm is made of dual-layer synthetic leather and the gridding is anti-skid. The gloves are designed to be breathable, and the build is rugged with the same double stitching that works in heavy use situations. The variety of choice with the FREETOO gloves is terrific, with a classic version that is used for winter sports. If you are worried about losing these when you take them off during a rest stop, there’s a loop at the bottom of the gloves so that you can attach them to your motorcycle backpack.
These gloves are designed to be lightweight, and they are made to fit true to size. They’re warm, which means that even on the coldest day your hands will stay comfortable. In the heat? They’re designed for breathability, and they’ll not make your hands feel sweaty. The anti-skid palm is designed to soak up the sweat as well as the impact if you fell.
- Great look
- Adjustable velcro strap for comfort fit
- Hard knuckles protect you against impact and abrasion
- Designed for an exceptional fit
- These are not waterproof
- Not touch-screen adapted
- PERFECT PROTECTION : Reinforced palm and double stitching for heavy duty, protect hands from abrasion. Our Tactical Gloves enjoy free returns and replacement in 6 months.
- SUPERIOR GRIP : dual-layer synthetic leather palm featured by anti-skid gridding for adding grip capabilities.EASE of MOVEMENT : fit sunggly into palm and all fingers, wrap tightly around wrist with adjustable wrist Velcro, not stiff, not bulky, allow movement and dexterity.
- BREATHABLE COMFORT : achieved by odor-free breathable materials and functional vent design, comfortable to use in hot weather as well as in mild winter seasons.
- EASE OF MOVEMENT : fit sunggly into palm and all fingers, wrap tightly around wrist with adjustable wrist Velcro, not stiff, not bulky, allow movement and dexterity.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPEDThe tactical gloves were developed for police and special operations units to provide between traction and handling for their operation and also used by the masses for airsoft, paintball, motorcycle riding and outdoor activities.
There are three things that you need to know about this ILM glove set and what was in mind when it was made: comfort, warmth, and safety. These are available in a variety of sizes for the best support, and with the velcro strap on the wrist, you get the maximum heat retention and best fit. There is a U-shape protection on the back of the gloves that ensure that the fit is perfect for your hands.
The arch-shape makes the whole glove ergonomically engineered, with better joint protection. These gloves work as hard as you do and are the best tactical knuckle gloves that you could want for extreme motorcycling activities. The alloy steel knuckles give you the best protection on impact, and while the design is robust, they will sit in your hands comfortably. Any biking enthusiast will appreciate the design and comfort as well as the ILM’s palm that mimics the 3D classic plastic.
It’s reinforced, with non-slip lines that drive home that anti-slip function. You can enjoy a hard grip no matter what you’re doing, and you can choose the size from medium to XX-L so that you have the best gloves that fit your hands.
- Anti-collision design in the palm with anti-slip design, too
- Back of the hand arch, fitting the back of the hand properly
- Waterproof, offering perfect protection against wet weather
- Engineered for ergonomics
- Size and color options
- Thin palm material
- Professional alloy steel protection parts, made by injection molding, 100% full protection, comfortable and fashionable.
- Engineered according to the human body. With maximum protection for the joints, the finger joints are made with anti-collision protection.
- The outer part of the hand is design using a large area of U type protection, the arch-shape is in accordance with the back of the hand.
- The palm was design using a 3D classic plastic non-slip lines to strengthen the anti-slip function.
- This glove gives the palm the maximum degree of anti-slip function and a full range of grasping conditions.
The Milwaukee Leather Men’s Cruiser Gloves are premium quality, with unique perforated leather that add breathability and comfort. The palms of the gloves have gel padding that allows for excellent grip and makes longer rides as comfortable as possible. They’re fashionable, and even the most careful rider who is looking for safety and comfort will love the fit and look of these cruisers.
As crucial as the helmet on your head, these gloves have numerous online reviews that will tell you that these are the best possible choice for your motorcycling. They come in a variety of sizes, so you will find the right fit for comfort. The velcro wrist strap is perfect to adjust the size to fit you well, and if you want the best protection, you need leather gloves with premium quality. As it’s a summer model, you’ll find that these are thinner and lighter than other types, but this is purely to be more comfortable during the hotter weather.
The reduced shock and vibration from the gel palm pads means that you can feel comfortable for longer on road trips and longer journeys, and they still work at lower temperatures – as long as it’s not too cold!
- Soft material maximizes comfort
- Weatherproof design
- Variety of sizes for men
- Sizes can run small
- Premium Leather
- Gel Padded Palm
It doesn’t matter whether you are the most experienced ride around; these are gloves you will love. Made from premium Aniline cowhide leather, you get durable and yet flexible gloves that are comfortable and breathable all at the same time. They’re soft in your hands, but they are resilient, acting against all weathers. They’re comfortable on the back of your palm, with excellent vibration protection through the padded palms.
The gel pad for these gloves can be found on the wrist, and the Velcro strap helps you to get that perfect fit. You can tell just by looking at the quality of the double stitching that you are getting a product that is designed to last you a long time. With three different sizes to choose from, you can make sure that you get the right fit for your motorbiking needs.
The tightest budgeters will appreciate this set of gloves because they are priced reasonably and with the hard wear you get from them, they pay for themselves. This will allow you to afford other accessories such as a motorcycle lock. The carbon fiber knuckle protection is perfect against impact or falls, and the silicon printed grip adds to your stability as you ride.
- Great quality leather
- Knuckle protection sits in the right place for your comfort
- Great for riding every day
- Very well fitting
- Not particularly stretchy
- Top quality Aniline cowhide leather.
- Secure hook and loop wrist closure.
- Carbon fiber knuckle protection.
- Silicone printed grip.
- Palm sliders.
The Alpinestars SMX-1 Air V2 motorcycle gloves will provide your hands with the maximum amount of protection whenever and wherever you are riding your motorbike. Whatever the weather, you’ll be able to enjoy your ride without having to worry about what nature throws your way. In the cold, your hands will be warm, and on the hottest day, your gloves will allow them to breathe. And if the worst should happen, your hands will be provided with as much reinforcement as possible to avoid abrasion.
The well-designed gloves consist of a main chassis that is made of leather and mesh. The strategically placed mesh areas providing your hands with the breath of fresh air that they will need when you are riding. The advanced poly-blend reinforcements will maximise your safety, and there is additional foam padding on both the thumb and the palm. There are synthetic suede reinforcements around the potential impact areas on the sides of the hand, and ergonomic stretch inserts between the thumb and the palm of the hand. With hard polymer protection around the knuckles, you’ll enjoy maximum protection from these gloves
The gloves are fully compatible with touchscreen technology such as GPS systems and smartphones. This means that you don’t need to take your gloves off to adjust your route.
With five different sizing options available, you can find suitable comfort and protection for your hands with the Alpinestars SMX-1 Air V2, whatever the weather, and without compromising on style.
- With a newly evolved chassis featuring a new cuff closure, padded fingers, and accordion stretch inserts, the CE Certified road riding SMX-1 AIR v2 Glove is fully featured for road riding.
- With perforated leather and air-mesh, this lightweight glove has an evolved styling design for improved comfort and an innovative grip zone on palm and thumb for greater sensitivity on the bike's controls, making the SMX-1 AIR v2 Glove ideal for street an
- Key Features: Hoop-and-loop grip wrist closure helps keep glove securely positioned.
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- Integrated padding on fingers helps fit and comfort.
Bringing together all of the features that are important when it comes to looking for motorcycle wear, the ILM Air Flow Leather Motorcycle Gloves provide your hands with protection from both the elements and the road while keeping them warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. Built with both comfort and your personal protection in mind, these gloves will be exactly what you need for use on your bike.
Complete with an airflow system that provides breathability through channels that are situated on the top of the hand, there are also perforations in the leather in several places that add to the airflow making while maintaining the overall integrity of the leather’s strength. This all means that even on the hottest of days, your hands will be able to breathe and you can enjoy your ride.
The gloves are designed with protection in mind, with an external shell for looking after your palm, fingers, and all of the movement in your hands. With shock absorption, you’ll be well protected in case of an accident.
The ILM Air Flow Leather Motorcycle Gloves have lots of reinforcements. There is a double leather layer, additional foam on exposed areas such as the palm, cuff, and fingers, to reduce abrasion impact. These elements have been designed and positioned in a way that maximizes protection from shocks and long skids on the tarmac.
The gloves are available in four different sizes.
- Air Flow System: Optimal breathability through air channels positioned on the top of the hand. Leather is also perforated in specific places for optimal air flow without compromising on leather solidity.
- 360 Protection: External protection shell for scaphoid, metacarpals, palm, fingers and side of the hand. The ILM GRC01 features for a better shock absorption and a better comfort by suppressing all hard elements inside the protection shells
- Multiple Reinforcements: Made with doubled leather layer and additional foam on areas exposed to abrasion in a crash situation (palm, cuff, fingers). The positionning of these elements has been designed to protect hands from shocks but also from long abrasions on tarmac
- Better Comfort: The goat leather and the pre-shaping offers a high level of feeling on the handlebars. Finger stitch seams positioned on the outside, for better comfort
- Wide Range of Usage Scenarios: The motorcycle gloves can also be widely used as cycling gloves, work gloves, hunting and shooting gloves, outdoor sports gloves.
3 Reasons To Wear Motorcycle Gloves
You Cannot Predict A Fall
You could have been riding for years, but that doesn’t mean that you can tell when you’re about to fall off your bike, or when someone is going to dash out in front of you and cause you to swerve. Don’t leave the gloves behind, whether you’re riding for hours on a road trip or you’re heading over to the local store for groceries. You never know when you could need them.
Gloves Prevent Numbness
Cold air whipping your hands as you ride and keeping your hands curled in one position for a long time can make your hands go numb. However, when you wear riding gloves, you keep the feeling in your hands against the air, cramping, and vibration from the bike.
Get A Grip
You need to be able to keep your body steady when you’re on the motorcycle, and it’s your hands that keep you that way. Holding onto your bike is crucial for keeping you as stable as possible, and with the right riding gloves, you can trust that you will have the best possible grip to be able to ride safely.
Why You Should Never Ride Without Gloves
Here is a good YouTube video talking about the advantages of riding with motorcycle gloves: