The Top 5 Camping Pillows Reviewed
If there is one thing that puts people off the whole idea of camping holidays, it has to be the perceived discomfort of it. Many people would much rather spend some extra money on booking a hotel room so that they can enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep. If that’s your reason for not going camping, though, it suggests that you just haven’t been well prepared when you’ve done it in the past. Or, you maybe just don’t know all of the modern camping gear that you can now buy to ensure you are comfortable every night in your tent.
Take camping pillows for instance. Now that you can buy these compact pillows to take with you when you do go camping, you will be able to enjoy a comfortable night just like as you would in a proper bed. You just need to pair them with a reliable blow-up mattress. But once you do start to use camping pillows, you won’t have to sleep with your head on the hard ground anymore. It will certainly help you drop off and wake up feeling very refreshed ready for a day of hiking or exploring the local area.
So, do you think it’s time you improved your camping trips by investing in a good camping pillow? Here are some of our favorites.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Camping Pillow is the Sea to Summit Aeros Pillow.
The Best Camping Pillows
One of the best camping pillows has to be the Sea to Summit Aeros Pillow. It’s inflatable, but that doesn’t mean you will end up getting out of breath trying to inflate it. In actual fact, it is really easy to blow the pillow up and many users comment that they can inflate it fully in just a few breaths. So, you certainly won’t need to take a nap straight after inflating it!
Many people love the fact that this pillow comes in two sizes, so you will be able to choose the one that will help you get comfier. If you go for the larger one, then you will find that you can enjoy some luxurious comfort without all of the extra weight that you might expect. Each pillow is incredibly lightweight, so you might be surprised at just how durable they are. The Sea to Summit Aeros Pillow can certainly withstand a lot of wear and tear, so you shouldn’t struggle with it no matter what kind of terrain you are camping on.
When it’s time to pack the pillow and move onto your next camping spot, you will find that it’s not too difficult to deflate either. It has a second tab that you just need to press to quickly release all of the air.
Even though this might cost you ever so slightly more than the average camping pillow, many consumers believe that it is very much worth the price!
- Inflate pillow in just a couple of breaths with the multi-functional valve. Brushed 50D polyester knit is very soft and durable
- Synthetic fill between pillow case and TPU bladder increases comfort and wicks away perspiration
- Curved internal baffles create contours that cradle your head
- Scalloped bottom edge centers pillow around your shoulders whether you are sleeping on your back, side or upright in a chair
- Regular: 14 x 10 x 5 in. (2.80oz / 79g). Large: 16.5 x 11.5 x 5.5 in. (3.7 oz / 105g)
Imagine if you could get a memory foam camping pillow… Well, you might be happy to hear that you can! The Coop Home Goods Camping Pillow is made from memory foam so you know that it’s going to help you get a super comfortable night’s sleep, even if you are sleeping out under the stars. Don’t worry, though, that doesn’t mean that it is going to be extremely bulky. In fact, you will be able to compress it and store it in a stuff sack. It will then be convenient to pack or carry with you when you are hiking. Of course, this pillow isn’t just great for campers and hikers – business travelers regularly use these when they have to take a long-haul flight.
One other great advantage of the Coop Home Goods Camping Pillow is that you can increase and decrease its size as required. That’s because you can add and take away foam as and when you need to. This means that you can reduce the size if you need to sleep in a cramped space, or you can increase it for a bit more comfort.
It doesn’t matter whether you sleep on your back, side, or stomach – every kind of sleeper will find that this camping pillow provides them with plenty of comfort. What’s more, it’s machine washable. It doesn’t matter how dirty it may get during a camping trip, once you’ve popped it in the washing machine, it will come out looking as good as new.
- BE A HAPPY CAMPER ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE – Take the comfort and luxury of our bestselling pillow anywhere you go. This pillow will keep you cozy through all of life’s adventures. Great for business travelers, campers, backpackers, or anyone on the go.
- INCLUDES A CONVENIENT, COMPRESSIBLE STUFF SACK – The water-resistant stuff sack (color may vary) allows you to compress the pillow to half its size to save space in your suitcase or backpack.
- PORTABLE, ADJUSTABLE LUXURY – This pillow is fully adjustable and packs all the comfort and durability of our full-sized pillow in a compact size so you can travel light and travel right.
- SAFE FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES – CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified to ensure safety and quality. Our Lulltra fabric (40% bamboo-derived viscose rayon and 60% polyester) provides supreme breathability and a soft hand feel. Made in the USA.
- THE BEST TRAVEL COMPANION, GUARANTEED – If you don’t fall in love within 100 days (although we’re sure you will), contact us directly to return the pillow for a full refund, no questions asked. We also offer a 5-year warranty.
Another great camping pillow that is compressible rather than inflatable is the Term-a-Rest Compressible Travel Pillow. It’s an ultralight pillow so won’t add any weight to your bag or luggage when you are traveling. Plus, the foam inside it is super soft, so you won’t be missing out on any comfort at all. It’s a great all-round pillow if you are looking for one that you can take camping, on plane journeys, and for long car trips.
Like some of the other camping pillows in this list, you can choose between different sizes so that you get the best possible pillow for you. No matter how you sleep, you should find that this compressible pillow gives brilliant support to your head, back, and neck. Even if you are sleeping in a difficult place, you don’t have to worry about waking up with any aches or pains!
The cover of the pillow is made from a brushed polyester, which will feel soft against the skin. You might feel like you’re using your pillow from home rather than a camping one!
You can’t beat the price of this camping pillow either. If you go with one of the basic ones, you’ll find that they are a lot cheaper than some of the others in this list.
- Ultralight (12 ounce) compressible travel pillow with soft foam filling that packs down small for road trips, plane travel, camping, and backpacking
- Foam filling expands into a 4-inch thick pillow for head, neck, and back support in tents, cars, planes, and other tough-to-get-comfortable places
- Compact design packs into a backpack, duffle, suitcase, or tote; drawstring and cord lock keeps pillow securely compressed when not in use
- Brushed polyester cover is soft against skin for comfort; lofty urethane fill is an upcycled byproduct of Thermarest mattresses
- Pillow measures 16 x 23 x 4 inches (16 x 7 x 7 inches compressed) and weighs 12 ounces; before use, shake and fluff to restore loft; machine washable; made in the USA
The Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Pillow is another compressible option and also features memory foam. This is also another pillow that comes with its own little bag so that you can pack it away once you’re finished with it and it’s been compressed. Once it has been packed into the bag, it will conveniently fit into a backpack.
You’ll be able to choose from a range of colors when you are picking your new pillow, and there are also three sizes to pick from as well. So you will easily be able to find a pillow that will be just the right size to keep you supported depending on your sleeping arrangements. The pillow is also machine washable as well, so you won’t have to replace it after a particularly dirty camping experience!
Lots of consumers who have previously bought the Wise Owl Outfitter Camping Pillow love just how comfy it is, thanks to the memory foam and soft outer material. Others also remark at how surprised they were when they realized just how well they can compress and roll up the pillow once done with it.
Whether this pillow is for you or your kids, we’re sure that a comfortable night’s sleep will be enjoyed on it. If not, you can take advantage of the brand’s 100% satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn’t live up to your expectations, you can simply return it for a full refund, with no questions asked!
- DON'T WORRY ABOUT SLEEPING ON A HARD ROCK! Our packable camping pillow has memory like foam cushion support with a soft micro-suede cover and extremely supportive foam to give you and your head a great night’s sleep.
- COMPACT WITH CONVENIENT BAG FOR EASY PACKING! Designed with drawstring closure to keep pillow compressed down in a 9” x 6” stuff sack for the small pillow, 10 ½” x 6” in the medium size & 12" x 7" in the large size to fit easily into a backpack suitcase briefcase or tote!
- LIGHTWEIGHT PORTABLE PILLOW IN THREE SIZES! Traveling has never been more comfortable with our 5-inch-thick pillow. The small size expands to 12 x 16 (9 oz in weight), the medium 14 x 18 (11 oz in weight) & the large 16 x 23 (13 oz in weight) for ultimate support and comfort. Great for kids, adults and even your toddler.
- FIND THE PERFECT MATCH FOR YOUR CAMPING GEAR! We offer 5 bold colors for you to choose from. Machine washable and dryer friendly for easy clean up.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - So you don’t have to wonder if you are risking your hard-earned money. If you don’t love it just let us know. We take great pride in taking care of our awesome customers. Don’t take our word for it… just look at our other product reviews.
For another all-round pillow that is perfect for camping, backpacking, car journeys, and long-haul flights, the TETON Sports Camp Pillow is another one for you to consider when you are choosing one to buy. It’s another one that you won’t have to inflate as its SuperLoft Elite 4-channel fiber will expand on its own once you unpack it. The fiber won’t lose any of its firmness even after the pillow has been compressed multiple times, so you are guaranteed a good night’s sleep.
One of the most notable advantages of the TETON Sports Camp Pillow is that the outside is made from a brushed P5 poly hi-count surface. This will be useful as it won’t ever stick to you if your tent gets warm. So there’s no risk of your pillow making you clammy in the night!
This is another pillow that is easy to wash – simply pop it in your machine after each trip and it will come out clean and ready to go again!
There are a few different colors to choose from when you are picking your pillow, and you’ll find that TETON also offer matching sleeping bags as well. So you will be able to sleep in style as well as comfort!
- SMALL PILLOW THAT’S BIG ON COMFORT: Extra soft pillow is perfect when it’s time to relax; For travel, backpacking trips, camping, and anytime you need it
- WASHABLE: Finally, a travel pillow that can be washed just like your pillow at home; Designed to be taken anywhere—the included pillowcase is also machine washable
- NO INFLATING NECESSARY: Pillow lofts up on its own; Whether you’re sleeping under the stars, driving cross-country, or on an airplane, you’ll rest easy
- MATCHING CAMPING GEAR: Each pillow matches the lining of one or more TETON Sports Sleeping Bags and compresses down into the included stuff sack for easy packing
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
These are five of the best camping pillows that are currently available on the market, and we are sure that one of these will be the best option for you. When you buy one of these pillows, they will certainly make it a lot easier for you to get to sleep in your tent. You’ll enjoy comfort throughout the night and will wake up feeling raring to go!
No one wants to suffer a bad night’s sleep while camping, so make sure you take your camping pillow decision seriously. Getting a great pillow will definitely make all of the difference to your trip!