The Top 5 Motorcycle Backpacks Reviewed
A good backpack is one of the best ways to carry things while on your bike. If you don’t want bulky pannier bags, a backpack is an excellent solution that can still fit plenty inside it. Whether you want to take a few things with you on a day trip or you need somewhere to keep everything for your daily commute, sometimes you just need more than pockets to hold your things. Backpacks are often best suited to short trips, when you probably don’t want to be weighed down by saddlebags or other options that attach to your bike.
When you’re choosing a motorcycle backpack, you want something lightweight and streamlined but sturdy. A motorcycle backpack ideally has a slim profile so that it doesn’t create too much drag, and you don’t want it to have any dangling straps, which could be dangerous or at least annoying. It should also allow for airflow to prevent you getting too hot, especially when you’re already wearing protective gear. You want it to be comfortable to wear and it should offer protection to its contents too. During wet weather, it needs to stay dry. In terms of size, your needs might depend on what you want it for, but you certainly don’t want it to be too big.
If you’re looking for the best motorcycle backpack, take a look at the options below to find your perfect bag.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Motorcycle Backpack is the OGIO 123007.36 No Drag Mach 3 Motorcycle Backpack.
Best Motorcycle Backpacks
For a slimline backpack, try this OGIO Mach 3. It’s designed to reduce drag so that wearing your backpack doesn’t slow you down. It has a moulded exterior to keep its shape while you’re on the move, and the shoulder gaskets follow the body for better aerodynamics. It has excellent ventilation for airflow through the back. This sturdy backpack is likely to last for a number of years.
Safety is important for a motorcycle backpack, and this one has several useful safety features. The quick-release exit buckle on the straps means that you can remove the backpack quickly if you need to, perhaps in an accident or another situation when the backpack might be in the way. The backpack also features 360-degree retro reflective safety piping to help riders be more visible on dark roads.
Inside, you can keep things organized with an organizer panel and zippered pocket, as well as a shoe storage compartment, which is ideal for commuters. The total capacity is 1350 cubic inches, measuring a compact 19 inches in height, 12 inches wide and 6.5 inches in depth. It weighs just 2.7 lbs for a lightweight option. There’s a removable helmet carry strap, so you can easily carry your helmet when you’re walking around or perhaps keep a spare one if you’re picking up a passenger. While there isn’t a huge amount of space inside, it’s suitable for a few items for a commute, your gloves, lock or any other small items you need.
- Streamlined single shot molded exterior is water resistant and will not deform from wind shear. Shoulder gasket conforms to body and increases aerodynamics. Capacity: 1,350 Cubic Inches expandable to 1,475 Cubic Inches
- Bolstered back foam profile increases air ventilation. Soft neck shoulder straps increase comfort while riding and will not scratch helmet exterior. 360-degree retro reflective safety piping and logo.
- Removable off center hip belt won't scratch gas tank. Zippered fleece lined personal electronics pocket. Large main compartment with multiple interior storage compartments.
- Fully featured organizer panel with zippered security pocket. Dedicated shoe storage compartments for the commuting professional. High visibility red interior lining.
- Ergonomic, padded and fully adjustable riding specific shoulder straps with quick release exit buckle. Concealed aerodynamic carry handle. Fully adjustable and removable no slip sternum strap.
Those looking for a slightly larger bag might be interested in this option from Mardingtop. It has a choice of capacity of 25, 28 and 35 liters, which is plenty for a day bag and possibly even a quick weekend away. There’s space for a 2.5-litre hydration bladder and an opening for the tube, plus the webbing and straps on the outside allow for you to add extra items on the outside of the backpack. While this backpack isn’t designed as a motorcycle backpack, it has a water-resistant coated fabric that’s ideal for using in all weathers and an aerodynamic profile.
Commuters might choose this backpack for its elasticated, padded pouch, suitable for a laptop or tablet. Measuring 12.2 x 10.2 x 20.5 inches, there’s space for your preferred device inside. Designed as a backpack for three days camping, hiking or trekking, there’s plenty of space for your things if you commute or you’re going away for a few days.
The backpack features a waist belt, which is stitched in, which you can use to keep it secure when wearing it. It’s also possible to tuck the belt out of the way, behind the padding, if you would prefer not to use it. This backpack comes in a range of colors, from plain black to bright purple, so you can choose more visible option if you want to. There’s plenty of space for your things if you’re commuting, including a laptop and spare shoes and clothes, making this a great backpack for everyday use as well as longer trips.
- MATERIAL- 35 Liters. This military backpack is made of 600D polyester. YKK Zipper.
- HYDRATION COMPARTMENT- This assault pack with hydration compartment and can hold a 2.5 Liter bladder, the tube is fed through the top of the bag near grab handle.
- MOLLE WEBBING- This rucksack can hang on small items, or for attaching additional pouches or gear. Backpack also has 2 webbing strap with buckle underneath to hold a bedroll, tent, sleeping bag or anything else.
- WAIST BELT DESIGN- The waist belt of this bug out bag is stitched in, but you can slide them into the middle space behind the back padding support. It's a pretty snuggle fit and won't slide back out on its own.
- DURABLE & MULTIFUNCTIONAL- This molle backpack with chest straps to cope with the weight so that it's well used as a 3 day assault pack,bug out bag,survival backpack,army backpack,trekking backpack or day pack. Suits for Hiking,Camping,Trekking,Traveling,School or daily use.
