The Top 5 Hydration Packs Reviewed
Whenever you are doing any kind of endurance sport, you will need to stay well hydrated throughout. Your body will need as much water as possible so that you can continue to perform well and that there is no risk of you ending up dehydrated. If you are going to be running, walking, or cycling for a long time you obviously won’t be able to carry a lot of water bottles with you. You need to find another solution – how about an hydration pack?
Are you looking to purchase a new hydration pack for an upcoming sporting challenge? If so, you will no doubt want to know which is currently the best on the market so that you can stay hydrated no matter how long or how far you plan on going. Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place! In this review, we will cover some of the best hydration packs that are currently on the market. We’ll show you exactly why other users love them and, hopefully, it will help you to decide in which one will be the best for you in your next big challenge!
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Hydration Pack is the Osprey Packs Raptor 14.
The Best Hydration Packs
You will have probably already heard the brand name Osprey before as they are such a well-regarded company in all things related to outdoor pursuits. They offer an exceptionally large range of backpacks and hiking accessories, amongst which you will also find a number of great hydration packs. In this review, we’re looking specifically at the Osprey Packs Raptor 14.
It’s a premium pack that allows you to carry a lot on your back, but it won’t feel too heavy at any point. That’s thanks to the winged shoulder straps that ensure the pack is contoured fully to your back. They also make sure that the pack is completely stable at all times as well. Don’t worry about your back overheating, though – the mesh-covered foam back panel will help to increase ventilation.
The Osprey Packs Raptor 14 features a 2.5-liter reservoir so you should be able to carry plenty of water for your challenge. Lots of other people who have purchased this also like the fact that it comes with room for extras too, so you will have plenty of space for your energy gels and maps. Not only that, though, but there’s a really handy scratch-free and heat-embossed pocket for your sunglasses and electronics, so there is no danger of them ending up damaged at all.
- Dedicated hydration compartment with included Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5L reservoir by Hydrapak
- Included removable roll-up tool pouch keeps tools handy and organized
- Lid Lock bike helmet attachment
- Lightweight sternum strap magnet for easy access to water
- Scratch-free heat-embossed zippered slash pocket for sunglasses and electronics
Another reliable name for hydration packs is CamelBak. Their HydroBak is proving to be very popular with a lot of consumers, and there really is no wonder why when you take a look at what it has to offer. It’s perfect if you just want a dedicated hydration pack as it comes with a 1.5-liter reservoir which should be more than enough water for a 2-hour cycle ride. You’ll also find a small pocket that is perfect to store your keys and a couple of other small necessities you may want to take with you.
One of the main benefits of using the CamelBak HydroBak is that many users find that it’s easy to fill the reservoir while it’s still in the pack. So, if you need to refill it during a challenge, you won’t have to mess around trying to take the reservoir out, fill it, and then replace it. It’s also got a useful mesh back panel, so there’s no chance of your back getting too sweaty when you are cycling and carrying all of that water.
It’s also the perfect option if you are going to be doing any evening or nighttime challenges as well. That’s because it features reflective accents that will give you plenty of visibility in low light. You will be able to buy the pack in a variety of colors, so if you do want it to be visible, then you could always go for the neon yellow one.
So, if you want a minimalist hydration pack that won’t be too heavy or get in the way while you are on an epic cycling challenge, then certainly make sure you consider the CamelBak HydroPak.
- Lightweight Cycling Hydration Pack: The HydroBak Cycling BackPack is exceptional for those short Bike rides; The 50 ounce Crux reservoir provides enough Water for a two hour ride, with a zippered pocket and ventilated harness for comfort
- More Water Per Sip: Hydration in this Lightweight backPack is supplied by a 1.5 liter Crux reservoir, Designed for quicker loading and refilling; It delivers 20 percent more Water per sip, keeping you hydrated while you ride
- Built For Simplicity: When all you want is Water, this minimalist Bike Pack has you covered; With enough Water for a 2 hour ride and a safe zip pocket for keys and essentials, the HydroBak backPack is Designed for those short Cycling adventures
- Streamlined Yet Comfortable: Our men’s backPack features a secure zippered pocket that is Perfect for storing Your essentials; The Lightweight and ventilated mesh harness and breathable air mesh back panel produce a comfortable fit
- If We Build It We'll Bak It : Our Got Your Bak LifeTime Guarantee covers all reservoirs, backPacks, Bottles, and Accessories from manufacturing defects in Materials and workmanship for the lifeTime of the Product
Hikers especially love the TETON Sports Oasis 1100 as it is a very light and easily adjustable pack that offers 18 liters of space including a 2-liter water reservoir. So, whether you are going on a day-long hike or are taking place in an overnight ultra, then this should be your hydration pack of choice.
Thanks to its low-profile cut, you will find that fits very comfortably. The adjustable chest strap and waist bands will also make it easier to fit the pack to you. The chest strap is worth pointing out as it is shock-absorbent so you should find that it helps to minimize the pack’s bounciness when you are going over rough terrain.
But why are hikers such big fans of the TETON Sports Oasis 1100? Consumers love the fact that it’s a great all-season pack that will protect your items in all kinds of weather. As well as being suitably robust, it is also very spacious inside as well. You will be able to use it as a regular backpack whenever you need to. There’ll be plenty of space for some extra clothes, water bottles, and any food supplies that you might need to take with you.
- SATISFY YOUR THIRST FOR ADVENTURE: Lightweight and comfortable; This hydration pack is a terrific companion for all your day-long or overnight hydration needs; Size 1100 Cubic Inches (18 L)
- FREE HYDRATION BLADDER: 2-Liter; Durable, kink-free sip tube and push-lock cushioned bite valve; Large 2-inch (5 cm) opening for ice and easy cleaning (may contain latex)
- CUSTOMIZABLE COMFORT: Backpack for men, women, and youth; Adjusts to fit all frames comfortably; Notched foam stabilizer and mesh covering means you can wear this pack for hours
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Over 1,000 verified 5-star reviews testifying to the quality and design; Large main pocket protects gear, clothes, and lunch; Bungee cord system for cycling and climbing helmets
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
Do you just want a hydration pack that holds enough water and won’t leak at any point? If so, then the Mubasel Gear Insulated Hydration Backpack could be a good choice for you. Most consumers love the fact that it offers so much for a very reasonable price.
The pack will hold 70 oz of water, which should be perfect for a day of hiking or cycling. The adjustable straps mean that it can fit a wide range of sizes and can even be adjusted to fit children and teenagers, both male and female. With a strap range of 27” up to 50”, the hydration pack will be suitable for pretty much everyone. The chest strap will also absorb any bouncing, so you don’t have to worry about that frustrating you on your hike.
What’s more, the bite valve that connects to the water reservoir is adjustable as well, so you can change its length to one that suits you. You will also find that the reservoir is also very easy to clean and you just need to use warm, soapy water.
The 2-liter reservoir is efficiently insulated so your water will be kept cool for up to 4 hours. It’s a very spacious bag and there will be plenty of space left over for you to store all of your necessary belongings, such as food, electronics, and maps.
So, if you are on a bit of a budget and looking for a hydration pack that won’t break the bank, this is definitely one for you to consider!
- 1.PERFECT SET - Included 70-Ounce (2 Liter) BPA FREE FDA APPROVED food grade hydration bladder, test report will be sent to your e-mail
- 2.THERMAL INSULATION - With the insulated bladder compartment, your drink can be kept cool for up to 4 hours, that's cool!
- 3.GOOD VOLUME - Includes 3 storage compartments that will fit your clothes, keys, purses, phones etc. the front stretch mesh pockets allows you to pack even more on your hike
- 4.100% LEAKAGE PROOF DESIGN -The opening is large design, you will never be bothered to dry the bladder as the screw one, just bottom up, it will dry itself, with click in connection instead of traditional screw one, it will never get loose and causing leakage
- PERFECT OUTDOOR GEAR: Padded shoulder straps, breathable system and lightweight design are the perfect tool for outdoor sports, Mubasel Gear offer 60 days 100% Satisfaction Guarantee of the pack and free replacement of the bladder.
Another great hydration pack that is designed not to leak at all is the one from Vibrelli. The pack may just way 14oz, but you will still find that it’s surprisingly roomy and will have plenty of space for water and your belongings. One thing that stands out for most people who decide to buy this pack is that the water reservoir is free from PVC and BPA so you won’t need to worry about any small plastic particles ending up in your drinking water.
The shoulder straps are breathable to prevent you from overheating and are made from 420D Ripstop Fabric, so they wouldn’t suffer too much from wear and tear. Not only that, but they are completely water resistant too, so it’s a great pack to have with you if you are ever caught in a rain shower.
No matter how much you pack into your Vibrelli Hydration Pack, you won’t have to worry about it ever feeling too heavy or weighing you down. That’s all down to the ergonomic side stabilizers and fitted waist strap. These design features help to stabilize your core when you’re hiking while carrying some weight.
Both hikers and cyclists find that the Vibrelli Hydration Pack comes with many advantages, and it’s often reasonably priced so could be a great choice if you are on a tight budget.
- HIGH FLOW BITE-VALVE: The ‘Easy-Twist’ mouthpiece doesn’t leak, water flows fast and won't drip on your shoulder when locked, making it an ideal cycling backpack and water backpack for running, skiing, snowboarding, and trail running
- TASTE-FREE HYDRATION BLADDER: Made from medical grade materials, the water bladder is free from BPA and PVC. There's nothing worse than a plastic taste in your water, this bladder keeps your water tasting fresh, all day
- MULTIPLE STORAGE OPTIONS: Vibrelli's hydration backpack has multiple pockets and intelligent storage options without being bulky
- COMFORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: weighing just 14oz (415g), this hydration pack is feather-light, streamlined, and easy to adjust, it's the perfect adult and kids hydration backpack as it adjusts to most body sizes
- 100% SATISFACTION : This pack is built to last, which is why it’s backed with a 5-Year Manufacturer’s Replacement
As you can see, there are so many great options when you are looking to buy a new or replacement hydration pack. In this list, we’ve tried to cover the ones that consumers seem to consider are the best, but there are so many more out there; it’s really worth spending as much time as possible researching exactly what it is that you need from one.
Remember the main factors to consider will always be price, the size of the reservoir, and how well the pack fits when worn. If you keep all of those points in mind, then you should find it easy enough to discover the best hydration pack for your next challenge!
Hydration Pack Tips
Here is a great YouTube video giving some hacks for hydration packs, and also some tips for how to take care of them: