The Top 5 Full Face Snorkel Masks Reviewed
Snorkeling is undoubtedly one of the best ways to explore the water and open your eyes to a whole new world. Whether it’s a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to the Bahamas or you’re lucky enough to live by the coast, the quality of your snorkel will inevitably have a huge influence on the overall experience. As such, finding the best full face snorkel masks on the market is something every water enthusiast should aim to do.
While it’s usually very easy to become drowned by the sheer volume of options on the market, we’ll help you wave hello to the best snorkeling experiences imaginable. Here are five fantastic options that won’t break the budget.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Full Face Snorkel Mask is the Deep Sea O2 Full Face Snorkel Mask.
Best Full Face Snorkel Mask
Available in a stylish black or an ultra cool sea blue, the full face snorkel mask from Deep Sea O2 can be adjusted to suit adults and kids with ease. Moreover, it’s comfortable, safe, and offers far greater viewing experiences than most products on the market.
Safety is the first concern of any snorkeler, and the Deep Sea O2 is perfect. Its ultra-modern design and airbag system keeps the device tight to the face to prevent water creeping in without compromising the overall comfort. More importantly, the clever breathing system allows for just 250-2000 ppm of CO2 whereas many competitors allow 5,000+.
While most snorkels are OK in calm waters, the Deep Sea O2 mask is designed to handle waves and diving, which lends itself to far more enjoyable times in the water. Breathing feels natural while the built-in earplugs are a noteworthy feature that helps with pressure-related issues as well as the threat of water getting stuck in the ears when you leave the water.
As with any snorkel, you will recognize that you’re wearing the device. However, the panoramic 180-degree view is far greater than what most snorkels offer. This gives you the clearest shot of what’s underwater, which can feel very reassuring for youngsters and inexperienced snorkelers. Likewise, it’s ideal if you’re planning to use an underwater camera to capture those moments forever.
The full face snorkel is built to last. So, whether your trips to the beach happen once a year or once a week, the Deep Sea O2 snorkel will look, function, and feel as good as anything on the market.
The Greatever Snorkel Mask boasts a particularly smart design that removes the hassle of reinstalling the breathe tube ahead of each dive while additionally providing the option to mount an action camera with ease. However, those cool design features aren’t the only reasons to love the full face snorkel.
A folding dry-top snorkel is ideal for heavy-handed users as it removes the threat of breaking the clips. Likewise, it prevents the all too familiar scenario of losing the most important part of the device while it’s in storage. This makes the Gratever snorkel mask a particularly convenient and practical solution for regular and infrequent users alike.
Given that the purpose of snorkeling is to explore under the water, the fact that the snorkel mask boasts a design that avoids the fisheye lens view that’s used by many competitors is a major selling point. This gives you a clear view of everything, not least thanks to the wide viewing screen. Better still, you’ll be able to enjoy extended activities without fear of getting headaches.
The tight water seal ensures safe and uninterrupted snorkeling for users of all ages. Meanwhile, the anti-fogging system makes life a lot easier as your breathing won’t cloud the screen. It is also available in a range of colors including blue and red kid-friendly designs. While primarily designed for the sea, children may enjoy using this device in the pool too.
Adjusting the straps to suit your personal preferences can be a little hassle once you’re in the water, so it’s worth doing this before you start. However, this is a small price to play for a comfortable, safe mask – especially at the price.
- FULL FACE DESIGN-Our snorkel mask provides a viewing area,makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while snorkeling.
- DRY TOP SYSTEM-Unique inlet and outlet valves are used,stop salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging.
- FOLDED-SNORKEL DESIGN-By eliminating the falling-off problem of the snorkel,you will never worry about the falling-off or leakage during your snorkeling.
- ANTI-FOG&ANTI-LEAK-The silicone layer inside the mask directly isolates the air from the nose and mouth,and the heat air is not easy to condense on the mirror surface.
- BEGINNER&YOUTH FRIENDLY-Breathing with this mask is so easy,even for not experienced swimmers.
Ocean Reef Aria’s full face is a light, practical, and simple design that is particularly good for those that worry about feeling claustrophobic. Aside from its particularly large viewing field, virtually all of the front parts are clear while the mask is tightened by straps that do not weigh you down in any sense.
The Ocean Reef Aria is available in several sizes too, so the days of either squeezing your face into a small hole or having to tighten the straps to the max because the hole is too big are a thing of the past. With multiple colors on offer including pink, orange, blue, and white, you can easily find one that suits your style. Moreover, families with multiple units can easily distinguish each individual’s device.
Family or group snorkeling was certainly in mind when the manufacturers designed this mask, and this is evidenced best by the use of an optional snorkel talkie device. This allows you to speak with other users even when your heads are underwater, allowing you to truly enjoy joint underwater explorations. It’s a great feature for parents too as they can check on their children at all times.
While most full face masks put pressure on the cheek, the Aria places pressure on the jaw. If this is a preferential solution, then this is probably the right option for you – not least because it is a quality product that’s built to last.
The Aria brand is well known for creating quality diving equipment and the snorkel mask is another major hit that is sure to give you confidence on every expedition. The crisp view and enjoyable viewing experience will last even when snorkeling for hours. Perfect.
- 180º PANORAMIC VIEW - get a better view of life under the surface with a wider field of vision. The full face mask design sits further back on the face, allowing for unprecedented peripheral vision compared to traditional snorkel masks.
- DRY TOP SNORKEL - explore sea life with confidence knowing you won't be surprised by a gulp of water from a wave. The dry-top snorkel protects the airway from crashing waves, saving the snorkeler from distractions.
- PURGE VALVE - For the daring snorkeler that wants to go below the surface, easily clear excess water from the mask with a quick exhale.
- UNRESTRICTED BREATHING - Internal ventilation allows for ease of breath while allowing everyone to breath through the nose, or mouth, or both.
- FOG FREE - the ability to both inhale and exhale within the mask naturally keeps the sight free of fog with the use for expensive defog.
The Wildhorn Outfitters Seaview face snorkel mask looks fairly similar to the best traditional snorkelling masks, only with the built-in breathable technology rather than using a separate breathing tube. It’s light, fun, and a great entry-level face snorkel for those that are used to the old type of snorkels.
Aside from preventing the danger of breathing in water, the fog-resistance keeps the wide viewing screen clear at all times. While the design is big (noticeably larger than most of the alternatives on the market), the face mask works exceptionally well. The seal is watertight, allowing you to focus on snorkeling rather than adjusting the fit every five minutes, which is a major bonus.
Appearances might not feel normal, but breathing will thanks to the dry technology. This removes any sense of panic that could have otherwise been experienced, which is especially important for youngsters or those that don’t like feeling trapped. The GoPro mount is particularly useful too as you can attach your camera and forget about it throughout the trip.
The dry technology in this device is particularly responsive, meaning no water will end up in your mouth. It may take some getting used to the fact you cannot tilt your head back or forwards with any real power unless you are happy for a temporary lack of oxygen. However, the tech does prevent CO2 from reaching headache-inducing levels.
Given that it’s also available in an array of colors including black, blue, white, red, yellow, plum, and sky blue (as well as being made in multiple sizes) the WildHorn is ideal for kids and adults alike. They do look big and bulky, but the light design actually allows for very easy snorkeling above and under the water.
- 180° FULL FACE DESIGN- Our snorkel mask makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while you are snorkeling. Our mask and snorkel provide a 180° viewing area- the biggest of any snorkel mask on the market today guaranteeing that you will see more fish and sea creatures than ever before. With our integrated GoPro Mount you can easily attach your GoPro camera to capture and share your adventure with friends and family.
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging. Spend less time worrying about water in your mask and more time snorkeling!
- FOG RESISTANT DESIGN- There is nothing worse than dealing with a mask that is constantly fogging up. Our innovative design features a separate breathing chamber that creates an airflow away from your main viewing visor that helps eliminates fogging and will keep you snorkeling longer.
- EASY TO USE- So you spend less time fussing with equipment and more time enjoying your snorkeling experience.
- PROPER USE- Full face snorkel masks are designed for leisure surface snorkeling. Serious free diving is not recommended. Strenuous swimming while wearing any type of snorkel, including full face designs, is not recommended. Be sure to take regular breaks while snorkeling. Also follow the buddy rule: never snorkel alone.
The Unigear Full Face Snorkel Mask isn’t much more expensive than your average standard snorkel yet it provides some of the incredible features needed to dramatically enhance your future snorkeling adventures.
Available in two sizes, the snorkel offers a comfortable fit or all users. The breathing mechanism keeps the screen clear from CO2 and fogging while the tube stops water from entering even when you diver under. Given the lightweight design, diving down is a lot easier with this product than some of the others out there.
The use of a folding snorkel is great from a practical sense and additionally leaves ample space for the GoPro mount, which is a lot sturdier than it looks. The plastic elements (and straps are available in white, pink, blue, black and other colors enabling you to look the part while feeling the part. It does many things well, not least in terms of the fit around the face. Wearing eyeglasses, for example, is comfortable and won’t cause headaches.
Despite the price and heavy use of plastic, the device is very good at handling the waves and even the wind. Once you’ve fixed it in place, you’ll be able to enjoy the underwater adventure without worrying about adjusting the mask each time you lift your head. In truth, thanks to the natural breathing, you won’t feel the need to lift your head entirely out of the water at any stage.
A true 180-degree viewpoint lets you explore a whole new dimension under the waves. Whether you’re in the sea or the pool, your vision will feel very natural – unlike it would the traditional alternatives. This makes for hours of fun in a particularly safe manner.
- 180°FULL FACE DESIGN: Our snorkel mask provides 180º Panoramic view, makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while you are snorkeling. you will see more fish and undersea world than ever before! With a detachable for camera mount you can easily connect your camera and capture the movement around you in hands-free high-definition
- FOLDED-SNORKEL DESIGN:Fold the tube by gently push a button,you will never worry about the falling-off or leakage during your snorkeling, This mask will serve you for a long time and perfectly solves the non-folding snorkel masks' problem and the installation difficulties, like easily damaging the buckle and easily lose your snorkel mask
- EASY BTEATH & ANTI-FOG DESIGN:Unigear Full face snorkel mask allows user breathe through mouth or nose while snorkeling with no mouthpiece. With 9.3 inches Longer snorkel tube allow you to diving deeper.Separate inhaling and exhaling channels that creates an airflow away from your main viewing Vision that helps eliminates fogging and will keep you snorkeling longer
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY:A ball at the top of the tube will automatically seal the air valve to stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging, Spend less time worrying about water in your mask and more time snorkeling
- 100% SATISFATION GUARANTEE:If you are not 100% satisfied with this product for any reason, please contact customer service within 60 days, and we will immediately refund your purchase price - no questions asked
How To Snorkel With A Full Face Snorkel Mask
Here is a very good video showing how to use a full face snorkel:
Other Watersport Gear
If you liked this article, you may also be interested in our other boating reviews. Be sure to check out our lists of the best inflatable kayaks, best inflatable paddle boards, best spincast reels, and best life jackets.