The Top 7 Heated Jackets Reviewed
We’ve all been there. You’re out doing something outdoorsy and adventurous like skiing or snowboarding (or perhaps even heading out the local store) and the only thing that you can think is, ‘why haven’t they invented a heated jacket yet?’
The good news is they have, and they’re an impressive alternative to the generic, non-tech-savvy jackets that are out there.
Heated jackets are generally battery powered, which sounds like it would be a disaster in the rain and snow, but the tech is safe, and it’s a good way to keep your body warm no matter what you’re doing. Sounds like a dream, huh?
In short, it is! There are many general benefits to heated jackets, and one of them is that you don’t have to layer up your clothes, especially when you’re heading out to do some sports activities and you really need the extra movement.
It’s also a good idea to invest in one of these as well as a good base layer if you work outside a lot, or you live in an area that has pretty bad winters, and you always dread taking that first step outside. There are a few different options out there if you’re interested in heated jackets, and we’ve reviewed a few of the best ones on the market.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Heated Jacket is the Ororo Men’s Soft Shell Heated Jacket.
Best Heated Jackets
- Comfortable: the Ororo heated jacket has been widely praised for its comfort, and it is certainly one of the options out there that is better to wear. It fits well to your body to heat you up when you need it, and to ensure that none of that vital warmth escapes whilst you’re out and about.
- Stylish: not only is this jacket beneficial because of the comfort factor, but it’s a pretty stylish coat overall, and even if it’s not too cold out you can wear this jacket without the heat setting. It works well as a regular coat so it’s pretty versatile as far as heated jackets go; just remove the battery as needed.
- Keeps heat in: another benefit to the Ororo is that it keeps the heat in, which (of course) is one of the most important factors. There are 3 different heat settings, for ultimate versatility and ease of use, and the jacket dries quickly after contact with rain or snow.
- Battery: the battery of this heated jacket lasts all day on a full charge, although it can depend upon what heat setting you have chosen. The battery isn’t too heavy or noticable, and it can also double up as a phone charger if you don’t want to use it for heating the jacket, which is super convenient.
- Zipper: the zipper is on the left side, which is odd for a men’s jacket, but this isn’t too much of a practical issue.
- Charger: you have to use the original charger for the battery, and there is no USB option.
Sizing: runs small, so it’s advisable to purchase a jacket one or two sizes up.
- NEAT AND TAILORED DESIGN WITH DURABLE FABRIC: Softshell fabric exterior with fleece lining ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy comfortable warmth; Detachable hood is specially designed for chilly mornings and extra protection on windy days; Water and wind resistance for your unrestricted movement towards outdoor.
- HEAT ACROSS BODY: 3 carbon fiber heating elements generate heat across core body areas (left & right chest, mid-back); Adjust 3 heating settings (High, medium, low) with just a simple press of the button.
- QUICK AND LONG-LASTING WARMTH: Heat quickly in seconds with 7.4V UL/CE-certified battery; Up to 10 working hours; USB port for charging smartphones and other mobile devices.
- FOR ALL WALKS OF LIFE AND ADVENTURES: Ideal and warm choice for you, family members, friends, employees, to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Battery: the battery for the Bosch heated jacket is positioned at the front rather than the back, which is more comfortable for those manual laborers who want to wear the jacket whilst working. The battery lasts for a decent amount of time on the lowest settings, and is compatible with other Bosch tools.
- Heats up fast: this jacket heats up considerably quicker than some of its counterparts, which means that you can feel the effects when you really need them. It also seems to have a higher temperature than some of the other options on the market, and it holds this temperature well whilst using the heat settings. There is also the option of 3 different heat settings.
- Fits well: whilst it can seem that the collar is a little stiff when you first start to wear it, the jacket is comfortable and fits well, and is generally true to size, unlike some of the other heated jackets which may require a bit more trial and error.
- Zipper: again, the zipper is on the left side which isn’t standard for most men’s jackets. Another issue is that the zipper seems cheaper and less reliable, and it has been known to break easily, which shouldn’t happen on a heated jacket that is priced as high as the Bosch.
- Battery: the battery only lasts for two hours on the highest setting in the Bosch jacket, which can be pretty annoying if you’re hoping to use it throughout the day.
- Reliability: the Bosch isn’t as reliable as some of the other options out there, and some people have issues with elements of it, like charging their phones on the battery.
- HIGH QUALITY: The PSJ120M-102 12V Max heated jacket is made of 100% polyester. It is both wind and rain resistant, making it the ideal heated jacket for tough outdoor jobsites
- QUICK WARMING: Featuring three quick-warming heat zones including two chest zones and one back zone, start warming in a matter of seconds. The three-level heat controller offers high heat (Red), medium (Green) and Low (Blue) for maximum control and comfort
- EXTENDED RUNTIME: With up to 6 hours of heated maximum runtime with Bosch 12-Volt Max batteries on low setting, users can stay warmer for longer without needing to recharge
- USB COMPATIBLE: The PSJ120M-102 heated jacket includes a USB charging option for most personal electronics such as cell phones while in the jacket pocket (5V/1A Max Output)
- CONVENIENT: For the warmer months, The included BHB120 battery holster/controller offers a convenient belt clip for use without your jacket as a power boost or backup with a Bosch 12V Max battery
- Keeps heat in: the Smarkey keeps the heat in, and despite being a thinner coat, is very well insulated. It heats up quickly, and works the magic that you would expect from any good heated jacket.
- Stylish: this is one of the heated jackets that is more on the stylish side, and you’d be forgiven for wearing this without the battery in the warmer months of the year. It also fits well, and is of good quality.
- Battery: the battery on the Smarkey lasts a little bit longer than the other heated jackets out there, and if you’re using it on a low setting (or intermittently) then it may last for a few days, which is more ideal for those who don’t have access to a charging point; for example, those who are going camping.
- Thinner: because the Smarkey is a little bit thinner than the other heated jackets on the market, it may not be as good in those super cold temperatures for long periods.
Battery: the battery is a bit more bulky than the other options.
- Please pay attention: This jacket is US size. For best fit, measure body at specified points in size chart and match measurement to appropriate size range. Pls double check the size chart.
- Three heating zones on front and back，Anti-high-temperature, water-proof and wind proof
- Three sets (Blue, White, and Red) for Heat / Temperature setting
- 5200 mAh 7.4v Lithium Battery: portable and rechargable
- Can be used for Mountaineering, Climbing, Hiking or Outdoor working / sporting
- Design: this hoodie has the benefit of being unisex, which means that the design works well for both men and women. There are also benefits to it being a hoodie rather than a jacket, as it means that you can put it on underneath your coat, and feel the full benefit of the warmth that it provides. The material is thick and soft, and there are many colors to choose from.
- Heats up quickly: the hoodie heats up quickly – boasting the same 3 heat settings as the heated jackets – and keeps the heat in well. It’s ideal for putting under a coat when the weather is particularly cold.
- Battery: the battery isn’t too heavy, and lasts well throughout the day (again, depending upon the heat setting that you’ve chosen to have the hoodie on). The battery is also positioned at the front, so that you can sit down comfortably without it digging into your back and causing discomfort.
- Light: some people don’t like the light on the front of the hoodie. Whilst this is a feature on all of the heated jackets, it looks a bit more out of place when you’re only wearing a hoodie, so some people prefer to wear it with a jacket over the top.
- SIZE AND FIT: Unisex; Relaxed fit; Model (Men) is 6'2" and wearing a size Medium; Model (Women) is 5'10" and wearing a size Small
- HEAT ACROSS BODY: 3 carbon fiber heating elements generate heat across core body areas (left & right chest, mid-back); Adjust 3 heating settings (High, medium, low) with just a simple press of the button
- QUICK AND LONG-LASTING WARMTH: Heat quickly in seconds with 7.4V UL/CE-certified battery; Up to 10 working hours; USB port for charging smart phones and other mobile devices
- CASUAL DESIGN WITH BREATHABLE FABRIC: Quality cotton fabric exterior with fleece lining ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy comfortable warmth. For optimal heating experience, wear the hoodie under a lightweight jacket to trap the heat in, so the heating elements work more efficiently
- EASY CARE: Machine washable; The heating elements and hoodie construction are designed to endure 50+ machine wash cycles.
- Affordable: the VENUSTAS is significantly cheaper than some of the other heated jackets out there on the market.
- Heats up quickly: this jacket still does the trick, and heats up pretty well whilst maintaining a good temperature during the time that you wear it.
- Comfortable: the jacket itself is warm and comfortable, and can be used as a regular jacket if desired because of these features.
- Power bank: the power bank is not included with the jacket itself, which can be an inconvenience and an extra cost to consider.
- Sizing: the VENUSTAS runs small, so it’s a good idea to make sure that you get a jacket that is a few sizes up from your normal size.
- Battery: the battery doesn’t last as long as some of the other jackets, so if you’re looking for something that provides long-term heat, you may be better off paying a little extra for another make.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & BREATHABLE FABRIC-Breathable ultra light material, water-resistant coating, comfortable nylon fabric and hem seal in warmth. It has excellent windproof and warm-keeping quality, ensure you be able to enjoy exceptional warmth while still maintaining your peak performance in many ways with unrestricted movement!
- SMART HEAT ACROSS BODY- Heat quickly in seconds, 3 carbon fiber heating elements generate heat across core body areas (left & right abdomen, mid-back); Adjust 3 heating settings (High, medium, low) with just a simple press of the button.
- 2019 UPDATED DESIGN: New SILVER mylar thermal Lining is skin-friendly, best POLY HEAT SYSTEM, ensures you don't lose any excess heat and enjoy more warmth than other heated linings on the market. HEAT UP TO 12 WORKING HOURS with certified Venustas 10000mAh battery, USB port for charging smart phones and other mobile devices.
- PREMIUM QUALITY- High quality hardware & waterproof YKK zippers, easy access pockets plus a detachable hood is specially designed for chilly mornings and extra protection on windy days. Ideal Christmas gift for family members, friends, employees.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Package include 1 * unisex heated apparel, 1* battery pack and 1* WATERPROOF bag. If for any reason, you are unhappy with our Heated clothing, please contact us and we will refund you without any questions.
Unlike many other models on the market, the PTAHDUS heated jacket offers variable control for hand and body warmers. This is a fantastic element of their design and increases the amount of control you have over the temperature. It’s not uncommon for your hands to feel the cold more than your body, so being able to adjust the temperatures of the body and hand heating zones separately is a great feature.
The 7.4 battery gives up to 8 hours of heat, so it’s capable of keeping you warm all day long. The lack of neck warmer may be a drawback for some people but this isn’t necessarily a reason to discount the PTADHUS heated jacket. With three temperature ranges and great reliability, it’s one of the best heated jackets on the market.
Perhaps the biggest downside of this particular jacket is the USB-C charging port. Although USB-C is becoming increasingly popular, it isn’t as widely used as USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, which may lead to charging difficulties. Providing you have the OEM cable with you, however, you’ll have no problem replenishing the battery.
Machine washable and available in 6 sizes, up to XXX-L, the PTAHDUS Heated Jacket is a must-buy if you’re used to spending time in cold, icy or windy conditions.
- 5 heating zones Design: The heat power generates through front chest, mid-back and hand warmers. Heat up quickly and easily.
- Selectable heat setting can independently control hand warmer and body warmer heat elements. Ideal for different heat demand.
- The added cotton layer can totally lock internal heat to increase internal temperature. All-round heat in chilly winter that Ptahdus can give you.
- Comparing with other heat jacket, Ptahdus can provide quickly-heat function and heat up your body quickly. Up to 8 hours of running time in Low setting.
- Machine washable; Covered by SIX MONTHS WARRANTY. Any problems, just contact us.
As well as keeping you sufficiently warm, the DEWBU heated jacket looks stylish and is highly functional. With 2 main pockets and 3 sleeve pockets, you can carry your essentials with ease, without impacting on the heating elements of the jacket.
A particular advantage of the DEWBU jacket is the added neck and head protection. The foldable hat or hood isn’t heated but it does help to retain the heat that’s produced by the carbon fiber panels. In windy conditions, your face, head, and neck quickly become cold, uncomfortable and even burned. By incorporating neck and head coverage, the DEWBU heated jacket offers something than many other models lack.
As the jacket is snowproof and windproof, it’s ideal for skiing and snowboarding too. If you’re traveling to a colder climate, there’s no doubt it will keep you warm. Although the jacket isn’t waterproof, the power button is, which means it’s easy to machine wash it in the accompanying wash bag. Available in 6 sizes and numerous colors, the DEWBU Heated Jacket is easy to wear, effortlessly stylish and a fantastic way to stay warm.
- WARM NOTICE OF HEATED JACKETS-- For the best fit please read the size chart carefully on the sixth picture of every product, select the appropriate size based on the model try-on size chart or your chest circumference, shoulder width and arm length.
- FOLD-ABLE HAT & MULTIPLE-POCKET HEATED JACKETS-- Equipped with quality and professional water resistance soft shell material with excellent breath-ability. DEWBU heated jackets also has good tensile property, scratch resistance and wind resistance and keeps you warm when working outside all day even in the cold snowy day. The heated jackets give your more space which is equipped with 2 large zipper chest pockets, 2 back pockets; 2 small left arm pockets and 1 small pocket on the left sleeve.
- EXTRA LONG WARM TIME HEATED JACKETS--This jacket can warm you up to 10 hours with one fully charged 5000 mAh CE/FCC certificated battery. The heated jackets could be heated quickly in a few seconds with three heating modes(Red is about 55 ℃/131℉, Blue is about 45 ℃/113℉, Green is about 38 ℃/100℉). You can adjust three temperature modes by short pressing the power button. The jacket equipped with three heated carbon fiber panels(right, left and back heated zones) to generate heat in the jacket.
- PROTECTED HEATED JACKET--After the power is turned on for 5 minutes, it automatically switches from the high temperature mode to the medium temperature mode. When the temperature is too high, it will stop working immediately. If a short circuit is encountered, the system will automatically cut off the power to fully protect your safety.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL KINDS OF OCCASION-It’s ideal for skiing, hiking, motorcycle, mountaineering, sports, camping, fishing, construction, hunting in the cold winter. If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us, your 100% satisfaction is our pursuit!
What Is Inside A Heated Jacket
Here is a video showing the interior parts of a heated jacket:
So, there are many different heated jackets (and hoodies) out there on the market, and they all come with their respective benefits and downsides. Whilst some of them are cheaper than others, it may be a better option to splash out a little more cash, and get something that does the trick, especially as a heated jacket is a pretty big investment to make. All of the jackets reviewed emit good levels of heat, but the main differing factor is the battery life, and this is important if you really want to get the most out of your jacket. Always make sure to wear the right base layer under your jacket to maximize heat. Also, you may want to consider getting some gloves that are compatible with the hand warmer function of these jackets.
It’s also important to note that all of the jackets above have a light on the front of them to indicate whether they are on or not, and as such, this shouldn’t put you off when you’re on your search for the best jacket for you. It can seem like a bit of a strange design feature, but ultimately, it’s pretty useful and can help you to see which heat setting you have selected. All in all, there are many great heated jackets out there to choose from, and they could help you to survive those harsh winters without any stress. So lace up your snow boots, strap on your snowshoes, put on your new heated jacket, and face the cold weather!