The Top Luggage For Air Travel Reviewed
Whether you go on vacation once a year or you’re a frequent flyer for either business or leisure purposes, it’s always a good idea to invest in quality luggage that will stand the test of time. With luggage restrictions increasingly strict, it’s more important than ever before to have a trusty carry-on suitcase you can dig out before your trip.
If you conduct a quick online search for luggage for air travel, you’ll come across thousands of different options, with all kinds of brands, colors, prints, and styles on offer. If you’re looking to buy new luggage for an upcoming vacation, or you’ve decided that it’s time to invest in a new case for business travel, how do you go about narrowing down this vast range of options and finding the best luggage out there? There are many factors that are likely to influence your opinions, including price, style and aesthetics, brand name, reviews, size, and portability. To help you in your quest to find the perfect luggage, we’ve trawled the virtual aisles to bring you these leading contenders.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Luggage For Air Travel is the Samsonite Carry On Luggage with Spinner Wheels.
Best Luggage For Air Travel
Here are some of the best luggage products for air travel on the market at the moment:
Samsonite is a very well-known name in the world of luggage, and it has an excellent reputation. This Samsonite carry on case doesn’t let the side down. Offering both style and substance, this is a case that looks sturdy and rugged, but is surprisingly lightweight and mobile.
Available in a range of colors with a scratch-resistant hard shell and an expandable center, this case is stylish, versatile and hard-wearing. With exterior dimensions of 22.5 x 15.5 x 9.5 inches, this is the perfect companion for short breaks and business trips, with enough space to carry flight essentials like noise cancelling headphones and a travel pillow.
Samsonite’s Centric carry-on suitcase is built to withstand the elements with a polycarbonate design that is both tough and visually appealing. The lightweight material and spinner wheels make it easy to get from A to B.
Who should buy this Samsonite carry on case?
Samsonite has a brilliant reputation, and this carry on case doesn’t disappoint. Offering durability, portability, and serious style, this is a suitcase that will suit almost every traveler. From those flying off to exotic beaches to frequent flyers, this case is the perfect size, it has a tough exterior shell, and the design is likely to be universally appealing. At $84, it’s not the cheapest luggage on the market, but you’re buying a brand you can trust and a product that is rated extremely highly by online buyers.
- Great looking product
- Easy to transport
- Lightweight but hard-wearing
- Expandable inner
- High review scores
- Multiple color options
- The price might be a little too high for some buyers
- SCRATCH-RESISTANT twill texture, keeping cases beautiful trip after trip. Low-profile top and side carry handles along with bottom handle cup
- LIGHTWEIGHT aluminum tubes
- SPINNER WHEELS for effortless mobility, re-engineered lightweight
- FULL-ZIP INTERIOR DIVIDER and cross straps for increased packing organization
- EXPANDS 1.5" for added packing capacity
If you’re looking for a stylish, modern-looking, functional carry on case that isn’t going to break the bank, this Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds 20” luggage could be an ideal option for you. Available in a huge range of colors, and priced at $49, this is a case that is likely to appeal to a broad spectrum of buyers.
Made from ABS plastic, this case is tough and easy to clean and maintain. The interior is fully lined, it boasts a large zipper pocket for storing smaller items, and there are handy straps to keep your clothes in order while you fly. The lid also contains a pocket and there’s a retractable handle for easy transportation.
When you’re traveling, it’s crucial to be able to negotiate the airport with minimal stress, and this luggage features 4 spinner wheels, which offer 360-degree movement on any surface.
- Good value for money at under $50
- Versatile color options
- Easy to clean ABS plastic shell
- Some buyers may be looking for additional features
Should you buy the Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds 20” case?
If you’re looking for an understated, hard-wearing plastic case, which is ideal for short trips and long weekends, this is a great, affordable option. With a host of colors to choose from, a lightweight design and internal pockets, this is a product that offers value for money without boasting all the bells and whistles that more expensive and exclusive luggage boasts.
- EFFORTLESS HANDLING: (i) Multi-directional 4-wheel spinners allow smooth 360° degree movement on any terrain for complete mobility free-weight rolling (ii) Four molded side feet allow luggage to stand upright on its side.
- (iii) Retractable push-button telescoping handle with two lock positions for ultimate control and maneuverability (iv) Top and side easy grab handles.
- ORGANIZED COMPARTMENTS: (i) Two spacious fully lined compartments allow for double sided packing (ii) Large interior organizer zipper pocket to store smaller items (iii) Garment restraint straps help hold clothes and contents in place.
- PERFECT SIZE: (i) TSA and IATA approved exterior dimensions (21.75"H x 14.5"W x 8.5"D) that meet almost all domestic and international airline requirements and fits into overhead bins of both small and large planes. (ii) Packing Dimension's: 20.0" H x 13.25" W x 7.5" D.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE: (i) Only 6.25 lbs. (ii) Durable, lightweight, and water-resistant hardshell (iii) Easily cleaned.
Made from durable, lightweight ABS, the Rockland Melbourne 20” Expandable Carry On is an eye-catching case, which is guaranteed to appeal to buyers looking for a reliable product at an affordable price. At $42, this is a great option for those who don’t want to blow the budget.
Available in a chic shade of champagne, this Rockland carry on is sleek, light, and easy to maneuver. With multi-directional spinner wheels and a retractable ergonomic telescope handle, you don’t have to worry about getting your luggage onto the plane with you, no matter where you are or what kind of terrain you’ve got to conquer.
The expandable inner enables you to pack more without worrying about going over the carry on restrictions. The interior is fully lined with sturdy, strong zippers.
- Fully lined
- Robust ABS shell
- Multi-directional wheels
- Ergonomic handle for superior comfort
- Under $45
- Some buyers may be looking for additional features that tend to come with more expensive luggage
The champagne color may not appeal to every consumer
In summary, this Rockland Melbourne carry on is a versatile product, which is a fantastic option for people who want a stylish, hard-wearing bag for weekends and vacations. At under $45, this a great, affordable case. The luxe champagne shade is likely to appeal to those looking for a bag with a touch of class.
- Wheel design may vary between black and silver wheels
- Lightweight yet extremely durable ABS material
- Multi-directional spinner wheels
- Sturdy ergonomic aluminum telescoping handle
Made from ABS and polycarbonate, this COOLIFE expandable suitcase is designed to weather the elements and it represents an excellent long-term investment.
COOLIFE luggage goes through intensive quality control testing, and if you buy this case, you can enjoy peace of mind that it will cope with extreme weather, as well as heavy-duty handling. The exterior offers durability, while the interior is designed for convenience. With a full lining, and a series of internal pouches and pockets, it’s easy to store items separately and to access individual pockets during the flight.
When you travel on a regular basis, portability is key, and this case features 4 multi-directional spinner wheels that facilitate seamless movement. There is also an adjustable aluminum handle for increased comfort.
As well as providing longevity and hassle-free transportation, this COOLIFE carry on also offers enhanced security with a built-in TSA lock. You can set a code and rest assured that your belongings will be safe while you’re in the air. You can also use the lock to keep your belongings safe while you’re out sightseeing or you’re busy with meetings.
- Robust ABS and PC shell
- Handy internal pockets
- Built-in TSA lock for added security
- Multi-directional wheels
- Stylish design
- Available in blue, pink, and charcoal
- The only real downside of this product is the price, which is a little higher than some of the others included in this review at $60-$80. Although the RRP is higher, it is easy to see where your money is going, with a PC shell, internal pouches and a safety lock, and there’s no doubt that this case offers excellent value for money.
Who should buy the COOLIFE carry on?
This is a case that is ideally suited to frequent travelers who are looking for a robust but lightweight carry on that makes getting around simple and stress-free. The lock is a great addition and the design will appeal to most buyers looking for a simple, chic aesthetic.
- The suitcase benefits hugely from its ABS+PC hard plastic shell. it goes through insanely strict quality control test standards, creating strong and sturdy pieces that can withstand any forms of rough handling.Please note this luggage is sold separately, but If you intend to buy two or three suitcases, the small suitcase can be stored inside the bigger one
- 2-year warranty. With built-In TSA lock, you can make sure your valuables are secure and safe.
- Quiet airplane spinner wheels and an adjustable 3-level 100%pure aluminum telescoping handle allow you to quickly maneuver in tight spaces and it's sturdier than most of the telescoping handle on the market.
- Make packing clothes easy with the fully lined interior and the multi-use organizational pockets.
- Three different size: Size: 20inch (21 x 8.5 x 15), 24innch (17 x 10 x 24.5) 28inch (20.5 x 11x 29), Please note that ONLY 28in is Expandable, adding 15%to the scalable space.
If you’re on the hunt for a sturdy carry on you can take with you on trips abroad, and you don’t want to spend over $50, the AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage is worth adding to your short-list. This versatile case comes in a selection of colors and it features a hard shell made from extra-thick scratch-resistant ABS for increased longevity.
The AmazonBasics Hardside 20” case is ideal for short breaks, and it has a lined interior with three internal pockets that make packing things like compression socks a breeze. The expandable design affords around 15% more space when required.
Traveling around with a case is easy with the AmazonBasics Hardside carry on. This luggage features four double-spin wheels and a telescoping handle, which locks in place. If you are bringing a child, you may want to pair this with a lightweight travel stroller.
- Extra-thick, strong shell for durability
- Simple, stylish design
- Expandable inner for increased packing space
- Under $50
- 3 internal pouches
- May be too basic for some buyers
If you’re looking for a carry on that will stand the test of time, and you don’t want to spend over $50, you’ll be hard pushed to find a better option than this AmazonBasics luggage. It may not be packed with features, but it’s great for frequent travel.
- 20-inch hardside spinner luggage for weekend getaways or as international carry-on
- Protective hard shell with scratch-resistant finish; made of extra-thick ABS (thicker than the competition) for enhanced strength and durability
- Fully lined interior with divider; 150D-polyester interior organizer with 3 zippered pockets for conveniently storing smaller items
- Expandable for up to 15% additional packing capacity; solid, strong zippers; telescoping handle for comfortable maneuvering; securely mounted short handle
- 4 double spinner wheels ensure smooth-rolling mobility in any direction
Are you on the hunt for the best luggage for air travel? If you need a new carry on, hopefully, these reviews have given you some ideas and inspiration.
How To Pack Carry-On Luggage
Here is a good YouTube video giving some tips for packing luggage for flying: