The Top 7 Full Face Snorkel Masks Reviewed
Snorkeling is undoubtedly one of the best ways to explore the water and open your eyes to a whole new world. Whether it’s a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to the Bahamas or you’re lucky enough to live by the coast, the quality of your snorkel will inevitably have a huge influence on the overall experience. As such, finding the best full face snorkel masks on the market is something every water enthusiast should aim to do.
While it’s usually very easy to become drowned by the sheer volume of options on the market, we’ll help you wave hello to the best snorkeling experiences imaginable. Here are five fantastic options that won’t break the budget.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Full Face Snorkel Mask is the Deep Sea O2 Full Face Snorkel Mask.
Best Full Face Snorkel Mask
Available in a stylish black or an ultra cool sea blue, the full face snorkel mask from Deep Sea O2 can be adjusted to suit adults and kids with ease. Moreover, it’s comfortable, safe, and offers far greater viewing experiences than most products on the market.
Safety is the first concern of any snorkeler, and the Deep Sea O2 is perfect. Its ultra-modern design and airbag system keeps the device tight to the face to prevent water creeping in without compromising the overall comfort. More importantly, the clever breathing system allows for just 250-2000 ppm of CO2 whereas many competitors allow 5,000+.
While most snorkels are OK in calm waters, the Deep Sea O2 mask is designed to handle waves and diving, which lends itself to far more enjoyable times in the water. Breathing feels natural while the built-in earplugs are a noteworthy feature that helps with pressure-related issues as well as the threat of water getting stuck in the ears when you leave the water.
As with any snorkel, you will recognize that you’re wearing the device. However, the panoramic 180-degree view is far greater than what most snorkels offer. This gives you the clearest shot of what’s underwater, which can feel very reassuring for youngsters and inexperienced snorkelers. Likewise, it’s ideal if you’re planning to use an underwater camera to capture those moments forever.
The full face snorkel is built to last. So, whether your trips to the beach happen once a year or once a week, the Deep Sea O2 snorkel will look, function, and feel as good as anything on the market.
The Greatever Snorkel Mask boasts a particularly smart design that removes the hassle of reinstalling the breathe tube ahead of each dive while additionally providing the option to mount an action camera with ease. However, those cool design features aren’t the only reasons to love the full face snorkel.
A folding dry-top snorkel is ideal for heavy-handed users as it removes the threat of breaking the clips. Likewise, it prevents the all too familiar scenario of losing the most important part of the device while it’s in storage. This makes the Gratever snorkel mask a particularly convenient and practical solution for regular and infrequent users alike.
Given that the purpose of snorkeling is to explore under the water, the fact that the snorkel mask boasts a design that avoids the fisheye lens view that’s used by many competitors is a major selling point. This gives you a clear view of everything, not least thanks to the wide viewing screen. Better still, you’ll be able to enjoy extended activities without fear of getting headaches.
The tight water seal ensures safe and uninterrupted snorkeling for users of all ages. Meanwhile, the anti-fogging system makes life a lot easier as your breathing won’t cloud the screen. It is also available in a range of colors including blue and red kid-friendly designs. While primarily designed for the sea, children may enjoy using this device in the pool too.
Adjusting the straps to suit your personal preferences can be a little hassle once you’re in the water, so it’s worth doing this before you start. However, this is a small price to play for a comfortable, safe mask – especially at the price.
- FULL FACE DESIGN-Our snorkel mask provides a viewing area,makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while snorkeling.
- DRY TOP SYSTEM-Unique inlet and outlet valves are used,stop salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging.
- FOLDED-SNORKEL DESIGN-By eliminating the falling-off problem of the snorkel,you will never worry about the falling-off or leakage during your snorkeling.
- ANTI-FOG&ANTI-LEAK-The silicone layer inside the mask directly isolates the air from the nose and mouth,and the heat air is not easy to condense on the mirror surface.
- BEGINNER&YOUTH FRIENDLY-Breathing with this mask is so easy,even for not experienced swimmers.
Ocean Reef Aria’s full face is a light, practical, and simple design that is particularly good for those that worry about feeling claustrophobic. Aside from its particularly large viewing field, virtually all of the front parts are clear while the mask is tightened by straps that do not weigh you down in any sense.
The Ocean Reef Aria is available in several sizes too, so the days of either squeezing your face into a small hole or having to tighten the straps to the max because the hole is too big are a thing of the past. With multiple colors on offer including pink, orange, blue, and white, you can easily find one that suits your style. Moreover, families with multiple units can easily distinguish each individual’s device.
Family or group snorkeling was certainly in mind when the manufacturers designed this mask, and this is evidenced best by the use of an optional snorkel talkie device. This allows you to speak with other users even when your heads are underwater, allowing you to truly enjoy joint underwater explorations. It’s a great feature for parents too as they can check on their children at all times.
While most full face masks put pressure on the cheek, the Aria places pressure on the jaw. If this is a preferential solution, then this is probably the right option for you – not least because it is a quality product that’s built to last.
The Aria brand is well known for creating quality diving equipment and the snorkel mask is another major hit that is sure to give you confidence on every expedition. The crisp view and enjoyable viewing experience will last even when snorkeling for hours. Perfect.
- The "Original": - OCEAN REEF's ARIA revolutionalized snorkeling by eliminating many of the negatives of traditional snorkeling masks and snorkels. Improved panoramic vision, ability to breathe from mouth and/or nose, face kept dry, dry top snorkel and non-fogging all offerend in an independent labratory-tested and patented design. Made in Italy by the inventors of Full Face Intergrated Scuba Diving masks with over 25 years of related expertise
- ANTI-FOG: forget about defoggers. Aria's breathing circulation inside the mask's frame guarantees no fogging and no extra stress: by keeping the income air separated from the ougoing air, this snorkeling mask let you enjoy your diving experience without distractions
- NATURAL BREATHING: ARIA full face snorkeling mask lets you breathe naturally with your mouth and/or nose. The dry top system prevents water from splashing into the snorkel and closes when it is submerged to keep water out. Natural, normal breathing means you are comfortable using the mask from the beginning without need to 'learn how to breathe through mouth only' as needed with traditional snorkels
- PERSONALIZATION: make your mask really your own. Choose the most suitable size and the color you like most. Add accessories, such as the action cam support that becomes a selfie stick and the colored markers to make yourself visible when diving with your friends!
- OCEAN REEF - Made in Italy - OCEAN REEF invents, designs and manufactures equipment that allows you to discover underwater wonders with ease. Rely on our 70 years of experience and quality for the best possible underwater experience, whether you are a snorkeling beginner or an experienced scuba diver
The Wildhorn Outfitters Seaview face snorkel mask looks fairly similar to the best traditional snorkelling masks, only with the built-in breathable technology rather than using a separate breathing tube. It’s light, fun, and a great entry-level face snorkel for those that are used to the old type of snorkels.
Aside from preventing the danger of breathing in water, the fog-resistance keeps the wide viewing screen clear at all times. While the design is big (noticeably larger than most of the alternatives on the market), the face mask works exceptionally well. The seal is watertight, allowing you to focus on snorkeling rather than adjusting the fit every five minutes, which is a major bonus.
Appearances might not feel normal, but breathing will thanks to the dry technology. This removes any sense of panic that could have otherwise been experienced, which is especially important for youngsters or those that don’t like feeling trapped. The GoPro mount is particularly useful too as you can attach your camera and forget about it throughout the trip.
The dry technology in this device is particularly responsive, meaning no water will end up in your mouth. It may take some getting used to the fact you cannot tilt your head back or forwards with any real power unless you are happy for a temporary lack of oxygen. However, the tech does prevent CO2 from reaching headache-inducing levels.
Given that it’s also available in an array of colors including black, blue, white, red, yellow, plum, and sky blue (as well as being made in multiple sizes) the WildHorn is ideal for kids and adults alike. They do look big and bulky, but the light design actually allows for very easy snorkeling above and under the water.
- 180 FULL FACE DESIGN- Our snorkel mask makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while you are snorkeling. Our mask and snorkel provide a 180 viewing area- the biggest of any snorkel mask on the market today guaranteeing that you will see more fish and sea creatures than ever before. With our integrated GoPro Mount you can easily attach your GoPro camera to capture and share your adventure with friends and family.
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging. Spend less time worrying about water in your mask and more time snorkeling!
- FOG RESISTANT DESIGN- There is nothing worse than dealing with a mask that is constantly fogging up. Our innovative design features a separate breathing chamber that creates an airflow away from your main viewing visor that helps eliminates fogging and will keep you snorkeling longer.
- EASY TO USE- So you spend less time fussing with equipment and more time enjoying your snorkeling experience.
- PROPER USE- Full face snorkel masks are designed for leisure surface snorkeling. Serious free diving is not recommended. Strenuous swimming while wearing any type of snorkel, including full face designs, is not recommended. Be sure to take regular breaks while snorkeling. Also follow the buddy rule: never snorkel alone.
The Unigear Full Face Snorkel Mask isn’t much more expensive than your average standard snorkel yet it provides some of the incredible features needed to dramatically enhance your future snorkeling adventures.
Available in two sizes, the snorkel offers a comfortable fit or all users. The breathing mechanism keeps the screen clear from CO2 and fogging while the tube stops water from entering even when you diver under. Given the lightweight design, diving down is a lot easier with this product than some of the others out there.
The use of a folding snorkel is great from a practical sense and additionally leaves ample space for the GoPro mount, which is a lot sturdier than it looks. The plastic elements (and straps are available in white, pink, blue, black and other colors enabling you to look the part while feeling the part. It does many things well, not least in terms of the fit around the face. Wearing eyeglasses, for example, is comfortable and won’t cause headaches.
Despite the price and heavy use of plastic, the device is very good at handling the waves and even the wind. Once you’ve fixed it in place, you’ll be able to enjoy the underwater adventure without worrying about adjusting the mask each time you lift your head. In truth, thanks to the natural breathing, you won’t feel the need to lift your head entirely out of the water at any stage.
A true 180-degree viewpoint lets you explore a whole new dimension under the waves. Whether you’re in the sea or the pool, your vision will feel very natural – unlike it would the traditional alternatives. This makes for hours of fun in a particularly safe manner.
- 180FULL FACE DESIGN: Our snorkel mask provides 180 Panoramic view, makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while you are snorkeling. you will see more fish and undersea world than ever before! With a detachable for camera mount you can easily connect your camera and capture the movement around you in hands-free high-definition
- FOLDED-SNORKEL DESIGN:Fold the tube by gently push a button,you will never worry about the falling-off or leakage during your snorkeling, This mask will serve you for a long time and perfectly solves the non-folding snorkel masks' problem and the installation difficulties, like easily damaging the buckle and easily lose your snorkel mask
- EASY BTEATH & ANTI-FOG DESIGN:Unigear Full face snorkel mask allows user breathe through mouth or nose while snorkeling with no mouthpiece. With 9.3 inches Longer snorkel tube allow you to diving deeper.Separate inhaling and exhaling channels that creates an airflow away from your main viewing Vision that helps eliminates fogging and will keep you snorkeling longer
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY:A ball at the top of the tube will automatically seal the air valve to stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging, Spend less time worrying about water in your mask and more time snorkeling
- 100% SATISFATION GUARANTEE:If you are not 100% satisfied with this product for any reason, please contact customer service within 60 days, and we will immediately refund your purchase price - no questions asked
The SeeReef snorkel is a modern-looking and sleek snorkel that combines an air tube and googles within one unit. The lower breathing area and the upper viewing lens are divided, with an extra-long air tube connecting through four intake valves in a dry snorkel floating valve system. You can benefit from fog-free, 180-degree, clear viewing thanks to the shatterproof flat lens.
This mask promises a better view underwater, as well as natural breathing. Fogging is minimized because exhaled air flows up through the snorkel, rather than the lens chamber. The innovative design of this snorkel lowers the chance of swallowing water or choking.
There are a number of different features that we like when it comes to this snorkel. This includes the enhanced air tube. The extra-long breathing tube is an enhancement on previous models, ensuring a natural flow of air. Air is expelled from the system via the side chambers and out the top.
All in all, this is a great snorkel for anyone looking for a dry snorkel system that will help to stop water intake. It enables natural and easy breathing through the mouth and nose.
- NEW 2018 DESIGN the 4 valves make this easy-to-breathe snorkel perfect for seeing 180 underwater. Whats more, the upgraded EXTRA LONG BREATHING TUBE makes drawing breath even easier while keeping the mask completely fog free.
- COMPLETE KIT + FREE HARD CARRY CASE - you spoke and we listened, after reading feedback on all other snorkel masks we discovered that most people complain about the scratches caused because there is no case. With our case you will SeeReef not scratches. As a bonus it comes with a combo of 2 different sets of ear plugs to make sure they fit you perfectly.
- UPGRADED FLAT CLEAR LENS older designs use a curved lens that is good in theory, but during our extensive testing we noticed that vision actually became distorted. Now we have upgraded the lens design so that it out-performs all the others, allowing perfect clarity while maintaining both comfort and the easy breathing function.
- ADULT SIZES with 2 sizes to pick from you can expect the ultimate watertight fit! You will need to measure between your eyes and chin. less than 4.7 in (10cm) is a small/medium and more than 4.7in (10cm) is a large/XL.
- SEEREEF MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: Unlike many of the large snorkel companies that use cheap materials and unproven designs, SeeReef uses only the best materials and designs to give you an unmatched snorkeling experience. SeeReef is backed by our 100% SEEREEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you are not 100% THRILLED with your purchase, we'll gladly refund every penny. Click Add to Cart now and buy with confidence.
If you are looking for a snorkel mask that gets the job done and is not going to cost you a fortune, we certainly recommend this product from Zipoute. Not only does it have an attractive design, but it comes with a good selection of features as well.
The anti-leakage properties of this mask will help to keep your face as dry as possible. We think it is especially suited to beginners who are getting to grips with snorkelling. You can expect a really great view with this mask. The 180-degree lens enables you to see around without experiencing any problems.
Aside from this, it is an eco-friendly and non-toxic snorkelling mask. We were also impressed with the construction of it, posting medical grade PU and silicone to make certain that you enjoy a much better experience without any allergy reactions. The covering is professional and unique, meaning there is not going to be any sort of leakage from any side of your mask.
With this mask, we feel that you’re going to get a natural and improved breathing process. There is also a camera mount as well, which most people are going to want when buying a snorkel mask. Plus, if that wasn’t enough, despite being cost-efficient, you’re going to get a better view when compared with a lot of the other masks out there.
- 180 FULL FACE DESIGN Panoramic full face snorkel mask gives you superior views over a standard diving mask for beautiful underwater adventures, makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose when snorkeling.
- DRY SNORKEL & ANTI-FOGGING TECHNOLOGY: Dry snorkel system at the top stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging. Our innovative design features a separate breathing chamber that creates an airflow away from your main viewing visor, so that it eliminates fogging and keep you snorkeling longer.
- CAMERA MOUNT DESIGN: The Snorkel Mask Full Face has Camera stand, you can capture every amazing moment in the sea and share it with your friends and family.
- MEDICAL ORIGINAL MATERIAL AND SIZE: Made of High Quality PC and Medical Grade Silicone. Non-toxic and environmental, which can prevent skin allergic or other skin problems. The size is measured from the eyebrow to the bottom of your chin, if less than or equal to 4.72in(12cm), select size S/M; If more than 4.72in(12cm), select size L/XL.
- PROPER USE: Full face snorkel masks are designed for leisure surface snorkeling. Serious freediving is not recommended. Strenuous swimming while wearing any type of snorkel, including full face designs, is not recommended. Be sure to take regular breaks while snorkeling. Also follow the buddy rule: never snorkel alone.
How To Snorkel With A Full Face Snorkel Mask
Here is a very good video showing how to use a full face snorkel:
Other Watersport Gear
If you liked this article, you may also be interested in our other boating reviews. Be sure to check out our lists of the best inflatable kayaks, best inflatable paddle boards, best spincast reels, and best life jackets.