The Top 5 Electric Longboards and Skateboards Reviewed
There are a lot of great items on the market for sheer fun today! An electric skateboard certainly falls into this category. If you’re looking for an electric longboard, this guide reveals everything you need to know. We will explain the benefits of purchasing this product, as well as revealing more about five of the best electric skateboards on the market today.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Electric Skateboard is the Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard.
Why should you purchase an electric skateboard?
There are a number of different reasons why you should invest in a quality electric skateboard. This includes the following…
- You can use your electric skateboard to get to and from work. After all, cars can be an expensive way of traveling. Instead, with a skateboard, you can travel in an affordable and quick manner.
- You will struggle to find anything that beats the feeling of cruising along the street on your skateboard. You can do this with pure ease if you have an electric skateboard. You can carve your way through town and experience the thrill of taking on the hills. Plus, if you have off-road wheels with your skateboard, you will even be able to explore rougher paths that simply would not even enter your consideration if your board was not motorized.
- This is a great introduction for anyone who is new to the world of skateboarding. You can learn how to ride a skateboard without needing to push off. You can easily navigate your skateboard around the local area. As you get more and more comfortable, you will be able to treat more advanced maneuvers, such as hill bombing and carving, as well as increasing your speeds.
- If you are someone who already enjoys skateboarding, you may be seeking a new challenge. An electric skateboard will provide exactly that. You don’t have to keep walking up those hills to experience the thrill of going down to the other side. Instead, with an electric skateboard, all you need to do is use the handheld remote and you can get up the hill just as easy as going down it.
- You can be part of a fun and exciting community/ More and more people are getting involved in electric skateboarding. Why not be a part of this and experience the fun?
Best Electric Skateboards
There is only one place to begin when it comes to the best electric skateboards on the market today, and this is with the Boosted Mini x Electric Skateboard. You will struggle to find better than this skateboard when it comes to performance and power. This skateboard delivers an outstanding trip, with great breaks and a lot of speed.
It has a minimalistic and sleek design, which makes it ideal for a wide range of people, including those looking for an electric skateboard for their commute to and from work.
There are a lot of great features associated with this electric skateboard that makes it such a good choice. It goes at 20 mph, which means you will get to your destination faster. It also comes with three different ride modes, regenerative breaks, and a deep dish composite deck, which will keep you locked in.
The portability of this board is another great factor worth taking into account. It measures 11 inches in width and 29.5 inches in length, which makes it very easy to carry around. When you take all of this into consideration, it is not difficult to see why this is one of the most popular skateboards on the market today.
- Exhilarating top speeds of 20 mph gets you there faster
- Climb the steepest hills of your commute without breaking a sweat
- 3 ride modes specifically tuned to the Boosted mini. Brakes- Regenerative Brakes.Power- 1,000 Watts
- Deep dish composite deck keeps you Locked in. App - iOS and Android
- Go up to 14 miles with the extended range battery. Charge Time-1 hour 45 minutes
You will certainly be impressed with the Ride1up MAPLE DROP-THRU board, as it provides you with three boards with the identical configuration but not the same flex. This means you are going to be able to select the best board for your riding style.
This board has a low profile battery, low center of gravity, and soft double-barrel bushings, which makes it perfect for carving. The deck is decent; it’s a 38” drop-thru Canadian maple deck.
One thing a lot of people will be pleased to hear is that this board is fast. It has a top speed of 26 mph, which makes it one of the faster boards on the market. You can definitely reach this top speed as well thanks to the dual-motor setup. However, it may feel a bit wobbly when you go this fast. On the flip side, the acceleration is smooth, even at the higher speeds.
This promo video shows the maple drop-thru board in action:
The range that is advertised is 19 miles. However, this is only in perfect conditions. Therefore, if you look at more realistic riding conditions, you can get 12 – 15 miles out of it. This is still good!
Overall, if you are looking for something that is affordable and going to provide you with a fun ride, this is definitely a good choice. It is also ideal for beginners who are seeing something they are not going to outgrow fast.
Ride1up MAPLE DROP-THRU
- 38″ Canadian maple drop-thru deck
- Progressive concave, neutral rocker
- 30mph Top Speed – 1200w dual hub motors
- 18 mile range – 270wh battery
- Kick-start, Auto-On/Off
Next, we have the SKATEBOLT electric skateboard. This is one of the most impressive looking skateboards on the market today. This is because the surface of the skateboard has been made of eight different layers of maple wood, giving it a very impressive appearance.
Another thing we like about this skateboard is the fact that it has both high and low-speed limits for both the advanced and the beginner modes. The maximum speed with this skateboard is 20 kmph, with the five degrees of hilling angle.
You can enjoy a short outing with no break thanks to the 250W power supply capacity, which is delivered via the 80mm brushless hub twofold motors. It also offers a chargeable remote control, which enables you to expand speed, modify the course, and manage your breaking time.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - 25 mph top speed and 25% grade hill climbing, high quality ride at a great choice for both beginners and advanced skaters. Beginner (for new e-skaters) 10 MPH/16KMH, Eco (for leisure riding) 15 MPH/25KMH, Expert (for experienced riders) 25 MPH/40KMH
- LONGER RANGE WITH EXTENED RANGE BATTERY - Hurricane Electric Skateboard with 6600mAh, 36V Lithium Samsung battery, more powerful and more stamina, come out of the box and ready to go
- Durable & Stable - High density 8 layers maple wood skateboard with cover grip tape across top of deck provides a stable and more powerful grip during skating.Load up to 280 lbs and still have high speed and hill climbing
- BRUSHLESS DUAL MOTORS - 500W MOTOR WITH REGENERATIVE BRAKING provide you an unbelievably speed and smooth riding experience, acceleration and deceleration with reverse capability, easy to switch forward/backward
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE- 6 MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY. We have maintenance center for repair and replacement in USA. SKATEBOLT warrants that this product will be free of manufacturing and/or workmanship defects for a period of 6 months
Next, we have the Teamgee H5 Electric Skateboard. There is no denying that this range of skateboards have become very well known for their slim-line design. This is because of the pack containing the battery is built into the board. When you realise that the thickness of the board is only 0.6 inches, it seems that this is almost impossible. Needless to say, this also means that there is no flex to offer protection to the battery and the deck is rigid.
All of the parts are well-known, standard parts, which you will find on a lot of the boards out there today. This includes housing 380W hub motors at the rear and 90mm 83A Flywheel clone wheels. The top speed of this electric skateboard is 20mph. The powertrain is decent. It’s not the best feature of this electric longboard but it is more than sufficient to get the job done.
So, what does set this skateboard apart and why is it one of our top picks? There are a number of reasons why this is the case. Firstly, it is one of the more affordable models on the market today, and you certainly get a lot in return when it comes to this board.
The details are also impressive, and probably the best thing about this electric skateboard. It has an LED flashlight, two-speed settings, a battery display, and a speed indicator. Couple this with the fact that it pretty much looks like a standard, non-electric skateboard, and it is not hard to see why this is considered a great pick.
- Ul certification E503354, 0. 59 inches thick, The thinnest E-skateboard; 3 inches off the ground provides stability and control
- 37 inches longboard, 8. 7 inches wide, weighs 14. 5 pounds and can hold a maximum load of 200 pounds.
- Powered by high-performance 380W x 2 motors giving it a 9~11 miles range with a top speed of 22 MPH.
- Made from 10 ply Canadian Maple and 1 ply fiberglass, offers a medium flex for a smooth ride.
- Includes wireless remote control with LCD screen for changing speeds and directions, and reversing.
Last but not least, we are going to end on an electric skateboard that is ideal for beginners, and this is the RazorX Ripstick Cruiser Electric Skateboard. It goes up to 10mph, it is cheap, and it is easy to use too. What more could you want from your very first electric skateboard?
Not only this but Razor has a great reputation for electric skateboards, and so you can certainly rely on the brand. This particular skateboard has 125 watts. It comes with a hand-held remote and an incredible read-wheel-drive motor, which offers ease of use. You can also drive at your preferred cruising velocity thanks to the variable-speed control.
You can expect around 40 minutes of continual use with this skateboard. It is also one of the more affordable models on the market when compared with similar electric skateboards. There is also no assembly required; you can simply jump on the skateboard and start riding.
- Powered by a 125-watt motor, providing lithium-ion-powered electric skateboarding action at speeds up to 10 mph for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 29.7 inch (754 mm) deck length and high quality 5-ply Maple deck deliver a lightweight, responsive ride perfect for cruising
- Includes a wireless (2.4 Ghz) remote with wrist strap (replaceable) for variable-speed control of the electrifying carve-and-turn action
- Features high-grip urethane wheels and custom reverse kingpin trucks for enhanced stability, perforated grip tape and Geared, rear-wheel drive
- Recommended for ages 9 and older and will support a rider up to 220 pounds