If you’re looking for a motorcycle backpack that will hold your helmet, this one from Seibertron is perfect. It has a section with straps on the front, which is ideal for holding your helmet, whether you want to carry a spare or you need somewhere to put your helmet when you’re not riding. If you’re not using it to hold your helmet, it comes in handy for other things too, from water bladders to shoes. As well as the expandable main compartment, which has a mesh section for smaller items, there is also a middle compartment with zippered pouches and even another small compartment.
The external dimensions are 19″(H) x 11″(W) x 11″(D), with a 45-inch waist belt and a 60-inch chest belt. With strong security straps and a number of Molle loops, there’s plenty of space to add any items that you want to carry without putting inside the bag. The straps are fully adjustable so you can fit your helmet or jacket in safely. While there is no laptop compartment inside, it is large enough to hold a laptop, so it’s a good choice for commuters or anyone else who wants to keep their laptop with them. The total capacity on the internal compartments is about 35 litres.
It’s made from waterproof 900D fabric; however, the zipper is not waterproof, so users might benefit from the use of a waterproof cover if they want full waterproof protection.
- 900D waterproof fabric, but the zipper is not waterproof
- Backpack exclude helmet,basketball,waterbladder,but fit full face helmet,basketball,seibertron 2L water bladder and so on.
- High strength thicken alloy zipper, Molle system backpack
- Can be used as a Hydration Bladder Backpack
- Fit different types of sports full face or half face helmet, basketball and so on.
The MotoCentric backpack gives you another option for a backpack with an external compartment for your helmet. The net on the front of the backpack can be tightened at both sides to secure your helmet or other gear like speakers that you want to keep in it. The inside will fit a 14-15-inch laptop, with a capacity of about 35 litres. The backpack measures about 46CM*38CM*8CM (18″ x 15″ x 3″).
This backpack is made with durable Oxford cloth and is waterproof, with covers over the zipper seals for extra protection. But it’s also breathable on the back so that it’s comfortable to wear and doesn’t get too hot. The padded back will ensure it feels comfortable, even when it’s full. With its reflective strip, you can ride more safely by increasing your visibility on the road and letting drivers and other riders know about your presence even in the dark.
As well as using this for everyday motorcycle rides, you could also use it for motocross or for a variety of sports and activities. It’s not too big but still has plenty of space for your things, whatever you choose to use it for. The net is stored away in a pocket at the bottom of the bag when you’re not using it. When you do need it, it pulls out and buckles securely into the main part of the backpack to hold it in place. Just adjust the straps to get it the right size to hold your helmet or other items.
- Multi-functional internal and external dual-use backpack, both sides tighten the net bag, plus the net outside the pocket design (outside the package can be linked to helmets, basketball)
- There are notebook computer layer design, can put down a 14-inch notebook, very easy to travel to carry items.
- The fabric is ultra-wear resistant Oxford cloth + nylon splashing water
- Back breathable layer, not hot, more comfortable
- Have a reflective strip, ride more secure
Get this 25-litre backpack in black or brown for a backpack that’s designed for motorbike riding and isn’t overly large. It measures 12.5″ x 17.5″ x 6.6″ and has a pocket at the back that fits a 2.5-litre hydration bladder. Like the previous two options, this one also has space for a helmet in the front of the bag thanks to an expandable panel with straps. Use it to store your helmet or other items that you need space for. An inner pocket, which is removable, is capable of holding an iPad Mini or similarly sized tablet or laptop. There’s also a main compartment and two zippered pockets.
This comfortable bag has a padded back and shoulder straps, and the inner mesh is made using breathable fabric for increased airflow. With the Molle straps, you can hook on and attach anything that you like to the outside of the bag to give you even more functionality, although you might not want to when riding your bike. The backpack is designed to be durable, with waterproof, tough fabric. It’s ideal for using in all weathers and should last a long time too.
As well as motorcycling, this backpack is also suitable for lots of outdoor activities, and even tactical activities thanks to its durability.
- 25L Large Capacity ; 12.5" W x 17.5" H x 6.6" D ; High-intensity military-style specifications nylon fabric with waterproof coating: durable, breathable, waterproof and scratch-resistant
- Structure: Back zippered pocket can fit for 2.5L hydration bladder; Front cover can fit for cycling helmet; 2 Front zippered pockets suit for ipad4 or 6" cellphone, etc; 1 main bag can hold 10pcs T-shirt, Suitable for short travel
- MOLLE system design can be used in combination with other equipment. It is convenient to mount accessory bag, kettle, hang bag ,glasses, interphone, carabiner, small flashlight and other outdoor equipment in the side and front of the backpack
- Padded back & shoulder strap, inner mesh breathable fabric, high resilience, water repellent characteristics, effectively alleviate the shoulder muscles and the spine pressure. It plays a good shoulder protection, making carrying more comfortable
- Perfect for hunting, camping, travelling, mountain, trekking, tactical, cycling, motorcycle, hiking and other outdoors activities
To choose the best motorcycle backpack for your needs, remember to look at size and shape, as well as safety and suitability in different weather conditions.
Motorcycle Backpack Vs. Regular Backpack
Here is a YouTube video showing the difference between a regular backpack and one that is specifically designed for motorcycles: