The Top 5 Boat Covers Reviewed
Why do you need a boat cover? In essence, boat covers are there to protect your prized possession. They can be draped over your boat while it’s not being used, keeping it protected from adverse weather conditions and other things around it. Regardless of whether your boat is stored outside in a dock or inside in a storage space, you need good quality boat covers to keep it in the best condition!
The very best boat covers will be waterproof, durable, and can be adjusted to fit different boat styles and sizes. Even if you already have one, you need to replace it after a few years to ensure your boat gets the full protection it needs. In fact, it can be a good idea to buy a handful that you can cycle through all the time to ensure they last longer.
This brings us to the obvious question; what are the best boat covers? We’ve done the research, so all you need to do is read our boat cover reviews and decide which one you love the most:
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Boat Covers is the MSC Heavy Duty 600D Marine Grade Polyester Canvas Trailerable Waterproof Boat Cover.
Best Boat Covers
As the name suggests, this is a very durable boat cover that’s made to resist some of the harshest conditions imaginable. It’s been specifically designed for long-term storage, mooring, or highway travel. As such, it’s made out of marine-grade polyester, which is incredibly sturdy and water resistant. Not only that, but this material has the benefit of not stretching or shrinking as you use it – which can be a problem with some lower-quality custom boat covers. The beauty of this is that, when you choose the size, you can continue using it for years on end.
Speaking of which, 6 different models offer various sizes for you to choose from. As a result, you can find a model that will fit pretty much any boat out there. All you have to do is measure the beam width and the bow to stern length, then find a model that fits your measurements. The straps that come with the cover are adjustable, which helps you get an even better fit for your boat, allowing you to keep the cover tightly drawn over it. This is complemented with quick-release buckles that are so easy for you to use, meaning the keep these straps clamped down firmly in place. Then, when you want to use the boat, you just flick open the buckles, and the straps are released!
While the durability and waterproof qualities are definitely two of the main highlights here, there’s also something to be said about the whole package you receive. The cover itself comes in a tidy little carry bag that’s easy to store it away when you’re out enjoying your boat. The buckles and straps don’t always come with boat covers, so that’s a bonus for you as well! It fits well, looks great, and there are plenty of colors to choose from, meaning you can get a cover that matches your boat!
- Made of marine grade polyester canvas with double PU Coating
- Designed for both long-term storage, mooring and highway travel
- Includes adjustable straps and storage bag; 2 Year limited warranty
- Recommend use boat cover support pole system
- Model D - Length:17'-19' Beam width: up to 96"
At a brief glance, this is a custom boat cover that combines great looks with incredible practicality. Obviously, the best boat covers need to be of the highest quality possible. This doesn’t disappoint as you get 600D marine-grade woven fabric. When something is marine-grade, then this means it’s designed to stand up to some of the most challenging marine environment. As a result, you’ve got a waterproof boat cover that can handle storms and prevent your boat from getting damaged by general wear and tear.
There are a few special features that make this boat cover stand out from the crowd. Firstly, there’s the option to have a support pole included with the cover. The benefit of this is that you top any water from pooling on top of the cover, which can usually cause a bit of mess when taking it off. Secondly, it features an industrial strength cord that’s used to tie down the cover and keep it securely in place. The quality and robustness of this cord ensure that there’s a very tight fit, and you don’t have to worry about the cover blowing away in harsh winds.
With 6 models to choose from, you can really get a custom fit for your boat. This is made easier by the fact there’s a boat fitting cover guide that you can consult. It’s from the manufacturer so you can choose the ideal model with more accuracy and certainty. To add to all of this, you get a great storage bag for the cover too, so it’s easy to carry around when not in use.
- ▶PROFESSIONAL MANUFACTURER-This boat cover comes in six different sizes as well as multiple different colors, so you’ll be able to pick up the one most fitting for your boat
- ▶RELIABLE PERFORMANCE-One of the main reasons why fabrics fade is exposure to direct sunlight. To protect it from that, the cover is enhanced with anti-UV properties.In addition to that, a special dyeing process, using high-grade dyes is used to ensure there’s high colorfastness. Hence, the cover will not release dye and stain your boat, and secondly, the fading will take place very slowly and minimally.
- ▶PIECE OF MIND- It comes with 11 straps, storage bag,an elastic hem, and 2 year warranty.
- ▶GUARANTEED 5-STAR EXPERIENCE-If you aren't 100% Satisfied for any Reason, well Refund your Money
- ※TIPS FOR SIZE SELECTION-Move up to the next size if your measurement falls on maximum lenght
If you’re after a stylish boat cover that still offers the very best protective qualities, then give this product some time and attention. Visually, it’s stunning. That might not be the most crucial aspect of boat covers, but it still helps to have something that looks nice and makes your boat look good while it’s docked. The beautiful appearance is mostly down to the classic fabric that’s used by the manufacturer. It provides a high-quality textured feel, and this is boosted by incredible water resistance and durability. Also, and this is a nice bonus if you want to be more environmentally friendly, there are no PVC carcinogenic chemicals in the material.
A really great feature of this boat cover is the convenient strapping system. It uses quick-release buckles that help you take the cover off in a matter of seconds. But, they also allow you to securely tie down the cover without any fuss at all. The straps themselves help the cover fit your boat too, so there’s no excessive sagging or flappy fabric. You can choose any of the 7 sizes available to ensure you get that custom fit your boat deserves.
A support pole is included as part of the package too, so this stops all the nasty pools of water when it rains. All things considered, it’s a hassle-free product that gives your boat all the protection it requires in both wet and dry conditions.
- MARINE GRADE BOATING ACCESSORIES: Won't shrink or stretch, designed for extra durability, fabric coating technology for max water repellency, UV protection, mildew resistance and all-weather protection
- INCLUDES SUPPORT POLE: Prevents water from pooling and helps preserve the cover while dual rear air vents with build in stiffeners reduce wind pressure and allows inside moisture to escape
- PROTECTIVE COVER FOR BOATS: Elastic cord gives a tight, custom fit while the integrated buckle and strap system allows for easy fitting and trailering, adjustable straps snap into quick-release buckles on the cover
- TRAILERABLE BOAT COVER: Fits Most boats 17' - 19' L x 102" W with or without windshield (including V-hull runabouts, outboards and I/O, and others), full cut to allow extra room for accessories such as bow rails and running lights
- BOAT ACCESSORIES: Support pole, Storage bag, Tie-down straps, and 5-year Hassle-Free Warranty included.Adjustable Straps Snap Into Quick-Release Buckles On The Cover
AmazonBasics weighs in with their waterproof boat covers that keep the outdoor elements at bay. It’s 100% polyester, so you know you’re getting something that will last a very long time and be extremely durable. The quality of the material means that this cover shouldn’t change shape as you use it. Some covers can shrink or stretch with repeated use, but this one is designed to stay the same, so you always get the perfect fit.
Some boat covers can be guilty of feeling a little bit too heavy, but this one only weighs around 10 pounds. Therefore, it’s so easy for you to carry around and won’t weigh down your boat. This convenience is heightened when you consider the cover can be cleaned with ease too. All it takes is a little bit of warm water, and you can get rid of any dust marks or stains that can appear. The ability to maintain your boat cover like this means it will only last even longer than expected.
This cover will fit both bass boats and V-Hull runabouts, and there are multiple sizes for you to look at and choose for your boat. It fits very well, and you can use it on highways because of the tight fit it creates. Also, it’s backed by a one-year warranty, so you have 12 months to return it free of charge if you don’t think it lives up to your expectations.
- Trailerable boat cover protects bass boats (16-18.5 feet long by up to 98 inches wide) from outdoor elements when storing or transporting
- Made of 100% polyester for exceptional durability; won't shrink or stretch, ensuring a long-lasting secure fit
- Sleek light-grey color; weighs 10 pounds; washes clean with warm water
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty; measures 240 by 112 by 30 inches (LxWxH)
To conclude our boat cover reviews, we have this stunning one from PrimeShield. It’s constructed out of 300D polyester fabric, which is coupled with a PU coating. The result is something genuinely weather resistant as it’s waterproof, UV resistant, and stands up against hail and snow too. It even holds its own during freezing temperatures as they’ve manufactured it to be cold-resistant and deal with temperatures as low as -68F.
So, a lot of effort has been put into making this one of the most protective boat covers around. This is further enforced by the sheer quality of workmanship that’s gone into manufacturing it. There are double-stitched interlock seems that make the cover firmer than usual. It gets given a durability boost and is prevented from falling out of shape, which only aids in the way it fits. There’s a buckle and strap system that’s highly convenient and makes strapping down the cover a completely stressless task. Plus, the elastic hem lets you adjust the fit to your boat, so it provides a custom fit.
It looks beautiful, and you can use this cover on so many different boat styles. They’ve got multiple sizes available, going all the way from 14′ to 22′ long and 68″ to 106″ wide. As such, there’s definitely going to be an option for you.
- SIZE & FIT: Full size semi-custom fitted boat cover protects watercraft 17-19 feet long and up to 102 inches wide. Fits V-HULL fishing boats, V-hulls, Tri-hull runabouts, bass boats, and Pro-style bass boats. The seams are double-stitched for extra durability and a better fit. This High density stitching ensures the bass boat cover will not rip, shrink or stretch. It is designed for long-term storage, mooring and trailering.
- WATERPROOF PERFORMANCE: This Heavy Duty boat cover is made of 600D marine grade oxford fabric with a waterproof PU coating and an anti-UV coating. This cover can withstand up to 1000 Psi water pressure ( Most competitors only 700-800 Psi).
- UV PROTECTED: This bass boat cover comes with anti-ultraviolet sun and heat protection, which protects your boat against damage from sun, wind, dust, and other natural elements...always keeping your boat in good condition. This 600D boat cover is also cold-resistant down to -68 Fahrenheit to protect your boat in the winter months too.
- SECURE QUICK RELEASE SYSTEM: Comes with a quick release buckle and strap tightening system for better fitting. The adjustable strap snaps into quick-release buckles sewn onto the waterproof boat cover, making it easy and quick to use. The elastic cord around the bottom hem ensures a tight fit to provide your boat with 360 degrees of all-around protection.
- EASY TO USE: Storage bag included, the bass tracker boat cover can be folded into the bag easily with compact size, stash it while you are out boating. If you have any problem or question, simply contact our customer service team. In order to choose the right size cover, please determine the size of your boat first.
Boat Covers Buyer’s Guide
The thing with boat covers is that they’re all reasonably similar. So, choosing the best one comes down to personal preference. An excellent place to start is with your budget; weigh up the options and find one that’s affordable for you.
Also, consider how often you’ll need this boat cover and the conditions you’re likely to face. If you live somewhere that sees a lot of bad weather – or your boat is stored in a very dusty place – then you need a cover that offers extreme durability in the harshest environments.
Use our boat cover reviews to decide which product appeals most to your needs, and you can buy something that protects one of your most prized investments.
Here is a video demonstrating how to install a universal boat cover: